Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro Review

manufacturer: Silvertone date: 01/29/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Silvertone: Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Mahogany Set Neck. Rosewood Fretboard. 22 Frets. 24 3/4" Scale. Grover Tuning Machines. Agathis Body. Dual Duncan Design Humbucking Pickups.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.7
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.7
 Features: 8.7
 9.5
 8.5
reviews (7) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro Reviewed by: WARLOCK00, on march 22, 2004

Purchased from: Systems By Trail

Features: This Guitar being designed by Paul Stanley from the band that got me into Music in the first place...is absolutely original and beautifull. There are strong chrome tuners all chrome hardware and passive Epiphone pickups. THe body is Agathis with a lovely sculpted bolt on maple neck. Tune-o-matic bridge, 3-way selector 1 volume and 1 tone knob. This guitar has only 2 versions both of wich are very identical all but neck material and the Neck thru / bolt on selection. // 8

Sound: I play alot of everything...Mostly Metal and classic Hard Rock. This guitar with it's stock gear is just as powerfull as my guitars with active gear. Beefy hard hitting when you need it to be and when you need a very clean cut sound it cuts through like an angel singing in your ear! Ok maybe not that good but still..very very pretty. There is absolutely no background hum and if your looking for a guitar to play good boppy rock to metal.. this is the guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is very nice, the finish is extremely nice with the bevels on the points of the guitar being blood red and the rest of the body (neck included) being black with a sparkle to it. There was no flaws on the guitar when I had obtained it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have thrown it in disgust of my amp head blowing tubes. And not a mark has shown up on this baby. I would use this guitar for anything anytime. // 10

Overall Impression: If you like an odd looking guitar, something that makes you stand out of stage or around friends..this is an excellent guitar. It has the scream of the devil and the song of angels. Whenever I play with this thing I get all weird and start playing kiss tunes heh. // 10

Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro Reviewed by: Msu_Man04, on january 29, 2007

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: Firstly, I must say this is my first (and only) electric guitar, but it still suits my needs. 22 Frets and great Duncan pickups establish a very clean sound, unless of course it's distorted. A Tune-o-Matic bridge is also very nice. The maple neck is very much like a flat-top acoustic, with very accesible frets and great for beginners. 3 way selector gives some options (though not 5 like a Strat). My only complaint being there are 2 knobs (one volume and one tone), but that's dismissed rather quickly. Also, on mine, the low E and A strings come untuned fairly quickly, then again, I am going to have all of the tuners tightened a little soon. No gripes. // 9

Sound: Here is where this baby shines. I generally play hard rock and some metal, while experimenting with blues and classic rock. This guitar has the perfect fit for all. Which distortion on, this guitar can crank out as much metal as you could ever ask for. Very little background noise doesnt't distract you from the magic your making. This baby sounds great clean as well, for you blues and country players (even though the shape doesn't suit either). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I recieved mine, there were no dinks or scratches what'soever. After I tuned up the strings, I was ready to go. The pickups were all in place, with no little imperfections. The bridge and neck were all properly attached, no complaints here. Again, I must fret a little about the tuners being lose, thought I don't know if it is just my model or if they are usually like that, but it is something that must be noted. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing shines here too! The body is very sturdy and durable in case you get metal fever and try to pull a Paul Stanley (see what I did there) and break the neck off, throwing it into the crowd. Actually, I can't say that, be cause he uses this very guitar at concerts and succeeds in doing so. Again, the strings do come untuned (at least on mine) fairly quickly if your playing enough and hard enough, but you can get the tuners tightened. // 9

Overall Impression: Seing as how I play hard rock, grunge, metal, generally '80s-and-on stuff, this guitar fits perfect. The sound fits well no matter what. The shape is great for you metal heads, looking as if you are about to bring the apocalypse. I have been playing for 1 year, and got this about 3 months ago, and it was very easy to pick up and get started. With my 20-watt Fender amp, this baby still sounds like gold. If I lost this, it's a debate. The shape could be a little different just given the music I play, and some people do view it as a little tacky, but then I just start working my magic. Overall, it is a very good guitar, great for beginners and speedheads. The shape fits perfectly for metal players. // 9

Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 02, 2004

Purchased from: Guitar Mania

Features: This great guitar has a mahogany through neck with a rosewood fret board with 22 frets. The Agathis body is quite easy to play sitting and looks great. It has two Duncan humbucker pickups which sound great in clean and distorted settings. It has non-locking Grover which are easy to tune and down tune to my liking. // 10

Sound: The pickups can create a great heavy sound or a cool rock sound. The clean setting is angelic. I use a Marshall MG30DFX and the guitar creates great and clear sounds. If the you use the right pickup setting you can get create really good sounds. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup okay from the factory. I found I need to raise some of the strings so they didn't bang against the fret board. I had to raise the pickups which improved the sound. Apart from that the finish is great and any scratches dont show up (unless you have a magnifying glass), I've banged it agains the wall several times and no dents have developed (I mean big bangs). The body looks great and the diamond inlay markers look great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very durable and reliable and sounds best loud. It can take a lot of damage and the pickups have lasted and I would use it in a gig without backup (unless the strings broke). The finish has lasted and the neck hasn't become sticky from sweat. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is good for Metallica and Kiss and can create some really perfect sounds for these types of music. I've been playing it for half a year and haven't changed or thought about changing and have not regretted buying it. I got it in a sale but I would have payed the full price for it. If it was stolen I would buy it again. I love the shape of it and the weight ration is quite good and looks great live. It has a smooth fretboard which is easy to play. The only thing I have against this guitar is that it has no whammy bar but I've dont need one. // 10

Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 14, 2005

Features: I bought this guitar brand new, there are 22 frets, the neck is a solid mahogany with a rosewood fretboard. It is easy and comfortable to change frets. The finish is beautiful and is a sparkling black with a red outline. This guitar is unique and looks great - the odd shape takes some getting used to, but in time, it feel fine. The Grover tuners look smart and make tuning easy and the Dual Duncan pickups made the guitar sound great live - very highly recommended. // 8

Sound: I play both slow ballad songs and heavy songs. Chords sound great on the Paul Stanley Silvertone amp. You can change settings easily and the sound is rich and loud. Thid guitar has versatility and can be played to almost any type of music. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I can't find any obvious flaws with this guitar apart from the shap taking a bit of getting used to. This is only minor and the appearance of the guitar makes up for it. It will set you apart from all of your friends. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar, so far has been very reliable, I play with it live regulary and it has held up my onstage antics. I've knocked it about and it has held up, very difficult to scratch. It is necessary to wipe it down regulary as any fingerprints tend to show up on the face of the guitar. I use this without any backup, its that dependable. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a perfect match for my style, although it suits both heavy and soft electric guitar styles. Iv only been playing for a year and this was my first guitar. I would recommend the cracked mirror version which is available at the place I bought it. Although there are only minor tech differences this version looks the business. For the price and the features of this model I can't recommend it enough. // 10

Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 19, 2005

Purchased from: Northern Guitars

Features: The flagship features are the Dual Duncan pickups and the rosewood fretboard. This fretboard allows changing frets very easy and comfortable. There are 22 frets in total and the finish of the guitar is a sparkly black with red trim. The look of the guitar is very unique and looks great onstage. The chrome tuners look good and make the guitar easy to tune or down tune. It is hard to find a case to fit this oddly shaped guitar and it may cost a fair bit to have one made. Aside from that one issue the features are very good for this guitar. // 8

Sound: My playing style is jazz and hard rock. This guitar suits both styles very well for me - particulary because of the fabulous fretboard. The guitar sounds great loud and has very little interference when played on an amp. The sound is crisp and clear making it perfect for a wide variety of different sounds. I would also recommend it for playing acoustic sounding songs as the clarity of this guitars sound is great when on a low volume setting on any amp. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I purchased this guitar brand new. The tuning pegs were tight and the bracing was perfectly aligned. Everything from the saddle to the nut was perfectly cut and the finish was flawless. The shape of this guitar is very bizarre and takes some getting used to, especially if played while seated in a chair. If played when standing the guitar is very comfortable and looks great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: When played live, this guitar has the quality of many guitars costing 4 or 5 times more then this. I've played onstage with a Gibson Les Paul before, (I borrowed it off a mate) and the Silvertone Apocalypse Pro sounds almost as good and looks more unique. I have bashed this guitar against the corner of a wall once and not a scratch showed up. This guitar is very dependable, I would recommend everyone have some backup at any gig but this guitar is reliable enough to use without. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, very, very impressed with this guitar. For the price, compared to many very expensive signature guitars, unbeatable. This guitar offers the equivelence in quality and features to the top models and is recommended to everyone from beginner to advanced. The one niggle is the difficulty in finding a case, even Silvertone do not offer a case for it. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would replace it with the cracked mirror version which is basically a pumped up version of this guitar except it looks awesome. // 10

Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro Reviewed by: koosDIEdoos, on june 20, 2006

Features: Single set piece, 22 frets, 3/4 neck, laminated, 3-way Duncan Design humbucking pickups, non-locking chrome nobs/tuners. Mahogany neck/body, rosewood fretboard. Diamond cut fret symbols. Hammertone finish on laminate. "V" style body. Tune-O-Matic bridge, I got a triangle gig case with a purple fluff interior. // 8

Sound: I play mostly heavy metal in drop c or with a capo, because of the large thick base it gives a deep rich sound, I'm using a 400W Behringer BG412H cabinet with matching head and the sound is overwhelmingly powerful, I'm using a V-Amp 2 for effects and this guitar gives the clearest sound clean or distorted. There is a huge difference when switching the 3-way selector but you get a very muffled sound when selecting the bass pickup so I only play it on treble. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: There is no tension on this guitar, I play low-actioned and this guitar is perfect for barre chords and shredding. Personally I think the bass pickup isn't adjusted properly because I get a muffled toneless sound when playing with the selector on bass or mid. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Single set piece meanse there is no warping like bolt-on necks and the whole thing is extremely rigig and firm, the tuners have almost no tension, the finish will last a long while, I've played in the rain and the only thing that got damaged was the strings that rusted (don't ask me why I was playing in the rain). Very dependable but as always you must have a backup ready. // 9

Overall Impression: Awsome for playing metal when it comes to sound, feel and look.I've been playing for 8 years, I have a Fender Strat usa, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, a Flying V and an Eko ranger 12 string. this is by far my favourite guitar. I would consider suicide if this was lost or stolen, I love everything about what this guitar has to offer. The only issues I have is the positioning of the straps, both strap bolts are on the back which causes the strap to be a bit awkward sometimes, the pointy bit on the left of the base on the picture above chaffs your nipple if you play on your lap and the neck is a bit heavy. But those are little nitpics compared to the advantages. Definately the best buy out there and I'm not exagorating! // 10

Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro Reviewed by: AzzA2006, on july 17, 2006

Features: This was the second guitar I got, I've had it for neerly a year, and I can see myself having it for alot longer, this guitar doesn't bore you easily. It has probably the greatest body design ever for a guitar, and not only that it is probably the easiest guitars to play, the strings are lighter than normal, and make for easy sliding and bending. The fretboard is smooth which allows for easy moving and switching between strings. Also when I bought this I got the small 20 watt amplifier with it aswell, although its only 20 watts it still gives a great sound. // 10

Sound: I play classic rock / blues rock / metal, and it suits all styles perfectly, I use the amplifier I got with it and that can produce a heavy sounding riff without it sounding mushy and grungey, or you could play stairway to heaven on it and have evry note sound sharp and loud, without loosing the feel of it. The guitar makes a full sound and when you get a great feedback from the amp. The guitar is incapable of making a horrible noise, its all good. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: All I can say to this part is that the guitar was perfect when I first got it, and it still perfect now. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is probably one of the most reliable guitars out there, hell after all paul stanley used it. I would definatley use it live without a back up, and the straps as firm as it can be, its hard to even rip the strap off once its on. And the guitar doesn't scratch easily. The black attracts dust easily, but you can just wipe that off and polish it. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a good match for any style of music and iwould definatley recomend it, I'm not sure fora first guitar, but definatley for a 2nd (it's my 2nd) or a later one. If it was stolen or lost I would cry my eyes out, and then buy another one without hesitation. I love everything about this guitar and think it is worth a lot more than what its going for (around 200). Definatley a recomendation for anyone. // 10

More Silvertone reviews rating category latest review
+ 1484 Twin Twelve 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 04/18/2014