335 Copy Review

manufacturer: Tanglewood date: 01/20/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Tanglewood: 335 Copy
It has 22 frets a rosewood fingerboard and quite a fat neck(not so good when my previous guitar was an Ibanez) two volume and tone knobs, pickup selector, two humbuckers and a lovely pair of grovers for the tuning job.
 8.7
 8.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
335 Copy Reviewed by: punk4punk, on january 20, 2009

Purchased from: rockbox, northallerton

Features: I think it was a new guitar when I bought it soo about 2007 or 2008, here go's. It has 22 frets a rosewood fingerboard and quite a fat neck(not so good when my previous guitar was an Ibanez) two volume and tone knobs, pickup selector, two humbuckers and a lovely pair of grovers for the tuning job, pity is it had no acsessories with it soo I had to fork out twenty quid for an acoustic guitar bag. // 9

Sound: through a tube amp on the brige you can get a lovely twangy/jangley sound from it, when you put it in to neck position you need to break out the old finger snapping jazz chods cos they come out a treat, as you put a bit of gain on the neck pickup or the brige you get a great rauceous, bluesy tone.as you put it into more of a higher end of the gain spectrum it starts to sound like one of them 80's metal sounds on the bridge(not good in my opinion) and when you put it on the neck it sounds a fair bit like Mudhoney type fuzz. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar I thought it was great xept the strings were to thin and there was a little fret buzz, soon got that sorted with new strings and a rise in the action.there was nothing wrong with the way the gutar was set up soo thumbs up to Tanglewood qc. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is realy quite dependable and holds it's tuning well, the only problem is seeing as it's a semi-hollow you have to be carefull with it.the finish looks and feels like it can take a beating, I've had the guitar 6 months and the only things I had to do was change strings and clean it. // 8

Overall Impression: Well I play anything and everything soo I think it's quite a versitile instrument even for me. theere were ony two left handed guitars in the shop, either this or a Hagstrom I should have gone for the Hagstrom(I think it looks better)I think it is wise to change the pickups depending on what you play cos the instrument is worthy of an upgrade, good bye, leave comment if you wish // 9

More Tanglewood reviews rating category latest review
+ TW45 W OP E 8.7 Acoustic Guitars 02/11/2014