Flying V Review

manufacturer: SKY Enterprise USA date: 08/09/2010 category: Electric Guitars
SKY Enterprise USA: Flying V
This guitar has a very nice tone for overdrive and distortion. Awesome for doing solos, because of the smooth neck...
 8.2
 8.3
review (1) pictures (1) 21 comments vote for this gear:
Flying V Reviewed by: Lespaul100black, on august 09, 2010

Features: It was made in 2010, it came from China but it's a very nice guitar. It has 22 frets, it has a medium neck and frets too. It has a Korina from Epiphone style and it's a very very very nice guitar and has a Tune-O-Matic bridge. The pick-ups are nice, it's more for Rock,Metal,Thrash, and others... but it has quite a tone in them... and it has passive electronics It has 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob, and a 3-way selector. I can't see the pick-ups models, or brands, but they are cheap pick-ups from china, I'm planning on changing them for some better pick-ups. // 8

Sound: It suites my music style very well because I play mostly Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits, Slipknot, Dragonforce, KoRn, Guns N' Roses... I'm using a JVC MX-J300 a DigiTech RP-350 and a Zoom G2 Effects pedals, they work perfectly, at first I had some problems with the pedals, but it was really my cable, I bought another one and now I don't have any bad sounds! It has a bright sound, isn't noisy and is playable very easly because the frets are very smooth. This guitar has a very nice tone for overdrive and distortion, but I still use it too play the Acoustic part of Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin and it sounds awesome, but doesn't have a Epiphone, neither a Fender quality. Awesome for doing solos, because of the smooth neck... // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up at a medium level, but I had to ajust it because of my preferences... Was playable out of the box, no buzzes... The pick-ups were very low had to ajust them also. The overall quality of this guitar for almost $120.00 bucks is very good. It's a good Flying V electric guitar, for beginners and intermidiate players, and maybe even advanced. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I lent the guitar to my friend and he played her live, he said she didn't have any problems or any thing... The hardware looks firmly well and the strap buttons are very solid... Yes I'll depend on it, but you never should do a gig without a backup, that would be stupid not too do LOL. // 8

Overall Impression: I play lots of styles, Heavy Metal, Blues, Rock, Metal, Thrash, and others... I've been playing for about 6 years now, I have a Les Paul 100 by Epiphone a Bridgecraft (Stratocaster), a Fender Telecaster and this SKY. I would buy another one if it was stolen or, lost, it has a very nice quality as I said. I like the guitars body, it's very detailed and was treated with care when made... The only thing I don't like about it, it's that the moron that packed it up when shipping, took a little chip off the body, and I'm not happy about it... The only thing I was it had was, 2 more knobs, tone or volume... // 8

Comments