Revenger Review

review (1) pictures (1) 29 comments vote for this gear:
Revenger Reviewed by: guitarscreams, on february 15, 2010

Price paid: C$ 550

Purchased from: Bobby Lalonde music

Features: I've had this guitar for 2 years now and it is great I play anything from classic rock to heavy metal. It has 24 XJ frets. It has a sweet solid top and its cool because its not just flat. The body is pure mahogany and I think the neck is maple. Its black but I'm not sure what kind it is. The body what can I say LOOK AT IT how can you stay away from this, its an Avenger body. This bridge is just a standard bridge nothing special. I have active pickups. It has 1 tone, 1 volume and a 3 way selector. The guitar has 2 duncan designed pickups, but personnally I'd put EMG's on it but, yet again that's my opinion. It has grover tuners, I don't know whats the difference between any tuners so I can't say if their good or not, and if its because they stay in tune alot then yes they stay in tune very well. This is kinda stupid because this guitar dosent go in any bag you need a case made for it, it dosent come with it you gotta go buy it. // 9

Sound: I use a Boss MT-2 metal zone pedal(its a great pedal I recomend all of you buy it) and I can play anything with any setting of distortion. There is no noise Seymour Duncan is very trustable with anything it makes no noise or anything. This guitar can do anything you want it to do. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This was my second guitar and I'm sure all of my guitars will be Schecter's because this guitar can take a beating and still look new I've accidently hit it a lot of times everywhere possible body, fretboard, neck even on the pickups. One thing I'm not impresseed with is the pickups, they were very poorly adjusted, its not that bad because you can place'em yourself but come on, you want it the best it can be when you get it. Everything else was perfect. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar wouls withstand anything from endless touring and touring once a moneth anything goes with this baby. The hardware on this guitar very high quality(what do you expect from Schecter). The strap buttons look fine I wouldn't worry too much about'em. You can depend on this guitar for anything but I would always bring a backup just in case. The finish looks fine I don't think it would wear out anytime soon. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal and it completely satifies my needs. I've been playing guitar for 3 years and I have a squir mini from when I started playing and a judas preist acoustic guitar. I wish I had asked if this guitar came with a Floyd Rose or any tremelo bar because I'm so mad at myself for that. I would defenetly buy it again BUT! With a Floyd Rose. I love eveything about this guitar exept that it has a bolt on neck that's the only downside. I wanted to buy a Schecter Synyster Custom white but this guy told me this guitar had better sound and its half price, I don't know if that was true but I'm fine with 500$ more in my pockets. I wish it had a Floyd Rose(you can get one with it) and a set neck or neck thru. // 8

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Raiden Special-4 9 Bass Guitars 05/19/2014