FST32 V-DLX Review

2.3
reviews (2) pictures (2) 20 comments vote for this gear:
FST32 V-DLX Reviewed by: CharlieGuitar95, on november 02, 2009

Purchased from: BEM MUSIC

Features: To be honest, I really don't have a clue when it was made, I remember reading somewhere that it was made in 2008, but I'm not certain. I think that the guitar was made in China or some place like that. I wasn't able to find out the information on the guitar. These are the features that the guitar includes Maple neck. Maple fingerboard. Solid Basswood body. Nickel plated hardware. Scale length - 25" (21 frets). 3 Entwistle AS62 pickups. 5-way selector Switch. 2 x tones, 1 x volume control. The finish I got of this guitar was an alpine white, as this was the only colour that was made with the deluxe version. The body style is the same as a Standard Stratocaster, and nothing was included along with the guitar itself. // 9

Sound: To be honest, this guitar is absolutely amazing. The pickups are almost completely noiseless, even with the distortion and gain up to the max! I play mostly rock, ( Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave, Black Sabbath ), and this guitar suits these styles of music perfectly. I love this guitar! There are many different types of sound that you can get with this guitar, and they all sound fantastic. Metal obviously is a hard sound to get with this type of guitar, but with the right effects and a bit of hard work, you can make it happen, when you do eventually get it sounding the way you want it plays like a dream! It suits nearly all styles and is easy to play. I didn't have to change anything on this guitar, everything was set up to a good Standard. Doesn't go out of tune often, and is built very well indeed. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar is fantastic! So easy to play, but no horrible fret buzz or intonation issues. The pickups are fantastically set up, just at the correct level for any sort of player. The guitar has no faults at all! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think the guitar could easily withstand a gig, as I've already played 3 with this guitar. But its better to be safe then sorry, so I always put strap locks on just in case. The finish is very good looking, I fell in love with the guitar the moment I saw it. I think the finish will come off after a while, as it would with any Stratocaster, but if it is looked after well this shouldn't happen. The guitar doesn't really need a backup if you use it in a gig, but I'd take one just in case. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock and blues, and they go together like magic! So great sounding, yet such good value. I've been playing over three years now, and I can't afford much equipment, I only have a crappy Yamaha GA-15 amp, and a DigiTech RP-350. If this were lost or stolen, I'd just simply buy it again. Its that good! // 10

FST32 V-DLX Reviewed by: CharlieGuitar95, on november 09, 2009

Features: Im doing this review again because many people werent happy with the first one I did. Like I said before Im not sure when or where it was made because I wasnt provided with that information, and I couldnt seem to find it anywhere. This is what the guitar features: Maple neck. Maple fingerboard. Solid Basswood body. Nickel plated hardware. Scale length - 25" (21 frets). 3 Entwistle AS62 pickups. 5-way selector Switch. 2 x tones, 1 x volume control. The finish I got of this guitar was an alpine white, but there are a few other colours that was made with the deluxe version. The body style is the same as a Standard Stratocaster, and nothing was included along with the guitar itself. Its much higher quality than the cheaper Tanglewood Strat and easier to play. // 7

Sound: I think this guitar suit's my style very well, as I play a lot of Hendrix and a Strat is needed for Hendrix. I use it with a Vox Valvetronix Amp and a DigiTech RP350. I have a few other guitars which I compared it to, such as a squire and a Fender Strat. I have a Fender Strat which I borrowed from a friend. it's definitely better than my squire copy but not as well made as a Fender as expected as it was very cheap. Pickups don't make too much noise, but there's a bit of feedback with heavy distortion, but I have a noise gate, so this isn't really a problem for me. But like I said, it's good for the price. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was nice and low when I first got it, and easy to play. The pickups were well set up, and it was ready to play out of the box, needed new strings because they were cheap and nasty. Nothing was loose at all. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I think you could take it to a gig, seems sturdy enough, I've dropped it a lot of times and nothings seemed to happen. I would recommend strap locks because I'm not sure how well it would do without them. I would take a backup just incase. Finish is my favourite part, Looks good and looks like it will hopefully last me a while. // 7

Overall Impression: it's a good match for the style of music I play, but each to their own and all that crap, been playing about 2 years with a horrible squire and this is much better. I'm not saying it's amazing like I did before. I own a Vox Valvetronix Amp and a DigiTech RP350 effects pedal. If it were lost or stolen I would buy an Epiphone or a Fender as that's all I can afford, hence the reason I got this guitar, because I needed a guitar and this was recommended by some people. My favourite feature is the finish because it looks absolutely stunning. Easy to play and fun. Good for intermediates and people Who need a guitar too practice on. // 7

More Tanglewood reviews rating category latest review
+ TW130 ASM CE 9 Acoustic Guitars 07/24/2014