Rockit 21 Review

manufacturer: Silvertone date: 12/17/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Silvertone: Rockit 21
True to the original design, the SRK1 Rockit features a deep-cut, double cutaway body that allows complete access to the entire neck and has a deep, powerful tone.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.5
 5.6
reviews (6) pictures (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Rockit 21 Reviewed by: criz, on november 05, 2004

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: - 22 fret, 24 3/4 - Solid top - Nato mahogany body and neck, with rosewood finger board - Cherry finish - SG body style - Tune-o-matic bridge - Passive electronics - 3-way selector, 2 tones and 2 volume controls - Silvertone tuners // 8

Sound: The sond is just amazing, it can do since AC/DC to Punk, I prefer it for punk songs cause this guitar offer greate distortion with my Zoom 505II with custon bank like a valvulated amp, simulating great Offspring, Bad Religion and others punk guitar distortion. Imagin this guitar with Angus bridge tuner and other Gibson neck tuner, I think with this can easily beet G400. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Very good finish, it looks like a Epiphone G400 guitar, the main diferece is: Silvertone Rockit uses Nato Mahogany with screwed neck and Epiphone G400 uses pure Mahogany wood with fixed neck. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Good reliability, durability I honest don't know, it looks like offer a good durability, but I can't tell you plaing for only 1 week with this pretty. // 8

Overall Impression: Test for punk, funkmetal and classic rock and I guarantee this guitar can do the job accurately equal compared with Epiphone G400. I have a Ibanez RG270 that can't reach this Silverstone model, better distortion and clear sound. I love SG models, and this is the only SG that my money can buy and I'm very happy with this guitar. // 8

Rockit 21 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 08, 2004

Purchased from: ZZounds.com

Features: - 22 frets (24-3/4 in. scale) - Solid top - Mahogany neck w/ rosewood fretboard - Bolt-On neck - Ebony or wine red finish - SG style body (deep double cutaway) - Tune-o-matic bridge style - Passive electronics - 3-way control; Two Volume, Two Tones - Two humbucking pickups - Chrome die-cast tuners // 6

Sound: Well I bought this guitar mainly because it looked cool and I didn't have any money or time or any experience on guitar or how to buy them. So I just bought what looked cool to me online that I could afford. Bad idea. So when I first got this guitar I was very excited to play it, it went ok for the first few weeks. But then I got really into it and progressed and found directions to the nearest Guitar Center and started going often playing guitars. Then I got together with other people I knew who played and played their guitars. And I noticed mine just for me, I was more comfortable with any other guitar but mine. First off, this guitar has a very "dirty" sound as I call it. Since when I first got it, it constinely buzzes and just sounds soo dirty when I play any kinda chord. I mostly play classic rock, soft rock, some metal and the occational blues and punk. Now if your a simple rhythm power chord kinda guy this is the guitar for you. It's good for punk and simple stuff that requires a very distorted and "dirty" sound. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was pretty well contructed but it looks like they missed a few minor deatails. Like the tuners are really sensative and go out of tune really quickly, and the knobs came off mine like without any effort. But besides that everything was perfect. // 4

Reliability & Durability: Well as I said the tuners are really loose and go out of tune. And the knobs came off easily and went crazy. But besides that it can stand my thrashing pretty well only a few knicks and bumbs. I mean it's ok it doesn't rust or get dusty to easy. So that's ok. // 8

Overall Impression: Well as I said, if you're into punk and simple rhythm riffs and don't have alot of money to get a regular SG. This is the guitar for you. I wouldn't recommend it for begginers either, it'd rather start off with a squire Strat package or that Epiphone les paul special package. Before I only played rhythm but I progressed really quickly and my style has changed. I'm still a rhythm player but I'm also doing some melody and solo stuff nowadays and this guitar aint cutting it. I've been playing for about a year now but again I progressed really quickly and this is the only guitar (besides a mini acoustic) I have to jam with. I'm planning to sell this pos soon and buy a Strat, so if your a serious musican that wants to progress and be serious with your music. Don't buy this guitar! But if you just wanna play simple stuff just to mess around and don't got alot money to your name. Then get this. // 4

Rockit 21 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 31, 2005

Features: Silvertone Rockit 21 electric guitar package includes: Silvertone guitar: - 22 frets (24-3/4" scale) - Solid top - Mahogany neck w/rosewood fretboard - Bolt-on neck - Ebony or wine red finish - SG style body (deep double cutaway) - Tune-O-Matic bridge - Passive electronics - 3-way control; two volume, two tones - Two humbucking pickups - Chrome Die-Cast tuners Smart III guitar amp: - 10W RMS - 6" speaker - Switchable overdrive - 2-band EQ - Tape/CD input - Headphone output - Digital tuner - Gig bag - Strap - Cable - 5 picks - An instructional DVD - Extra set of strings (10 gauge). // 8

Sound: I played acoustic guitar as a kid (~30 years ago) so I'm a beginner with an internediate attitude! I got this mainly to learn electric blues and old rock tunes. Out of the box, after the initial thrill wore off (~5 minutes), I noticed that the axe had a highly annoying buzz. I buzzed "off amp" and worse when I plugged in. After talking to a few players and doing some research, it was suggested to raise the action a bit and put a heavier gauge of strings on it. I did just that and the buzz stopped! The overall sound, now, is pretty nice. Of course, I'm not running through a Marshall stack but it's clear when I want clear and can crack pretty loud in rhythm mode (front pickup). Overall, great for the price. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory setup could have been a lot better. Fortunately, I was able to get it fixed in a fairly easy manner. As a beginner, I can't tell you much about the quality of the pickups or much about the bridge but the action out of the box was very low. That probably caused some of the buzzing. This axe is also very light, which I like (my friend's Strat feels like twice the weight). The finish was great, shiny beautiful black. The pickguard, truss rod cover and a couple of other parts were protected with plastic covering. I'm really pleased with it, now that I've adjusted it a bit. // 8

Reliability & Durability: After almost a month, it's hard to say how it will stand the test of time but here are some observations: the body is solid and feels great; the hardware seems to be of reasonable quality (knobs stay on, etc); the gig bag is paper thin. Buy yourself another or better, a case; the strap is also cheap but not uncomfortable. Probably because the aze is so light. A better strap is definetly in order; all of the machinery seems very solid, no loose screws or broken parts. I'm expecting me to outgrow this guitar before it gives out on me. It'll make an awesome hand-me-down for my kids. // 10

Overall Impression: Again, I'll be playing mostly blues and rock. It's a good match for a rythm player and for $200 - it's a steal! If it were lost or stolen, I would definetly buy this model again. // 8

Rockit 21 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 09, 2005

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Sound: Suited my style of music perfectly. I play classic rock (mostly GN'R and AC/DC) and it is excellent for them. If you have the selector in the rhythm mode, you can get a killer Sweet Child O' Mine out of it. I'm using a Behringer Vtone GM-108 and there is alot of feedback (on my guitar at least) if I have the volume level above five. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Like I said earlier, the major flaw is the screaching pickup at moderate/high volume levels. The pickup selector also make quite a bit of noise. Everything else is fine though and it is a very cool lookin guitar. // 6

Reliability & Durability: It will only work live playing in a coffee shop or somethin with small crowds so you don't have to be loud for the person to hear you The strap will fall off fairly often, for me anyway but I've got a cheapy strap that does that with every guitar so I thing its fine. The finish should last ya, as long as you dont throw it a wall. // 8

Overall Impression: Fairly good beginners guitar (I believe I'm out of that category now) that will last for some middle school kid (like me) learnin how to play. // 8

Rockit 21 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 23, 2010

Purchased from: My Local Music Store

Features: *I have no idea when this guitar was made *The guitar has 22 frets, the neck is in between fat and thin but more on the thin side *The bridge I believe is a stoptail *Passive Electronics *It has 2 volume and 2 tone and a 3 way selector like on a Gibson Les Paul *2 Humbucking pickups *Non Locking Tuners *Included everything you need to start guitar *Amp: Silvertone Smart 3's *Double Deep Cutaway // 7

Sound: I play more on the metal side, but I also tend to play hard rock, to thrash and heavy metal (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Children of Bodom, more like that kind of stuff) This guitar with the amp that came with it sounded pretty decent but I later just bought a Boss ml-2... The guitar is VERY VERY VERY noisy even when the volume on the amp on like 3 or 4. It has a good sound for blues thought and has good clean sound, but sounds like theres a bit "hair" on the pickups (has a little distorted sound). This guitar doesn't have a good variety through the amp it came with because it only has a bass and a treble control and no mid, which was a frowner for me. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was EXTREMELY high when I bought this guitar with absolutely no freakin idea about guitars. The pickups were adjusted ok in my opinion. The bridge and stoptail were properly routed, but I found out that the nut was 1/5th of a centimeter out of place so I later fixed that. The fretwire was crap... my top e string kept getting caught under the fret which was a big pain for me. This guitar's major flaw was the tuning, the guitar won't stay in tune, moving the tuning peg not even a little bit, changes the tuning a whole way around. The guitar's other flaws are so much I might need another post... The pickup selector often made noise when plugged into the amp, the volume knobs fall off very often and had to get a professional to get it to stay there. The saddles on the bridge can't even hold a 0.50 gauge low e string, the nut was poorly cut, I kept getting pinging sounds everywhere. This guitar is NOT and I mean NOT! Durable in any way, one small hit and bam! You have a dent, I dropped a guitar lightly, and the paint just fell off like glass, showing the bare wood. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I barely play in live gigs but I can tell you this, this is ok for live gigs. The hardware will seem to last a while. The strap buttons are another problem, the strap locks are always lose. I would never use it in a gig without a backup. The finish won't wear for a while unless you drop it often. // 5

Overall Impression: This guitar was an ok match for me, its usually good for the classic rock and modern rock. I've been playing for 2 years and counting, I also own an ESP LTD F-350 and I'm planning to get a Gibson Les Paul Studio or stick with ESP and get an ESP LTD KH-602. There are many MANY things I would like better in this guitar, no offense to Silvertone but this guitar is not good for even a beginner. If it was stolen/lost, I would just play my ESP until I get my other guitar. The guitar at least has a decent enough sound, with no mids. My only favorite feature is the double deep cutaway which is good for the frets in the 20's. // 6

Rockit 21 Reviewed by: vananucho27, on december 17, 2013

Features: - Made in who knows what year (Post 2005 for sure) - 22 Medium Frets, 24 3/4 scale - Solid top, bolt on Maple Neck - Don't know what wood solid body - Black finish - Stoptail bridge - No name generic passive humbucker pickups & 3 way switch, 2 vol & 2 tone - SG Body Style (Duh it's a rip-off) - H-H pickup configuration - Non locking generic die cast tuners - NO accessories, just random picks that the fat dude at the checkout gave me! - Uhh did I mention it's a SG rippoff? // 7

Sound: The stock Pickups were horrible. I didn't realized this but after 1 year and half of playing. Removed the neck p-up, the selector and all the knobs but the bridge volume and replaced the bridge p-up with what I believed was the "coolest" thing at that time, a Seymour Duncan SH-8. It totally changed it's tone, it's aggressive and has a nasty bite. People even ask me what the hell I'm playing and they can't believe themselves when they see a beaten up beginner guitar :P But as I mention, stock sound is awful and weak! // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, when I got this guitar, I didn't really knew how a "good" guitar was supposed to feel because I was a total newbie nor how to adjust it. It felt just OK to me and helped me to learn, but after getting acustomed to better guitars (Like my Dean Vendetta 4.0) I realized that the neck and action were horrible and no matter how I adjusted it, It would always buzz at some spot! Ugh, after some sanding and refretting it now plays OK and action is low. The finish is just OK, after 5 years of wear it has withstanded damage from constant gigs and rehearsals in a very good manner. The tuners hold tune for ages, but don't expect smooth Grover-esque motion. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Stock, this guitar is NOT gig-worthy. It's sturdy and a tank can drive over and it will still play, but as I said, I would not gig with it without previous work, but at least for rehearsals its OK. It has served me for the last 5 years, it was my very first guitar, lot of hours have been spent trying to make it my ol' thrust-worthy but as much as I love it I have to accept that it was total crap when I first got it and still it's a bit crappy. The strap buttons, ugh, what I can say? I have dropped it in numerous rehearsals due to them, ended up welding rings "Zakk Wylde" style. I had to depend on it for 2 years before getting my Dean, so yeah, I could still depend on it if my other 2 guitars were stolen/destroyed. // 6

Overall Impression: I play Metal mainly. Old school death, techn' death, and power mainly. I've been playing for roughly 5 years. I own a Dean Vendetta 4.0 and a LTD EC401 + a Randall RG50TC Tube Combo and a Maxon OD808, simple as that! If I could redo time to the day I got it... I wouldn't change anything on it, if not for it, maybe I would not be where I'm right now. If it were stolen, I would go after the punk and kick his skull until he gave it back to me. I love it because the same reason that I hate it... because all the work I've put into and still its crap, but in any way or another it always puts me a big smile in my face when I play it. I wish it had a Seymour Duncan Black Winter in place of the SH-8. // 8

More Silvertone reviews rating category latest review
+ 1484 Twin Twelve 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 04/18/2014