Scorpion Tribal Review

manufacturer: Schecter date: 01/22/2004 category: Electric Guitars
Schecter: Scorpion Tribal
Astounding tribal fretboard inlays, black hardware, and full body and neck bindings on the space-black finish. 26-1/4" extended scale, dual graphite neck reinforcement rods, and B/E/A/D/F#/B tuning. Set maple neck in a solid mahogany body with dual Duncan Designed humbuckers.
 8.4
 8.8
 7.9
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Scorpion Tribal Reviewed by: hypnotic, on january 22, 2004

Features: This particular Schecter Scorpion Tribal guitar was made in 2003, bought new. It has a 26-1/4" extended scale. with fretboard inlays that are pretty kick ass. It's tuned B/E/A/D/F#/B. so it has a real low sound, but I found that tuning it is a challenge (I tune by ear most of the time), but string changes are a breeze. All hardware and body is black. It has a full-body with a space-black finish. It has dual Duncan Designed humbuckers and TonePros system that locks the bridge to the mounting posts. It has a solid mahogany body with set maple neck with an arched top. It didnt include any acceccories, it just came with standerd hook-up cable. It's overall a great guitar with awesome looks. // 8

Sound: I play mostly metal, rock and classic rock music. It's perfect guitar for it. It's kind of noisy, but that's my sorry excuse of an amp. It has a full sound, with a crunch. This is more of a rock - metal type of guitar. It has a few varietys of sound: from a slayer type metal to a rage aganist the machine rock sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfect when I got it, and still is. Pickups were adjusted well, and was tuned. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Everything on this guitar is durable and dependable. I can't say that I have had a problem with it yet. I have played this guitar alot, and there are some scratches on the body where my hand rests, which is typical, but the hardware is in great condition. Strap buttons are solid. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal, rock and classic rock music like I said. And this guitar is perfect for it. I have been playing for about a year and a half. If this were lost and stolen... well I must say, if I had the money I go buy a LTD George Lynch F-Series Baritone, maybe..I don't know, but otherwise, I'd still go out and get this one. I love the body and sound of the guitar, it rocks. The low tuning really brings out a full sound of the guitar. Although I wish it had a tremolo. Overall this guitar is good not great. // 8

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ C-1 Blackjack ATX FR 9.2 Electric Guitars 11/05/2014