X-155 White Heat Review

manufacturer: Squier date: 04/06/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Squier: X-155 White Heat
The X-155 Limited White Heat offers an eye-cathing finish with Squier value. Designed in Scottsdale, Arizona, the new Series 24 X-155 White Heat is for players on a budget who wants to stand out in the crowd and have people take notice.
 8.5
 9.8
 7.1
review (1) pictures (1) 14 comments vote for this gear:
X-155 White Heat Reviewed by: fondukfun, on april 06, 2006

Purchased from: n/a

Features: This is an excellent guitar. It began production in 2004 and the 25 series (blue with white flames) was put out of production last year. It is a hollow-body so it is much bulkier than other electric guitars but it is still very solid. The body and neck are maple with a beautiful lacquered flame finish. It has a Wilkinson bridge which can be easily ajusted (but I didn't need to). The two Duncan humbuckers work marvellously and didn't need adjusting either. There are two volume controls and two tone so you can easily get a wide variety of sounds. The three-way pick up control is very solid, as well. It also has a number of features which are extra such as the pearloid block inlays, the set-neck and the custom "S" tail-piece. I've also seen other series with an awesome black pick-guard but my guitar doesn't have that. There is also a custom made hardcase but it has to be ordered through Fender for a ridiculous price. Overall, an amazing gitar with great features. // 10

Sound: This is a Jazz guitar. It was made for Jazz. I love the BB King style blues guitar and I play that often on it but I also enjoy the sound it gets for playing rock, alternative styles and other forms of jazz. Right now I'm using an old-school Dean-Markley tube amp and it gets such a beautiful tone, it's unbelievable. All the notes resonate with such a rich and full sound, I never want to put my guitar down. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar is not so good but the bridge allowed that to be adjusted easily. All other parts of the guitar were perfect when I bought it right from the store. Nothing else needed adjusting or fixing to suit my needs. Something that might put people off a guitar such as this is the sheer bulk of it. It is a huge guitar and not the best to move around but it is definitely worth the size. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It will and has survived live playing. None of the hardware has shown any sign of wear as long as I've had it. The strap buttons are very solid however, once, my strap broke and I almost dropped my guitar. Nothing wrong with the buttons, though. I have used it ina gig without a back up simply because I do not own a back up. But it has lasted and I trust it will last for a very long time. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect. I can not see myself buying another guitar to take the place of this one. I've had my eye on thsi guitar ever since I started playing and when I finally got it, I couldn't wait to start playing it. I only wish it had that sweet black pick-guard. // 10

More Squier reviews rating category latest review
+ Tele Custom II 7.7 Electric Guitars 10/13/2014