Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special Review

manufacturer: Silvertone date: 06/20/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Silvertone: Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special
This Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse solid body features A 24 3/4" scale neck with rosewood fingerboard, 22 frets, dual high output humbucking pickups, and a sculpted bolt-on maple neck.
 7.2
 7.3
review (1) 15 comments vote for this gear:
Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special Reviewed by: meta1militia, on june 20, 2006

Purchased from: Sam Goodys

Features: The features are pretty good for the price. - 22 XJ fretboard - Laminated top - 2 passive humbuckers - 1 tone and 1 volume - Bolt-on neck - Grover Tuners. // 7

Sound: The sound is very good for the price. Really quiet in the background. The pickups aren't so good for thrash and nu-metal, or country for that matter. But the over all sound is good. I'm running it through 2 Boss pedals and a wah pedal, along with Fender amps. The sound is very bright, but not enough crunch for me. The variety of sounds is basically around 3 different main sounds. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up pretty poorly when I got it. The action was very high, so I had to lower it. I also had to lower the bridge pickup and raise the neck pickup. The volume control came loose after a year of having it too, but easily fixed. Everything else was fine. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I would not use this guitar at a live show at all. The neck is so heavy as soon as you let go of it, the guitar neck plunges straight to the ground. The hardware would last a long time, but the guitar is just simply too neck heavy to be played while standing up. I would only use this as a back up guitar, or at home practice guitar. Also, sitting and playing with this guitar is a nightmare because of the shape. It hurts your legs and if you stand it's bulky too. // 5

Overall Impression: I play mostly melodic death metal and this guitar really doesn't cut it for me. For the price, its pretty good. Other than that, I really couldn't use it for much else. I've been playing for 3 and a half years now and I have 2 other guitars about the same quality as this one, but I don't have the money for a really nice one. I would not buy this guitar again if it was stolen, I'd just simply buy a new one. I love the way it looks, and sounds, but it's just not quality. I'd probably go with a Jackson or ESP over this. I also wish it had another volume or tone knob or something. Simply not enough things are worth it unless you just want to play this guitar at home. // 7

More Silvertone reviews rating category latest review
+ 1484 Twin Twelve 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 04/18/2014