Esprit Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 05/02/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Squier: Esprit
The Esprit is a modern redesign of a Fender bearing the same name and is a chambered, carved-top electric that allows for both solidbody and semi-hollow tones. Featuring a bound Mahogany body and set-neck, two satin Duncan Designed humbucking pickups and platinum hardware the Esprit is a gorgeous, sophisticated-looking, fast-playing double cutaway electric from the top name in value Squier.
 8.6
 9.2
review (1) 19 comments vote for this gear:
Esprit Reviewed by: GGBrocker, on may 02, 2007

Purchased from: MF

Features: The Squier Master Series Esprit is made in Korea. Mine was made in 2006 and has a walnut satin finish. There are only a limited number made. It was only made for 1 year. It has 22 frets and a medium neck with a rosewood fretboard. It is a semi hollowbody guitar with a carved top. The top half of the body is a Les Paul Double Cut and the bottom half is a ES-335. It has a chrome Gibson style tune o matic bridge with stopbar. The pickups are active Seymour Duncan designed and made by Fender. They are 2 humbuckers with a volume and tone control for each and a 3 way selector. Tuners are Standard Fender tuners. // 9

Sound: I play many styles of music and it suites them most. The Esprit can go from jazz to blues to rock very easily. It has a unique bell like tone when both pickups are selected. I use it with a Vox AD-30VT and it sounds great. The tone is full when both pickups are selected although you can thin it out using the tone control. I normally play rock and this suites that perfectly. It has no problem playing Santana, AC/DC, Cream, U2, Aerosmith and many other bands. It can be used for a huge variety of styles. It wouldn't suite heavy metal, death metal etc. because the pickups are not hot enough. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup was a little low out of the box but you can change it yourself by adjusting the stopbar. The pickups however were perfect, there is no loss in volume when changing. The Walnut Satin finish is beautiful, like a Gibson Black Cherry finish. There were no flaws although after a year the hardware is starting to oxidise. It is a very loud guitar even when your amp isn't on. Basically I can't fault it, it was even pretty much in tune out of the box. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar will easily withstand Live playing and I don't think I would need a backup guitar. The hardware is lasting well, the bridge is starting to oxidize a little bit. The finish is lasting well, no wear whatsoever. The strap buttons keep your strap on and I have never had this guitar's strap come off. // 10

Overall Impression: I play various different styles from jazz to blues to rock and this works for all of these styles. I have been playing for 5 years and this is my first electric. Coupled with my Vox my tone is unique and awesome. If it were lost I would get another one, If it were stolen I would find that bastard, cop off his balls and make him eat them, then make him pay for another one. I tried this against an Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, an ES-335 and an Fender american Strat. This was my favourite because it sounded unique and looks so f--king cool. The only thing I wish it had was a coil split. // 9

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Vintage Modified Telecaster Custom 6.8 Electric Guitars 10/28/2014