Deluxe Stratocaster QMT Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 09/08/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Squier: Deluxe Stratocaster QMT
Squier's Quilt Top Stratocaster guitar features a classic Antique Burst alder body with a stunning quilt maple top, plus a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, three single-coil alnico pickups, two-point tremolo bridge, five-way switching and a white pearl pichguard.
review (1) 35 comments vote for this gear:
Deluxe Stratocaster QMT Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 08, 2006

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

Features: The Deluxe Stratocaster is a 2004 special edition Squier with an impressive figured maple top (flame or quilted) and white pearl pickguard. Finishes like this are typically seen on guitars costing 10 times as much. It is an amazing value, and it's a real Fender-designed Stratocaster! These special-run instruments are a cut above the rest in visual appeal. // 9

Sound: As a hobby I enjoy playing classic rock and punk style music. I accompany this guitar with a Line 6 amp. This guitar has clean high and lows with a decent sustain. I did have problems with the tremelo springs making a buzzing sound after striking the fourth and fifth stings. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Contrary to the other reviews, I had many problems with this guitar. My first one had a lot of fret buzz and razor sharp frets. Also, the finish looked as though there was hair line cracks beneath the surface. After returning this for a replacement, I recieved another guitar with a more finished fret board but a bunch more fret buzz. I decided to repair this rather than to return. Even after correcting and refinishing the fret board I was still left with an uncorrectable high action. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This is a very durable guitar. This guitar will definately withsatnd live playing. All parts seem solid and long lasting. All the tunners and strap buttons seem sturdy enough to play live. I can depend on this guitar. I was quite suprised how thick the finish was. After hitting it against bookshelfs and cabinets, I got away with only a few minor dings. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar for a begginer. Prior to buying this I was pricing out Les Pauls. For the money and features the Strat is worth it. I seemed to have an easier time playing with the LPs though. I purchased this guitar from the internet after trying one at the local guitar shop. Be careful, the internet will not always give you a show room condition stat. // 7

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Vintage Modified Telecaster Custom 6.8 Electric Guitars 10/28/2014