Showmaster Jimmy Shine H (Limited Edition) Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 07/09/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Squier: Showmaster Jimmy Shine H (Limited Edition)
This gorgeous guitar is offered as a Special Limited Edition, so get yours before it's gone! Same basic specs as the Squier Showmaster but with a single pickup and a "Jimmy Shine" graphic.
 8.5
 8.4
 8.6
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Showmaster Jimmy Shine H (Limited Edition) Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 09, 2005

Purchased from: Milaono's Music

Features: Body - basswood, sleek body Neck - maple, C-shape, (polyurethane finish) Fingerboard - rosewood, 12.5" radius (317mm) No. of frets - 24 jumbo Scale length - 25.5" (648 mm) Width At Nut - 1.650" (42 mm) Hardware - black Machine heads - standard die-cast tuners Bridge - hard-tail strings-through-body Pickguard - none Pickups - 1 humbucking pickup Controls - volume, tone Colors - black Strings - Fender Super 250L, nickel plated steel (.009 to .042) Unique features - Jimmy Shine So. Cal. Speed Shop Motorcycle graphic on body Small - reverse headstock. // 8

Sound: I like to play blues, hard rock, heavy metal, classic rock and I also like to improvise too. So far this guitar hasnt let me down. The amp I have is kinda crappy, but I have played it on a really nice amp (at the store I bought it from) and it wailed pretty good. I am looking for a new amp before I buy effect pedals for it. The sound is clean and rich for a single humbucker, and the Social Distortion solos sound great even through the hand me down amp. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was adjusted by the shop I got it from before I walked out the door with it. The rest of it was really nicely put together. There is one ding on the head, but its easy to over look since I dont stare at it when I play. The black paint picks up a lot of finger prints but whatever! The guitar was originally offered from So Cal Speed Shop with a gig back and a t-shirt. I got it from a music store without all that crap, but it wasnt used. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I am not good enough to play live, yet, but I would jam this one unless there was a different sound needed. When I get better and join a band, I'll rock the crap out of this guitar. Even though I bought it as a collector guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: For the style of music I play, it fits really well. I played for a few years in my teens and had a knock off Strat that sucked compared to this. I also own an acoustic guitar, but since I got this one, I dont really play it anymore. If it were stolen, I would be pissed, I like it. Like they say, you dont pick the guitar, the guitar picks you and this one had me at the first chord I slammed out of it. I like the finish, and the Jimmy Shine Graphic on it because it fits my lifestyle to a T (I work on old Harleys). Besides that the neck is smooth and just the right thickness to jam on. I wish there was more pickups but, I think I'll buy another electric guitar and keep this one as a home player. I was in the air between a cheap Fender, a used Peavey and then I saw this one and had to have it (even though it is a Squier). // 8

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Tele Custom II 7.7 Electric Guitars 10/13/2014