Omen 6 Left Handed Review

Schecter: Omen 6 Left Handed
review (1) pictures (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Omen 6 Left Handed Reviewed by: wbjackson517, on december 08, 2011

Purchased from: Adirondack guitars

Features: I believe it was made in 2009. It says on the back of the neck that it was crafted in China. It has 24 Xtra jumbo frets, two Schecter humbuckers and Schecter tuners. The body is made out of basswood with a bolt-on maple neck and rosewood fretboard. It has a 3 way selector switch and gloss black finish. It also has a TOM bridge and is string thru. // 8

Sound: I would like to think I play metal, I am a beginner so I am playing a bit of everything. Actually I do play a lot of metal. Anyways I use a Peavey Vypyr 30w mostly on the high gain amp settings. I like the tone of the stock pickups bit the clarity leaves a lot to be desired. They aren't the worst in the world but they sure could use a little more bite. I do like the clean tones they can be very warm. But when you add distortion they take some tweaking to get that heavy brutal tone. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar from adirondackguitars.com because they were less expensive than MF or GC. When I received it the action and pickups were set perfectly. I don't know if all Schecters are set up awesomely or if it was from the store I got OT from, but I didn't have to adjust anything. Also my Omen came with D'Addario 10's. The finish is flawless but is Gloss Black. What a pain in the butt to keep clean! Everything on this guitar is durable. The tuning pegs are Schecter but it stays in tune rather well. The strap locks are sturdy as well. The jack for the amp is very sturdy as well. I had an Ibanez and the input jack kept coming apart, but the I haven't had any problems with any of the hardware including the pickup selector. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have had this over a year now and I absolutely believe it can withstand live playing but you would need better pickups. All the hardware is very durable and does not feel cheap. The finish is glossy and has not shown any wear. But I constantly have to clean and polish it. As I previously stated the strap buttons are very solid and feel good so no problems there. I have played this guitar a lot and the finish still looks good. // 9

Overall Impression: I am a metal head and this guitar is pretty much built for that. I am a beginner and I have had a few guitars. I had an Ibanex GRX20 and a Fender Mexican Strata and I like this guitar better than both of those. I like the neck and the body. I like how OT fits on my lap. I probably would have bought the Damien 6 or the Damien Elite if I had to do it all over again. But I tell ya, for the price this little Omen does rock and for the price everything feels good. Nothing cheap feeling at all. The biggest let down are the pickups and again they are completely horrid they are just stock pickups on an inexpensive guitar and everyone knows most of the time they need to be upgraded. That is the Omen's only flaw, oh yeah I do wish it had a set neck for a little more sustain. But upgraded pickups and neck would probably push the price up over five hundred. All in all its worth every penny. If you are left handed and want a huge variety of Schecter guitars go and excellent service go to WWW.adirondackguitars.com. He has the most selection and best prices. I do love this guitar and if it were stolen I would probably upgrade to the Damien 6 or the Elite. But as a beginner ons budget I have very minimal complaints with the Omen 6. It is entry level but I have not grown tired of it . Schecter makes awesome guitars and a lot of lefties. // 8

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Omen-6 8.5 Electric Guitars 12/22/2014