Tempest Semi-Hollow 1 Review

8.6
review (1) pictures (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
Tempest Semi-Hollow 1 Reviewed by: Joshm3r275, on march 10, 2009

Purchased from: Chain O' Lakes Guitar

Features: This is a 2004 Schecter Tempest Semi-Hollow body guitar. It's a trans-Orange color with a flame maple top, with a small f shaped hole. It has a maple fretboard, with rectanglish inlays. Overall the fretboard is pretty wide. Also it comes with gold Grover tuners, a golden mini Duncan designed humbucker, and a golden Duncan designed humbucker. There is two pickup volume knobs and a volume knob, with the ability to split the big humbucker. In addition to looking good, it is a pretty light guitar. // 8

Sound: I can play almost any genre with my guitar. I can select the humbucker for more heavy rock (almost Metallica type tone), or select the minihumbucker and get almost single coils type tones. I am currently using a Silvertone amp, a Peavey Rage 158 amp, and a Fender Blues Junior at my dads house. When playing there is no buzz at all. Overall, the sounds you can get out of this guitar are almost limitless, as it is extremely versatile. This is by far one of the great points of this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Straight out of the factory this guitar was set up pretty well, but with some help I have it set up perfect for me. The action can be set very low as I do, and there is no fret buzz. The guitar has no scratches at all, and is quite the sight to see. The only reason it gets a 8 is because I did have to adjust the string height, and had to raise the humbucker just a tad bit. Otherwise it is set up pretty well. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is extremely reliable. I have had no problems at all. All the hardware seems like it will last, and seem well made. I would absolutely gig without a backup, as this thing is a tank. While I have had no problems with this, I have yet to really get aggressive with it, so I can't give it great score. But it is built very solidly. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, for the price this was the best guitar in my immediate area. I went to 4 or so guitar shops around, and tried everything in the 400-675 USD range, and this was by far the best guitar I tried. I has the best playability of any guitar I have tried, and you can get so many tones out of it. My only real complaints is that it will not reach into some of the heavier tones, but considering it is a semi-hollow body I can't really complain. I personally love this guitar, and if it was stolen I would try and find another one. I would castrate the man Who stole it, as it is such a great guitar. // 9

More Schecter reviews rating category latest review
+ Raiden Special-4 9 Bass Guitars 05/19/2014