S-1 Blackjack Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 03/24/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: S-1 Blackjack
It's armed with the extremely versatile Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) and 59 (SH-1n) pickup combination, which can be tapped via a push/pull tone control or a 5-way Mega Switch.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
S-1 Blackjack Reviewed by: HopePoisoned, on march 24, 2005

Features: A 2004 Schecter Blackjack assembled in the USA, 22 jumbo frets, solid mahogany S class style w/a beautiful black finish with a nice binding and Tune-O-Matic bridge, passive electronics, Seymour Duncan JB (bridge) and 59' (neck), output/level for each pickup and tone (with a pushpull coil taps on the tone control), grover non-locking, and she's completely beautiful. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of different music from classic rock to metal to speed and thrash metal to blues, jazz, and swing and I must say this guitar is so unbelievably beautiful. I'm running it through a crat XT65R (and I hate the amp) and (without counting the amp) she sounds beautiful - I can conquer any sound and with the coil taps, unending possibilities. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is completely beautiful, the playability is superb and the feel is wonderful, beautiful paint job and lovely appearing bindings while remaining tough and durable. The pickups were adjusted very well and everything was very proper. I love this axe. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Very reliable and very durable, perfect for a gig, you can drop it and not see a scratch. The hardware is high-quality and it comes with a straplock (no more falling guitars). I would depend on this guitar, but without a backup? I mean, what if a string broke? The finish on this axe is wonderful and simply delightful. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar to death and it can play anything I want it to, I've been playing long enough and I'm a very tough credic, but I love Schecter and anything that comes from them is very nice. If this guitar were stolen, I might buy it again: either get a Tempest Blackjack (I like the body more), C Blackjack (like the body more), C-1 Classic (new pickups and she'd be beauful, but she is 150 more dollars). I compared this guitar to, well, almost everything on the wall, I wish this guitar came in other finishes though. // 10

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ C-1 Blackjack ATX FR 9.2 Electric Guitars 11/05/2014