Tomcat Review

manufacturer: Spear date: 01/17/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Spear: Tomcat
The guitar is beautiful mahogany body with a maple top the neck feels smooth and fast. I play many different types of music mostly rock, jazz and metal but this fits it perfectly.
 7.7
 9.6
 5.8
review (1) pictures (7) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Tomcat Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 17, 2012

Purchased from: spear-guitars

Features: The guitar is beautiful mahogany body with a maple top the neck feels smooth and fast. Fitted with Jeff Beck Seymour Duncan at the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Jazz pickup at the neck as well as a tune-o-matic bridge the guitar has all the features you need. Great value for money specifications would be expected on a 500 plus guitar. // 10

Sound: On either pick up the guitar sounds rich and full as well as having great sustain this will fit any style of music you want to play. It sounds bright when playing through the bridge pick up and nice and trebley through the Jeff Beck bridge pick up doesn't sound weak anywhere you play. Sounds good when trying to play heavier metal however it is slightly weaker than my Dean Razorback but not by much. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar is phenomenal its a dream to play. There is no flaws that I can see there is no fret buzz and no problems that I can find. The frets are nicely spaced and are easy to play fast without much difficulty. The cat paw inlays on the fingerboard are not for everyone but I think they look great. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Feels sturdy and reliable but I've not had a chance to gig with it yet but it seems very reliable and hardwearing. Hardware feels sturdy and durable and it feels like it will last. Strap buttons are solid and wont fall off any time soon. The finish is well varnished and seems reliable and long lasting. // 9

Overall Impression: I play many different types of music mostly rock, jazz and metal but this fits it perfectly. If it was stolen I would buy it again it just fits my playing perfectly and sounds fantastic. I mainly bought this as my other guitars have floyd roses which aren't the best for altering the tunning but it is quickly becoming my main guitar. It is a great guitar and I highly recommend it. // 10

More Spear reviews rating category latest review
+ Gladius HG HT 7.2 Electric Guitars 12/09/2013