Stagemaster Deluxe HSH Review

8.4
 8.2
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Stagemaster Deluxe HSH Reviewed by: anotherloser, on december 17, 2004

Features: I bought mine a few years back, just before they stopped selling the Stagemasters and made them Showmasters. It's a Deluxe version, one piece construction. Has a Strat style body, a little more streamlined, reversed headstock, no pickguard for a darker look, one piece construction, 24 frets, floyd rose tremolo, hum/sing/hum pickup layout. Came with tools to tweak the bridge and the locking nuts. 1 volume control knob, 1 tone. Metallic black finish, blacked out hardware. Smooth as silk through and through, I love slides on this thing, it just feels right when you're playing. The deep cut neck, one piece contruction and super smooth finish make those solos a breeze. // 10

Sound: I play in a style all my own, inovation is my target. But the sound is everywhere between a Vintage clean tone to all out metal and everything in between. I use a crate combo with it and a Boss MD-2 distortion pedal mostly, but for recording I use my DigiTech GNX3 processor fed straight to my pc. Great tone. Switching pickups gives you wide varieties of tones with each and every setting, it's so great to have such drastic changes in tone simply by switching pickups. Stocked pickups sound great, very versatile sound, you can use this thing for any sound you want. Flip in the neck humbucker or neck humbucker/single coil for a great clean tone, good for using with chorus or delay, with distortion these setups are deep and dark, sound just punches you in the gut. In the bridge postion you get crunchy twangy overtones with straight forward metal distortion, excellent palm mutes. Though I rarely use it, the bridge/single coil gives you a good tex/mex sound, it sounds very natural. Overall good tone and pretty good sustain, especially for a Squier. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up nicely at the factory, arrived pretty much ready to play. Being that it had a floyd rose, it took a while to get the tuning just right. The action was a little off and thats very frustrating to adjust on a floyd rose, so after setting that up (about another 30 minutes of patiently dicking with my guitar) I got to jam. // 8

Reliability & Durability: If this makes sense, this guitar could be more durable, but couldn't be more reliable. The input nut comes loose occasionally, over the past few years there's a little noise in the volume knob while I'm adjusting, but when I'm not then its quiet as a mouse. The only real problem was my floyd rose and thats a matter of opinion, it's held up nice, but it requires a little checkup/tuneup every now and again. Setup just takes a while. Never had a problem with the toughness, I've had a strap slip off before I had my straplocks on and it smashed the floor, played fine, didn't even detune. I'd gig with this thing without a backup without a care in my head. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall I couldn't have picked a better guitar. I wouldn't trade this back and get one twice as expensive, I've had people put down ESP's and Gibsons to wail on this baby, and I paid half the price. Very versatile. If I lost this guitar or it got stolen I'd be really pissed off, definately hunt down another one. I just wish they would have had an available fixed bridge for it. // 10

Stagemaster Deluxe HSH Reviewed by: headbang123, on june 01, 2011

Purchased from: EZ Pawn

Features: I got this guitar at a Pawn Shop for about eighty bucks. So I know nothing about it's purchased condition and it's not exactly in designer-quality condition but it's still a pretty good guitar. It's got 24 frets and two pickups. I honestly think the previousowner was on some sort of drugs because they somehow managed to dent one of the pickups in so it was sagging down into the guitar. So harmonics sound pretty bad on that one. It's also got you're Standard tone knobs and rythem/treble switch. // 7

Sound: I play everything from blues to punk to metal and this mainly fit's alternitive but I can get a decent metal sound out of it. I play this through a Behringer V-tone amp. The fret board action is a little stiff at first but it got better as I played it. Over all it sounds great. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Ok, I don't know (or even want to know) what form of crack the previous owner was on. This guitar seems to have suffered some severe abuse. The person some how managed to, not quite break one of the strings but make it bend up so it looked like a little hill in the middle of the string. There were also several chips in the paint, the pick up thing I mentioned earlier, and some random grim reaper sticker on the headstalk (which is pretty cool but still kind of weird). I didn't give it too low of a score because I bought it second hand and it had to be made pretty well to make it this long with all that damage! // 6

Reliability & Durability: Despite being abused pretty badly by the previous owner, this guitar is still in alright condition. Everythings still solid. It hade to be pretty strong after all the previous owner did to it. It might not be pretty but it gets the job done. I'm usualy not all that concern about look as much as sound. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said, I play a little bit of everything. This guitar is good for alternitive and blues mainly. It's also alright with metal. You just need to make sure to plugit into an amp because it doesn't get very good vibration on the fret board. If this guitar hadn't been own by some guitar-abusing lunitic, I might have given it all tens. // 8

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Standard Strat 7.5 Electric Guitars 08/25/2014