Demon 6 FR Review

8.3
review (1) pictures (4) 27 comments vote for this gear:
Demon 6 FR Reviewed by: relYquin, on july 06, 2011

Purchased from: Bahrain - Room 2 Rock

Features: - Not sure what year it was made but it was crafted in Indonesia. - 24 Frets X Jumbo with a 25.5" Scale - Solid Top - Basswood body w/ Rosewood fingerboard w/ Bolt-on neck - Black Satin finish - Strat style w/ Cutaway - Floyd Rose Special Bridge - Active pickups - Vol/Tone/3-Way Switch - Duncan Designed Active HB-105 - Schecter tuners - mine came with a small cable which I don't really use, couple of tools to adjust the string height and neck tension. // 10

Sound: I play with my band, Hybrid and we are usually hired to perform for private gigs, we perform for special occasions, outdoor events etc. So I have to play different genres, from heavy metal, rock n roll, melodic metal to blues, reggae, alternative, to dance, RnB, HipHop... Well you get the picture. I needed a guitar that would be versatile enough to handle all genres and I was really surprised with this guitar as it was able to take on any type of genre. My amp is a Roland Cube 30and I use a Zoom G2.1U which for me is a perfect combination as the Roland itself can be very versatile with or without a pedal. Surprisingly this guitar isn't noisy at all, even at high gain settings the guitar doesn't make any unnecessary noise. My pedal has a Noise Reduction but whenever I use this guitar I only set the Noise Reduction to 3... 10 being the highest. The guitar of course suits well with metal songs which require that heavy distortion sound with a a nice crunch but in all in all if the sound is modified properly then it can suit any genre you play. When using the clean tone it has a very nice warm sound with a nice balance of lows and highs. In my band we play different genres each requiring different type of distortion, different type of clean tone and I have to say I have no trouble with this guitar, it really is versatile if you know how to set it right. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought the guitar I used it immediately for a show that I had on the same day, and I was able to do the show without any problems. I didn't use the Floyd on the show because I knew that the strings were kinda new so they would definitely go off tune if I abused the Floyd. After the show I only lowered the action a bit then that was it, everything else was fine, pickup height was proper, neck tension was just right. The only flaw that this guitar had was that I had to break in the strings for a while before I could properly use the Floyd which is natural for any guitar with a Floyd Rose. People always say that they have a lot of problems with Floyd trems, well those are the people that don't really understand how to use and SET UP a Floyd properly. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can definitely take on live playing and that was proven on the first day that I had it, where I did a gig immediately with it. That night my band and I played more than 20 songs, and the guitar made it through all of them without any problems. The hardware seems pretty solid and I think they would last for a long time. Strap buttons were screwed on well, but of course it doesn't hurt to check them before every gig. I would do a gig with this guitar only but the thing is my band and I play different types of songs which at some points require different tunings and tuning a guitar with a Floyd Rose should always be done hours before you do a gig so I usually need my other guitar for other songs... But if I were to do a gig where the playlist is set with d same tunings for every song then I would be ok with bringing this guitar only. The Satin Black finish is really smooth, seems to attract a lot of attention because there isnt much guitars with that type of finish... For now. The finish does attract dust easily but that isn't a problem that would make me wanna sell the guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing guitar for almost 6 years starting off with only rock music then moving on to many other genres and now I play pretty much any genre. This guitar is a good match for my styles. When people get a first look at the guitar they would think "isn't that guitar for metal?", well it is but not only metal, it can go for any genre if its in the right hands. Basically my equipment are all amazing for their price, my amp is a Roland Cube 30 which has its own built in effects. My pedal is a Zoom G2.1U which is pretty small in size but big on sound, and its an amazing pedal for recording in my opinion. If this guitar were stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again but in time of course I might modify it a bit, maybe change the pickups to Dimarzios or EMGs. I could actually compare this guitar to some of the Ibanez models, to me the only difference they have is that the Ibanez Wizard necks are thinner and thicker which is also something that I like. I prefer the Floyd on this guitar which is the Floyd Rose Special compared to most of the Floyd on Ibanez, the Edge 3 or 1. The only thing I wish this guitar had is a Sustainiac. If it had one that would be EPIC! // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Raiden Special-4 9 Bass Guitars 05/19/2014