SNEG064 Review

7.6
review (1) pictures (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
SNEG064 Reviewed by: moodymuppet, on december 09, 2011

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Bought new so made in 2011, branded Sonor which is a German company which makes drums, but was made at their factory in China, the company is also known as Jinan Xuqiu Musical Instrument Company Ltd. They also make REM guitars, so you tell them the name and they put it on so they might also make other well known brands. - Body is solid Paulownia hardwood. - Neck Maple. - Fingerboard Maple. - Finish Natural. - Apart from that it looks like a standard Fender Telecaster. // 8

Sound: Tried most music styles with it and usually run into a Marshall MG15 for practice or Fender Frontman 212R, with a GNX4 effects pedal. The sound is bright and much better than some other models I have heard, very much what you would expect from an original Fender. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Have no problem with the finish and everything was adjusted correctly, not sure if it was like this from the factory as I guy I bought it from said that they inspect and adjust every guitar they get shipped over. So as I recieved it I would have to say that there were no problems I could find. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Have played this guitar live and it has performed well, would I gig without a backup, well I would have to say no because I always have a backup what ever I play. I believe this guitar will last but at the price I paid I might just trade it in for a different colour or collect a complete colour set. // 8

Overall Impression: I did not buy this guitar for any particular playing style just wanted one to add to my collection, and found that I enjoyed playing it. If it were stolen I would get another as it would not break the bank like an original would have. I have been playing for many years and believe this guitar could perform better than me. I might keep an eye out for some other Sonor branded guitars in the future as the quality seems really good for the price I paid. // 7

More Sonor reviews rating category latest review
+ SNLP001 6.4 Electric Guitars 03/22/2012