SST62K Review

manufacturer: SX date: 11/24/2008 category: Electric Guitars
SX: SST62K
A great guitar pack at an unbelievable price! Everthing you need in a colorful display box. The pack feature a guitar, amp, guitar bag, tuner, strap, cable, and picks! Perfect for many musical styles including rock, jazz, blues and Christian. Perfect for beginners to intermediate players.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.5
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.5
 7.4
 7.6
 7.2
reviews (2) 14 comments vote for this gear:
SST62K Reviewed by: !CC, on december 27, 2006

Features: It features dual cutaway solid alder body allows access to the highest frets. The body is contoured for hours of comfortable play. Three single coil pickups, one volume and two tone controls plus a five way pickup selector switch create all of today's great sounds. Vintage fulcrum bridge with six adjustable saddles. Truss-rod adjustable Maple neck. Rosewood fretboard, 22 jumbo frets. // 6

Sound: It's what you get for the price. Excellent to start with, easy to get around, playing your first chords and scales. I was impressed with the clean, the Drive sounded great when doing powerchords and fast tempo pop-punk Green Day stuff which I liked when I bought this guitar cringes but now I'm into more Led Zeppelin, Queen, Guns N' Roses now and that's when it struggles to give the sound I want. Also, the amp gives a loud buzzing on drive and it gets pretty annoying. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Finish is average. You could play this straight out of the box. Everything was on tight. Pickups adjusted well, if only they were good. I've had it for 2 years now and there's been no problem with it, well not one you can't fix easily. Just a great starter guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It's a tough guitar. Strap buttons are solid, everything is on tight. It would withstand live playing but I highly, highly, highly recommend not to. This guitar seems like it's gonna last a very long time, has no wear yet just a few dents and stratches at the back from my belt. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar is a great starters guitar. It was my first guitar so it's kinda special. I'd ditch it for a Les Paul anyday though. If it were stolen/lost, I'd get what I'm saving up for now which is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top. I'm also saving up for a Roland Cube 60. I didn't compare it to a lot of other products when I got it, my local music store didn't have a lot of electric guitars and they were all cheap beginner ones like this one. I nevered liked Ashtons so I stayed away from them and the Peavey Raptor and Cort whatever didn't look so attractive so I chose this one. I was stupid, I know. // 7

SST62K Reviewed by: ocap02, on november 24, 2008

Features: Made on China, from 2 years ago. It has 22 frets and I think they are jumbo. The fretboard is made of rosewood, the neck of maple and the body of alder. It is pure white, jimmy hendrix style. It has a Strat body style and the controls are volume, 2 tones and 5 way selector, like a strato. The pickups is also like strato. Tuners are not good. Came with gig bag, cable, tuner and other stuff. // 8

Sound: It has a realy good sound, I was suprised to see that a guitar like this one had a good sound. I have a really bad amp but it is okay the sound. It has diffrent tones which make it very good to change between soloing and chords. Great volume. Suits perfectly to play lots of diffrent musical styles and for this price I would recommend it a lot. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar set-up is okay, no problems or any loose thing. The pickups are perfectly adjusted and in the correct position. The bridge is in a good position and properly adjusted. No loose screws. The tuning pegs came a little bit loose, and the nut is a little bit cheap. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could perfectly withstand Live playing as it has the same features as the Squire Strat and I could even possibly dare to say that it may have a better sound, and for much less cash. The hardware seems it will last and the strap buttons are really okay. I could depend on it as up to now I had no problem at all. THe guitar looks as it will last for a long time, and as it is my first guitar I will keep and rely on it for a long time. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a lot of styles of music, except from metal, and it is a really good match. Excellent for jazz and funk. There are a wide range of styles that you can play using this guitar. I've been playing for almost a year and I had an acoustic before having my first electric. I really don't like the tremolo bar, the tuners and the nut. They just ruin this great guitar. All of these make the guitar detune after 3 days without tuning it. If it was lost or stolen I would probably buy it again because of it's great sound and durability and cheap price. I compared the guitar with other cheap guitars, and this one had great reviews and a great price. I wish it had better tuners and a better nut, which will not increase the price very much. // 9

More SX reviews rating category latest review
+ Hawk SE 4.6 Electric Guitars 02/07/2014