L250 Review

manufacturer: Stagg date: 09/01/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Stagg: L250
I play all kinds of music, except pop-rock jazz and blues. I advice testing lots of guitars, but have this one in mind too.
 5.9
 7.4
 4.4
review (1) pictures (2) 18 comments vote for this gear:
L250 Reviewed by: AndreiThePwnage, on september 01, 2010

Purchased from: Local Shop

Features: *I actually bought this in RON, but to estimate, 400 RON is 125 USD. *I don't know what year this was made in, or where, but I guess Hungary or China. *It has a solid body, 22 fret neck. The wood is good, it resonates when the guitar is not amplified. *I have this guitar in black, and the front part of the body is a bit scratched, because i used it alot. *This is a Les Paul copy, so you know how the bridge looks. *It has 1 volume and 1 tone knob, and a 3 way selector. Pickpus are stock, and I will talk about their finish later. It came with a cable. *I used orignal strings for 5 months before they rusted, but I don't know for how long they have been on the guitar before I bought it. // 8

Sound: I usually play metal (most of it Iron Maiden). My brother plays metal too (mostly black/death/thrash metal). I also play clean sounds on it, because I want to be diverse. I am using this with a IBZ10G amp, and a DigiTech RP55 effect pedal (cheap gear). Suprizingly, the sound of this guitar is good. I heared it with a 500$ amp too, and same pedals, and it rocked. It also have a full sound with my amp. The Guitar had a little buzz when I bought it, but it was because I did not know how to mute notes (first guitar). After I changed the strings, I had to lower my humbuckers a bit. The intonation also. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything on this guitar was adjusted perfectly, because I bought it from a local shop, and the guy knew his buisness. The only thing that bugs me is that the humbuckers have a bit of tape on them, and this is pretty weird. Also the back cover had a little of celofane on it, but I guess that was to prevent water from entering the back of the guitar, so it's ok. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have not played live yet, because I'm not that good. The hardware seems fine, because it only got better as the months passed. My strap fell 2 times, but I guess it's from the strap, because the hole on it got bigger. It does not matter it won't last you live due to detune, because if you play live, you won't play a 125$ Stagg. The paint on it was preety weak. // 7

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of music, except pop-rock jazz and blues (but will start with the last two soon). I play for 5 months, and I've also got a IBZ10G amp, and a RP55 effect. If it was stolen, I would buy something else, wich has a vibrato. I had compared this to a squire, and a few other guitars I can't remember. I wish this had a vibrato. I advice testing lots of guitars, but have this one in mind too :). // 7

More Stagg reviews rating category latest review
+ F300 7.1 Electric Guitars 09/17/2014