GG1 STD Review

manufacturer: SX date: 12/14/2009 category: Electric Guitars
SX: GG1 STD
The sound of this guitar is excellent for rock (all types), blues and fusion.
 8.9
review (1) pictures (3) 18 comments vote for this gear:
GG1 STD Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 14, 2009

Features: I purchase this guitar in 2008 in a brazilian store in So Paulo, this guitar has 22 fret, the body and the neck are made with mahogany, and the scale finished with rosewood, the body style is a authenticaly les paul model and the bridge is a tune-o-matic, and a inclued a case. There's a 3-tone buttons and 1 control for volume, which is very normal for les paul models, but this model is too heavy (6kg's). // 8

Sound: The sound of this guitar is excellent for rock (all types), blues and fusion, I utilized this guitar with a Fender 15w amp and a DigiTech Brian May Signature pedal, the sound only with a Fender amp became very clean and brilliant without effects, with overdrive the sound looks more agressive, and putting more effects the sound gets a little raw and with medium definition with original pickups. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: In beggining I had a problem with this guitar to find a good string for this guitar, so I tried many strings to find a solution in a hybrid 0.10/0.11 tension, which works very well to me, and after I trade the neck pickup for another pickup with better sound definition (Cabrera Edu Ardanuy pickup), this guitar became excellent for all rock and roll sound and fusion, jazz and heavy metal sounds, and this guitar is very strong and survive after many shows who I made. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can utilize this guitar with original hardware (only changing the neck pickup), it sounds very well and I didn't utilize another guitar in the shows, the durability is very good and your reliabity isn't good because the other guitar players prefers another models (Gibson, ltd, and others) // 9

Overall Impression: Only changing a few aspects this guitar is excellent to me, after a 1,5 year with this model, and if I lost this model, I'll buy the same model, this guitar after some changes sound better than many Epiphone Les Paul models (inclued standard and specials models). The only this I considerer bad in this guitar is your weight, but all the aspects sounds good to me. // 9

More SX reviews rating category latest review
+ Furrian Telecaster Clone 8.6 Electric Guitars 05/29/2014