PT Elite Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 11/14/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: PT Elite
It has maple quilt top finish, with a mahogany body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 2 Duncan designed humbucking pickups.
 8.5
 7.9
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
PT Elite Reviewed by: dhelgason1, on november 14, 2005

Purchased from: encore music

Features: This model was made in Korea, has a beautiful maple quilt top finish, with a mahogany body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, 2 Duncan designed humbucking pickups that can be tapped to singe coil, volume, tone and 3-way Switch, grover tuners and my dealer through in a gig bag. // 9

Sound: The sound range is almost endless from Les Paul to Tele, I use this with a Kustom TR12 practice amp and a Boss ME-50 multi effects. I have a 73 Les Paul Custom but I use this more as I love playing this guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Fast neck, and set up well when purchased, the only complaint I have is this guitar doesn't like to be used with a capo, I use a shube capo but this guitar goes out just a little so I use my Paul or my Peavey for this, but for blues or rock this is great to play, nice fast neck great sound and great looks-a triple threat! // 8

Reliability & Durability: As I dont play gigs anymore this guitar wont be out very often so I am not in a position to say much on this but after 3 years I have had no problems! // 10

Overall Impression: I play all styles of music from rock to jazz and I would have to say that if I ever started to gig again this would be the guitar I would use. I have been playing for 40 years now have owned and do own lots of different makes and models of guitars and would not hesitate to buy this again. I at the moment own a 73 Las Paul Custom, Peavey JF-1, Fender Jazz bass, Martin D35, Alvarez classical and an old Yamaki Folk Deluxe. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Damien Elite-6 7.6 Electric Guitars 12/08/2014