Stagemaster HH Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 06/12/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Squier: Stagemaster HH
Sleek, edgy and the best value on the market, the Stagemaster Series is in a class of its own with an all new attitude and modern features.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.3
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.3
 Features: 8.7
 8.2
 8.3
 8.1
reviews (3) pictures (2) 28 comments vote for this gear:
Stagemaster HH Reviewed by: XSider, on december 19, 2007

Features: This metallic red "Strat-style" Squier Stagemaster is from 2001, and was made in Korea. It has 24 chrome Jumbo Frets. The hardware is black. There's a Floyd Rose on it. The humbuckers are passive, with three way selector and there are two knobs on it. One is for the volume, the other one is for the tone. It's no name tuners are locking. I've got tools with it, and nothing else. // 8

Sound: I mainly play heavy-metal, metalcore, and things like this. Well it sounds good, but it isn't that heavy as I expected from a humbucker. But it has a really wild, biter sound at the bridge pickup. I have a Marshall MG30DFX set to the metal preset which was in it's manual. In clean channel I use almost only the reverb and sometimes delay or chorus. I don't like the clean sound that this guitar can make, because it's not that bright. Maybe it would be brighter with single coils. There's not much variety in the sounds that this guitar can make. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Well I can't say much about this, cause it's not a new guitar. But the previous owner cared about it, and it looks pretty good. Sometimes the pickups stop to work, it could be very annoying. Anything else was OK about the hardware, body, etc. Oh, and the tuning knobs and the pickup selector are noisy. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I saw the previous owner playing Live with this, and it will surely withstand Live playing. It's a 7 year old guitar, but like new. I won't sell it for sure. Maybe not the most reliable guitar in the world, but the durability of the body is guaranteed. It was build like a tank. I wish that the knobs and the pickups were better, but it's a Squier and just a little old guitar. // 7

Overall Impression: So if you want to play heavy songs, it isn't the best choice. I play guitar about 1 year, and for first guitar it's perfect to me. Hard to play on it after a time, because the neck is really thick. If somebody will steal it, I won't buy another one, because I haven't seen new Stagemasters nowhere yet. It was hard to re-string it first. There's nothing else can be said. // 7

Stagemaster HH Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 04, 2012

Purchased from: Evans Music and Skate

Features: Mine was made in Korea in 2001. It's got 24 jumbo frets and is Metallic Cobalt Blue. Neck thru construction. It has a licensed floyd rose. Passive pickups. 3 way selector switch with standard 1 volume and 1 tone knob. It's got some standard low end tuner that are double locking as well. // 10

Sound: This guitar fits me to a tee. It's got a real punchy sound on the bridge pickup. The neck pickup has got a nice, full sound. It's an ideal 80's metal guitar. So we all know what that means? CRANK UP THE REVERB!!! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it, the action was perfect. It was real low with zero buzz. The pickups were set to a real nice height as well. Everything is really solid on it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played a show with it yet. But, I've only tuned it once and it's been pretty close for the last two weeks. So I think it can easily withstand live playing. The hardware with last pretty well. Strap Buttons are pretty solid. I'd go to a gig without a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a bit of everything and it fits me perfectly. I've been playing for about 4 years and it's one of the best guitars I have played. I work at a music store and I play quite a bit of different instruments, If it were stolen I would be really distraught because it's a discontinued model and would be hard to find. There is one thing I wish it had though. I wish it had a banana headstock instead of a reverse one. But, oh well I can live with it. // 9

Stagemaster HH Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 12, 2012

Purchased from: Evans Music and Skate

Features: I previously wrote a review on this guitar about a few months ago. So, I decided to give a "better" updated review on it. That being said. Lets get on with the review. The guitar has all the same features as last time. 24 jumbo frets. Neck thru joint. Licensed Floyd rose, Passive pickups, 3 way selector switch, 1 volume, 1 tone knob. Die Cast Squier tuners that are not double locking. I'm dumb for saying they were. But all of these features on a metallic Cobalt Blue finish that is 11 years old. // 8

Sound: Now, in the last few months I experimented with different sounds to see what is well and what isn't well. Blues handles nice. Jazz is the same. Hair metal is ideal. Thrash is awesome. Death metal isn't so good. Needs more low end. Metalcore is pretty nice. Generally anything beyond Metalcore/metal isn't very good. Now, The amp I ran it through is my Crate GT1200H with a Crate Cabinet loaded with Vinatge Celestion 30's. Generally on the rhythm channel dialed in setting for each genre. The Neck pickup does wonders on the Jazz and Blues chords. Along with acoustic interludes. Bridge was perfect for Hair metal and the heavier stuff. With the pickup selector on both pickups. It meshes nicely for chord strumming. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: As I said before, the action is very low and is perfect for me. Easy for fast licks and sweeps of any string size. All the hardware is also fine on it. No problems here. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will EASILY withstand live playing. I've played 7 shows with it and there wasn't a problem. Of course I brought a back up. Which is my Dean ML X. But you should never go without a backup. Breaking a string on stage is no fun. The finish has been made to last. It's 11 years old. No problems there. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said last time. It fits me to a tee. I've been playing now for almost 5 years and I love it. If it was stolen I would STILL be distraught. This thing is my child. I still wish it had a banana headstock. But, I can still live with it. // 8

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Bullet HS Telecaster 7.7 Electric Guitars 03/26/2014