SNLP001 Review

manufacturer: Sonor date: 03/22/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Sonor: SNLP001
New 2012 made by Sonor (China), Basswood body, Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard. Standard Les Paul layout with 2 open humbuckers and 3 way switch. There is nothing outstanding about this guitar apart from the sound which I love.
 6.4
 7.2
 5.5
review (1) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
SNLP001 Reviewed by: moodymuppet, on march 22, 2012

Purchased from: eBay

Features: New 2012 made by Sonor (China), Basswood body, Maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard. Standard Les Paul layout with 2 open humbuckers and 3 way switch. Came with lead, allen keys and a strap, the lead and strap are not great quality but will do to start you off. Bought a Sonor Hot Rod 52 Telecaster (SNEG064) from the same guy a little while ago so thought I would try one of these. The finish is Cherry Burst. // 6

Sound: I also have a Rockburn LP which I stopped playing as the sound was really dead, this guitar is a great improvement with the sound really bright, have no idea what make the pickups are but would like some of the same to fit into the Rockburn. The Sonor is also much lighter than the Rockburn which is nice, this is due to the body being a little thinner than the Rockburn. Sound really good through my cheap Belcat OVD-502 into a Marshall amp. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I sent the guy that imports them an email asking about the finish as there are no sharp edges at all, the neck is really smooth, and everything seems to be set up just right for my playing style. He told me that he takes the time to sort out all of the little problems until he is happy with the way it plays, so he sets them up for his playing style. I did notice a few minor blemishes in the paint finish but for the price I paid I am really happy with it. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have only had the guitar for a week and have not played live with it yet, I do play the Telecaster I bought but usually still rely on my Ibanez. I think I would gig with the Les Paul but I always have a backup as I have often seen gigs come to an end because of equipment failure. // 7

Overall Impression: I play many different styles of music and usually I select the right guitar for the sound I want. It was so cheap I am sure I would replace it if it were stolen and I might get some other types from this guy if he imports other styles in the future. There is nothing outstanding about this guitar apart from the sound which I love. // 8

More Sonor reviews rating category latest review
+ SNEG064 5.8 Electric Guitars 12/09/2011