G-Force Review

manufacturer: Stagg date: 05/11/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Stagg: G-Force
Perfect for the guitarist looking for something a little different and fun!
 7.7
 8.2
 7.2
review (1) 41 comments vote for this gear:
G-Force Reviewed by: premstagg, on may 11, 2007

Purchased from: My mate

Features: 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, laminated finish, hardwood body, hard maple neck, Flying V style body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, passive electronics, 3-way toggle switch, 2 volume controls, 1 tone controls, 2 humbuckers, chrome hardware, Die-cast chrome, in-line. // 7

Sound: I'm in a metal/screamo band (called Awaiting The Flame) and we play a range of music mostly metal. It suits metal to the letter. I've currently got Ernie Ball custom gauge strings on it (56-12) and it holds them brilliantly; which really is a good thing when you want to de-tune. I use a Marshall MGCD15 amp and a Boss Metal Zone MT-2 pedal and with the heavy strings it makes a decent metal bassy sound. However on clean it can be hard to use because of the thickness of the neck maing it hard to reach some chords. In terms of effects and the like, it's pretty easy to do sounds like harmonics and pickscrapes as the strigns aren't too close together. Combined with my amp and the right settings on the tone and volume controls it can deliver quite a whole and bassy sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I have no idea how the guitar was when it was made as I bouoght it from a friend but when he sold me it one of the volume controls was a tad loose but that may have been to do with neglect (and the fact he kept it on the top of his dusty cupboard probably didn't help. But besides that everything is in line and works aceptionally. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have been told buy the guy I bought it from that when he used it live (to play a punk set) that it was fairly sturdy and he played a smooth no-problems set with it. With it's third birthday just gone, the chrome hardware is completely intact (possibly due to the amount of care I take) and has with stood a few drops in the past completely on behalf of my clumsiness and it still runs nicely. The strap buttons have lasted just as well as the other hardware pieces but I would have to recommend strap-locks as it's a pretty heavy guitar and the pipes on the end can make it swing out a tad. The finish has come of a bit on the points of the V but that's due to the fact the gig bag that was designed for it is very uncomfortable to have on your back and so I use the handle and it often scrapes the pavement. Also the bag is shoeing signs of stress on the handle's stitching. Besides my carelessness the finish has not succumbed to "fingerprint erosion." // 8

Overall Impression: In all this guitar suits metal (or to an extent, punk) perfectly with its standout paint job and body. It can be used for a nice deep clean sound but it can make complex chord hard to play sometimes. I have been playing since the end of November 2005 and in that time this has been my only electric guitar and I haven't complained about it once. I have an 3/4 size acoustic guitar that I bought from Argos when I started playing (17:P) and an E-Ros 12 string acoustic guitar but I prefer this guitar much more. When I first bought it I had no idea what guitar I was buying, just that it was electric and had 6 strings and when my friend came down the stairs with it I had to have it just based on first impressions. Granted it wasn't the best guitar for a beginner to start with but now that I have gotten used to it I'm gald I did start with it as now I can handle basically any guitar with ease. However if I could change one thing on it I would give it some EMG or Nailbomb pickups to make it sound even better although the pickups on it are fine. // 9

More Stagg reviews rating category latest review
+ F300 6.9 Electric Guitars 09/17/2014