Bullet Strat Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 04/28/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Squier: Bullet Strat
The Bullet features a laminated body, a 21-fret maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard and chrome covered tuners. 3 single-coil pickups, a non-tremolo hardtail bridge and 5-way switching make this a good choice for a first guitar.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.9
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.5
 Features: 7.4
 7.6
 7.6
 7.5
reviews (34) pictures (7) 110 comments vote for this gear:
Bullet Strat Reviewed by: Darthax, on september 05, 2005

Features: 21 jumbo frets, made in Indonesia, laminated top, black finish that does not chip easily, light body, 5-way selector, two tone and 1 volume controls, 3 single coil pickups. // 8

Sound: This guitar is a dream to play as a beginner and I can't believe I considered anything else for my first guitar! It suits any kind of playing really and I mostly use it for hard/punk rock and some quieter rock music. I'm using it with a Marshall MG30 amp and together they sound like a dream. The amp comes with effects so I mostly use light distortion or heavy chorus. Full, bright sound. There is no end to the variety of sounds you can make with this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When the guitar came from the factory, everything was set up exceptionally well, with great action and great strings. Everything was in its place and after a few days, everything was running smoothly. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand and has withstood live playing extremely well thusfar. Some of the hardware is dodgey, for example, the input comes loose very easily, causing some problems and the bridge pickup makes a bit of noise but otherwise everything works well. Strap buttons sho no sign of ever coming loose. Having a backup guitar for a gig is a good idea but in my opinion, that is a good idea for whatever guitar you are using! The finish lasts really long as well. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar really matches the punk rock music I play and is a great choice for beginners like me. I've only been playing for a year and the strings lasted really long before they needed changing, giving Fender another tick in my book. If it was stolen or lost I think I would get it again due to my budget and fondness for it, but if I was a bit richer, I think I would look around a bit more before I replaced it. I love the variety of sounds it lets me make and can't find anything to hate about it. I compared it to a really cheap SX (don't know what I was thinking) but there was no contest there. It's a great guitar with all the features a beginner needs. I recommend it to beginners. // 10

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: wylde-dre, on february 15, 2008

Purchased from: local store

Features: This has a 5-way selector, 2 tone and volume controls. It's a Strat style body and is dark blue. It came in a plastic wrapping that got stuck under the screws, but is impossible to see unless you're within half a metre of it. It has 21 frets (I think jumbo) and a whammy bar. The neck is really fast and the body is light, so it's easy to swing around and is comfortable to play. it also came with some piks! // 7

Sound: I play all kinds of stuff but focus mostly on heavy metal and rock (Metallica, Zeppelin etc) and it handles these styles well. I run it through a DigiTech RP80 and mainly use it for its noise gate which stops that really annoying humming that the pickups make. The humming is more noticeable on positions 1, 3 and 5 and this humming was giving me nightmares at a gig a cuple of months ago. when I used it with a Marshall stack the sound was great. Ok sustain but the high gain powerchords were what sounded the best. The pickups offer tones from very bright to really warm. Good all round guitar which will suit most styles (not great for Lamb Of God style metal tho). great sound, annoying humming. I'd recommend a noise gate. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory setup was good and I could start playing straight away without needing to change anything. Whammy bar and thrashing bends altered the tuning (not sure if it's a setup issue tho). It is extremely easy to play. I've been playing it for two years now and it's really really really easy to vibrato and bend the shit out of the strings it came with. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've only played Live a cuple of times and there haven't been any major problems with reliability. I've only chipped the paint in 2 little spots but besides that it looks the same as the day I bought it. Thing is when you really thrash it and go wild with the bends the strings can lose their tuning pretty quickly. Same thing happens with the whammy bar (maybe it's not properly set up) would I use it at a gig without a backup only because I don't have another guitar. I would not feel confident that it would keep it's tuning after a few long solos. Apart from the tuning problem, it's a fairly tough cookie. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall it's a great, well priced, easy-to-play guitar for a beginner. It offers tones for most styles of music. If it were stolen then the burglar would be pretty disapponted when they take it to a cash converters and I would get a Les Paul. But overall: good tone, light, has an annoying buzzing, easy to play, flexibility for diffrent styles of music, bit of a tuning problem and could have better sustain. // 7

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: s0x, on january 03, 2006

Purchased from: Music Mart

Features: I previously had an Squier Affinity, but I broke it so I replaced it with a Bullet because they were the cheapest one I could find and I'm only a beginner so it seemed like the logical choice. // 7

Sound: It's not bad despite what people say, it gets the job done I guess, but the pickups have this buzzing sound all the time. I'm currently using a Behringer GMX212 with an AM100 acoustic pedal (sometimes) and it plays fine. I can play all the music I'm into without any problem, but it's mostly due to the flexibility of my amp. I play punk (Blink 182, Sum 41 etc), little bit of heavy metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden) and some standard rock (RHCP) and it handles them all just fine. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it, it was fine and I couldn't see any problems with it. All the pickups where fine and it didn't contain any flaws, but it does have a habit of the paint chipping off when you hit things, but I duno if that counts. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I have yet to play a gig with this guitar, but I feel it could withstand a little bit of rocking. The hardware isn't bad and seems like it could aleast last a year or two. The strap buttons are of of the only things I've never had a problem with, which is a very good thing. The finish kinda chips off easily, but it should last. // 8

Overall Impression: I thought it was okay for the pricing and it's not as bad as people think. I've only been playing for a year and I've previously had an Affinity Squier, but this is pretty good. If it were stolen, I'd buy a better guitar 'cause I only got it 'cause I needed one right away. I like the finish (Dark Blue), but it's a pretty standard guitar with no special features besides the tremolo. I was thinking about getting new pickups for it to solve the noise problem, with the price of the EMGs I could get a better guitar all together. // 7

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: gunslinger1, on march 31, 2008

Features: The Bullet Strat comes with a bridge with a whammy bar. I reccomend that you don't use it because a whammy bar will eventually crack it because it is not designed for it. The tuners are non lockers. Mine was made in 2008. It has 21 frets. There is a non laminated neck which I like. My body is basswood the color is brown sunburst, with a black pick guard. The bride is string thru body. It's a 5-way selector. The guitar has a slim body profile. The fingerboard is rosewood. The pickups are single coil Strats. The guitar was made in China. // 8

Sound: The guitar suits my music style excellent( I've been playing for 5 years). I play country, honky tonk, speed metal, death metal, chicken pickin, blues and rhythm. It works best for for country on the clean channel, because it pick ups well on it. I have a Traynor Guitar Mate, it works on clean because my distortion is broken but when I plugged it into my guitar mate 15 it sounded great on distrtion. It has a bright sound depending on what setting. It sounds the greatset for chicken picken when you put to the bridge pick up. The whammy on mine is loose so it doent effect the sound as much. The guitar has a variety of sounds any where from twang to deepness. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was freshfrom the factory. The fret board was smooth compared to my Epiphone Les Paul. The pick ups were designed so when you strum you don't hit the centre one. The bridge was properly routed. I am going to upgrade mine to better quality so it will last longer and be gold. The only thing that was a faulty was a loose screw on the pickguard. The tone knob was loose but I got that fixed. I am going to slowly up grade it's quality to be mor like a Fender but with a creative look. One thing I like is how I can move fast on the neck for soloing. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I bought this guitar as a back up but then I started to like it more than my other back up. This guitar withstood all my shows I have had (mostly small audiences of 50) it has with stood the concert. Nothing wrong with the strap locks. I would use a back up because it is a Squier. I use this as a back up to my Epiphone Casino which is my primary guitar. It with stood my Live show where I performed Free Bird, Cowgirl In The Sand, Down By The River and Blackened. It so far very reliable. // 8

Overall Impression: My playing is mostly country and rock songs but none of this new country music my own song(I am trying to get my MP3 on my profile.)It is a excellent match.I have been playing for 5 years. I own a Epiphone Casino, Epiphone Les Paul Special 2, Jackson Dinky and a old Fender acoustic.There aare no questions to be asked. If it was stolen I would talk to the criminal and try to get it back. If I couldnt then I wopuld buy one. The only thing I wish I had was gold color hardware.I am going to get different pick ups maybe some duncans or EMGS or fenders. I compered it to a Squier Telecaster(I was pressed for money though) so I got this one because of money I had and I couldnt find a Telecaster. I wish I had a Fender american made Telecaster or Stratocaster. // 8

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: Dio10101, on november 06, 2008

Purchased from: JBR Guitars

Features: It was made prior to 2003, the store didn't know because it was used. It has 3 single coil pickups, a 5 way toggle, one volume and two tone knobs. it's a Strat style. it's a typical Strat bridge. it has 21 usable frets, and interestingly, if you push down on the string enough so it hits the pickups it makes a note. // 7

Sound: It gets perfect sound for when I'm playing rock, but when I try to go heavy it doesn't really give me the heavy sound I'm looking for, except during solos. I use it with a crappy Fender G Dec and this might be the problem though. The Guitar gets most styles well, from Light, Clean jazz, to heavy rock. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar felt well set up and all the pickups and the bridge were in order. I got the guitar with a dent in it and proceeded to make another one when it hit my door(I am very clumsy) the guitars sound was unaffected but it can withstand a beating. The looks however can be easily manipulated. It fit well with me whether I was standing up or sitting down. It was the creamy Hendrix looking model with the ebony frets. It had a little buzz when I bought it, but changing the strings to some D'addario XLs made everything better. The strings should definitely be changed right out of the factory. The neck was the thig that really drew me to the guitar. I can do anything on that neck. It lets me play quick passages it let me stick to one general area or move around easy. The fretboard is easy to play on and is like most strats fretboards. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar would most likely last Live. But if you haven't changed the pickups to something else if you play Metal it won't go over well. The hardware is long lasting, it's been used since at least 2003 and still packs a kick. I would definitely pack a backups at a gig for a really heavy distorted song, if your accustomed to the Strat already, a Dean ML would be suitable. It can stand my 2-4 hour sessions so I guess it lasts. // 9

Overall Impression: I play everything from the blues to thrash metal and suits me for everything but Heavy Metal. If this had been stolen, I would probably first look for it, and If I couldn't find it I would get a new one after my next guitar for customization. I love it's neck, I am absolutely in love with it, it's my favorite feature. I compare it with a Les Paul Ultra my friend has (Great Guitar). I wish It had better heavy sound. // 9

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 15, 2010

Price paid: A$ 180

Purchased from: my uncle (second hand)

Features: 2008 model made in korea, 21 medium frets, rosewood fretboard what looks like pine but probably isn't neck, alder body laminate top, string-through-body tremolo style bridge, active electronics, master volume dial, two tone dials working for middle and neck pickups respectively, five way pickup selector, three single coil pups, non locking tuners, also came with a big bulky hard shell case which I absolutely hate. // 5

Sound: The sound is, as you somewhat expect from a strat, very bright unless dialled otherwise which I do most of the time, I play mostly pop-punk like all time low and sum41 stuff like that it suits it not bad but not the best by far, I'm running it through a Boss OD-20 into an Orange crush-30R its almost too bright and it creates a lot of buzz and static when idle, its reduced somewhat when using two pups at the same time, but not completely, the guitar is fairly versatile being able to play styles from blues to metal but you have a bit of trouble getting a nice thick sound being as there is only single coiled pups, and the addition of the tremolo arm is a nice touch, but sadly it puts the guitar about a full step lower then the tuning, that applies to all strings except for the high e. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was sky high, but i later found out thats how the owner before me played on it, and after that I could never get it right until I took a risk and removed the neck completely left it of about 12 hours and when I put it back on the action was fantastic, the pickups were flush with the pickguard and combined with the super high action wasn't a good combo, the poles in the pups were extremely rusted and corroded when I bought this and the selector makes a loud pop whenever you change + the cable has to be positioned a certain way other wise it makes a super loud buzzing sound and cuts the sound of the guitar. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I would never ever think of using this guitar as a stage guitar, maybe with several major modifications it might go well, the hardware seems fairly sturdy but I recommend buying locking tuners and straplocks if you want to use with the tremolo arm and/or onstage. // 4

Overall Impression: This guitar is most suited to blues and maybe jazz because of the pup config', with some modifications such as new pups, probably a humbucking pup, some straplocks a Floyd Rose and locking tuners I would consider this a good guitar, at the moment if this guitar gut lost or stolen I wouldn't mind it, it would give me a reason to buy my les paul sooner. I recommend this guitar to people are on a reeeeeally tight budget and a looking for a muck-around guitar, I wouldn't dream of using live. // 5

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 22, 2010

Price paid: C$ 125

Purchased from: long and mcquade

Features: The guitar was made in china in 2010 I'm guessing. It has 22 frets the fretboard is rosewood and has a solid body with a bolt on neck the Body is Basswood the Neck is Maple the finish is a daphne blue which was the closest to the finish of the strats that both John Lennon and george harrison got in the 60's. Well it obiously has a Strat style body and a string thru body Strat bridge. It has volume two tone and a 5 way pickup selector. The pickups are stock but I'm hoping to get seymour duncans on it the tuners are also stock but they aren't Strat ones they are les paul ones so I'm hoping to get new tuners. It didn't come with any accessories and in fact this one for some reason was the only one in the guitar store that didn't have the trem bar so I'm trying to buy one. // 8

Sound: It suits my music style very well I play mostly beatles, led zepplin, black sabbath and other bands from that period along with some modern things. I'm using a 15 watt Line 6 spider IV a Boss MT-2 pedal and a Behringer hb-01 hell babe wah pedal. It acctually isnt really "noisy"it has a nice rich sound good for hardcore metal and beatles songs and everything in between to be the guitar really shines on my crunch setting with is really just a crunch with lots of added reverb and that's what I use for playing "get back" and it sound just like the song. In fact the guitar sounds way better than my epi les paul that was over 100 bucks more than this one. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up at the factory better than my les paul was and Epiphone has their whole high Standard thing so the people over in china did a good job setting this guitar up. The pickups were adjusted very well it can do just about anything with the 5 way Switch way better than a 3 way and the guitar had absolutly no flaws. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I acctually haven't played this live... Yet but I used my les paul in my last gig and it was almost falling apart due to parental neglegence (my mom trapped it in a closet for 4 months it it got stratched to hell the pickups werent working as good... Etc.)so I'm sure my Strat would work wonderfull at a gig.the hardware seems like it will last and the strap buttons are perfect. I would use this in a gig without a backup but knowing me I'd bring my lp in case something bad happened like it got stolen when I has in the bathroom or somethin like that but this Strat wouldn't need a backup. The finish looks like its good enough to last. // 10

Overall Impression: The style I play is beatles and zeppelin and everything up to mdern music and its a very good match. I have been playing for about a year and a half to two years. I don't wish I asked anything because I asked the guy everything what strings it used if it was set up and just everything you can think of. If it were stolen I might buy it but I'd probably save up for an Epiphone dr212 bacause I want an Acoustic and a 12 string but after that I would buy it because this guitar is really wrth about twice the ammount it is brand new. I love everything about this guitar its got all the things of a Strat for such a low price.I acctually didn't compare it to anything. // 10

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: windmilldweller, on december 13, 2010

Price paid: € 130

Purchased from: local store

Features: -my Strat was "Crafted in China" -has 21 medium jumbo frets -maple neck (i guess) -rosewood fretboard with Dot inlays - H S S -whammy bar bridge - passive electronics -1 Volume 2 Tone (all set wrong) - noisy 5-way selector -bad tuners (I always have to tune my guitar after 45 minutes of playing and before everytime I play) - No accessories My guitar came with a box and giftwrap, and 5 strings (that is a reflection of the store I bought it from) // 8

Sound: I play Blues, Funk and Rock and want to play Jazz, I can see myself playing all this on this type of guitar. I use a Biff Muff Pi on occassion and almost always use my crybaby. I can get noisy but the sound does not get much better if you do it. My favorite posistion is the first ( the neck pickup) but I the sound is nice not eargasmic. The humbucker sounds weak, However is does not give feedback like the bridge single coils. The only way I like using the humbucker is to pinch and pop the strings heavily. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was fine when I bought it (except for the missing string) the string height was fine and so was the tension. Pickups did not need adjustment. The finish on my Strat is Sunburst, the only thing I do not like about it is the scratches everywhere, it is really easy to scratch this guitar. The volume and tone control knobs were put on wrong. Noisy pick-up selector. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have no idea if this guitar can withstand live playing, because I have never gigged on guitar. I think the hardware will last, because I cycle a lot with my guitar in a gunnysack in the winter and it plays just fine. My only complaint with the finish is the scratches. // 9

Overall Impression: I think this is an awesome guitar, this is my first and only electric guitar, but at a frinds house I play on his Mexican Telecaster but that is very different but would probibaly buy a Strat style instrument over a tele. I play Yamaha Pacifia's at school but like my Strat A LOT more. I would however not buy this guitar again but save up because in the long run it would have been smarter. My favorite feature is the whammy bar. All in all this is a cheap beginners guitar and the upsides of having this guitar outway the bad ones. I know learnt to tune my guitar quickily and efficiently. // 10

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: schniepel89x, on july 13, 2011

Features: I'm assuming that since you are reading this, you are a beginner and are looking for your first guitar. Therefore, everything I write here will be written with that in mind, and with the goal of making you understand what this guitar has to offer. My copy of this guitar was made in 2008-2009 (I purchased this in August 2010, but I'm not sure of the exact year of manufacturing) in China. 21 medium jumbo frets. Not exactly the most versatile thing I can think of, especially if you want to experiment and learn stuff like 2-handed tapping or simply wanna play fast. Solid-body guitar. That doesn't make for much Acoustic amplification obviously. Basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard. My guitar has a sunburst finish, but it is obviously not the only one available. You can get it black, white, red, blue and pink. Just like a Fender strat. Too bad it's the only thing they have in common. Synchronus Tremolo, Cast saddles. I'm not really an expert, but I can tell you it is quite bad. It won't allow the guitar to stay in tune for more than a week or so, and the saddles come loose rather easily and break the strings. I had to tighten it about three times in 1 year, and that's 3 full sets of strings plus the occasional high E and the B which break easily. Also, my factory G string had this awful buzz and sounded muddy even non-amplified and I had to replace it in about two weeks since I couldn't stand it anymore. It has a volume knob and two tone knobs, one of which isn't wired and doesn't do anything (the one nearest to the body's edge). It has a 5-way toggle Switch so you can use the Bridge pick-up only, the Bridge and the middle, just the middle, the middle and the neck or just the neck. The 2-pick-up configurations suck tone and sound-wise and are only good for reducing the static noise you WILL get from this guitar. This, like every other regular Strat (aka non-fat/super strats) has 3 single coil Strat pick-ups: bridge, middle and neck. The Bridge PU is has the most treble of them all: it's crunchy and dry, so it's good for playing chords and pretty much the best one for distorted rhythm playing. The middle is balanced and quite anonymous, it's the one I like the least. The neck pick-up has more bass, and produces a warm, soft tone good for lead-playing. Do not, I said DO NOT try playing chords on this pick-up: they get really muddy, and in the case of the big open chords they even get a little dissonant. Needless to say, the distorted rhythm playing on this pick-up is the WORST sound I have EVER heard in my life. It's annoyingly muddy. While using two pick-ups you will get much less static noise and unwanted feedback, but the sound will be muddy and anonymous and very unclear. This guitar features incredibly bad, non-locking tuners which after a while get stuck in a certain position (but never the right one so the string stays in tune) and get annoyingly hard to turn. It came with no accessories what'soever. // 2

Sound: When I got this guitar I was into stuff like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and AC/DC. Nowadays my interests have changed greatly and I now listen to pretty much anything between blues and death metal, excepting nu-metal, progressive rock/metal, etc. I am still into AC/DC and RHCP, but I mostly listen to the likes of Janis Joplin, Ratt, Motley Crue, B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Opeth and many others. This guitar doesn't fit NONE of those styles, though you can get a nice crunchy sound for distorted power-chords, but only with a distortion pedal. When I got my beginner's gear I bought a Marshall MG10, which is an incredibly crappy amplifier with dull cleans that can only go from sparkling bright to jazzy warm and an overdrive channel that doesn't sound like overdrive at all, it sounds more like a bee caught in a jar of glass, or a fart. A few months ago I bought a Behringer HM100, which is an analog (or so they say) distortion pedal modeled after the Boss HM-2, but it obviously sounds worse. The pedal was a nice addition and I could actually get an at least mediocre tone. The guitar however is stunningly noisy and gets a lot of feedback. Heck, there's pick-up humming even on the clean channel. The guitar, despite what everybody says about its versatility as a beginner's guitar, is not versatile at all. It pretty much can produce just three tones: sparkling, bright and trebly clean, jazzy/bluesy warm and curnchy overdrive. Those are the only tones that won't make you want to emulate Van Gogh. Twice. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was actually well set. I had to make no adjustment, it was good to go right out of the box. Its only flaws here where the buzzing frets after a couple months, and the plastic thingy over the toggle Switch blade which fell of after about a month. Oh and the high E's saddle was a bit too high, so the high E broke soon enough, and I had to lower that one saddle. Oh yeah, and the neck got a bit unstable after messing around with the tremolo arm about two... Days. Now I can actually move it a few mm in any direction and hear it crack meanwhile. // 3

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will NOT withstand live playing. It's incredibly fragile. Both the neck and the bridge, after using the whammy bar a few days look like they're about to pop and destroy your guitar. And that wouldn't be that bad: the thing's a piece of crap. But you could get injured if this happened. But the main thing to say here is: who the hell would ever use this for live playing?! You get insane amounts of feedback and it's a really bad guitar overall. Does the hardware seem like it will last? No. Not at all. The tuners and the Bridge are all unstable. I wouldn't use this on a gig at all in the first place. It's an awful practice guitar as it is, I dare not imagine how it'd fare on stage. Just do not use this on stage. Don't. The finish is actually pretty sturdy. Nothing to say here. It's well done. Too bad it is one of the least important things in a guitar. // 2

Overall Impression: I (try to) play mainly rock and roll, blues, hard rock and heavy metal. With a distortion pedal it can get crunchy enough for blues rock and rock and roll. But it won't do it if you plan on even slightly getting serious about your guitar career. I have been playing for about a year, but have been learning very fast and am satisfied of where I have arrived technique and composition-wise. This guitar at this point is more of an obstacle in the way of my progress. I am planning on getting an Agile AL-2000 or AL-3000, as I should have done in the first place. Or maybe not, but now I do know that bad single-coils can be a painful experience. Dual humbuckers is the way to go for me now. If this was ever stolen, I'd hunt the guy down and laugh in his face, as breaking into a house and carrying this guitar all the way to his place is a lot more than this piece of crap is worthy of. I'd NEVER, NEVER buy it again. I'd get an Agile. I couldn't really compare it to other products. There are no music stores in my area. I bought it off the internet since everybody was saying it's a good beginner's guitar... It's not. Anything I wish it had? A self-destruction button, maybe. But I guess that would just have added to it's already extremely high (for the quality) of this instrument. Alright now. Listen to me, beginners. DO NOT BUY THIS! Trust me! There are cheaper and A LOT better guitars on the market. Buy an SX Hawk RN FT WT guitar if you really want a strat! It has a HSS (humbucker-single coil-single coil) pick-up configuration, so it's way more versatile and that Bridge humbucker will spare you the pain of the feedback noise. Even the two single-coils are better! And it's like 29 bucks, or even a full 50$ or 100$ cheaper and you get a good guitar that you won't outgrow in about a year. Or just save some more money and get an Agile LP copy: for way less money or just slightly more than the price you'd pay for this you can get semi-professional, good guitars! I myself have never owned one of those guitars, but as said am planning to get an Agile, but judging by the good reviews they're getting I'd say they're worthy. Plus the SX is even cheaper. Just don't buy this guitar. It's a total waste of money, even for a beginner. Trust me, I know! // 1

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: tmr4891, on april 28, 2014

Features: Fender Bullet SSS Stratocaster Electric Guitar Features:

• Contoured basswood body
  • Bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
  • Three standard single-coil pickups
  • Neck
  • Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Finish: Polyurethane
  • Neck Shape: "C" Shape
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood
  • Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241mm)
  • Number of Frets: 21
  • Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
  • String Nut: Synthetic Bone
  • Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
  • Position Inlays: White Dot
  • Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
  • Electronics
  • Bridge Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat
  • Middle Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat
  • Neck Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Strat
  • Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
  • Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
  • Pickup Configuration: SSS
  • Tuning Machines: Standard die-cast
  • Pickguard: 1-ply black
  • Control Knobs: Black plastic
  • Switch Tips: Black
Plagiarized from Guitar Center website. It is VERY light, and looks good. Feature wise the thing is pretty standard. No extra bells and whistles. The tuners are terrible, the bridge is meh, the nut is meh, the knobs are ugly, and the black hardware looks cheap. That said, it's a squier bullet. I bought it to do work on it. // 7

Sound: The pickups were actually ok. I play a heavily diverse style that ranges anywhere between Dimebag's melt your face off tone, and Hendrix's smooth blues. I bought this for the latter, and I could have very easily stuck with the pups it came with. However, they were staggered, and I don't use vintage style strings, so the response on the lower pole pieces was a bit unresponsive. Can you get away with using these pickups? Sure. Some clever eq and you can probably balance things out. I wound up just buying flat pole Artec single coils (Alnico V Vintage to be exact) and just stuck with that. Whether or not you stick with these pups is a matter of personal taste, and should not be a decision you take lightly. There are quieter and cheap pickup alternatives all over the place (GFS and Artec being my personal favorites), so if you mind, make the change.

A 7 for stock pickup sound, as it was usable, but positions 1,3,5 buzz more than I an appreciate. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Interesting section for this particular model, as it was setup very well, the pickup height was correct, although, as I just mentioned, the vintage stagger is nonsense. The woodworking and wiring were quite solid and in all honesty, were it not for the fugly black hardware, which I replaced with gold (locking tuners, brass nut, gold trem, gold tele dome knobs), the guitar is easy on the eyes. As soon as all that was changed the guitar was a nice accent to my small collection. The finish is nice, in my opinion, while some may say it looks a little cheap. I say it's a well done job on a very inexpensive instrument. I did, after all, buy it for it's body. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would not play this live with the stock hardware. The hardware itself was ridiculously cheap and just didn't seem like it even could last a while. The strap buttons were ok, but I even replaced those with locking buttons. This guitar, as it is stock, is not something I could have looked at and said, "Yeah, I can count on this one without a backup," simply because of how badly out of tune it got, and very consistently. The bare minimum of work you would need to do on this guitar is replace those tuners, because they just aren't good, or even okay. They're cheap and unlikable. Fortunately there are decent locking tuners that don't cost an arm and a leg, so that is something to keep in mind in making your decision. // 5

Overall Impression: My style tends to be very diverse, and the stock model wouldn't stand a chance at covering even a fourth of the ground I'd want to. Between the vintage staggered pups and the awful hardware, I couldn't honestly recommend this instrument to anyone, unless you're looking for a cheap stratocaster body to do work on, and even then, I might not have gone this route if I'd known that replacing the tremolo was going to be such a nightmare. There are almost no blocks that fit, so you're going to have to cut a decent chunk of it off, then drill holes for the springs to latch onto, unless you want the thing sticking out the back and if you do that, you need to leave the cover off. I wasn't willing to do that.

I've been playing for 11 years, have a Schecter Tempest Custom, Heavily modified Washburn Wi66 Pro (LP style guitar), Squier Jazzmaster (great, save for the bridge) and a Schecter Raiden Special IV. The stock Squier Bullet is trash in comparison to all these. Having modified it into a real players piece, I could recommend "mine," but if you want something you're not going to have to go crazy working on to get it to be something an actual musician would play, do not go this route. If it were stolen now, I would be upset, but I would not get another one of these even just for the body.

Now that it's fixed up I love everything about it, when it was stock I hated the tuning stability more than anything else. This guitar does not stay in tune worth a damn. The stock trem doesn't help that but you could theoretically buy locking tuners alone and make this an OK instrument. The vintage stagger thing I just don't get, it's impractical, as it's no longer valid since string gauges have changed. If you aren't aware, the original stagger was designed to deal with balancing out the sound on older strings, where the g was wound, modern strings don't have that issue, therefore it's nonsense for them to still be using them at all. Google it.

I didn't compare it to anything, as I was getting it to do work on, and even for that it was meh. Now that it's done, it is good, and as repetitive as this has gotten, I can't recommend this guitar. This guitar stock, sucks. And be mindful of the small trem cavity, if you're thinking about buying one to do work on. Not fun at all. // 5

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: super7am, on october 16, 2006

Purchased from: Music Place

Features: Made in 2005. Made in Indonesia. 23 frets. Arctic white (cream) finish (well that was my finish, anyway) Strat style body. String-thru body bridge with tremolo arm. Controls: volume, 2 tome, 5-way pickup switch. 3 single coil pickups. Allens key included. // 9

Sound: My musical style is metal and hardcore, with some grunge and punk. This guitar suits my style pretty well. A little tinny though, definitely a beginners guitar. On one of the pickup selections, it creates a bright, glassy tone. On the opposite pickup setting, and with the tone knob that is closest to the bridge turned to zero, a very bassy sound can be heard. The tone knob furthest from the bridge doesnt't seem to make much difference. There is a lot of pickup buzzing noise. I am using a Zoom effects pedal with this, and with the sound bypass feature, it gets rid of the buzzing noise. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I have already mentioned the buzzing pickups, that is the only flaw I can think of. The rest of the guitar is pretty good. The guitar was perfectly set up at the factory, with long lasting strings and everything. The neck is a little grainy, so a little uncomfotable. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will perfectly stand live playing, it can be bashed around a bit with minimal scars on the finish. The only thing is if youwould want to play it live. If you did want to, you wouldn't even need a backup. It hold it's tuning really well, even in alternate tunings like drop C. // 9

Overall Impression: This is a great beginners guitar! I have been playing for about a yearthrough a Fender Fromtman 15G amp and a Zoom G2 pedal, and they are great all together. I only wish it had a humbucker-single coil-single coil configuration, but other wise is great. If this was stolen, I'd bash the theif over the head with it, and thered be be hardly to none finish loss! If you are just starting out I strongly reccomend this guitar. // 10

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: Clements06, on march 27, 2007

Purchased from: World of Music Mackay

Features: My 2005 black Squier (by Fender) Bullet Strat was made in Japan. It has 21 frets on a 24" rosewood fretboard, a bolt-on neck, a hardword body, and a Vintage Stratocaster Tremolo bridge. It has 3 single-coil pickups, a 5-way selector, 2 tone and a volume knobs. I don't know what brand of tuners are on my guitar but the one on my g-string (no joke) kept sliping while I was playing, with or without using the whammy-bar, but I chucked some glue (Clag pasta to be exact) on the tuner and that works fine after 3 string changes. It came with a strap and a half dozen plectrums. // 7

Sound: I'm into rock n roll, nu-metal, blues and a bit of pop (The Beatles, Robbie Williams etc). This guitar works wonders with my Legend 40watt amp (with overdrive) to get some wacked sounds. I can get similar sounds to AC/DC, Avenged Sevenfold, Pantara, Iron Maiden, and Twisted Sister with the overdrive on; and without the overdrive I can get The Beatles, Chuck Berry, a bit of Hendrix, and some BB King. This guitar hums on all the pickup settings put just touching the bridge gets rid of it. The sound it pretty bad without tone on 10, it just loses it's body, but the Natural harmonics on it a preety good (don't ask about others I don't know how to play them). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar is ok, not too high but not too low (I want it lower though), and the strings buzz quite often while playing. The Bridge tremelo wasn't set-up, but I don't know whose fault that is. Other than that it was put together, in my opinion, like a version it was based on (Fender Stratocaster for thos who don't know). // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would be reasonable for bar or small club shows but anything bigger would proberly destroy it. The neck pickup has already rusted, less than a year after purchase with proper cleaning and maintainance done on it, but the other two pickups look like they could be straight out of the box new. The finish is thick as all hell, about 1-1.5 mm thick (chipped the paint near the saddle and it took a small piece of paint off and I could see how thick the paint was. And as for going into a gig without a backup, definetly not, no guitarist would go into a gig with only one guitar, even if it is just sharing with another guitarists. // 6

Overall Impression: Again I play rock, nu-metal, blues and pop, and this guitar takes all of them without a second look. I have been playing seriously for about a year and a half (at time of publication) and apart from my fathers twelve-string Seagull acoustic this is the guitar I played the most. If this guitar was stolen and I had to get either a new one or something else I would get something else, maybe a Epiphone SG or Les Paul because they're cheap but reliable (I know a guy Who perfected Guns N Roses Sweet Child o' Mine in the shop on a Epiphone LP Ultra). I choose this guitar becuase it was cheap, and I knew nothing about guitars at the time. Any guitars I wished I had, hmm, lets see. Gibson SG, Gibson LP, Gibson Firebird, Fender Starcaster, Gibson ES-335 Dot, Gretsch White Falcon, Gretsch Double Jet Electromatic, Ibanaz S520, ESP Ninja, Rickenbacher 360/12, Gibson Twin necked SG; to name a few. // 8

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 19, 2007

Purchased from: Mall Music Sydney

Features: My Bullet Strat is new-ish (2005-6)model I think but I'm not exacly sure. I got the black one. It has a laminated body (not sure what kind of wood), 22 medium frets, and a rosewood fingerboard. It also features three single coil pickups, just like the much more expensive Fender model. It has a trem at the bridge too. // 7

Sound: For a guitar of this price, the sound is pretty good. I'm using mine with the 15-watt sqier amp that came in the package with this guitar, which sucks alot, but gets the job done. The three pickups give some variety; the neck pickup is very warm, while at the bridge the sound is bright and peaky. Clean, this guitar actually sounds really good, but it is more lacking on the distortion front. Surprisingly however, The Bridge pickup is very good at picking up pinch and natural harmonics, better even than many guitars of a higher price. All the pickups do give off a lot of excess noise, so be warned! // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Because I got this in a kit, It was extremely out of tune when I got it. Other than that, I have few other complaints. Everything on the guitar works, and there were no dings or scratches anywhere. It is worth pointiing out however that this guitar will go out of tune very easily, which is why I never use the tremolo. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've had It for about a year now, and played almost every day, and it shows no signs of wearing out. I've never played with it Live, and I wouldn't count on it for the reason that the lead input is quite dodgy. That aside, this guitar is robust, and could definitely take a beating. // 9

Overall Impression: Unfortunately for me, my preferred genre is heavy metal, and I often play in the styles of Metallica, Lamb Of God, and Trivium. This guitar really doesn't suit me in this respect, and to even get close to the sounds I want I have to keep all the tone and distortion knobs up full, else it sounds more like AC/DC. Palm muting is very bad too. If you have this guitar and want to play metal, I would suggest getting an overdrive pedal, else, get a new guitar. I chose this guitar simply because I was a beginner and it was by far the cheapest guitar around, and In that respect, I don't regret my decision at all. For the money it was a great buy. A simple thing to have made this guitar better (in my opinion) would be having two humbuckers, instead of the three singles. The thing I love about this guitar is it's supreme affordability (just about anyone can learn electric guitar now), but I hate the way it goes out of tune so easily. Another thing I dislike is the lead jack: the lead can dislodge itself very easily, meaning halfway through a song you just end up with feedback and can't continue until you've pushed the lead back into place. I am currenty saving for a much better guitar (and ESP eclipse, or maybe even a randy rhoads) as a replacement for this guitar. All considered, this guitar gets the job done, and as A beginner that is what I cared about the most. // 7

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 21, 2008

Features: Arctic white bolt-on neck. The colour gives the guitar a nice old school feel that give the guitar a nice look to it, which is nice wen you want to be deferent. Standard 21 fret medium-jumbo frets. not quite shure what neck. although I think it's rosewood. 5-way switch single coil-single coil-single coil config. Volume tone and tone knobs, although I don't really see the use of the last nob, as it does nothing really. The lead plug in is a bit doggy as is unplugs quite easily. But I fixed that by buying a little more expensive 6" cable. // 8

Sound: I usually play heavy metal like all shall perish or All That Remains and Killswitch Engage. The guitar has more of a clean sound on it and for that reason it's not really suited for my style of playing. I am looking for a humbucker for that reason but if your into old school clean music this is the guitar for you! I play it through a 60watt Roland Cube amp and a Zoom gx2 which almost makes the guitar sound like it has humbuckers. The only down side is the hum which can be deafening at times although you do come to love it after a few mounths. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up nicely at the factory although the wammy bar is completely useless if you want to keep your guitar in tune. The tunes is also really sensitive wen tuning and as I change a lot from A# B C D and E tunings it can become a real pain. The pickups can be optimized a bit to get better sound out of it and the volume button is to close to the strings and you find yourself turning down the volume as you plam-mute. Although this is easily fixable by removing the volume knob and just turning the volume down with the little metal thingy that's left. // 6

Reliability & Durability: If your a metal head, or just drunk most of the time while playing guitar this guitar is for you. It's really durable and the finish doesn't fade of chip easily at all. The strap buttons are absolutely rubbish and I have found myself wondering were my guitar had gone to many times after the strap had slipped off. I fixed that by wiring my strap onto the guitar. Would I use it in a gig? Well with a change in pickups and maybe better tuners yes. It fits right into the stage and can make quite a stand wen your playing amongst Jacksons and B.C. Richs with it's old school look. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar doesn't realy suite the music I play and is intended for more of a clean sound, but for the price Who can complain? If been playing for 2 years and now own a Ibanez. I wish I had done some more research about single coils and the tipe of music a Fender is intend for. If it was stolen I would cry for a day and move on. The thing I love about my Fender is the smoothness of it's neck and obviously it's looks. I wish it had a 24 fret neck with descent bridge and wammy bar with tuning knuts that actually work. But hey, this guitar is cheap and if your a beginer this is the perfect guitar for you if you play punk or clean stuff. // 7

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: TommyRamone!, on january 26, 2009

Features: Not sure what year this was made. I'm almost certain it was made in America. It has 21 medium frets, usual 25.5 Stratocaster scale, maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a basswood body, so it's not too heavy. The bridge is deffinetly better than the earlier 2001 model Bullet (but still isn't that great). The strings go out of tune like the wind changes direction. I got a free gig bag only because I paid cash. // 8

Sound: The feedback I get from the bridge pickup is unbearable, wich is a shame, because that's really the only pickup I use. I play punk, so I don't mind the feedback as much as say... a blues player would, but after a while you do get use to it. This guitar has a terrible sound, but it's what you would expect from a $200 guitar. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory setup was awful, everything was loose, and the action was higher than heaven itself! But it played alright after a proffessional setup. I bought this guitar instead of an Affinity Strat because I thought the bridge looked cool. It had a small ding on the lower left butt, but besides that... the finish was pretty cool (daphne blue). // 5

Reliability & Durability: Besides the strap buttons coming loose every now and then, it's fine playing Live with it. I played 3 gigs with mine, and never used my backup guitar, and nothing went wrong. If you're looking for a guitar that will last a long time, this is the last guitar I would look at. I enjoyed smashing this guitar against my amp more than playing it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play punk (Green Day, Ramones, Blink 182), and yea, it's a great punk guitar. I've been playing for three years now, I have had four guitars and this is my worst one. I bought it because I had planned to put a Seymour Duncan hot rail in the bridge position, but instead I bought a phone wich snapped in half a month later! My advice... your better of buying something a little better quility, like a Squier Standard Strat, or an Epiphone les paul. // 7

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: lao123, on august 16, 2010

Price paid: A$ 122

Purchased from: TradeMe (Second hand)

Features: 21 medium jumbo frets, maple C shape neck. Basswood body, SSS configuration, 5 way switch, master volume and 2 tone. It has a Standard Strat shape, but the body is thinner. Has the normal trem. My one came with aftermarket Jackson tuners installed by the previous owner. All you would expect from a Strat. // 9

Sound: I'm playing through a Blackstar HT-5 combo. I play pop-punk music generally, but I am getting into a bit of jazz. It has a quite bright sound, so I tend to use the neck pick-up. For clean playing it sounds very good for the price. Rolling back the volume and tone is great for a warm smooth jazz tone. Switch it to bridge and cranking my amp creates a great twangy gritty tone, but it isn't really for me. It doesn't deal with gain very well, and it is near impossible to get good chugging palm muted power chords. It is fairly noisy, but that's a given as it has single coils. I am playing to get a Seymour Duncan Invader put into the bridge for more versatility. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: As I bought this second-hand, it is a few years old and has been gigged a fair bit. The finish has quite a few scratches and dings. It seens to be rather strong though, with the inch-thick lacquer cheap guitars always get. The neck came a bit sticky and oily, so I rubbed it down a bit with a scourer pad and it has a much nicer satin feel. It is very comfortable to play. The frets are fairly worn, and I will definitely get it refretted one day. It still doesn't affect playability too much though. The big flaw with the guitar is tuning stability. It didn't come with the trem arm, so I will be getting the bridge blocked soon. The Jackson tuners seem to be stable, but the nut is quite horrific. It catches when tuning, playing a song puts the guitar noticeably out of tune. I'm getting a TUSQ nut installed which will hopefully fix this, as well as new strings. The bridge has also rusted where the saddle screws come in contact with it, making intonation difficult. // 6

Reliability & Durability: It is a very solid guitar, everything seems solid. I wouldn't play live with it without using straplocks though. I will wait to gig with this guitar till I get the tuning problems fixed and installed the humbucker though. I would happily play without a backup when the time comes. // 8

Overall Impression: At the moment, the guitar doesn't quite suit me. I bought it for modding though, and it will be getting refinished, and some different electronics, etc. I've been playing almost 7 years, and I also own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Greg Bennett D6CE acoustic. It is a very comfortable guitar to play, great for beginners and intermediate players with a few modifications. Of all budget guitars I have played, this has the best neck by far, easily compares to much more expensive guitars. When I bought it I was just looking for a cheap Strat, straight away I looked at Squier as they are great build quality for the price. My only main complaint is the nut, but that is a cheap fix. Overall a great guitar, not without it's flaws but for it's price you I bet you can't find a better Strat. // 8

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 24, 2010

Price paid: C$ 125

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Features: It was made in China in 2010, 21 jumbo frets, rosewood fingerboard. I'm gonna guess it's made of basswood for a guitar like this, and it's got a maple neck. Sunburst finish. 2 tones, 1 volume, 5way selector. S-S-S. Pretty much the Standard Strat setup. Solid beginner guitar. // 7

Sound: Well, I basically bought this guitar, well for no other reason other than I've always wanted a sunburst strat, and I had $150 to blow on a trip to Vancouver. It's the lowest quality guitar I own, however, it really doesn't sound that bad. I play through a Line 6 Spider II 75w, and it sounds pretty good. I don't play a specific genre, but the effects I use on a daily basis are straight clean and heavy distortion, sometimes just a bit of overdrive, and it's handles those all reasonably well considering the quality. It actually handles any effect you throw at it well. It does get a bit of buzz like everyone else said, but for me, I only get the buzz when I lay the guitar down on the ground. If I've got it strapped on, it's fine. When it's distorted it does buzz a fair bit but hey all guitars do a bit when they're distorted. Basically, I bought this guitar as kinda a project, buy it cheap and upgrade all the parts with expensive replacements, but I honestly would be fine with it as is, as a good gig backup. But, seeing as I have 2 other guitars I put ahead of it as backups, and then my main guitar (Ibanez RG350EX), I'm still gonna go ahead with the upgrades :P // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: It was actually set up perfectly out of the box, and it's easier to play than all my other guitars, besides the Ibanez. Everything is perfect in this aspect. The finish is beautiful. My favorite guitarist John Frusciante plays a sunburst Stratocaster, and mines nowhere near his in quality, but it still looks like that guitar which I love, minus all his strat's nicks, as it is from like '65. Haven't had it long enough to bang it off anything, but the finish still seems pretty durable. The only flaw in the finish, is that when you look at it from a certain angle, under sunlight, you can really see where the wood is glued together, but it's not noticeable otherwise, you really gotta look for it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It feels like it can withstand live playing, but I wouldn't use this one given my other options right now. The tuners seem to hold up pretty well though for a cheap guitar, they haven't gone out of tune yet on me. It's built pretty durable, so I wouldn't worry about any of that if you're a beginner, it'll work just fine for you. I'd definitely use it without a backup at a gig if I were a beginner, but again in my position, stock, I wouldn't. After I upgrade it and everything though I probably will use it for gigs, not even as a backup, but alongside my Ibanez for some songs that require a brighter sound. Finish is great. // 9

Overall Impression: For all styles of music, it holds up surprisingly well. I've been playing for almost 5 years now. My main guitar is an Ibanez RG350EX, I also own an Ibanez GRG, and a Squier Telecaster, as well as some other guitars I'm building from scratch, or ones I'm rebuilding, and this one slots somewhere in the low-middle of things at this point. But for a beginner, I'd definitely recommend it, for playability and for price. If it were stolen, I'd be angry but I probably wouldn't replace it, at least not right away. It probably looks the best out of all my guitars, so that'd be the main reason I'd be sad :P I love the sunburst finish, nothing I really hate on it. The other products I compared it to, were the same Strats, with different colours, and I chose this one because of the sunburst. I couldn't afford anything more with the money I had on my trip. I definitely wish it had better electronics, but hey, you get what you pay for, and in this case you get more than what you pay for :P Besides, the electronics will be awesome, once I upgrade it anyways. // 8

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: Ibuildum, on september 02, 2010

Features: This is the newer Chinese made Squier Bullet Strat. Solid, thinner 1 5/8"(42mm) body made of Basswood with a great looking sunburst finish (better than on a typical Mexi Standard)21 frets .103 X .046 med sized. Maple neck, rosewood fingerboard. Typical Strat style guitar with 3 single coils, volume, tone, tone controls, 5 way switch, thin single ply white pickguard.Narrow 2 1/16 string spaced Tremelo with a Steel base plate and Steel block saddles, and a TINY pot metal tremelo block. Cheap bottom of the barrel tuners.It came with a NICE heavy duty Levi's Gig Bag, all for 70 bucks.The electronics and tuners are the ONLY reason I give this portion rating a 6. // 6

Sound: I play lots of Classic Rock style original music, as well as original Blues.I can't say "It nails that (whoever) sound", because I primarily play original music. The electronics are cheap and sound that way, so I replaced them with another loaded pickguard as soon as I got it home.Having said that, remember that this guitar sells new for $119.00 shipped on Ebay, so you can't expect much.So IN RELATION TO THE PRICE PAID USED $70.00, I'll still give it a 6 for sound. If I had paid $250.00 for it I'd give it a 3. I loaded it with a calibrated set of GFS Lil Killer pickups and all American electronics (except for the jack)and now I love the way it sounds. It sustained well on it's own (unplugged) but with the new pickups, it's even better. With the new pickups, I'd give it a 9 1/2. I also made a HardTail out of it, and I think that improved the sound/sustain as well.(The little trem block is worthless) I'm probably going to get another one of these and post a youtube video showing how to make a completely reversable HardTail out of it.I had a engineer friend who is self taught in lutherie, make a bone nut for it, which brightened it up slightly. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Now, here's the category I was waiting for.I was looking for a Sunburst body to build on.This girl had it listed on Craigslist for $90.00, I offered her $70.00 over the phone before I ever touched it, because a decent Sunburst body is worth $70.00 to me.When I got there I was surprised at how good the neck played. I was actually hoping it was a little lighter in weight. Not that it's heavy, but I build featherweight guitars when ever possible. I have MANY custom builds made from primarily American, Japanese, and to a much lesser extent, other overseas sources. I'm an Allparts dealer, but still I can't touch a new body anywhere for $70.00.I decided to keep the neck and body, and to replace the tuners, loaded pickguard, and plastic nut. The action, after a little adjustment was fine and easily rivals ANY Mexi Standard I've EVER put my hands on, and I've checked out LOTS of them.I absolutely LOVE the Sunburst finish.The neck sits tight in the pocket, the action is fine, and the finish is SUPERB. So in this catagory REGAURDLESS OF THE PRICE PAID, I'll give it a 9 because it can hang with a lot of $500.00 guitars in this catagory alone. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The neck and body woods are fine just as they are and will withstand anything I can dish out. I added Sperzel tuners, so I would and DO play live with it. I get a guitar snob every once in a while who from a distance thinks the guitar sounds great, but gets up close only to ask why I would play such a cheap guitar. You know the guys I'm talking about. They buy a $600.00 Strat, then do a $400.00 overhaul on it with "Boutique" upgrades, only to end up with a guitar that doesn't look, sound, any better than mine, and MIGHT play just a TINY, TINY bit better? I'll give a 9 in this catagory. // 9

Overall Impression: Ok guys, if you like to tinker. If you really enjoy doing a little or a lot of upgrades, and you're looking for a REASONABLE base on which to start, THIS guitar is the one to do it with.Remember, I've never even done a fret leveling on this guitar.I paid $ 70.00 for the guitar, $85.00 for the pickguard and electronics, $40.00 used for the Sperzels, and $30.00 for the nut install (I don't have nut slotting files) That's a total of $215.00 in a Killer strat. A Killer Strat at an entry level price. You simply can't beat it if you don't mind doing the work yourself. If I had to pay someone else to do all the work, it would be cost prohibitive. I gotta go now. I just found another one on Craigslist for $75.00, and I gotta build another.I have 3 "E Serial Strats, 3 Protones, and 7 custom builds. These bullets are THE CHEAPEST WAY to a neat custom build.I love the guitar. Can't say I hated but SURELY didn't care for the tuners and electronics. With the mods I did I wish they had a 9 1/2. // 9

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: arrthor, on october 12, 2010

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: Kosmic

Features: Hey, This is my FIRST ever reveiw so please give me constructive comments and tips, Cheers. The Squire Bullet Stratocastor was my first guitar. Its a great guitar, I would recommend it to any beginning guitarist. I would also recommend it to an advanced guitarist who is not exactly "loaded". For the price paid it is a very good guitar. I don't know the exact year of my guitar (it was a gift for me birthday from my Dad back when I was 11 or 12). There are 21 Frets (I think they're jumbo frets, they still fit my fingers today). I can't remember the woods used as I got it when I started playing guitar and I wasn't aware of the different woods, but according to the Squire.com it should have Basswood (42mm) and the neck should be maple. The Finish is Black, plain and simple. The bridge is a Synchronous Tremolo with Cast Saddles. Passive Electronics. Volume and tone knobs, 5 way pickup selector. A hum-bucker at the bridge, and two single coils (neck and middle). As I mentioned before, I took no note of the pickup types so, again, according to the site they should be 1 Hum bucking pickup (bridge) and 2 single coil Strat (C) Pickups (neck/mid). Tuner's are standard. Came with a gig bag and strap. Just to clarify I actually have a Squire Bullet Strat HSS (all thats different is I got a hum-bucker in the bridge). // 7

Sound: This guitar suits ALL music styles (yes, even the heaviest of heavy metal). A pedal here or there may be required BUT without the fancy sounds the Strat shows versatility in both playability and electronics. I have used many different amps with this, from a simple Squire starter amp (can't remember the model, it broke a month after I got it) to a Marshall MS2. From a Fender 212R FM to a Marshall Haze. From a Microphone tied to the bridge pickup with duct tape to a massive 100w all tube power Randel head connected to twin cabinets. In all of these amps this guitar has risen to the task and played whatever genre I ask it to, from classical amplified to death metal. Noisy? Only if you want it to be. This guitar seems to know what you do and dont want by the way you set up your amp. For example, I would have it on clean and this baby would Shine through like the lights form heaven. Switch to overdrive and this beast crunches its way through riff after riff. Kick it up to overdrive II and turn up the gain; you got yourself a deadly weapon Satan himself would be scared to handle. Ripping open lick after mother f--king lick, shredding like theres no tomorrow! With the flick of the pedal your back to sparkling cleans. Versatile does not even BEGIN to describe this axe. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I cannot say whether the guitar was setup well from the factory. I know in my day I have experimented with this guitar "tweaked" it here and there. And still, when I screw it all up and I say to myself "Jimmi, you've f--ked up your guitar again!" Old Stratty looks up at me and says "Oh, forget it. We all screw up sometimes. It ain't that bad." And when I plug ol' Stratsinator in he sings like nothing happened. The only flaw in this guitar is that it is often overlooked (I myself fall guilty of this). I remember I wanted a Gibson SG so bad, I believed it was the ULTIMATE in guitars (and I will say this, it ain't a crap guitar). When I got it I dumped this axe and went to my new one. Later down the track I realised just how much this axe has done for me (you wanna know when, right now. As I right this review. It has opened my eyes to the true beauty of my Stratocastor). Of course, nowadays all the kids want their EMGs and Floyd Roses and what not. Thats all cool, but this guitar is PERFECT for a beginner and with a little customization can shit all over these so called "super strats". Only real issue is the input jack comes loose a bit (not to bad, just requires a little tightening now and then. Although I think this is unique to my guitar). // 7

Reliability & Durability: If this guitar can withstand by tantrums at beginning guitar and my ruthless attempts at customization is can survive anything (well, except being played by the who)! The Hardware will last a good time, but like all guitars it will need a setup later down the road. Strap buttons also need a little tightening now and then. You could rely on it at a gig without backup, only dangers being a broken string or faulty cable. But as long as this guitar is shown some loving and treated well with regular "check ups" (checks for things that may need to be repaired or set up). The finish is really good. I remember when I first started my lessons my teacher gave me a copy of his Iron Man by Black Sabbath song book and I literally sweated over the solo. It killed me. My brain was tired and so were my fingers, and still the neck is fine and playable and the paint hasn't even showed signs of wearing any time soon. // 8

Overall Impression: I have a wide style of music, mainly Blues, Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal and Rock and Roll. This guitar could handle any of those genres. I have been playing for about two years now and I own three other guitars (A classical, Gibson SG, and Epiphone Tribute Les Paul 2010). I wish I had asked "Will this guitar be suitable for me for all my guitar career?" That way I would have spent less time saving up for the "dream guitar" or the "perfect guitar" (come on, we've all got one) that stares us in the eye every time we walk past it, but the tough thing is when we get that guitar and we play it and we love it; there's another one right next to it. If it were stolen or lost I would eventually buy another one. It wouldn't be high on my to do list as I have two other electrics that are sufficient but eventually I would buy it again, might get single coils in the bridge the second time round. There's not much I hate about it, I remember when i started I hated ALL guitars (mainly this one coz I owned it) because I couldn't play the songs I wanted to. I love its versatility, its "Yes Man" factor as I call it. It will play whatever, whenever. I compared it to a couple of Fenders (of course when it got to the higher priced fenders I stopped there, that was out of my Squires league). I have also compared it in sound to other brands such as ESP (and their copy guitars as well) and Gibson and Epiphone. I wish it had coil splitters, that would be good. And I would also like it if some of the Bullet Strats came with floyd rose, that way more metal players would buy this and realize how awesome it is. // 7

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: Jusamies, on november 04, 2010

Price paid: € 105

Features: Made in: China Frets: 21 (jumbo?) Neck: bolt-on maple Fretboard: rosewood laminated top Colour: fiesta red Body Style: Statocaster (obviously... it's a Bullet STRAT) Bridge: string-thru body with whammy bar Electronics: Volume, 2 tone, 5-way switch Pickups: Stock Tuners: No idea. Not Strat tuners though. Whammy and truss rod adjustment tools included // 8

Sound: This axe is extremely versatile. I like to play nearly anything: rock, blues, heavy metal... It does the job in anything. It especially rules the world in blues. I use it with Vox DA5. It sounds very good, and if it doesn't, I add some gain and nobody notices. I especially love it on the crunch model. You can get a huge spectrum of sounds by tweaking the tone pots. Be careful when using the neck pickup though. If the sound isn't clear, just adjust the tone. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know much about setting up a guitar, but I know what I like. The strings were not too high above the frets, and that's about all I care about. Pickups were not really straight, but that's about all. No problems except poor strings and possibly slightly below-mediocre tuners, but I can live with those for a while. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I haven't done any gigs, but I guess it would last a few. It looks quite solid. In fact, I think that I have one extra reason not to thrash it (besides that I cannot afford a new guitar after each gig): I would look stupid trying to get the damn thing broken. The finish seems to last for a while too. Everything is good and solid. // 10

Overall Impression: It suits me extremely well. I've been playing guitar for about a year now, and this is just, what I need. I couldn't really ask anything, 'cause I bought it online. Is it was stolen/lost, i'd check all the lost property offices, then save for a new one. This is overall a great beginner guitar. I only wish I had a distortion pedal for this. // 8

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: DisasterMatt, on november 16, 2010

Purchased from: Firehouse Guitars and Music

Features: Made in 2008 (I think.) 21 Frets (I think...) Decent sized frets. Body is Basswood, Neck is maple on the back and rosewood on the fretboard. Body style is Strat (obviously) with normal 6-point Strat trem. Passive electronics. Volume, 2 tone, 5 way selector. 3 single coils. Decent tuners, no included accessories. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of Nirvana and Seether. With the right effects, it sounds fine. I use a Boss DS-1 with a super sexy Fender Frontman 65R. It sounds almost like a Fender. It's a little noisy on the 1st, 3rd and 5th positions, like most strats under 500 bucks. Full sound, and bright enough sound. It can do almost everything, twang, grunge, blues, etc. It can also be easily modified, since, you know, it's a strat. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Well set-up, good action. The pickups were adjusted decently. Everything's routed okay. It didn't have any flaws, and my uncle (who's been playing guitar for around 20 years) looked at it on the first day and said "that's a pretty straight neck." the only problem is a wobbly output jack, but that can be adjusted. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This would definitely get you through a lot of gigs. I think the hardware would last a LONG time. The strap buttons are excellent. It's my #2 guitar (first is my first guitar I ever got) I would surely use it on a gig without a backup. The finish is sexy and seems like it would last. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Nirvana, it's a great match. Kurt Cobain played Fenders. I've been playing for a year and a half. it was my first good guitar. I own Konas, Epiphones, and a custom guitar, and this thing is surely my best Strat (out of 2 of them. the other one cost me $250.) If it were stolen, I'd either beat the crap out of the thief or buy a new one, I love these things (although I'd probably buy the HSS version.) I love its whole being. I only hate its neck, it cramps my hand after a while. My favorite feature is the tuners. They're extremely smooth. I never compared it to any others. I chose this because it was cheap, and it was a strat. I don't wish it had anything else, I love this thing. // 10

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: j-falafel, on december 14, 2010

Features: This guitar was made last year and I got it last year, but it's not even a year old yet. It was made in China. It features 21 jumbo frets on a rosewood fingerboard, a basswood body with black finish in the likeness of a stratocaster, a synchronized tremolo, two tone knobs and one volume knob along with three single-coil pickups and a 5-way switcher. It didn't come with a gig bag or anything, just a pick or two. // 7

Sound: For what this guitar is, it's pretty under rated. This guitar has a great sound for almost any style. I play mostly metal music, but I go to some punk sometimes for stuff like earlier AFI, Green Day, Misfits, etc. And it handles all of them like a dream. The strings it came with were good, it was well-tuned out of the box, and suits me well, as it was my first guitar. I play every variation of metal, and it handles them well. I learned most songs on this guitar that I know. I use it sometimes with my Line 6 Spider IV 15 amp, and it's pretty amazing sounding. Although now that I have my Jackson Warrior, I use the Squier with my DigiTech RP155 FX pedal, and it sounds perfect. It isn't noisy, I don't find. No hums, or anything. This guitar handles alot of different sounds well, especially on my RP155. I recorded some tracks with it and it sounds pretty awesome. The bridge pickup has a nice twangy kind of sound clean, and its pretty sharp and in-your-face, whereas on clean the neck pickup has a nice, full, warm sound that's perfect for Metallica. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was well set-up, didn't have any problems with the action, no fret buzz, no complaints. The pickups were well adjusted, and I haven't adjusted them to this day. The bridge was well-routed, and it doesn't give me a hard time. The guitar doesn't have many problems. The high E tuning peg comes loose pretty often, as does the input jack, the pickup selector makes noise when switching, and the finish on the body is pretty thin, causing a dent even with a pretty slight hit to it, but other than that no problems. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar sure is a trooper when playing live. There's no hum, except when switching pickups, which is good since I don't usually Switch pickups often, and the input jack stays in place mostly. The hardware will last, as it shows no sign of rust or corrosion. The strap buttons have never come loose, and I play this thing like every day, and they seem really durable. I can depend on this guitar, I'll never sell it and I would use it at a gig with no backup, I trust it won't fail me. The finish, as I mentioned, is pretty thin, but battle scars are cool. // 9

Overall Impression: As I have said, I'm a metal guitarist and this is a good match for that, but not the best seeing as the Strat is more of a classic rock guitar. I've been playing only for a year and this guitar hasn't yet failed me. This summer I got a Jackson Warrior which is my pride and joy and I play the hell outta that thing, but this guitar can still count on me coming home for a long jam with it. I would've asked if it came with a whammy bar before getting it, but I do not want one without a Floyd. Or a double-locking tremolo. If this guitar were stolen or lost, I wouldn't go buy another one because all my money would have been spent tracking down the f***** that stole this amazing guitar. I love almost everything about this guitar, the only exceptions are the weird hardware like the input jack and the high E tuning peg, and the easy greening of the neck's wood. My favorite thing about this guitar is... The fact that it isn't a Fender. I love this guitar, and the fact that it's NOT a Fender makes me happy because I can be someone who actually plays a Squier and loves it, unlike anyone who will jump at the chance to get a new guitar (OK I admit it, I did, but that was because I love trying new things.). I wish this guitar has a Floyd Rose and a whammy bar so I could do some intense soloing on it, and also the input jack to be less loose, but that's it. // 10

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: timmyeb, on december 14, 2010

Features: Alrighty, Squier Bullet Strat... made in 2009 im assuming in china? 21 lil frets, pretty nice looking 3 tone sunburst finish, rosewood fretboard, whammy bar, 3 single coils, 5 way selector, typical cheap Strat you guys know the score. Pretty great features for such a cheap guitar. // 8

Sound: The Strat sounds pretty damn good at times. I've gotten some awesome sounds out of the neck and middle pickups mainly, the bridge seems to sound like complete shit. There's also alot of buzz when I set it to the bridge pickup or the middle by itself. That said, I've managed to work miracles of tone with this thing, not too shabby. If you're gonna play with more than a little overdrive though don't even bother playing chords though. Straight mud. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was actually set up pretty damn well too. Strings pretty low to the fretboard but I got used to it. Really easy guitar to pick up and play. Looks really nice too, the finish is a real deep classic sunburst that doesn't look cheap at all. If I was just looking at a Mexi Strat and a Bullet and couldn't see the names on the headstocks I might not be able to tell which one should cost 500$! No flaws that I could see. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have never played this guitar in a live setting, and have no plans to. The only thing I really use it for is recording experiments and just a beater to sit around the house and play. The guitar feels like its ready to fall apart sometimes. The strap buttons are screwed in pretty solid, and the hardware seems to be set in rather well. I would MAYBE use this guitar as a backup live if I needed another guitar, which I haven't yet, or maybe if I needed a guitar with single coils live. The main issue with the guitar however is that it has a lot of trouble staying in tune. Sometimes when I use the whammy bar or do any intense string bending it'll go right out of tune. Sometimes it'll stay in tune for hours and hours of playing though. Strange. Not the most reliable or durable guitar in the world for sure. // 6

Overall Impression: Not only is it an entry level guitar, but it's THE entry level guitar. It is for a reason though, it's a great starter guitar for sure! I would definitely recommend a Bullet Strat to anyone thinking about learning how to play. They are super comfortable and easy to pick up and play. They also offer a few options for someone new to the axe (a whammy bar, 5 different pickup choices, etc.). If this guitar were stolen from me or lost I would probably kinda miss it, and then buy a used mexi or american sunburst Strat with a maple fretboard. Hmm... maybe someone should steal it from me? // 8

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: katalyzt13, on january 06, 2011

Purchased from: online

Features: This Squier Bullet Stratocaster was made in China in 2010. This is a sunburst finish with a SSS pickup configuration. The Bullet is made with a basswood Strat style body and a maple neck with a rosewood Fretboard. The Bullet has all the Standard Stratocaster features - 2 tone knobs, 1 volume and a 5 way pickup selector. The tone knobs control the middle and neck pickup - there is not a tone knob for the bridge pickup. This is a sunburst finish with a white single ply pickguard. The guitar looks nice. This has a Vintage style tremolo bridge. The body is slightly slimmer than your average stratocaster. The single coils are, of course, passive and the make/model of the pickups is not published, as these seem to just be wound specifically for the Bullet. The tuners are non-locking and barely adequate. The accessories included were the tremolo arm for the bridge, and a few Allen wrenches. The trem block on this guitar is tiny. I would have liked to have received a cheap canvas gig bag and a few extra tremolo springs with this guitar, but again, this is a 119$ Stratocaster and the neck and body are solid. Also, while I haven't had any problems with them, the strap buttons look under-sized to me. I would really have to watch the wear on my straps and either put strap locks on or make sure I'm using a newer canvas strap all the time so the holes don't stretch out enough to dump the guitar on the floor. // 6

Sound: This is a 119$ guitar and you have to keep this in mind. Will this compare to a Fender Standard MIM Strat? No. We would be comparing this to all the cheap Strat clones out there, and in that comparison this guitar holds up well. The pickups are better than I expected them to be. I've been told how these pickups seem lifeless, dead, etc., but I felt like for a 99$ strat, these pickups were very passable. For a beginner to a novice, these pickups are acceptable. I played this through several amp simulation programs, I played this through a Line 6 Spider, a small generic battery powered amp and played through a Dunlop Crybaby Wah and an Ibanez Delay pedal. Also, I played this through several simulated effects via USB. This guitar can play most styles/genres without a hiccup. Of course, as you get into playing heavier music - such as Megadeth, etc. - you have to spend more time on the dials to find a good sound. It handles country, blues, classic rock and modern rock without any extra effort required. The pickups are not especially noisy for single coils. There is some noise at the bridge, middle and neck positions, but mainly on the bridge position. This hum can be easily reduced by shielding the pickup cavities in the body. Also, the pickups as I said before are passable for a beginner to novice, but if you are not satisfied with the pickups it is so easy to drop a new set in this guitar. To me, the pickups seemed like they take on the character of the amp they are ran through more than having any innate character of their own which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I look at this guitar like a very solid neck and body, which you can slowly upgrade as necessary as you need more from this axe. Or you can leave it just like it is if you are happy with the sound...it isn't really BAD, it is just a 119$ guitar, though very very good for a 119$ guitar. Also, I wasn't expecting much in the way of sustain on this guitar, but I was surprised that the sustain was slightly better than what I expected. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: A friend bought this guitar as their first electric (sight unseen, over the internet) and then left it with me for a while to set up for them and check it out in general. I've probably put in a full 24 - 36 hours of playing this guitar. The action on this Bullet was playable from the box. From my understanding the Bullet is inconsistent in set up and QA in general from the factory/warehouse. This one must have been the Diamond in the rough because the factory set up was NICE and the intonation was spot on. I ended up lowering the saddles just a very very tiny bit and re-adjusting the intonation after playing for several hours and that wasn't really necessary, I just like the action as low as I can get it without buzz. The finish was flawless, the rosewood on this fretboard was beautiful the rosewood was so consistently dark it looks more like an ebony fretboard than rosewood. The Bullet is extremely comfortable to play both sitting down and standing up. The neck has a very slender C profile which was very surprising to me. The neck is comfortable and fast. The tremolo bridge came with 3 springs and it is very stiff, but a lot of this is due to it being new. I am hesitant to take a spring off until it wears in to see if it corrects itself. The tremolo bridge does pull the guitar out of tune if you attempt anything even in the direction of a dive-bomb, etc. The tuning seemed to hold up fairly well when I was just using the whammy bar to put a little shake on the tail of some notes/chords, but anything more than that and it pulled right out of tune. I think it is due to these cheap strings it ships with, the nut and the string trees. The tuning keys seem to be adequate, although the tuning key for the G string seems loose in the mechanism; the string stays in tune so maybe it is in my head. The strings seem to be really cheap, and replacing the strings with some Ernie Ball strings may fix some of the tuning stability issues. Again, unless you use the tremolo bridge the tuning seems to be pretty stable. I forgot to mention this before, but the neck pocket seems tight and is a good fit. A few of the screws holding the pickguard on seemed very slightly at an angle, but this is so very slight I'm not even sure they are crooked. // 7

Reliability & Durability: As far as reliability and durability, I have some thoughts on this Bullet. I think this is off the shelf a very good beginner's guitar, and I think it is comparable with some guitars up to 300$ or so. What I really like about the Bullet is that it is very upgradeable and it seems like you could theoretically stick with it for quite a while with very little monetary investment. It really feels like it is built tough and it is a comfortable guitar, and besides that, everything else is fluff. You can easily replace anything you aren't happy with, etc. The body is routed so you can put humbuckers in if you want. The after market Strat parts are so abundant and affordable you could customize this Bullet in so many different ways it is amazing, really. If I were to gig with a Bullet, first I would probably replace the bridge saddles, I would replace the nut and string trees with Graphtec, I would probably put some GFS Alnico V pickups in it, and it would be good to go. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of brand name snobbery when it comes to stratocasters. This is a classic design, it is built sturdy and comfortable and is very playable. It is very gig-worthy with just a few upgrades. It would be a great instrument with the right upgrades, but it is still a good beginner instrument as is. // 9

Overall Impression: I like this guitar. Like I said before, I have just been checking this out for a friend of mine, but now I plan to buy one as a project guitar. I'm curious to see if the consistency issue is still an issue, or if possibly Squier/Fender have taken some steps to insure a more consistent quality product. This isn't a Fender Stratocaster, and you can't really compare it to one (at least not as is out of the box), but for what it is, at the price and quality, I give this a 10 all the way. // 10

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: pepsiblue32, on february 03, 2011

Features: 2008 COB-China, 21 Medium Jumbo Frets, Maple Neck and Rosewood fingerboard. It has an Artic White finish, which is closer to a Banana Paste Yellow (looks really awesome though). Standard passive electronics, volume, two tone, 5 way selector. Non-locking tuners. The only accessories I got were some tools for adjusting the bridge and the truss rod. // 8

Sound: I play mostly blues, gospel, reggae and heavy rock. I'm pretty much all over the place, but with a good pedal this can cover all that and more. I'm running through a Kustom 100 watt amp on a clean channel. Neck pickup is nice and warm, with distortion it gets a good bite, great for blues. The bridge can get a decent palm mute tone with the right pedal and tone. Top marks. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup perfect from the factory. No adjustments needed, except minor intonation and switching gauges. Pickups were good, nut was cut great...the only issue was a bit of a noisy pickup selector from the neck to the neck/middle position. Frets were excellent, none hanging over the edge at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've been playing this guitar live at my church for about 3 years now, and it's withheld 3 times a week for 2+ hours. No tuning problems at all, bridge is clamped to the body. I feel very comfortable using this as my main and only guitar, if need be. The finish chips a bit easy on the back, just be careful where you swing it when you move it into your case. // 9

Overall Impression: For my style of music, it's a perfect match. I've been playing guitar for roughly 2 years, and I also have a Mexican Strat. This Squier is just a hair below the Mexican if only because I prefer Maple Necks. If I lost it, I would go back and buy a new one right away. Do yourself a favor and pickup one of these. It's great with 10s to be a Eb Standard guitar for your favorite Metallica, Rise Against and Alice in Chains tunes! // 9

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: Guru.Guitar.Boy, on march 15, 2011

Features: Made in China(unlike most others), jumbo frets(21), maple neck, rosewood fingerwood, laminated top and a finish that has lasted me 3 years without a chip, not so good tuners(non locking), 5 way selector with 3 single coils, it didn't come with anything else. // 8

Sound: When I started playing I played bluesy, grunge-ish and RHCP styled music and it suits that style perfectly. I couldn't have possibly gotten a better beginners guitar. Yet as I became older(currently 13) I progressed more to metal but like I said it fits everything perfectly except metal, or very clean jazz. The single-coils give you a nice twangy clean sound but are a very noisy(especially the Bridge pup but what can be expected?). // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly when I got it. The pick-ups were at the perfect height, the frets were perfectly in place and everything else was just right. The finish lasted me quite a while but after 3 years I've got 2 chips in it but thats my fault because of being careless. Overall good impression in terms of "Action. Fit & Finish". // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is where the guitar really let me down. It would definately not withstand live playing. Everything is lasting except the pick-ups, they have become bland and boring. The song sucks now compared to when I got it. The thing about this Bullet Strat is is that its unpredictable. 2 of my friends have the exact same guitar. Mine (did)sound amazing but my frind's guitars sounded crappy. I played both of them through my amp but mine sounded 5 times better. // 5

Overall Impression: Overall impression? This guitar did have so much potential but Fender screwed it up with cheap pick-ups and tuners(and I think anyone would happily pay the little bit extra money for them) If I had the oppertunity to buy anything else before I git this it would probably some Schecter/Ibanez or Jackson. If it were stolen... ... I would thank the person because my mom and dad would have to buy me a new guitar. // 6

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: zackparr17, on may 03, 2011

Purchased from: Nottingham Drum and Guitar Centre

Features: This guitar is made in china, and I think mine was made in 2009. It has 21 frets and I think they are medium jumbo. It has a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a Standard Stratocaster block tremolo and the pickup configuration is SSS, and the middle pickup is reverse wound so that there is no buzz then the 5 way selector Switch is in position 2 and 4. // 9

Sound: I ave to say that for such a cheap guitar, it sounds very nice. I use it with a Fender Mustang I and the cleans sound clear and when the selector Switch is in the 2nd and 4th position, you can play rock and even metal, without the loud buzz you normally get from single coil pickups. It definately suits me for my style which is rock to some metal. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it, the action was nice and low, but I think that was done by the shop that I brought it from. But for some reason the pickups are at thesame height as the pickguard. After around 6 months, the nut snapped, but it was easily fixed. Overall it was ok. But what do you expect from a guitar under 100?:) // 7

Reliability & Durability: I think that this guitar would withstand live playing, although I would always take a back up just incase, because you never know what will happen live. If I had a 2000 Gibson I'd still take a back up. The finish looks pretty solid, although the tuners seem a bit flimsy, but they do the job. The strap buttons are really sturdy. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a very good guitar for the money and if your lucky like me and get a good one, there's no need to pay 700+ for a Standard fender, because with a few tweaks, this could make a realy nice axe. These guitars are really good for a base for a top axe. I think that with new tuners, a new nut and maybe new pickups, you could have the makings of a Fender.:) // 9

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: Semperfidelis23, on february 28, 2012

Purchased from: Music store in mobile Al

Features: Squier Strat, Made in 2010, 21 frets, 2 tone dials, 1 volume knob, 5 way pickup selector switch. Mine was finished black with white pickguard. It came with a classic 2 point tremolo. Came with 3 Standard Squier single coil pickups. Tuners are die cast, I don't know what brand. Didn't come with any accessories. // 9

Sound: So I play mostly 80s metal, (judas priest, queensryche), but my band also dabbles in death metal, blues, prog rock, prog metal, etc. This guitar works for all those, it has good flexibility, as far as tone goes. I play it through a Peavey Vypyr 15, and I can get any tone I want out of it. I've drop tuned it with 11 gauge strings, down to drop b, and it worked ok, but I keep my tuning in standard or drop D. I Ike the neck, it's nice and smooth for bending and leads. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up was ok, I played with it for about 3 weeks, just to get a feel for it, but the action needed to be lowered, and I dropped the middle pup all the way down, cause it got in the way of my picking. The finish was perfect, no flaws or anything. Pups were fine, like I said, I just dropped the middle one. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar seems perfectly fine, my sister threw a chair at me once and it hit my Strat and chipped it a tiny bit, but that's it. I've hit the headstock on almost everything in my practice room, my friends houses, and my drummers kit. No damage. Other than the chip, the only other thing is my the frets has very faint scratches on them up at the 12th and 21 frets from bending, but you really have to search for them. It will definitely withstand gigging, I'll probably gig with it now, cause I put a custom pickguard on it. I would take a backup with it though, cause you never know, plus my band switches turnings a lot. Strap buttons have never let me down, but I don't swing my guitar a lot, I do more with my body than my guitar when I'm playing. // 9

Overall Impression: It is not a perfect match for my style, but it's very good. I plan to switch out the bridge single coil for an EMG HZ, since the body's for the HSS and SSS are the same. I've been playing for over 2 years, I also own a B.C. Rich Avenge, I usually play that, but it doesn't do blues well. If it were stolen or lost, I would not buy another, I would hunt mine down, because I put a custom pickguard on and red strings, I love the way it looks. I wish it had more frets, but most Fenders/Squires only have 21. // 8

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: hi :), on april 27, 2012

Purchased from: amazon

Features: No accessories come with this guitar, but it can if you want to. There is 21 frets and the fret board is maple wood. The body is bolted on. The finish is basically flat black with white in the middle. Controls: 2 tone knobs, 1 volume knob and 5-way selector. This guitar was designed in the USA and built in china. The neck is quite flat. 6 strings. (Lol I suck at knowing where the parts of the guitar came from) erm... I think the bridge is a standard Fender bridge. Am I wrong... Ok I will move on now. // 8

Sound: It sounds great, the guitar is mainly for light rock, but it really does sound good for heavy metal songs as well, but I would suggest an Ibanez if you want a guitar to play decent heavy metal. I use the Cry Baby wah pedal which the sound is pretty much decent with the guitar. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The bridge is routed properly, your able to put a whammy bar on it. There is no rust on the metal, the quality of the wood is brilliant the pickups doesn't leave any buzzing noises and picks up guitar noises well. The body is bolted on, in total the guitar is in high quality. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is more than just reliable, its amazingly trustworthy, I can go in front of a audience of a thousond people and not worry the slightest about the guitar messing the whole thing up. I can take this guitar to a gig without a backup, the strap buttons are solid and this guitar can withstand live playing depending on how the amplifier settings. // 9

Overall Impression: The style of music I play is alternative rock and metal (for example Bullet For My Valentine and Slipknot), the guitar can just about reach the standards of these music, but I've seen better. I have been playing the guitar for nearly 1 year, there is nothing I wished to ask before buying this product. If I lost my guitar or some annoying burgler stole my guitar I would definitely buy it again (personally I wouldn't let any burgler near it I would be heart broken without that guitar). I love almost everything about the guitar, I mean, the quality is excellent, dude. I don't really hate anything, but I wish the sound quality of heavy metal was a little bit better, but its still amazing. My favourite feature of it is just having it. I don't have another product to compare to yet. // 9

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: MAGGOTCFH, on may 14, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar center

Features: (First of all the information that I'm gonna put here is about how the Squier was before I modded it by putting Seymour Duncans and changing the wiring and tuning keys and bridge, etc). This guitar was made in 2010 and was designed in the USA but crafted in China. I modded the hell out of this thing for pro sounds but before the mods its was still an okay guitar. The wood is made of basswood and it has a smooth sunburst finish. There are two different pickup styles (HSS and SSS) mine is an HSS by the way. Before I changed the tuners the guitar would come out of tune but only slightly. It came with a strap and a gig bag. // 6

Sound: I have a Dean I play metal on but I play my classic rock music on this. This guitar sounds good thru my Marshall Haze MHZ15 full stack. Before I modded it the pickups were very noisy. Especially the bridge pickup. The guitar is perfect for blues and classic rock, Its not bad for metal but it will produce a very stock sound though. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up very well. The action was at the perfect height and the pickups were adjusted a little high but that is an easy fix. The wiring was crappy so I changed most of it and it was very buzzy on the bridge pickup. The tuning machines always rattled until I tightened those. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This thing will withstand live playing but if you been playing for a while I would suggest changing the pickups like I did. This guitar might come out of tune easier if you drop to down tunings often. I wouldn't use it without a backup because even the most expensive guitar can have a problem occur so I always bring a backup guitar no matter what. This thing looks like it will last awhile. // 10

Overall Impression: I play classic rock on this thing and a lot of Jimi Hendrix. I've been playing for about 16 years and originally bought this guitar to experiment with modding it. It actually sounds better than my real Fender since I put better Seymour Duncans in it. (Not knowing that it would sound better) This thing sounds good through my Marshall full stack and it sounds good through my Line 6 Spider II 150 watt half stack. // 9

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 10, 2012

Price paid: € 99

Purchased from: Musik Produktiv Germany

Features: Nice clean China made Strat-model with 21 frets and 3 single-coils. Mine came in Olympic white (kinda creamy white). Wood isn't all that good, but I suppose that comes with the price. It's also a nice guitar to upgrade with other pickguards/tuners/etc, respray your neck with Vintage amber and so on... // 7

Sound: For the price it sounds good, thin but good. It could use a pickup upgrade with more expensive types, but for this price it sounds very well. I have never understood the upgrading pickup hype, I have never ever had a person in the crowd at a concert come up to me and telling me; OOOHHH that Seymour Duncan sounded sooo good hahaha (its all in the fingers people). I'm playing through a Line 6 POD HD300 into a Bugera V55 head (through effects return, so the Bugera's pre amp is shut down). I can make the Squier sound very rich and also very fat sounding. No issues with humming (with a POD HD its very simple to eliminate hum etc.) To my ears it sounds like a Stratocaster (purists may disagree). // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory setup was very very very poor... The neck had a nice curve in it when it arrived, the bow in the neck was way too curved upward (at first I thought "I didn't order a hockeystick on a Strat body or did I..." hahaha). Action was waaaayyy too high, and sounded very crappy without amp. Took me half a day to set up properly. Finish was good, but lots o dents in the headstock. // 2

Reliability & Durability: It will definitely withstand a live gig without backup. The white finish looks very Vintage correct, and can very well be used to age/relic your guitar. Only thing is that you have to set it up properly once in a while (like other guitars, but this one needs some more attention). They say its a beginner guitar, but as a beginner setting up a guitar isn't that easy to do correctly, so I would say that this is more a guitar for the somewhat experienced players to the fully experienced ones among us. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly (classic) rock, so the Strat suits me very well for the sounds of it (the Line 6 Pod and the tubes in my amp are doing the most part of my sound. I've been playing for 20 years now, had a lot of guitars; cheapos and very expensive ones, but I've discovered in the years that if you put some TLC to your instrument, and set it up properly, it doesn't matter which guitar you handle(cheap or expensive ones) you can always make em sound good (and like I said: its all in the fingers, and your settings of your amp, effects, etc.) and tadaaaa: you will never sound as your favorite guitar player on CD, unless you have a studio with equipment worth 50.000 bucks in your backyard or when your name is Rick Rubin or something like that. // 9

Bullet Strat Reviewed by: BughsoftheWorld, on october 22, 2012

Purchased from: UK

Features: I bought this guitar towards the end of 2011. It was crafted in China. It is made from rosewood and has about 22 frets. The shape is decent and is a simple but decent design with good finish. It comes with two tone controls and a volume control which, all of which is necessary. It has 3 HSS Pick ups and brilliant tremolo bar system. Overall some very good features. // 9

Sound: It gives the necessary sound but has nothing special. However the setting, when altered, does give a decent variety of sounds. After it started encountering ground noise issues, as well as input jack problems, there were huge amounts of feedback being produced. Nonetheless, the Strat gives some nice overdrive and clean sounds. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was worked brilliantly after purchase. Has a minor flaw close to the 13th fret on the 2nd string, where when it's played, gives out a very unclear sound. The bottom e string is a tad bit buzzy, but hardly an issue. The guitar has a good finish, nice shape and overall well designed. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is what's let me down. The input jack for this guitar is very poorly assembled and manufactured. It becomes loose to frequently and the wiring inside causes sound problems at times such as feedback or no sound at all coming from the guitar. Furthermore, the guitar also has a serious ground noise issue. This all happened and escalated about 4 months after purchase. Whenever the guitar has a minor bang/hit on a wall or on the floor or something, the sound stops working, and start producing a lot of feedback. I have to hit it a few times near the volume knobs to get it working again. I've played two gigs with it, and it's been fine. However, the issue has deteriorated significantly since, and I have to be extra careful, ensuring that it doesn't hit on anything. Also, some of the screws, especially in the pick guard and the back plate are extremely tight, so tight that it broke my screw driver, when I tried to open it up. // 5

Overall Impression: Overall, it was pretty good while it lasted for the first 6 or 7 months. I've had it for year now, but I think it's pretty awful now. It is a very unreliable guitar after the first 6 months. If it was stolen/lost, I would definitely not buy it again. Instead I'm going for an Epiphone. To be fair, I only started learning the ELECTRIC last year, but have been learning the classical guitar for several years. It was a good guitar to start off with, but you would definitely want a new one as you progress.

// 7

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Vintage Modified Telecaster Custom 6.8 Electric Guitars 10/28/2014