Hello Kitty Stratocaster Review

Squier: Hello Kitty Stratocaster
review (1) 48 comments vote for this gear:
Hello Kitty Stratocaster Reviewed by: TeleCam1990, on january 31, 2011

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Made in Indonesia around 2009. 21 medium-jumbo frets. One piece maple neck with pink fret markers. Body is made of agathis. Strat style body with hard-tail string thru bridge. Only one control for the volume. Single humbucker at the bridge. Non-locking Squier tuners. No accessories came with it. // 7

Sound: At first look it would suit pop and similar styles, however it's surprisingly versatile. Obviously you wouldn't expect it to be played by a death metal band and I doubt many men would use it. However crank it up and it really goes for gold! I've used it for classic rock, punk, heavy metal and some blues and it's coped extremely well. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Set up from new was almost bang on. In fact all I did was change the strings to my preferred choice and it was ready to go! Everything was routed correctly and I honestly couldn't find more than one flaw. The tuners were a little bit loose but that's a quick fix anyway! // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've gigged it once and didn't have a single problem. In fact I'm confident enough that you wouldn't need a backup unless you're prone to snapping strings! The finish is really good and so far I only have the slightest hint of buckle rash on the back, and thats with regular playing. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall I'd say it's such a versatile guitar that it could be used for a lot of styles. I've only been playing for four years but it definitely impressed me. If it was stolen I'd definitely get another one because it's one of my favourite guitars! I love the simplicity of it and how easy it is to just hammer away on. I didn't compare this to any other products however I have played a friends Tom DeLonge Strat and must say I felt they were very similar. It could do with is a tremolo system, I can just tell it would be even better with one. I am going to install some locking tuners on it because while they are stable and hold their tune well, in the heat of the moment I can be a bit rough. // 7

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Classic Vibe 60's Telecaster Custom 9.6 Electric Guitars 08/20/2014