C-7 FR Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 01/11/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: C-7 FR
This extended scale 7-string Schecter electric guitar features an arched ash body with a set-in 26.5" scale maple neck.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Features: 9.5
 9.7
 9.7
 9.6
reviews (2) 17 comments vote for this gear:
C-7 FR Reviewed by: lambofgod0127, on january 07, 2008

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: I don't know the year when mine was made, my guess would be 2007 and it was made in south Korea. It comes with a maple fingerboard, 24 jumbo frets and a 26.5" scale. The body is made of Ash wood and the neck is made of maple and is also a neck through. The body is a Vampyre Red Satin as is the back of the neck and headstock. The body style reminds me of my Jackson DXMG Dinky or maybe a Fender. A very nice feature of this guitar is that it comes with an original Floyd Rose tremolo and EMG 707's ("The 707 is a dual coil pickup with Alnico Poles similar to the 85, with the same amount of output." from emgpickups.com). It comes with only one volume knob and a 3-way Switch. It has a locking nut and grover tuners (all black hardware). One draw back is that it doesn't come with a case, but it did come with a cable and tools. But over all, very nice guitar. // 10

Sound: I like to play heavy metal, that is my main style, but I will also play just about anything that sounds good. This guitar fits my playing perfectly. It gets all the lows, while still getting the highs whether distorted or clean. I use it with my Line 6 Spider III amp. Due to the size of the pickups and them being active they do get some unwanted extra sound when distorted. It has a nice full sound and the variety is awesome. As I said it gets all the lows you'd expect of a 7-string while still keeping the highs intact. The harmonic qualities are very good as well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I only needed to do a few adjustments (and still need to do a few more) but over all I was playable right from the factory. The action is set nice an low so it's not a beast to play. I didn't have to make any adjustments to the pickups and all of the features where perfect. There wasn't a flaw in the guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is a very and I mean very sturdy guitar. This could play hundreds of shows and still just keep going. The strap buttons are very solid, although I am going to replace them with strap locks. I think this guitar could do a show all on it's own without a backup, that is if you're only using one tuning for all your songs. As for the finish, I think it will last, I wear Tripp pants all the time (for those of you Who don't know, they have all the chains and stuff on them) and there are a few little things on the bottom from the guitar rubbing on them but no finish has come off. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said, it fits my style perfectly. I haven't been playing very long, only about 1 year and 6 months but both my father (playing for some amount of years) and my guitar instructor Tom Kopyto (playing 16 years) say it's a very nice guitar and plays amazingly. I won about 5 other guitars, and my dad owns about another 5. If I lost this guitar or it got stolen I would defiantly re-buy it, after searching none stop for it for a long time. I love the way this guitar plays, I had only play an Ibanez 7-string before it but the Ibanez was hard to get used to the adjustment from a 6 to a 7 but this guitar was very easy to get used to. I hate that it didn't come with a case, but to look at it in a different way, at least I get to choose the case and I'm not give a peace of crap one. Nothing compares to it, and I wish it had strap locks, more so than a case. // 10

C-7 FR Reviewed by: Acronikos, on january 11, 2010

Purchased from: Spyro's Modern Music

Features: As far as the features are concerned, this guitar packs quite a few excellent surprises. This is a seven string model guitar with tuning of the strings B,E,A,D,G,B,E. This guitar is manufactured in Indonesia and the quality of the build is great and sturdy. It is a durable guitar that comes with 24 frets with dot inlay. The neck is nice and wide yet slim enough for quick jumps. The neck is surprisingly not too much wider than a 6 string guitar and is easy to become comfortable with. Here are some specs: Body: Mahogany Neck: Maple Fretboard: Rosewood Finish: Gloss White (black binding around the body) Construction: Bolt on neck Pickups: Duncan Designed HB-105s (Active) Controls: Volume, Volume, Tone, Three Way Switch Bridge: LFR Licensed Floyd Rose // 9

Sound: I have been playing a lot of deathcore lately and wanted to experiment with 7-string guitars. This one was the perfect choice for me and has an incredible playability. So mainly I play various variations of metal (grindcore, deathcore, metalcore, ect.) and a guitar like this is perfect for that style. I am currently using my Ampeg 212 Reverberocket as my amplifier. I recommend tube amps to any guitar player in search of quality tone. The guitar has great tone and has wonderful cleans. When distortion is turned on, that is where this guitar shines. The stock active pickup that are "Duncan Designed" actually don't suck as bad as everyone might imagine. It is a very versatile guitar and I plan to be using it to play classical Spanish guitar as well as for metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the guitar when I first played it at the shop was perfect. I then purchased it, and took it home and have yet to have any problems with the action. The pickups were placed professionally and nothing needed to be corrected there. The neck is perfectly straight and none of the notes toward the highest frets decided to fret out. Also no fret buzz when played. No flaws in the construction of the guitar have yet to become apparent to me. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is meant to be played live. It is a beast and can pretty much handle any situation. The hardware is black chrome and in very good condition and I expect it to last a long while. The strap buttons are secure and solid. I do depend on this guitar seeing as I sold my other two guitars to manage the funds for this one. This is now my main guitar and it has been wonderful, durable, and a blast to play. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing a lot of old After the Burial and this is the kind of guitar suited for any variety of metal to even classical music. It has the versatility. I have been playing for about 6 years now and I used to own two Parker guitars. I really can't compare the Parkers to the Schecter they are each individually special. Although I can say that Parkers aren't for metal and Schecters are. I love everything about this guitar and highly recommend it. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Damien Elite-6 7.8 Electric Guitars 12/08/2014