Damien Elite Avenger FR Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 08/01/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: Damien Elite Avenger FR
My favorite thing about this guitar is its amazing quilted maple top. It is just plain stunning. This thing sounds great.
 9.2
 9.2
 9.1
review (1) pictures (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
Damien Elite Avenger FR Reviewed by: JStraitiff, on august 01, 2011

Features: This is brand new. Probably one of the first of this model with a floyd rose. Mahogany body, Quilted maple top w/ transparent black finish, bolt on maple neck, 24 jumbo frets, 25.5" scale (afaik), alabone inlays. Equipped with Floyd Rose special, active EMG 81/85, 1 tone, 1 volume and a 3 way switch. Only reason I would down rate this is I would prefer a set or throughbody neck probably mahogany and not 3 piece. Also an original Floyd Rose would be preferred, but overall these downfalls are negligible. // 8

Sound: This thing sounds great. The classic EMG 81/85 combo give a great tone. Sustain is surprisingly awesome. No complaints in this dept. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory setup was half a-sed. The Bridge was drooping quite a bit back but for me this was irrelevant since I reset it right off the bat and dropped the tuning. The pickups are set well out of e box and just about everything else including finish, routing and electronics are perfectly fine. I actually really love the way the selector and knobs are sunken into the top. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Id say this thing would withstand plenty of wear and tear. All the components are awesome and made from heavy duty materials. I'm aware of the word that Floyd Rose specials tend to wear out faster but I don't see it being a big problem. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm a progressive metal guitarist, and this thing just had an all out bad a-s appearence between the Avenger body shape, and alabone inlays. My favorite thing about this guitar is its amazing quilted maple top. It is just plain stunning. If I were to lose this guitar somehow I would more than likely replace it with the exact same model. Definitely my favorite at the moment. // 9

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Omen-7 7.8 Electric Guitars 12/21/2013