Damien Special FR Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 04/26/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: Damien Special FR
Great guitar so if you want something new but cheap under 300$ and see this should go for it great guitar.
 9.2
 6.8
review (1) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Damien Special FR Reviewed by: Reizei, on april 26, 2011

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: This beauty was made in China in 2009 with 24 extra jumbo frets, Rosewood fingerboard and maple neck and mahogany body. I bought mine in a black cherry finish because I love the crimson look Schecter gives I'll post pictures on my profile later. C1 body so double cutaway gives great access. Original Floyd Rose with tremolo EMG HZ passive pick up, volume tone and a 3 way Switch and grover tuners. Originally this guitar would cost 500$ but I got it new as a B stock because of a white speck on side of cut away where you can't see it. // 10

Sound: For me the sound was great it was very powerful even on low setting through my cheapy Epiphone studio 15 amp there was almost no noticable buzzing the clean is nice but you can make this thing get some crunch or some nice distortion, I was using a Boss DS1 and anything on that 6th string was just like getting hit by a semi-truck. I haven't had too much of an opprotunity to play other things but for metal and hardcore stuff its a perfect guitar, the neck is easy to play with. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Besides the fact mine is a B stock the guitar was set up perfectly, the action can be played with like any other guitar to suit your personal taste the pickups are fine everything was put together properly no rewiring and such needed, again mine was a B stock so there was a small white speck in the finish but its not noticable since its on the side of the cut away near neck, its bolted on correctly straight the finish is beautiful controls are fine I have absolutely no problems with how this was put together. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have a chance to play this baby live next month but so far I'm sure it'll withstand a live show. These EMGs will last I'm sure because they're powerful and EMG so good track record. The strap buttons are like a rock. I can depend on this guitar for just about anything its very versatile and stays in tune thanks to the FR so I wouldn't think of needing a backup but always good to have 1, the finish is well done so I'm sure it wont fade or anything unless I throw the thing. // 8

Overall Impression: Been playing nearly 5 years now and only owned 1 other electric (Epiphone Les Paul Special 2) but played many others. This guitar to me stands up agains tthe others because of how strong it is compared to others, I've played a couple Dean and Ibanez first and the sound just wasn't as strong as this.I love everything about this guitar except for I miss having inlays on my 5 7 9 n 15th frets but its not a big deal already accustomed to it my favorite feature would be the FR bridge, keeps it in tune regardless of how much I use the tremolo. If someone stole this and I had the opprotunity to spend the money on this or a new guitar, I'd get this one again can't think of anything better for the price I got on it. Great guitar so if you want something new but cheap under 300$ and see this should go for it great guitar, beginners tho should spend the money on a value pack just because it saves money. // 9

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Omen-7 7.8 Electric Guitars 04/22/2014