F300 Review

7.8
reviews (2) 18 comments vote for this gear:
F300 Reviewed by: deathdemon, on april 13, 2006

Purchased from: Air Guitars

Features: This guitar has 22 frets, double humbucker pickups and a maple neck. It has a nice solid top and black scratch board. This guitar is a copy of the old Gibson Flying V, it's very close. It has 3-way controlls (2 volume and 1 tone). This guitar came with a long cable. // 8

Sound: This guitar is nice in distortion (which is my main style), it also has a softer 'meatier' distortion. I use it with a small Squier practise amp (which I got with my old Fender Showmaster). The clean sound isnt too bad it does the job. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was big it had a big space between the fret board and strings. When I bought it, it had no flaws but after use it gets scratches (obviously). The pickups were set up so the one closest to the bridge was higher up and the one further away was lower, which makes sense. Every thing was perfect nothing was missing, loose and the bridge was routed properly. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar definatly withstands live playing. It seems like it will last and it does. The painted black strap buttons are nice and tight. I depend on it in a live gig and wouldn't bring a backup. // 8

Overall Impression: I play in a heavy metal style to hard rock, so this guitar suits me. I've been playing for a year and a half and played in 2 gigs. If it were stolen I'd buy something a bit more expensive. My favorite feature has got to be how light it is, it wont make your arm ache as much as a Gibson Les Paul Custom. I wish it came with better strings though they are very tight. // 9

F300 Reviewed by: claguemanx, on april 19, 2006

Purchased from: ebay

Features: The guitar was made in 2003. It has 22 frets with a trible custom fret markers. The neck and body are maple as far as I know. The bridge style is like the ones you normaly find on a Les Paul or SG. There is 2 volumes for each humbucker and an tone each. The pickups origanaly were Stagg but I put 2 Gibson buckerbursts. The tuners are standered Stagg with no locks. // 9

Sound: It suits the type of music I play well since I play metal and rock. I'm using the guitar currently on an Marshall 50 watt DFX with an super overdrive pedal to give it a bit of power. The guitar origanaly have an balanced sound of bright and dull but to me it felt not raw enought sinice I play the likes of Slipknot and Trivium so I have 2 new pickups to give it some more power and an more diffrent sound. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly from when it came from the factory. The pickups were set up not very well but didn't really matter because I up graded them. So far the guitar has not let me down and it had no flaws. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar would probablely withstand an live playing to a surtain degree but it wouldnt come out well. The hardware is a mess inside when I opened it up to put in the new pickups my jaw dropped. The strap buttons they were useless I put strap locks on it in the end to stop it from bashing off the flaw. Well the finish was not very good and it easily chipped and wore off when I played when recording and at some band practises. // 6

Overall Impression: The guitar itself matchs my style of playing wheich I metal and sometime blues or Jimi H. I've been playing 6 years and I ahve got about 7 guitars (Squier Strat, Hofner acoustic, Woods acoustic, Fender Standard Stratocaster Satin, Artisan 335 and an double necked SG). I use an Marshall 50 watt DFX, Dunlop CryBaby, Korg G3 multi and an super overdrive pedal. If it was stolen I would probabley not buy the guitar again I would rather buy an Ibanez or summit simply because I have had to do a lot of work and it is very hard to get a case for one thing I wish it had was an trem upgrade because I miss it when I change from my Strat to the V. // 7

More Stagg reviews rating category latest review
+ SEL-ZEB 7.6 Electric Guitars 04/14/2014