Classic Vibe 60's Telecaster Custom Review

9.6
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Classic Vibe 60's Telecaster Custom Reviewed by: ilikekfc, on february 11, 2013

Purchased from: PMT

Features: First thing this guitar is amazing, I do not know when it was made but they are a fairly new series so not that long ago but I do know that it was made in China in the Samick factory. I think the body is alder and the neck is definitely maple with a rosewood fretboard. It is a 21 fret neck and it is the modern c shape neck which suits me perfectly. It has a lovely finish to it and the binding is lovely, it has good sturdy tuners and strap buttons. The string through bridge is great and I have changed the saddles to authentic Fender brass ones to get the true sound the standard steel ones could not. It is the standard Tele electronics, there is not really anything I can say bad here. // 10

Sound: Now, the sound, its fantastic, with out a doubt the best sounding single coils you can get from a 300 pound guitar, its just amazing, the neck pickup is a little muddy at times but overall its just great, being single coils obviously it is noisy, it picks up a lot of sounds that are annoying but what do you expect, they are single coils. This guitar can pretty much get any sound you want, it works perfectly for me and I can Imagine it will for anyone else, except for super heavy metal and all that sort of stuff. I use it through a Vox AD120VTH and honestly I can't think of a better combo. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it, it was set up well, intonation was spot on and action was not too bad but I prefer it much lower. The strings it came with were horrible, they just sounded crap, that's all I can say. The pickups were set alright but raising the bridge pickup allowed more of that proper Tele 'twang' which is just unbeatable. The cut outs for everything are flawless and even with out the mint green pick-guard it looks great. The nut is placed brilliantly, the only downfall is the noisy selector switch but that could be just my one, still, its annoying and the pots are great, no noise and they are super fast. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand playing live, in fact I think it could withstand a drop from the roof of the house its just so sturdy. I would still take a back up because you never know when luck is gonna turn on you. The hard-where is going to last and the strap buttons are just solid as a brick and the finish is just amazingly strong, it has been knocked around (not by me though) and it has not had a mark pit on it, but like I mentioned before, the selector switch is a bit of an annoyance but you get used to it, I'll replace it. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the perfect guitar for anyone from beginners to pro's, it's just so good, better than most Mexican Fenders that you pay more for and it looks super cool. I have been playing for about 6 years now and this is just amazing, blows my Squier Standard out of the water and the Fender Standards. I play classic rock mainly but I play blues, country and rockabilly. If it was stolen or lost I would be broken but because its a Squier and because its such a brilliant guitar I would just buy another one. I don't think there is such thing as a better guitar for around 300 pounds and I tell you now that it is fabulous. // 10

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ S-73 7.9 Electric Guitars 07/21/2014