L350 Review

9.1
 7.4
reviews (2) pictures (3) 24 comments vote for this gear:
L350 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 12, 2005

Features: The Stagg L350 was made in China. It is a Les Paul style guitar, and unlike the Gibson Les Pauls, it has a slight less "sharpness" to the single cutaway. Tiger stripe rock "L" electric guitar. - 2 humbucker w/cover pickups - 2 volume, 2 tone controls - 3-way toggle Switch - Tiger stripe arch top w/ binding - Solid alder wood body - Hard maple/628 mm/24" 3/4 neck, glued - Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets and pearloid inlays - Tune-O-Matic bridge - Cluson-style machine heads. // 10

Sound: Well when I bought this guitar instore I plugged it into a Marshall Valvestate amp, and it played like a gem. At home, however, I only have a small practice 10 watt amplifier and still, it plays extremely well. The great thing compared to other guitars which I have tried is how there is no fret buzz or fuzzing sounds while its plugged into the amp. On the Treble setting, the sound is very sharp, and edgy- good for the solos. On the rhythm setting, the tone is very warm, yet clear, and unlike most dual humbucker guitars, it isn't muddy in sound. When put in the intermediate setting (both), the sound is clean, crisp and clear. I am very pleased with the sounds which the Stagg Les Paul produces. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is probably the one "downside" to the guitar. For me, personally, I think it is a little bit too high, but that was easily fixed by the adjusting of the string tension. So not a huge problem there. The finish is absolutely stunning, the L350 comes in two colours either Blue Burst, or Cherry Sunburst (I bought this one). It is a beautifully finished guitar, the "Tiger Stripes" (flamed top) looks stunning, and like all cherrysunburst guitars, it looks awesome. The pickups are in good positions. THe inlays are quirky and different to the trapezoids on Gibsons, it is more of a slanty parallelogram. But on the whole, spectacular finish. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Well I'm not really ready for the live playing, but I'd imagine that the Stagg Les Paul would be exceptionally fine. The scratch plate is a bit sketchy but it can be replaced. The strap buttons are fine, but I'd prefer it if they were placed in better positions so that the strap doesn't look like its always about to fall off. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, the Stagg Les Paul 350 is an awesome guitar. I bought it as my second guitar, and it is one helluva guitar. It's got the looks, the sounds, and the low price, that's all you could ask for in a guitar. In comparison to the Epiphones (I hate Epiphones), the Stagg kicks ass, you are paying 3 times less the price for the same, if not better quality. Stagg on the whole is an excellent guitar company, and I don't know why people overlook it when they go to buy a guitar. One thing which I would wish the Stagg Les Paul had was the "single cutaway" being more "curved" and longer, so it'd look closer to a Gibson Les Paul. In conclusion, the Stagg Les Paul 350 is a top notch guitar, I recommend for either the beginner or intermediate guitarist, or somebody who is looking for the Vintage look and sound, or an "old schooler," a great guitar at a rock solid price, a guitar which is quality without selling your car to buy it. It can easily match with Gibson Les Paul Standards and the Tokais. // 10

L350 Reviewed by: Woffelz, on may 04, 2011

Purchased from: Guitar Amp Keyboard Centre Online

Features: This Les Paul style guitar has: - 2 passive humbucker pickups with covers - 2 volume and 2 tone controls - A 3 way pickup selector switch - A solid alder body - A hard maple set neck with a rosewood fingerboard - 22 frets - Cluson style tuners - A tune-a-matic bridge The only feature that I don't like is the cutaway. I think the fret access for the higher frets could be a bit better. // 9

Sound: I mainly play metal on my Ibanez RG120, but I bought this guitar to play more rock music. I put my Stagg L350 through my Roland Cube 15X. With the neck humbucker, the cleans sound quite close to a real Acoustic guitar, especially when the tone and volume controls are lowered. The lead tone on the neck pickup is fantastic. I really like the mellow sound that is produced. As for the Bridge pickup, which I use for rhythm, I just wish the pickups had a bit more output, although the pickups do well for earlier Guns N' Roses when the treble on the amp has been raised and the bass lowered. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up nicely, but could have been better. I think the pickups should have been raised more so a higher output could have been produced. After a few minutes of playing it, I had to go find my screwdriver to raise them myself. The intonation and action were fine. Everything else was set up fine. I would also like to mention the blueburst finish, which was my favourite aesthetic feature. It looks amazing. My only complaint about the looks would be the tone and volume controls. I do not like the look of them. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar definitely would withstand gigging. I have used it at a gig once, and I took so much punishment and didn't start to fail on me. It stayed in tune too. The hardware seems like it lasts. I've had it for over 2 years and I have had no problem with it. I usually play standing up and the strap buttons have never failed me, even with my cheap strap that is now nearly 3 years old. The finish doesn not wear off, but does require dusting/cleaning often, considering it's dark. // 9

Overall Impression: I play older rock music with this guitar and this is definitely a good match for that. The aesthetics and the tone definitely suit the kind of music I play on this guitar. I also own a cheap Gear4Music Strat copy and an Ibanez RG120. These guitars are all played through my Roland Cube 15X. I used to use the cheap Strat copy for rock and attempted to use it for metal, until I got my RG120. If my Stagg was stolen, I would probably buy another one and then take better care of it. I really like the blueburst finish and the set neck, but I wish the pickups were a more powerful. // 8

More Stagg reviews rating category latest review
+ F300 7 Electric Guitars 09/17/2014