Omen-6 Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 10/05/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: Omen-6
With its sleek carved top basswood body, 24-fret bolt-on Maple neck with a Rosewood fretboard, and two Diamond humbuckers, it's sure to be a signal that great sound quality and beautiful design go hand-in-hand.
 Features: 8.4
 8.4
 8.8
reviews (32) pictures (4) 61 comments vote for this gear:
Omen-6 Reviewed by: vxalpha9xv, on july 06, 2004

Features: Nice guitar. Dual humbucker design. Basswood body. Bolt on maple neck with string-thru body tailpiece. 24 frets. Nice diamond tuners and chrome hardware. // 8

Sound: I believe that the pickups could be replaced, but they should work nicely for beginner and even intermediate players. I play a lot of Metallica style music, and it sounds great on my Marshall VS8080. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The neck is nice and sturdy, even with it's bold-on construction. Nice black finish, and great action. A very comfortable guitar to hold. Not too heavy; I could play it for hours without getting a sore leg. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think taht this guitar is very well-constructed and would be able to withstand anything you could do with it at a gig. This guitar is one that I believe was built to last. The only downside is the black finish; it shows every mark. But I do not blame the company for this because it is true of most black finishes. // 8

Overall Impression: I think this guitar is a great product at an affordable price. Don't get me wrong, this guitar may be the cheapest in the line, but it will rock on any occasion. The Omen 6 has great playability. It's neck is not too bulky, and not to skinny. I would recommend this guitar to any guitar player. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: Lincubus411, on november 15, 2006

Purchased from: Music City

Sound: First off all these positive reviews are from people who haven't been playing very long and haven't really experimented with other guitars and tonal options. That being said it's still a very good guitar for beginners (definitely better than a Fender). The pickups are adequate, but not great, but as I already stated good enough for beginners. If this is your first guitar, believe me you're going to think that they sound great, but once you become more experienced with guitar and start listening to a variety of tones, you'll find that you need to make some modifications to this axe. I dropped in a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck and a Screamin Demon in the bridge and MAN did the tone drastically change. Volume knob one of the few parts I did not modify, does a pretty good job of cleaning up distortion. Tone knob, however, sucks. A lot. It seems like there are only two sounds possible with this knob. Really dull and flat or sharp and cutting. Not a very big deal to me as I usually keep the tone all the way up, but keeps the Omen 6 from being a more versatile guitar. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Despite some of the previous reviews, this guitar could not have been manufactured in the US. Since the start of Schecter's Diamond series, the Omen 6 has always been made in Korea. That being said, the set up is done in the US. Set up was very well done. Action was good and the guitar was playable right from the store. Omen 6 did have one problem though. The strap buttons tend to loosen up after prolonged use. I've tried filling in the gap with wood glue, but to no avail. My advice, invest in a set of straplocks. It will prolong the life of your strap and keep your guitar from crashing to the ground mid gig. Again despite what a previous review has said, there is no bookmatched top on this guitar! It is a basswood body with a thick black or blue finish. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Other than the strap buttons, this guitar is one tough SOB. Mine's got it's share of dings and scrapes, but that's to be expected after 5 years of use. I've used this thing for everything, from practice to gigs. Pretty much taken to hell and back, and it's still alive. If you want durability, this guitar will satisfy that need admirably. Just make sure to replace the strap button. Believe me, that is the problem with all strap buttons. The constant pulling and tugging on them from the strap will cause them to loosen up. Using a straplock with create a much more solid hold. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I would have to give this guitar three seperate grades. For a beginner Who's into hard rock and metal specifically, I would recommend this guitar in a heart beat. Everyone needs to start somewhere and this guitar would be a great start. From a more experienced guitar player's viewpoint, this would be one to avoid, unless you like doing modifications (which I do), otherwise, pay a little more and get a better with better tonality right from the get-go. Most importantly, from MY standpoint, I love my Omen 6. It's been a great Tool in teaching me guitar, and like me playing, my Omen 6 has undergone a natural evolution. I've replaced the strap buttons, tuners, pickups, and plan on replacing the bridge. In the state that it's in now, it's much more versatile now. So overall, a good guitar for beginners, and when modified, goes from good to great. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: smooth9825, on may 13, 2005

Purchased from: Guitar center

Features: This thing has 24 jumbo frets, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. The body is basswood. It's got the Tune-O-Matic bridge and string thru body which gives it sick sustain but can cause a bit of trouble when your changing the strings. 1 volume, 1 tone, three way Switch. This thing stays in tune for a loong time. If your a beginner be careful because it lacks a pick gaurd. Be nice if it had more than one tone and volume knobs but its real good the way it is. Dust always seems to be stuck in the pickups and it can be a pain to clean out. // 8

Sound: I'm using this thing with a Behringer GM108 15 watt and Marshall MG250DFX and it gets great sound on both. It's great for anything, but especially metal and rock. This thing has a great low range and is perfect for power chords. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this was pretty good overall but there was some buzzing on the lower frets which was easy to fix. Also had a scratch but that was just unlucky of me. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a tank. You could drop it and not have ot worry about it not working. The strap buttons are as solid as it gets. I do use this thing for gigs without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock and punk rock and this thing has held up wonderfully. If it were stolen I would buy it again but possibly in electrice blue instead of black. For the price, this thing is the best sound you can get. Only thing it needs is possibly some Seymour Duncan pickups on it. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: schecterman24, on september 13, 2004

Features: I have the gloss black 2004 model made in Korea. It has twin humbuckers, 24 jumbo frets and a maple neck which feels really fast and the body is basswood which is not too heavy. The body is a Strat style with Tom string-thru-body. The controls are simple: 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 3-way selecter. It has grover tuners. It would be really good if it had a floyd-rose but it's good enough. When I bought this guitar it was new out of a box and just had been hung up. // 10

Sound: This guitar is very good for metal and hard rock. I have a Marshall 50dfx so I have much better tone and effects. I also have a Crate GX15 practice amp and when I played with my first Epiphone Les Paul there was feedback, and when I played with my Schecter, there was also feedback so I assumed that the feedback was coming from my amp, so no problems with this guitar. This Schecter has a good cruchy sound on distortion and is really clear when you play without distortion. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Like I said my guitar was brand new and if you looking for or buying a guitar go to Guitar Center because this is the best music store. When I buy my guitars, I always test it with every amp and with all the controls on the guitar to make sure it functions properly. My guitar was the shiniest guitar hanging up there. // 10

Reliability & Durability: So far I've played with my band which is incomplete, but practice is still the best with this guitar. To me all the hardware will last a lifetime. The only problem is when you make a smudge on the guitar, don't panic, just use cloth or your t-shirt to clean it. It took me a couple of hours to figure it out. // 10

Overall Impression: This is my favorite guitar along with my Epiphone Les Paul. I play a wide variety of rock, from led Zeppelin to Metallica. This guitar is perfect! I've been playing for 4 years now. This guitar is only $300! This is probably the best guitar you can get for the price. I recommend this guitar to any body at any level. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: tongue untied, on march 25, 2005

Purchased from: musicians friend

Features: This guitar is a 2003 Omen 06 Diamond series. It has 24 jumbo frets, rosewood fretboard. It's made of basswood, and though its a little on the thick side, you can play for hours with it and you hardly notice it's there. It beautifully shaped, and it looks awesome in all the colors I've seen it. Mine is black, and the paint is very thick. A Tune-O-Matic bridge allows for awsome action, and the string through body sustains for ever. The stock pickups were amazing, but when I replaced the with EMG '81s and '85s, the tone was amasing. The tuners are pretty good, and it stays in tune for ever. All in all this is an awesome guitar for the price. // 10

Sound: This guitar is awesome for a metal player, or any player at that. I've recorded metal, blues, and soft rock with this guitar, running through a Musicman 212 HD tube amp, and a Boss Metal Zone. The stock pickups were amazing for blues, and pretty good for metal, but when I upgraded to EMG's, the tone got alot better. like I've said, I play/record blues and metal with this guitar, and my tone is amazing. Feedback is not a problem, even at high gain, and volume. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar, the action was very good. The pickups were positioned great, everything fit secure, the neck wasn't bowed, everything was pretty good. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yes, this guitar will take the beating of gigs. Everything on it works awsome. I had a little trouble with the tone pot, and one of the strap buttons. But after a proper tightening, no problems since. The chrome on the bridge has worn off a little do to the constant palm muting, but I like it. I have used this guitar at a gig without a back up, and I wasnt even worried about it. The finish is quite thick, and doesn't scracth very much. This is a quality guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal, mainly thrash metal, alot of Metallica. But I love blues and '80s rock. This guitar matches all my needs. I've been playing for almost 2 years, and I have used this guitar for nearly that long. I alo have a Vintage Musicman 212 HD all tube amp, 2 acoustics, a Fender Strat, and a custom Ibanez. This guitar plays better than all of my other ones. I love this guitar, it's one of the nicest playing guitars for the price. I've had people that play Gibsons tell me that this guitar kicks ass, and have bin offer 600 dollars for it since I put in the EMGs. if it were stolen, I would deffitnatly get another shecter, though I mite upgrade to a C1. The only thing I would change on this guitar would be the tuners. I would love to have locking tuners for this, even though it doesn't need it. I love this guitar, and if anyone needs a beginner guitar, or just a quality guitar at a excellent price, I suggest this to them. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: TheMutts, on september 01, 2005

Features: Well I got the new Omen 6 (the brown wood finish one) and I'm really happy with it. A large upgrade from my Fender Strat. It has 24 frets which play real good except when I bought the guitar I had to raise the bridge because a couple strings would hit the fret and rattle on the first fret. There's a lot of details I don't know but heres the good info I can give you. It's solid body and the strings go through the body so it wont come out of tune unless you mess with the tuning pegs. It has a body style like a Strat. It has one volume nob and one tone nob, and a 3-way pickup selector. I give it a 4 because I had to tweak on the bridge and almost had to buy a bigger nut so the strings were even on the fret board. // 8

Sound: Sound can be very heavy solid for soloing and fat rich sounds for powerchords and wut not. The clean tone is pretty good, has nice tone selection for clean. The distortion will sound really good though, better than clean tone I think. It sounds right on. I however plan on putting some EMGs in it though so I can get the perfect tone I want. But out of the store that guitar sounds awsome. It has almost no static when you play in front of a computer and stuff like that. It's awesome. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Yeah, except for the string and bridge thing I mentioned this thing plays great. Really good feel to it. Not heavy at all I think. I love how comfortable it is and how easy to play it is. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is solid and durable. However due to my own stupidity I managed to put a chip in the body already. I set it down to hard on my stand and it put a pretty decent size knot in the body. So don't make that mistake. But if you drop it on the carpet, it'll be fine. The neck feels solid and the strap buttons are really good too. It's durable and I havn't had any mechanical problems yet either. // 10

Overall Impression: I give it an A- because of the bridge mess up and only being one tone nob. I already pretty much told you everything I could about it. I would buy it because it's really good for its price. Really good! If you go from a Strat to this guitar, you will be very very pleased. And my Strat cost 20 bucks less than this guitar. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: WrathOscuro, on may 14, 2007

Features: The Schecter Omen 6 is quite possibly the best guitar you can get in the price range, especially if you're looking to play rock or metal. The Omen comes with a 25.5" bolt-on neck, with a Basswood body, maple/rosewood fretboard, and dot inlays. There is 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, and a 3-way pickup switch. The pickups are the Standard Schecter Diamond Series humbuckers, and the tuners are also Standard. This guitar is available in gloss black with chrome hardware, Metallic Blue with chrome hardware, and Walnut Satin with black hardware. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic with a thru-body, allowing a great deal of sustain, and enabling the guitar to stay in tune for longer periods of time. All of the essentials needed for a decent guitar are here, though it would be nice if you could get different bridges, like a Floyd Rose. // 8

Sound: As for the sound, it's capable of some pretty good tones surprisingly. This guitar can easily handle anything from Blues to Death Metal. Eventually, you probably will want to upgrade the pickups, but what do you expect from a $300 guitar? With that said, they are very nice quality for what they are. The pickups can be a little noisy, but only at maximum gain levels. That's typical of many many guitars. I wouldn't let this get in the way of purchasing it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish is basic, but nice. I got the Metallic Blue version. Smudges appear at a moderate level. Not too much, but not perfectly clean either. The neck and the bridge however, annoy me. These two things are both personal preference, but for me, I find the neck to be too small. Too small as in it's not wide enough across for my liking, and I don't have big hands. The bridge needs to be adjusted, because for a guitar built to rock, shred, etc the action is a little too high. I haven't owned many guitars, so I'm not sure if it's different for others, but dust collects up pretty fast under the strings/bridge. And it is very noticeable. The knobs, Switch, and the strap buttons are perfectly held in place, so no worries about that. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is gig worthy. Sounds nice, strap buttons are solid, it takes a while before it goes out of tune, and I've banged it against things multiple times and there are no chips or warping anywhere on the guitar. I would have a backup guitar with me though, primarily because I don't trust guitar strings. Always have a backup guitar no matter what incase a string breaks! // 10

Overall Impression: This is a very nice guitar for players of all ages and skill levels that don't want to fork over a ton of money on a guitar. This guitar is built to last, and possibly the best you can get in this price range. If it were lost or stolen though, I wouldn't get another one of these. Mainly because by then, I'd want to upgrade to something better anyway. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: ehlert99, on january 12, 2009

Purchased from: GuitarCenter.com

Features: This guitar features the traditional Strat style body many Schecter guitars share. Honestly though I don't like comparing it to a Strat cause the body really doesn't look like it aside from the horns. Has string through body and the Diamond series bridge and neck pickups. Contains 1 volume, and 1 tone knob with a 3-way Switch. Has 24 frets. // 9

Sound: I am a hard rock/metal type of player and while I can get into softer stuff I prefer music with clean vocals and heavy riffs such as Alter Bridge for example. This guitar was born to play metal but I find it suits my playing just fine for anything other than 60's rock (just general time period). I use a Crate stack with this guitar and it always comes out nice and beefy and with a flick of a Switch it will adapt and play to my leads. I like the neck pickup a lot because the deep tone sounds great when mixed with the semi decent bridge pickup. I might later change out for tremonti's. This guitar is very good for harmonics, and fast leads over the neck. When I got mine though the frets seemed they needed to be shaved down a little. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: For what it's worth, the guitar was set up very good at the factory, my only complaint was the action was not low enough for me right from the get go (which is weird cause for a metal guitar it would kind of go without saying to have it low) but I fixed that easy enough. The hardware is holding up nice and after 8 months it still hasn't started to oxidize on me unlike other guitars I play in hot bars. The finish is beautiful and there is just something amazing about seeing your reflection in the body of a lucious black guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: The guitar holds up amazing and I have no real complaints aside from the back strap hook is stipping out, but that can easily be player error. I have also dropped this guitar quite a few times and have yet to see any paint chips or damage on the guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: For the price this is an amazingly shred guitar, the pick ups sound great and with a few tweaks can sound even better for being series standards. Action may be high when you buy it but it isn't a real issue to fix. I recommend this guitar to anyone looking for hard riffs, face melting solos, and an empty wallet. // 7

Omen-6 Reviewed by: Save You, on july 24, 2004

Features: My Omen 6 was made in 2004 in Korea with a 24 fret neck and a medium neck. This solid top guitar has a beautiful transparent finish. Either black or blue. I chose black for mine. It has a Strat style body with a tune-o-matic bridge and string thru body. This guitar has passive elctronics which doesn't give it as much crunch as an EMG or a good DiMarzio pick up. The controls on this are: 1 volume and 1 tone knob, 3 way selector Switch and a H/H pick up config. The pickups are Duncan Design which would make them non-duncans, just designed from them. This just has standard run of the mill Gotoh or Grover tuners on it, there really isn't a name on them. They give you a shitty cable which in my case, was shorted out. // 6

Sound: This guitar is mainly for rythmn metal and even lead metal. I can get a good solo out of it every so often but I just wished it had a better pick up system. I'm using a cheap Drive 20watt amp and a Marshall half stack (it's not mine of course, I'd give you the model #). This guitar sounds quite nice. There is no noise other than what you play and if you're running alot of distortion through to give you bad feed back. This guitar is really a one trick pony. It can easily be used for Black Sabbath, but for a band like Van Halen don't try it. It's too deep. I just wished they would have used actual Duncans instead of their own no-name brand. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar came from the factory flawless. My only gripe is that the volume and tone knobs create some feedback and buzzing when you're using heavy distortion (Boss DS-1 Cranked on Distortion). Everything came in tip-top shape compared to what I've seen. The factory set up was quite nice, but I lowered it so I could do fretboard tapping a hell of a lot easier. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a beast. I've dropped it a few times and it barely looks like it happend. Sure, there are a few scratches on it but that doesn't take the sound away from it. The guitar could most definatly withstand a good gig or two (maybe hundred). The hardware seems great. The black knob on the top of my selector Switch did break though. Schecter sent me one out the next day. I would never gig without a back up, only because of the obvious reasons; string break = out of tune = half the song may be on that string = millions of possibilities. Trust me, this guitar is built to last. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a little bit of everything. Led Zeppelin to Pearl Jam. Black Sabbath to Nirvana. The Who to Van Halen. This thing is well suited for most of them, but really not for a Van Halen sound. EVH uses an extremely hot pickup wound to perfection. $140 bucks a pop though. I've been playing for about 7 or 8 months now and I really just own this and my crappy Drive 20watter. I have a few distortion pedals and a Dunlop GCB-95 WAH, which is really bad. If this thing was stolen, I'd kill the bastard who took it. I really wished it wasn't string through and it had a good old Floyd Rose Tremolo. Other than that, this thing is built to last. For $299, you can't go wrong. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 13, 2004

Features: I would use this on a gig without a backup simply cuz I don't have a backup, although common sense would say to always have one cuz you just never do know, but I would feel comfortable using it at a gig irregardless. I use a straplock system so I doubt it will be falling off anytime soon, just an occasional tightening of the strap buttons. As far as I can tell the finish is fine. I would trust this quite alright for any use. // 10

Sound: I'm using this with a Crate GLX65, the distorition is amazing for only stock guitar and amp settings. It's above and beyond Nirvana, tho not quite sumthing of the likes of cannible corpse or slayer or KSE etc. I will still be needing a footswitch for my style of music. The guitar easily handles from Dream Theater to Nirvana to about any mainstream rock and Metallica and grunge and Led Zepplin. All that I've thrown its way thus far. When I played this at the store (Dave Phillips Music and Sound, Allentown PA, kudos to the store, great place) in comparison to an Ibanez Schecter ripoff and even a Fender Showmaster (real Dunlop dual humbucker pickups may I add) the humbuckers on this soudned crunchier, and clearer. It's sound was better then all of these, amazing for the cost. Please note it was nearly half the cost of the Fender Showmaster. // 10

Overall Impression: okay, I've only started playing for real about 2 months now, this is my first electric, and a major step up from the Harmony (yea thats right, thats the name of the guitar) Junior acoustic "Stella" guitar lmao. However, I wisely made this purchase, and feel quite justified in it. My budge was large but I didnt wanna spend all I had unless it was a must. In comparison to guitars over double its price this guitar held its own against them all and exceeded all of them in some way. The sound is amazing for the price. My only compalint is the lack of a whammy bar, but o well, I can manage without that quite alright. I love the fact thats its electric (cheap acoustics r no fun at all). it simply blows away the Fender Showmaster and Ibanez counterpart/copy that were both more expensive (note, the Showmsater had a whammy, Ibanez didn't, lower sound worse playibility higher price and a whammy for the Fender = 220$ more. I'll take the Omen 6.) If this was stolen id be screwed because I spent all of my money and its back to school so I only get a pitiful 60$ a week, thus meaning I'd have to go to prison for what I would do to the one who stole it, and would have no guitar don't steal my Omen 6 or you die n my life sucks. So lets just all get along eh? Yes I'm new(er) at playing but I know my way around a fretboard and looked into this buy well nad I feel this is the best guitar fromt he 300-550$ range, I played on about 8 guitar, and most were nothing to this and the Fender n the Ibanez, and this was the cheapest it just owns. so now that I'm rambling I think I'll end this now, any feedback or questions feel free to email bmxaqtioner@yahoo.com. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 19, 2004

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: It's pretty new, w/ 24 frets, I don't know what year it was made in. The frets are pretty damn big. It's got a solid top. It's got transparent finish. The body style is pretty much Strat. It's got 2 dials on it, one for volume and one for tone/sharp-dull/ none locking tuners, I got a gig bag and a cable and strap/w it. // 8

Sound: It suits my music style pretty well. I play pop-punk to grunge. All that stuff in between. I am using a 15 watt crate amp. (It's little I know), some times its noisy but it (the guitar) gives a pretty full sound if you have an amp that isnt blown. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't have any manufacturing flaws when I got it, except the bridge was too sharp so it kept cutting my strings at the bridge. Gotta file it down with steel wool or something. Properly bookmatched top. And routed bridge. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yeah it's relaible and yes it would witstand live playing, definitlty, the hard wear is really good. the strap buttons come a little loose if you dont play it for a while. I would surely use it live unless I planned on throwing it. The finish is pretty good unless you like to thrash your guitar then it comes off pretty easy. // 8

Overall Impression: I play punk rock so this is a pretty good match for me. I have been playing for 11 months and I'm acually not bad. I own just the necessities for any electric guitar player. If it was stolen I would most definitely buy the same guitar agian. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 03, 2005

Features: My new Omen 6 was made in America in 2004 (not sure on the year). It has 24 frets and the neck is made of rosewood. It has a really shiny black finish which looks great. It has a nice agathis style bofy, which makes it very easy play. It is a little heavy, but its still very comfortable to play. It has two very nice Duncan Humbuckers which sound great soming out of my Marshall MG100. There is one knob for volume and one knob for bass/treble. There's also a 3 way pickup control (neck, both, and bridge). I sort of wish there was a wammy bar, but I can do without that. // 8

Sound: The sound was really the buying point for me on this guitar. I play both jazz and punk rock, so I needed a guitar that had a nice clean channel and a nice disortion channel. The neck pickup gives the clean tone a very good punch thats great for the rythim parts needed for jazz, and the overdrive has a great sound on either of the other two pickup settings. Of course, with humbuckers, the sound isn't going to be very bright, but the sound is very deep and sounds great with both channels. An easy ten in this department. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I think the guitar was set up very well at the factory very well. I was looking for a guitar that I didn't have to do much with when I bought it. I wanted to just plug in and play. Thats all that I had to do. The neck is very fast which makes for very easy soloing. The only thing that I was a little worried about was that the pickups (mainly the neck one) were wiggling in the guitar a little bit. I was informed not to worry though. // 9

Reliability & Durability: So far, this is a very reliable guitar. I have only had it for a week, so I haven't done much but practice in my basement and jam with my friends yesterday. It hasn't quit on me yet. I would definitly play a gig with it once my band gets to that stage. In December my jazz band at school should have a gig, so I will let you know if it it withstands (I bet it will). // 10

Overall Impression: As I said, I play punk rock and jazz. It's a great match for both of the genres. I have been playing guitar for over 6 years, and this is the best guitar I've ever owned. I usually play this on my Marshall MG100DFX, but if I go anywhere with it, I use my Squier Sidekick 10 watt. It sounds great on both. Now for the question that everyone on UG puts in their reviews, yes I would buy it again if I lost or stole it (as long as I had money). I almost bought a Squier Double Fat Strat, but the salesman showed me this guitar and I was amazed. The only thing I kinda of wish it had was a wammy bar, but I can do without that. Overall, this is an excellent guitar for everyone at every stage of their careers. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 06, 2006

Features: This is a 2006 Schecter Omen 6. It was made in China. It has a 24 jumbo frets, a maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard. It has a very nice shiny black finish. The body is made out of Basswood, and it slightly heavier than other guitars I have played. It has a Strat body style. It uses a Tune-O-Matic bridge with a string-thru body. It has Duncan Design passive pickups. It has 2 chrome controls for volume and tone and a 3-way Switch for the 2 pickups. It has 2 humbuckers. It has Grover tuners, and came with a cable and a wrench for the truss rod. // 10

Sound: I play lots of metal and punk so this guitar suits it very well. It works perfect for Avenged Sevenfold. I use a older Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 amp from 1989, a Boss DS-1 Distortion and a Dunlop Wah Pedal in my set-up. On the bridge pickup, it has a very nice crunchy sound, which is very good for metal. The middle position has a mixed sort of sound, almost like having the tone control set in the middle. The Neck pick-up has a very muddy sound too it, which would be good for solos. You can get a lot of sounds out of this guitar. Though it works the best with metal, the clean is good for Jazz or other stuff. The main sounds you would use this for would be rock or metal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up was very good. I have absolutley no problems with it and I don't think it needs any adjustments. The Action was set up good enough that there was no fretbuzz. The pick-ups were rather low than what I normally play but they still sound fine so I am just leaving them for now. The bridge was perfectly routed. It was properly bookmatched. I only one single problem with it. The Tone control was fitted crooked, so I took it off to fix and I can't get it to sit straight, but its nothing that ruins the guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could withstand playing live. The tuners don't slip and it is very durable. The hardware is very nice and it will last for a very long time. The strap buttons are very good. My strap hasn't fallen off once, on my other guitar it slips off every so often. I could definetly depend on this guitar to last me a gig, it was built to last. The finish is very nice and it would need to take a beating for the finish to wear off. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly punk and metal and this suits it perfect. I have been playing for 2 and a half years so far. I own a Yamaha starter guitar, which was surprisingly good for a starter. I also have a Yamaha practice amp and a Peavey Stereo Chorus 212 amp. Boss DS-1 Distortion and a Dunlop Wah Pedal. I didn't have a choice of what guitar I would be recieving from the contest but I am fine with this one. If This guitar was lost or stolen, I would definetly replace it very quickly with another quality Schecter Product. I love everything about the guitar, it is amazing. I really like the way the body is shaped. I only wish it had come with a case. This is a very good guitar and I recommend it to everyone. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 07, 2006

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: The Omen 6 is a left handed 2004 with 24 Jumbo frets at a 25.5" scale. The body is made of Basswood and the neck is made of maple. The body is satin black Strat styled body. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic with two standard Schecter passive humbuckers. There is one volume knob and one tone knob with a 3-way pickup toggle Switch. // 8

Sound: I typically play 311, Stone Temple Pilots, Pink Floyd, and a few others. I use a Roland Cube 15 along with an Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus, Boss Phase 3 Phaser, and a Boss Metal Zone Distortion. The stock pickups had a pretty bad hum even on low volume. I didn't particularly enjoy either of the pickups so I switched both of the pickups out for a Dimebucker (bridge pickup) and an Alnico II Pro (neck pickup). Much like every other guitar reviewed, its fairly suitable for all types of music with the standard setup, but with my setup its geared more towards hard rock/metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was put together extremely well. I was able to plug it in and tune it up and start playing. The pickup position was fine. There were no flaws with the guitar aside from the frets. I am not a fan of jumbo frets because I feel that they are too 'chunky' when transitioning or sliding up and down the neck. The frets were a little oxidized from the 15th fret to the 24th, so I polished them myself. Which made a world of difference. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing just as well as a Gibson. All of the hardware is very durable. I replaced the strap buttons with straplocks and they work well. If I played shows I could go without a backup. The finish will stand up better than a lot of other finishes since it is a thick finish. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is a perfect match for me, I did a lot of research before buying this guitar and it fit me the best for the price. I've been playing for about 2 years now and couldn't have asked for a better intermediate guitar. I also own an Alvarez guitar. If it were stolen/lost I'd be highly pissed since I put 2 of the best pickups in it. The thing I love the most about the guitar is the way it sounds now compared to before I got the new pickups put in. Its now leaps and bounds better than before. I compared it to the Epiphone Les Pauls, Fenders, etc. and I felt it was just more versatile from all those other popular guitars. The one thing I wish it did have was a neck through body instead of a bolt-on neck. The neck through design with Schecter has such a smooth transition on the C-1 artist that I wish they incorporated it into the Omen 6. The reason I'm giving this rating a 10 is because of my custom setup, not the original setup. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: sempri_fi, on february 17, 2006

Features: This guitar has 24 medium jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard and a maple neck. The body is basswood with a string thru tail piece wich gives pretty good sustain and tuneing stability. It has a electric blue finish that changes color depending on the light you are in. The body is very Strat like, the cutaway is nice and big. It also has an angle to the neck plate so you can get to all of the frets. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic so you can get your intonation perfect. It has grover tuners and stays in tune very well. It came with 2 diomond design humbuckers but they didn't really have the tone I was looking for so I put in 2 Gibson burstbuckers, they sound very good and take atvantage of all of the tone makeing parts of this guitar. It also has 3-way pickup swiching with 1 volume and 1 tone. // 9

Sound: I play classic rock and blues and with the Gibson pickups it sounds perfect for what I play. I use a Jimi Hendrix wah/fuz, a TS9 Tube Screemer, and a DigiTech Hot Rod Distortion, all through a 30w 1X12 Ibanez Trubador acoustic amp with spring reverb and chorous. The sound is actually pretty ajustable, it can be very bright and very dark and is super full. It is pretty quiet stock and completely quiet with the Gibson pickups. I'm very big on noise like sounds and it can make some cool sounds. It could be used for most rock and blues. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfect from the factory. The pickups were a little low for my likeing but that's an easy ajustment. There weren't any flaws that I could see and after a year I still dont see anything but pick scraches because it doesn't have a pickguard. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very solid and id bet it will last for a long time. The strap buttions are especially solid, nice and big so they won't slip off. The hardware will problably last a long time if you keep it clean and polished. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar would be good for intermediate level players and advanced players. If it were stolen I would buy another one immediately. I love the neck on it, it is very smooth and doesn't impeade my playing at all. I don't like how it only has one tone and one volume control for 2 humpuckers but it still has a pretty good sound and tone. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: Schecter Gnome, on april 10, 2006

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: Made in 2006 in China, the Omen 6 has 24 jumbo frets with a 25.5" scale. It has a basswood body with a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. I got the Gloss Black finish, and it is beautiful. It has a Strat body style with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and a string-thru body. It comes with Diamond high-output dual humbucking pickups and a three-way selecter Switch. Although it said on Musicians Friend that the tuners were Diamond, mine came with Grover tuners, but hey, I am not complaining. It also came with a warranty card and a instrument cable (which was pretty cheap). // 9

Sound: The sound out of the stock pick-ups is amazing. It has very little next to no feedback on high volume settings. I play everything from jazz to hard rock, and this guitar gets the job done. After a while you may want to change the pick-ups, and I recommend Seymour Duncans JB and '59 or EMGs active '81/'85 sets. Overall awesome sound! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came with the action a little high for my tastes, but a little change with a screw driver and I fixed it without and trouble. My guitar was not in tune when it arrived, but again, it wasn't really a big deal to fix. I did notice a few flaws, such as small scratches and a badly filed fret wire, that were very minor (I am exteremly picky) so I was not happy about that, but none of them affected how the guitar played. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Yes, this guitar would withstand live playing, I plan on keeping this guitar for a long, time. The strap-buttons are solid and my strap has not come off once, a nice change from my Ibanez, where I had to keep catching my guitar before it hit the floor. The finish is very beatiful, I have the gloss black, it is hard to keep clean though, so if you are someone who does not wipe their guitar off often (shame on you) then I would get the walnut satin version. // 9

Overall Impression: I saved up for a long time for this guitar, and it was worth every penny! The look of it alone was worth the $299.99 I paid for it! If this guitar was stolen I would definitly replace it with the same thing or save a little longer and get a higher end Schecter. Schecter has my business from now on. So if you are debating about it, get a Schecter, you'll fall in love no matter how good you are! // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: Puppet_master99, on july 07, 2006

Purchased from: http://www.musicansfriend.com/

Features: The Schecter Omen 6 electric guitar is a great metal guitar that you can play for hours. Although the profile and top have been subtly reshaped, this guitar shares many common features with the Omen Deluxe: string-thru tailpiece, Diamond tuners, chrome hardware, and dual humbuckers. // 9

Sound: The Schecter Omen 6 electric guitar is a great metal guitar that you can play for hours. It sounds so nice in a Line 6 Spider II 112 combo and without distortion the sound is still nice. It's only noisey if your don't no how to set it up right. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar set up was not bad. But I had to adjust the pickups just a bit and the strings it came with just sucked but other then that this guitar is awesome. The bridge was properly routed and the top was bookmatched good // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would be good for jamming with your friends or at a battle of the bands and even gigs but I would bring a back up if your do gigs. The hardware would last for a very long time. And you dont need to worry about the strap buttons. // 8

Overall Impression: I play many styles of music but its the best for heavey metal and stuff like that. Iv been playing for 2 years and I own a Marshall half stack and a Squier Bullet and a little 40w peak Dean Markley amp I also have a cb set of drums. If it was stolen I would might buy it again but I would proble try something new. The only thing I wish it had was frett markers so it would look nicer. I compared it to my friends Gibson Les Paul Special SL Humbucker and his blew mine away. But if your plan on getting a new guitar and are on a tight budget this is the guitar you want. // 9

Omen-6 Reviewed by: matt is better, on november 13, 2006

Purchased from: guitar center Kirkland, WA

Features: The all new Schecter Diamond series omen six solid body (in black) is a 24 jumbo fret noob to advanced player hard rock guitar that loves to hit low power chords and high octave riffs. Kinda like a Stratocaster because it fits better in a Strat case than any other. The neck is somewhat thick but it helps you enable your hand to stretch more for other guitars. It has a poor volume knob that kills your gain the lower it is, a gain knob that will have a weird tone when low and a lead/rhythm switch which is actually not that bad. I always keep the knobs all the way up and the switch is more for preference if you like a really sharp or smooth tone. I love this guitar on the ac-30 or above amps, UK modern, nu metal, UK '80s. Just amps with a lot of crunch and gain or less hum because the dual humbuckers will pick up a lot of hum no matter what amp you are using. I didn't get any extras with it, just the guitar, case, cord, strap and amp I all payed on my own budget. // 7

Sound: This guitar suits my all around rock style pretty well but if I had the money then I would get the Schecter c1 special. The frets higher up tend to get a little too small and is very difficult to finger the 24 frets. The harmonics are great and loud all the way down the finger board. Not so great for pick slides, you'll get some sound of the strings main sound during the slide. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action, fit and finish is perfect. Every thing was set together very well with only a few scratches from a demo earlier in the month but everything is really great. This is a quality looking guitar and I will always have this one around for practice. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Every thing is perfect, the strings when they get old they will lose tone and the higher up the further off the pitch but that is just the strings. Only if you have major problems with that then it wont help your Live playing. I have played in a few gigs around Washington and I would recommend new strings before the gig or competition. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing for over a year and am very serious about it and so I can play just about any thing more advanced than most that have been playing for a year. I own a Vox valvetronix amp which in my opinion is the best practice amp ever designed. and at not a bad price. it has enough effects to keep me happy for a long time. for the guitar, I wish it had better set of pickups so I don't get as much hum as I am right now. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: vulgarism, on july 13, 2007

Features: Made in Korea, this guitar sports 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard, a maple neck, basswood body, tuno-matic bridge, string thru body, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3-way selector, shoddy Diamond series pickups, and a brown finish. In short, the features are nothing to go crazy over and are fairly Standard. // 7

Sound: My style of music is large, but would mainly consist of metal, rock, and jazz fusion. This guitar does bode well with those styles, but given the lacking "Diamond series" stock pickups included in this guitar, the sound is horrid. The tone knob really only gives you two tones for this guitar, sharp and cutting or dull and morose. This guitar may be good for some beginners, but if you're planning on investing in a second guitar, this is not for you. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory Setups will almost always displease the customer, it is a factory after all. The action was a little too high, the pickups were adjusted fine, as was everything else. So I just fixed this guitar to my likings, which didn't take too long. There were no flaws on this guitar at all, so I have little to complain about. // 8

Reliability & Durability: About the only thing I really likee about this guitar, the fact that everything on it is reliable. The guitar will definitely withstand Live playing (albeit the fact that it will sound bad), the strapbuttons are solid as well. The finish is durable too, but I wouldn't go as far as going to a show without a backup, because a backup guitar is always a neccesity. // 10

Overall Impression: As I have said before, I play metal, rock, and jazz fusion. I have been playing for three years, and I own an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, Ibanez RG350DX, Ovation Celebrity, and Takamine Jasmine. Considering that this is a Schecter, it will definitely be a match. However the pickups disapoint severely, as does all the hardware on this guitar. I would recommend this to those Who like to customize their guitars, otherwise don't get this. // 6

Omen-6 Reviewed by: nolanxxx, on august 17, 2007

Purchased from: friends Bro

Features: The Omen 6 was made in the US, but I'm not qutie sure what year it was made. It has a 24 jumbo frett board made of rosewood. the body is made out of basswood. it has two buttons, one that controls, volume and one that I think controls contour. it has a three way Switch, I mostly keep it in the lower one because it has a bit more definition for everynote you pluck. It has a non-lock tunning system, wich I like because I change the tunning qutie a bit. The guitar was quite a deal because it actually came with a Randall RG100SC amp, haha, really I payed 250 for each. // 10

Sound: I play quite a bit of differnt stuff, from blues to powerpop to deathmetal, and honestly everything is effing amazing, I love the sound of this guitar. I'm using it with a Randall RG100SC wich I got from the same guy and they sound amazing. It's a very quiet guitar, and doesn't get very much feedback. Like I said you can pretty much play whatever with this guitar, but it is definately a guitar built for metal, (for example, Job For a Cowboy, See you Next Tuesday, The Dillinger Escape Plan) but you could play classic rock on it and still be satisfied. All in all, tis amazing. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't get it from the factory, so I can't really comment to much on this, but everything isgood on it. The Action on it is pretty, low, and I like it that way, it takes nothing to push the strings down, wich makes doing solo type stuff crazy easy. Sometimes with lower action the strings hit the frets when you hit them, but it's not the case, the only time it does that is on the top string second fret and only if you hit it really hard. There was only one flaw in the guitar I could see, a nut was loose around the jack and after a bit of time the wires inside worn away, but all I needed to do was sauder it and tighten it up. There was a pretty big chip in the the body, but that's ok, gives it some personality. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't used this guitar Live but I would definately say it would withstand playing Live, because the previous owner played live in a lot, and they were a crazy bunch of kids, they jumped around a lot and spun the guitar around, played the other persons guitar. I'd say the hardware will last, it's a few years old and still works really good, the straps buttons are pretty good, allthought they do slip every once in a while, but I think that is mostly because of the strap and the guitar being at a wierd angel. The finish seems to have warn off, or at least the realy shiny finish, but besides that it's pretty good, doesn't get scratched from the pick or anything. I would say I can definately depened on this guitar. I would use a back up but that would only for a diferent tunning, I don't think it owuld break down in the middle of a gig. // 9

Overall Impression: I play pretty much anyhting but my heart really lies in metal, and it is a great match. You can hear pretty much everynote and sound really good, it's clear and sharp sound wich makes it good for solo's or chords or whatever. I'ver been playing only for a year now but I have had a lot of experience in playing (like 7 hours a day every day almost) and me and my friends play quite technical stuff. I also own a Martin DR.rosewood wich also has a pretty nice sound, and a Yamaha F180 wich ia an amazing acoustic guitar, even thgough it's like 35 years old. If this guitar was stolen I would definately buy it again, the only thing is I would get the FR version with the Whammy bar. What I really love about this gutiar is jsut how it plays, it has pretty decent sized fretts and I can play comfortably wherever. The action is nice and low so you don't have to put a lot of pressure on the strings, and that makes it easier for sweetp picking and just moving your hands fast. There is seriously nothing I hate about this guitar, it plays and sounds amazing. One day I had it at school my math teacher(Who plays guitar) asked to see it and never put it down all day apparently, he completely ignored everyone, and kept saying "it's a beautiful guitar" to me haha, twas interesting. I did not compare this with other guitars before buying, because this is the first guitar that "I" bought, but after playing other guitars at shops and my friends guitars I'd say I haven't found a guitar as good as it for the music I play. That's all I can say, it's an amazing guitar, no matter what you wanna play this will do the trick. I'd deffinately recommend you trying it out. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: vox2414, on january 14, 2008

Sound: I play a lot of classic rock, rock, some metal. And this guitar is perfect for what I play. I use a Vox 30 watt amp with a monster cable. And they go great together! This guitar is anything but noisy. I get almost no feed back at all. Any settings turn out amazing! Rich harmonics, and great full chord progressions. Bright and clean cleans. Crunchy distortion at your hands.You can play any metal you want with this beast. And any clean song you could desire! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar everything was to my surprise perfect. This is one of my best guitars and wont put a hole in your pockets. The action is so great you can't describe it! I love it. Great for chords and solo's. The pickups same story for them. Idk what the pickups are but all I have to say is "wow". They are some serious picks loaded up in this baby. No flaws that I saw anywhere and mine was used. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is perfectly capable of playing live. No doubt in my mind! it's got some top notch hardware, strings through body for great sustain! Usually strap buttons arnt solid. Yet, still on this one they wont budge! I'd say with you could depend on this guitar with out a back up easy. I trust it that much. The finish is surprisingly really thick. No joke here. // 9

Overall Impression: Only thing I'd say is this is a really heavy guitar. But it hasn't really bothered me at all not even sitting down. and not standing up. Overall you want a great guitar then this is for you. It's super tweak able for anything. Overall impression amazed! Compared to other guitars out there for the prise you seriously can not beat this or go wrong with it. I'm simply honstly blown away! // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 12, 2009

Price paid: C$ 200

Purchased from: eBay

Features: This was my second guitar that I bought to upgrade from my Strat copy. I believe it was made in 2004, and from korea. It's a solid basswood body, 24 fret rosewood neck with Dot inlays, tune o matic bridge with string thru body, stock Schecter Diamond pickups, Diamond tuners, 1 vol, 1 tone, and a 3 way Switch. This guitar is equipped with Standard equipment, and was more or less made for the beginner or intermediate guitarist. It has potential to be better, it just requires certain upgrades, such as the pickups. // 7

Sound: My style ranges from Lamb Of God & Metallica to led zeppelin & Hendrix. My amps include a Line 6 spider II (eww wtf lol), and a Boss GT-6, but I use my pa system more of the time. This guitar is versitile to play both ranges pretty nicely. Again, I said the pickups could be replaced, but the pickups already in place sound decent enough. The bridge pickup brings the crunch I look for in my playing and also they are hot enough to bring out my pinch harmonics. The neck pickups suit blues tones and give a thick, warm clean. Better than I expected from stock. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar sells for like 400 I think and I managed to get this one off ebay for 200. I got it Brand New, except there was a very tiny blemish that the guitar store found unacceptable, lucky me:). The gloss black finish is what I got, and honestly I can't stand it. It's sexy definatly, but with dust build up on occasion, it attracts fingerprints like a magnet. but the chrome knobs, bridge and tuners on the black body look awesome. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've dropped this guitar once, and it bounced without a scratch lol. The black finish leaves scratches and dents visible in certain lighting so beware of that. I've used it Live all the time with no backup and I can safely say I can depend on it without a worry. Yeah maybe I'd have a backup, but for now, I'm cool. A little complaint I do have is the strap buttons, they're too big for the strap locks I have that I used to put on my old guitar, but the buttons are big enough to keep your strap from falling off and hitting the floor. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, beginner/intermediate guitarists should give this guitar a try. I also should mention that those with experience with tones, change the pickups to further enhance your overall tone, but stock still will do the job. Glad I bought this guitar, best thing thing I've ever bought and will keep me playing for many many many years! // 7

Omen-6 Reviewed by: randomhero93, on january 13, 2009

Features: This is a 2008 model that was made in China. There are 24 Jumbo frets on a 25 1/2 scale. The neck is a bolt-on. It's a solid top guitar made of basswood for the body, a maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard. I got my guitar in the Walnut Satin finish and it is a VERY deep red, which absolutely adore. The body is Strat-style but with deeper cut-aways for the high frets. The bridge is a Tune-o-matic string-thru. The pickups are passive with just the bridge and neck. They are Schecter Diamond pickups that actually sound really well. It's got one volume knob and one tone knob, and a three-way Switch.The tuners are basic, non-locking Schecter Diamond tuners, but they're really good. My guitar came with a case, and a strap. // 8

Sound: This guitar greatly suits my music style because I can easily find the tone I need for a part with out any hassle. I play a lot of different types of music between punk, alternative, hard rock, and metal, and this guitar can cover it all. It even gives a very full and rich clean tone when I need it as I tend to Switch my distortion pedal off a lot for some songs. I'm using a Vox Ac30vt and my only pedal is my Boss MT-2 metal zone pedal. This guitar will get very noisy if you want it to, but other than that, no, it is actually very quiet on both clean and distortion and on either pickup. The cleans are CLEAN! You probably couldn't get a richer/fuller sound out of a lot of other guitars. They higher notes are also very bright and precise. The sounds you can make with this guitar is really whatever sound you want to make with it. You just can't do dive bombs since of the lack of a tremelo. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up was almost perfect when I got it, the only problem was that it had a little bit of fret buzz, but it was a Brand New guitar and had to be played in. I also swapped the stock strings for a lighter gauge. It came with 10's, I threw on 9's. As soon as I switched the strings, there was no buzz. The action was absolutely just where I wanted it to be, not too high, but not too low, just perfect. The bridge pickup was set up a little too high and the neck pickup a little too low, but that was IT! But that problem was minor, so I don't even count it. This guitar came with no flaws what'soever, elitrical nor cosmetical. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will last me a really long time. I've already gigged with it twice and the hardware and strap buttons are completely solid! I don't even need strap locks for it, only because the strap I bought before the guitar was a Rock Steady strap that removes the need for strap locks. I giiged with it twice as my main guitar, but I bing back-ups because of different tunings I use. If I was only using the one tuning, I'd bring that guitar with no back-up. The finish is strong but like any other finish, it will wear away, I'm just not too sure how long that will be with this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of fast punk, calm alternative, hard rock and metal and this guitar covers it all. I've been playing for about a year now and I also use a Fender Strat and my friend's Ibanez RG a lot and I choose tthis guitar over both of them. The only thing I wish this guitar had were coil taps. If this guitar were stolen, I'd definately buy it again, but I'd make sure the thief wouldn't be able to have children. I love everything about it and I hate nothing about it. Get this guitar, plain and simple! // 9

Omen-6 Reviewed by: Knutmack4, on march 25, 2009

Purchased from: Guitar77

Features: The Schecter Omen 6 Extreme (I don't think it's sold in US) has 24 jumbo frets, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. The body is basswood. It has a bolt on neck and It has the Tune-O-Matic bridge and string thru body. 1 volume, 1 tone (which has a tap feature I think) and a three way switch. Two Schecter Diamond Humbucker pickups are included. Non-locking tuners and when I bought it, they included a gigbag, wire, a Washburn Amp and a strap. The tuning stays for quite awhile. However there's no pickguard so since I'm a beginner I made a scratch or two already. // 9

Sound: I wouldn't know much about it as while I'm at home I'm using a mini (literally) Washburn Amp. I play different kinds of music from Fall Out Boy to Avenged Sevenfold and so far it sounds great for both genres. However, I did use a Laney Amp a few times and it sounds great on it. The Neck pickup is really good for clean solos while the body pickup is not too high pitched and when playing powerchords it does well. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The Guitar was well made even though it was made in china. However, when I bought it, it was the last of it's batch and almost everything was rusty from oxidization. The guy told me that it had been lying around the shop for about 4 months already. The Neck is still a little off up to today and the neck pickup is in an odd position. Besides that, the guitar still sounds alright. Sadly, I noticed a little bump near the 3-way Switch only after I bought it. I think it was due to the fact that it had spent 4 months in the shop and now I try not to scratch it in any way. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've only played once Live and I didn't have much problems. The only problem that bugged me was that it's much heavier than the Les Paul that I used to have. While practicing however, it would be just fine. The Tuners and hardware tend to get rusty after awhile and that would tend to get a bit irritating. If I were to play another gig Live, I would use it unless I have another guitar. But this guitar would be, if not my first, my number 1 backup guitar as it looks and feels like it can take a lot of punishment. The finish looks like it'll last quite awhile. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a wide range of music from poprock to post-hardcore and so far nobody has complained about the sound. I have been playing for about a year and three months and I have previously owned a J&D Les Paul. Among those two I would definately choose this as it looks expensive and it sounds great. There is one thing I wished I asked before buying this product and that would be whether the dealer could get the same model in another colour, because the current colour (Orange) tends to look quite eccentric at times. If it were stolen or lost, I would move on to a higher price range guitar from Schecter. Most likely the Blackjack or C-1 or Hellraiser. The thing I love about this guitar would be that it can take a lot of torture. I have dropped it once and nothing major came up. It even still sounds the same. I have banged this guitar against my friend's Fender Precision Bass and only his got a scratch while mine was still the same. My favourite feature about this guitar would be it's humbuckers. Even though it's not much it still does wonders to my playing sometimes. the only thing I wished it had would be a lighter body. The weight gets unbearable sometimes. // 9

Omen-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 19, 2010

Purchased from: adirondackguitar.com

Features: I am not sure what year it was made. I am assuming it was '09 or'10. It has 24 X jumbo frets> If you want all the specs go to Schecter website and check them out. I bought it online at Adirondack Guitar because I am left handed and they have the largest selection of Schecters and they are decently priced. I got my Omen 6 for 20 dollars less than the big online stores. // 8

Sound: This guitar was definitely made for metal. I am using A Peavey Vypyr 30w and it sounds really good. The stock pick ups surprised for sure. I like the metal and clean sounds from this guitar, No hissing or humming that I have heard yet. I can get really nice cleans and very aggressive distortion from it. I like it alot // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar from a mom and pop shop for 20 dollars less than the big online stores. It came set up perfect out of the box. I have no concerns with set up. There are no flaws in the finish. Very nice out of the box. I haven't had it set up yet but I will. This guitar also came with a Graph Tech nut. I love Schecter quality and will definitely buy another one. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have had this guitar for almost six months and it seems very durable. I play for approx two to three hours a day and it has held up well. I would definitely gig with it. I might use a back up just for something different. Very nice finish and durable hardware. No complaints here. // 8

Overall Impression: I play and listen to metal and that is why I bought this guitar. Plus I am a beginner on a budget. This guitar is perfect for a beginner and will last a long time if you take care of it. I might and I mean might change the pups, but I am in no rush. I love the weight and the overall tone. I have a Les Paul that weighs like ten pounds and this is a welcome change. I played a Fender Strat an Ibanez RG and an ESP and for the price and quality I chose Schecter. If you are starting out and don't wanna break the bank, the Omen 6 is for you. // 9

Omen-6 Reviewed by: kaizerkhan13, on september 02, 2010

Features: Let me start by saying I won this guitar from Facedown Records in a preorder contest; so its a little out of my preferences, but I'm coming around to it very quick. Anyway: it was made in Indonesia in 2008 I believe. It has 24 frets mounted on a rosewood fingerboard. Its a solid-body with an arched top in a superstrat shape. It has a glossy finish, and I won the White finish. Its a tune-o-matic type bridge with two humbucking passive stock pickups, with a volume and a tone knob with a three way selector switch. Basically what you'd expect from a >$300 guitar. // 8

Sound: The sound of it definitely surprised me. As a metalhead by heart, I appreciate a ton of bottom end clarity when distorted. It has enough low end without sounding foggy or muddy; the mids Shine through better than the stock pickups in my Ibanez or ESP guitar, and the highs are extremely clear. For stock pickups on a guyitar this price, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm playing through a Boss MT-2 and a Randall RH120. Even tuned down to drop C, no note is muddy or hard to distinguish. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was fine right out of the box, and set just how I like it. (for a free guitar, I did pretty well lol.) I may raise the bridge p/u a smidge, but other than that no problems. The finish was clear and clean, and there were no flaws that I could find. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can't find a reason to think this guitar won't last me awhile. I already depend on it; its been bumped against a cabinet corner, and I've seen no sign of any kind of dent or scratch. The strap buttons are real solid, more so than my Fender was when I got it. As usual, never gig w/o a backup...but I feel good about this guitar, since it is my only non-trem and its a little more dependable when it comes to staying in tune. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said, I play metal mostly, with a little bit of prog, rock, and jazz thrown in. I would have bought this guitar or maybe saved for the Blackjack ATK.I have been playing for about 5 years now, and I own an Ibanez RG350M, an ESP/LTD MH-103, a Fender Strat and an ESP/LTD F-104 bass; everything (but the bass) plays through the aforementioned MT-2/Randall combo. I love the non-trem bridge and the paddle headstock; my collection is skewed towards dive bombs and pointy edges. I wish it had a maple fretboard, but since the guitar was free, whos complaining? I didn't get the chance to compare it, but after this I will definitely be in the market for a higher-end Schecter. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 15, 2010

Price paid: A$ 350

Purchased from: Stothers music

Features: My Omen was made in Korea in I'm not sure what year, as I bought second hand. It does have the Gibson style bridge though, which are no longer used by Schecter, so it is at least 5 years old I think. Mine is the black finish, which scratches easily, but I like that, it gives it character. It came with the two dual humbuckers, which were all right for a while, but they are easily modded. Very very good for a base model guitar. Kills Fender and Epiphone. // 7

Sound: I use my Omen for whenever I want to play heavier music. I swithched out the bridge pickup for a green bareknuckle nailbomb and it sounds awesome. I play through a Peavy thirty One twenty head and a pretty basic Marshal cab. The distortion sounds great, brisge position rocks. I'm not a fan of the neck pickup, but I have my Strat for that, it gets those tones the Schecter lacks. Great for metal, but it is advised to upgrade the pickups if you are a serious player. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up brilliantly. I adjust stuff every now and then for personal preference but everyone would do that. I liked the black finish, which has been severely damaged on my guitar but it looks like a mean mofo now, with massive chips of paint and the volume knob missing. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It withstands live playing. I've thrown it into everything you could ever throw it into on a stage and it is perfect, apart from shedding a fair amount of paint and losing the volume knob, but that's my fault I guess. I would never throw my beautiful Strat or Les Paul around because I would be afraid they'd break, but this thing is like the bull in the china store, nothing stands in its way. I had to fill the strap holder holes with gap filler to stop them falling out and it fixed that problem easily lol. // 8

Overall Impression: If this was stolen I would buy a new one, a new nailbomb, and cerimoniously beat the shit out of it at the end of every gig I play. I have been playing for a long time and it is a great guitar for beginners, and with small mods (like a new pickup)it is awesome for performing hard rock/metal songs live as it holds up well. Just fix the strap things by either my DIY method(AKA lots of builders bog) or get the locking strap duvalakies. Buy one they great. I would use it all gig if it weren't for the versatility that I require. A decent guitar. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: splamron, on september 21, 2010

Price paid: A$ 350

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

Features: My Omen 6 was made in 2009, in Indonesia. It's your Standard 24 rosewood fretted, maple necked basswood guitar. It's black finish on the super-strat shaped body is really solid, and the tunematic bridge is really easy to use. I'm not doing this review after just buying it, I've had this guitar for pretty much a year, and it still feels just as good as the day I bought it, which for a relatively cheap guitar compared to most out there is probably the most important thing, and gives it definite value for money. // 9

Sound: You can get a wide variety of tones out of this guitar. Distortion on the bridge pick-up is really heavy, and palm mutes sound really chunky. Really awesome compared to guitars in a similar price range, which is what initially sold me, but is still as good as the day I bought it. With high gain, you could go from Metallica to Necrophagist, so sweat. The front pick up is surprisingly smooth and provides some awesome lead tones. Clean, the front pick up still sounds really smooth, even for stuff like Eric Johnson. Sound wise this is a really versatile guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it the guitar was set up really well. Low action, no fret buzz, it just felt like it was done really professionally. Pick-ups were at a nice median, and have stayed that way for a year. I have taken care of the finish, but it still, once again, is almost as good as the day I bought it. Just a clean every so often will keep it fine. The pick-ups have just began to slightly rust, but that's expected seeing the amount of time that I've had it, and is a problem that is really easily fixed. Really good quality for a 'low' end guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: You could definitely play with this guitar live, I have (not for a concert, but for a few school performances) and it has been fine. The hardware has lasted, and definitely feels like it has got longevity. I've not had a problem with the strap buttons. Like anything, a little bit of care with this guitar will help you get the most out of it, and for the price you definitely get a lot out of it. // 8

Overall Impression: I'm generally a metal guitarist with not a huge budget but this guitar is great. I have a decent high gain amp and the Omen 6 compliments it nicely, for a wide array of genres. I love that its so basic but just feels and sounds so nice, and I'd highly recommend it over Ibanezs, Jacksons, Epiphones etc in the price range. If your looking, definitely give the Omen 6 a try, after year it is still as good as the day I bought it, and for a guitar of that price, that quality is probably the most important thing. // 9

Omen-6 Reviewed by: DJ_Effrey, on march 15, 2011

Price paid: A$ 250

Purchased from: Music City

Features: It's got 24X Jumbo frets, a basswood body with a maple neck and a nice rosewood fingerb board. There a two Schecter Diamond Plus Humbuckers with a three-way switch, one volume and one tone control. The tuners are made by Schecter with a 15:1 gear ratio, and the Bridge is a tune-o-matic style with a thru-body tailpeice. My one has the electric blue finish. A good, solid setup, with nothing too fancy or spectacular. // 8

Sound: I run this through my Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp and play metal music (mainly Metallica and Megadeth, with a little bit of Disturbed) and it suits it pretty well. There isn't much fuzz to be heard, unless the amp is turned up really high. The Bridge pickup has a nice crunch to it, although it is pretty one-dimensional. If this was my only guitar, I'd probably change the pickups, as I really don't like the neck pickup which is very, very bassy. Also, the tone and volume knobs might as well be switches as they have very little variety; the volume is either on or off, and the tone offers very little in terms of variety. Having said that, it's pretty solid if you're at a beginer/intermediate stage (which I was when I bought this). // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: There was nothing wrong with the set-up; I took the guitar home and started playing it straight away. I've tinkered with the pickups a little to try and get a better sound out of them, but it doesn't make much difference. The Bridge was set up nicely, although I did raise the action slightly. All in all, there was nothing wrong with the set-up. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar seems as if it could be thrown of a skyscraper and live to play another gig. The body is very solid, and the tuners are pretty reliable, although my low-E tuner has been getting slightly loose recently, probably due to me constantly changing between Standard and drop-D tuning. I would be pretty hesitant to use anything without a backup, but only because I have a tendancy to snap my strings too often. If I found some unbreakable strings, I wouldn't worry about a backup. One real bonus of this guitar is that it hardly ever goes out of tune; it's certainly a reliable instrument. // 9

Overall Impression: For a beginer who's interested in playing metal, I'd suggest this guitar. There's very little to fuss about, although it does get a lot of dust in the pickups and under the strings. It has a decent amount of sustain, so it can handle clean tones, although it's definately better for metal. If you're a bit more experienced, and use this as your main guitar, I'd recommend investing in some new pickups, especially in the neck position. I'm probably going to stop playing with this as much, as I've nearly finished building my own guitar, but I would probably buy it again if it was stolen, just as a very reliable, solid backup. It's a good quality, value-for-money guitar, that wouldn't let you down. The only thing that it lacks is good quality pickups; as I said, they're a little one-dimensional, however, you don't really worry too much about that until you start getting into more advanced playing. // 8

Omen-6 Reviewed by: peacefuldude, on january 12, 2012

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar

Features: The guitar was made in china (it says on the back of the headstock) although I don't know when it was made. It has a maple neck with a 25.5" scale with 24 jumbo frets and a rosewood fingerboard. It has a basswood body and 2 Schecter Diamond Plus humbuckers and a tune-o-matic, string through body bridge. It also has Schecter tuners and one tone and one volume and a three way pickups selector. // 8

Sound: I play mostly metal and rock and the guitar fits these perfectly. It is very clear clean and you can hear each string at the same volume as the others when playing meaning it is good for chords. With distortion it has a real beefy sound without being muddy and always clear and precise. It is very full sounding compared to other guitars I have tried in the same price range. The bridge 'bucker is great for lead and is really precise. The bridge humbucker is also really good as isn't muddy at all. The guitar can make a great variety of sounds and is suited to many playing styles but especially metal and rock. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well in the factory and the strings I got with it were good quality. The pickups were the perfect height for me and the pickup selector felt really sturdy. There is a slight fret buzz if tuned to drop tunings but I don't really mind as this doesn't show through on an amp. The guitar really does pick up fingerprints easily however although I guess this is just the black finish. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The strap buttons on this guitar are SOLID and even my very cheap strap in place nicely. I bumped this guitar a couple of times and not so much as a scratch seems to have appeared on it's surface. It feels really well built and as if I could throw it around at gigs without a worry. It stays in tune well and the hardware seems built to last. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this guitar is a really good match for my style of music and will serve me well in the future. It is 100% better than my previous guitar which has supplemented me in the last 5 years. When I went to the guitar shop I also tried out three Ibanez guitars and thought they sounded too thin and felt weak. This guitar felt 200 times better. If it was stolen or lost I would definately buy this guitar again or the extreme version of this. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: bluesrocker137, on july 13, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar Center Harrisburg, PA

Features: I'm fairly sure my guitar is a 2008 model, I got it used from the Guitar Center in Harrisburg, PA. This guitar has 24 frets and a 25 1/2 inch scale, which is perfect for drop tunings, or just someone with big hands. Rosewood fret board, and a nice satin walnut finish. The body style is obviously that of a Super-Strat, but the carved top (like that of a Les Paul or SG) made it really stand out to me. There's a very simple tune-o-matic bridge on the guitar; 6 string saddles and then the strings go right through the body. You have 2 humbucker pickups and a volume and tone control, with the usual 3 way selector switch. This guitar is bare bones. No fancy stuff here, it just means business. For someone on a budget, that means a perfect guitar. // 8

Sound: Most people see Schecter and assume this thing is pure metal. Don't get me wrong, I occasionally throw it down to drop C or drop C# and have some fun, but for me this guitar is pure blues. I use it with a Marshall Class 5, and usually a Boss ME-70 multi-effects pedal for convenience. This guitar barely buzzes at all, it might START to buzz on the setting I use for the heaviest of my music (Breaking Benjamin, Godsmack, etc.), but on blues and rock settings it's all but silent. That is, until the playing starts. The pickups are this guitar are some of the hottest I've seen. These things ROAR. The sound quality is pretty good as well. You could swap them out and maybe get a bit fuller of a sound from a more expensive pickup, but for my purposes it suits very well. To get the best possible sound, I'd suggest rolling off the tone knob to about 7. For playing live, I use this, a bit rolled off on the volume, and the middle setting on the selector switch. This gives a perfect mix between the cutting tones of the bridge pickup and the muddiness of the neck pickup. This is perfect for rock or blues. For metal, the bridge pickup is amazing. For jazz or clean sounds, you wont find anything better than the neck pickup on this guitar for the price range. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I really can't say how this guitar is set up from the factory, as I purchased it used. What I can say is that this guitar has the POTENTIAL to be the best feeling guitar you've ever owned. Nice thin neck, and the smoothest feeling on any guitar I've ever played. This thing is fast. I actually prefer the feeling of this guitar over that of the top Gibson and Fenders on the marker today. I personally have it set up for drop C# tuning, and play it a half step down, I just prefer the low E to be super high for the occasional time I do drop down. That being said this guitar can handle anything from drop Bb to standard. Anything below drop C becomes uncomfortable, but if you're playing that low, just get a Baritone guitar! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will go to hell and back and still sound the same. It withstands playing live at least once a week. The hardware is solid, and the only problem I've found is the previous owner really screwed up the top strap button. I removed it, filled the hole, then re-drilled and replaced it. It withstands whatever I can throw at it. One complaint I do have is that the finish can get a bit shiny from the oil on your hands, however if you take some fine steel wool over it, everything is fixed. Some things could be better, but the parts that make it work (tuners, pickups, electronics) are rock solid. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar can do it all. Blues, rock, metal, even jazz. I also own a Epiphone Dot, and I prefer this guitar by far. I would even take it time and time again over my buddy's Les Paul that I occasionally play on. I love everything about this guitar. The look, the sound, and most of all the feel. The neck is just perfect. I'm soon building a guitar, and I'm buying another one of these used just so I can steal the neck for my own guitar. That's how good it is. If it were stolen, I would track down whoever took it and take it right back. This guitar is my baby, it's not going anywhere. The only thing I wish it had is coil tapping, like most of Schecter's more expensive guitars. That being said, you get what you pay for. For the price of this little gem, you cannot go wrong. // 10

Omen-6 Reviewed by: Filipe.mota89, on october 05, 2012

Price paid: € 270

Purchased from: Music Shop, Portugal

Features: - Construction: Bolt-On - Body: Basswood - Neck: Maple - Finger Board: Rosewood - Frets: 24X Jumbo - Inlay: Pearloid "Semi-Goth" - Bindings: Ivory (BLK) or Black (WHT, WSN) - Tuners: Schecter - Pickups: Schecter Diamond Plus (Omen) - Electronics: Vol/Tone/3-way switch - Bridge: TOM w/Thru-Body - Scale: 25.5" - Hardware: Black Chrome - Color: Black (BLK) // 10

Sound: Well, let's start with the gear that I use which are a Line 6 Spider III Amplifier and a Boss ME-20 Multi-effects Pedal. I have an Ibanez GRG270B BLK and the pedal was configured to play with Ibanez, the only thing I had to do was changing the saturation of the song which was too intense for the guitar. Means that the pickups are great. The sound is very metal! I mean literally. I usually play Dream Theater, Megadeth, Metallica and Symphony X and let me say that this guitar is very flexible. When I picked up the guitar and played the song "On The Backs Of Angels" and I found out that the sound is very similar. The variety is amazing, I've also played Pink Floyd's "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" and the sound was brutal. I couldn't believe. The notes are very clear even with overdrive on it and the clean sound is really smooth and perfect for single note type of riffs... If you play Progressive Metal or Metal, or even Dark Metal this is a guitar that you can add to your list of accessible guitars! It doesn't sound like a guitar for beginners at all, but, judge from yourselves, try it in a store and you'll see. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well in terms of set-up, there's not much to say. It's a simple guitar, therefor, its very easy to change strings and give a real fast set-up. The wood is very cool, it definitely seems like a Mahogany Body, judging by the durability of the notes. The pick-ups are very cool, it has a crunchy sound on the bridge pickups, perfect for rhythms, and the middle position which includes the connection of the bridge and the neck pickups is perfect for clean sounds, and the neck pickup are perfect for solos and arpeggios... The Pick Selector is very, very cool, it ain't noisy at all, in fact I didn't notice the sound of the pick selector running all positions fast. If you can update this guitar by putting the DiMarzio Crunch Lab and the Liquifier you will found yourselves with a copy of Music Man Earnie Ball JP6. But before you update the guitar enjoy the pickups from Schecter. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'm sure that like I said before, with an update on the pickups this guitar would be awesome to play anytime, anywhere. Like any other guitar you'll just have to clean it up and keep it safe in a case or so and prevent weather changes. That's pretty much it. // 10

Overall Impression: Well, unlike some said in here, I totally disagree of this being a guitar for beginners it ain't fair for this magnificent instrument. The least you can classify this guitar is for a intermediate player. The neck is really cool and smooth makes soloing very easy and accurate, the pickups are perfect for metal, I'm not saying that are not perfect for other music styles but I play metal, so... The conclusion that I get from this guitar is this: if you like to hear a clean sound out of the guitar and a sustained sound, this guitar for the price paid is very good, or ideal. I love the design of the guitar, the line around the body is really touchy and the head is really cool. As I said, I play Dream Theater and Megadeth and Metallica, so if you purchase a guitar like this you would emulate any of their guitars depending of what kinda effects and amps you use of course... I compare this to my Ibanez and the only thing that I get is that this guitar is much more cleaner than Ibanez, and the floyd (for me it ain't much of a must-have) may make a difference for the ones who love the Floyd Rose. Otherwise, comparing to my Ibanez GRG270B, the Schecter Omen-6 is way better that Ibanez. Although, with an update on the pickups by choosing the Crunch Lab and the Liquifier from DiMarzio, you'll get yourselves a top/must-have guitar... Resuming the prices 270 the guitar; 160 Crunch Lab and Liquifier from DiMarzio and you'll have a Top Guitar comparing to other guitars like ESP's Signature Models or Ibanez Siganture Models, or whatever. Overall, great Guitar, great Price! // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ C-1 Blackjack ATX FR 9.2 Electric Guitars 11/05/2014