G300 Review

manufacturer: Stagg date: 01/04/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Stagg: G300
Standard "g" electric guitar, 2 humbucker pickups, 2 volume & 2 tone controls, 3-way toggle switch, solid mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard and more.
 8.5
 8.8
 8.1
review (1) 16 comments vote for this gear:
G300 Reviewed by: Constantine, on january 04, 2006

Purchased from: Belle Air Music

Features: Made in 2005, in China. 22 frets, with pearl alien crop circle inlays on the neck. Black gothic matte finish, very nicely built. 2 humbuckers, stock brand unknown, but I replaced mine with Gibson P-90's. SG style body with slight alteration at bottom. Locking tuners. Two volume and tone knobs. 3-way selector. Came with cable and tools. // 8

Sound: I play most types of metal, including Black Sabbath, Tiamat, AC/DC and also some forms of pop/punk. I'm using with a Marshall amplifier, and with stock pickups, it sounded clean, but with slight buzz on bridge pickup. This can be easily fixed with simply raising the Action. I replaced the stock pickups with Gibson P-90 pickups, and it sounds Exactly like a Gibson SG. It now makes the Perfect AC/DC and Black Sabbath crunchy sound. I rate it an eight, because it's Stock pickups were somewhat weak, but they are reasonable, considering the price. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was to low for my taste, but it is very easily ajustable. The finish on this guitar is perfect. It didn't have a scratch on it, and it stands up very well to everyday wear and tear. The controls were set up nicely at the factory. It did require extensive tuning when it came out of the box though. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar does withstand live playing, even with the stock pickups, it has a great sound. The hardware seems like it will outlast me, I would definately use it without backup. // 10

Overall Impression: This axe matches my style perfectly (AC/DC) and seems like it will outlast me. My favorite part about this guitar is the way that it looks, it has an incredible finish, and it's got that classic SG shape. In comparison to my SG Special, I would say this on is far better. It only cost me $449 including the p90s, but the SG cost far more. If this guitar was stolen, I would cry, then buy another one. // 10

More Stagg reviews rating category latest review
+ SEL-ZEB 7.6 Electric Guitars 04/14/2014