Nevada FST 32 Review

6.7
reviews (9) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 10, 2005

Purchased from: Midiaudio

Features: It was made in Hong Kong. 21 fret guitar with a maple neck and Rosewood fingerboard, body maid from basswood, finished in transparent, body is Stratocaster style. It has quality Die Cast chrome machine heads and 3 single coil pick ups, 5-way selector Switch, 2 x tones, 1 x volume control, Traditional 3-ply white finish scratch plate and a Chrome plated classic Fulcrum tremolo system. It seems to be a Fender Squier Affinity Series Strat copy. // 8

Sound: And seems this guitar handles it just great. Rock sounds cool on bridge pickups, very clean and soft sound. And on the neck pickups funk and jazz sound wonderfool. Sure sound is a bit noisy but not much. Guitar sounds fully good! For this price you get a perfect instrument with a perfect sound. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar is made very good (as it made in China). Pickups adjusted pretty good. Bridge is little crappy because of the tremolo the tuning doesn't fit long loose tuning pegs. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I think it can withstand live playin', but the hardware doesn't seem to last forever. Strap buttons is solid so they are very groovy. But I won't use it for a gig. It's cool guitar but it just onlly a beginers or a backup guitar. I didn't like the finish it seems that it will wear off with lots of playin'. // 6

Overall Impression: I'm playin' jazz, jazz rock, funk, blues and it handles it. I play guitar about 3 years, but theretofore I was only playing acoustic instruments such as Fender acoustic guitar, some russian classic guitar, and Ovation Florencia guitar. It could have better finish and better pickups. But I will replace it so. // 8

Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 02, 2009

Features: I've had it since november 05, and I'm not sure where it was made. It has 21 frets, three pickups (single coil) and a whammy bar, as well as a strap and a few picks. It is basically styled like a Stratocaster and has a bolt-on neck. You have two tone controls and a volume control as well. Overall I would say it is a very good set-up for something this price. // 9

Sound: I'm into playing metal and rock, both lead and rhythm, and if I'm honest, I do feel this guitar is better suited to a cleaner, more bluesy style of music. I use a Line 6 spider iii amp, and overall I can get a decent sound from the guitar, especially on the clean setting. I find it to be ok when I add some distortion, and it is particulary good for playing pinch harmonics. For a beginner's guitar, it is a competent all-rounder. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The biggest problem I've had with the guitar was that the strap which came with it kept randomly detaching itself, which was annoying to say the least. Otherwise, the guitar was in a very good condition when I recieved it. My only slight concern is that the strings are quite high from the fret board, making intricate solos quite fiddly. However, as a beginner when I got this guitar, I didn't find this to be a problem. Also, the single coil pickups can suffer an irritating amount of trebly interference, and sometimes I even managed to listen in on the neighbour's television. However, it works fine on most settings. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Personally, I wouldn't use this guitar if I was playing Live. Sure, it looks good and makes a nice clean sound, but I would be concerned that the strap would keep becoming detatched. Also, I have had a few problems with the electronics in the past, and have needed to have the guitar fixed. Also, the volume dial isnt particulary effective; it has the numbers 1-10 on it, but really there are only three levels of volume - silent, quiet, loud. After playing this guitar regulary for nearly four years, I would say the finish is still in a decent condition, and overall, thi guitar is a good beginner's guitar. // 5

Overall Impression: As I have said, I don't think this guitar matches my metal/rock style very well, although as a beginner I didn't really have a style, so this wont be a problem if this is your first guitar. I've been playing now for almost four years, and I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this guitar. Yes, I know it's only a lump of wood with metal strings attached, but there's just something about it that brings it to life, and I'd be devastated if I were ever to lose it. However, I wouldn't buy it again, because I believe I'm at a more advanced level of ability, and would benefit from a more expensive guitar. Overall, I'd say it was a faithful companion, that has been there whenever I feel the need to rock out. // 9

Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 11, 2006

Purchased from: Spectre Sound

Features: No doubt it was made in china when I have no idea but I bought it in 2004 it has 21 frets, it's Rosewood with Bass wood main body and a laminated top with a nice finish in sunburst, Strat in style with a typical Strat tremelo bridge which I must admit I think hinders its sound quality, I think a fixed bridge would be better for a cheaper guitar like this. Three fairly basic single pickups are included so they have included a 5-way selector with two tone and a volume controls but they dont seem to affect on the tone as much as I would have liked, the tuners are very basic although not bad in design they lock sometimes causing string snaps and a little difficulty in tuning but in general they are quite good. // 6

Sound: I bought the guitar as a start out guitar, for playing stuff like Blinik 182 on, as I have progressed I now play stuff like silverstein, lost prohets, alcaline trio. To be honest once you pass the start out stage you find the limits of this guitar, although it does sound good when you get playin the rattle on the strings does not help and it's quite noticable, it sounds a little high pitch the sound is not that thick and wholesome, still its a cheap guitar and a fine one at that, if I was starting out again I would have to say I would not buy this guitar alot of the frustrations I associated with my playing were acctualy to do with the guitar. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: The bridge was well out it needed reseting, the intonation was well out that needed setting too, I have tweaked the truss rod too to lower buzz and it has worked to some extent, to be honest I did not think the guitar was setup well at all. The strings were not so good either get some ernie ball's on it. // 3

Reliability & Durability: Nope it would not withstand live playin, the hardware would soon wear out and I could not trust it when playin live, let's put it this way if I did id always have a backup, the finish I would have to say seems good, I dont think it would wear but let's face it its not a three coat laquer is it, live playin would soon have it showin wear! // 4

Overall Impression: Playing for 2 years, it does play ok for certain things but to be honest I've found it hard to match it up with a style of music it works well with consistenly, I use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and that's much better but that cost much more, if it got stolen I would not buy it again, my brother who started at the same time bought a Yamaha at the same time as me and I thought that was a much better guitar, his only cost a little more too I wish I would have gone that little extra to Start out with. // 5

Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 18, 2006

Purchased from: Fairdeal music

Features: This guitar, my first of many was a very, very good deal indead. Probably, if it has one fault at all, it's the similarity to the Fender Stratocaster. With three pickups, each producing a clean or 'dirty' effect great for hard riffs, two tone controls and one volume (built into the well shapen body, the classic 'Strat' shape), and a string-thru body bridge, it looks the buisness, and sounds very rock 'n' roll. Also, it comes with a tremelo arm built in, saving any trips to the shop to get one fitted. // 9

Sound: As a begginer I'm only using small amps at the momment, the highwatt Spitfire and the powerfull but porterfull Squier Sidekick. Also, the guitar seams only to kick out when either amp is set on overdrive, and has a natural distorted effect that helps riffs but makes leads seam quite distorted at the max which is quite unfair on the shredders and lead guitarist out there. But, what it gives to riffs it gives at full power. The best effect the guitar gives is the string bend and vibrato, but it can carry of a legato slide quite well in the hands of a good player and hammer ons, and pull offs. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar, probably the only bad thing about it was that the strings were loose at the fullest and very, very slack, but the fret board was filled and waxed well, the body was clean and well varnished and the machine heads were well fitted. Everything was fine in all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've performed twice with my Tanglewood and it's pulled off both gigs well apart from the obvious lead parts, but the body was fine in the heat of the lights and the strap was snug and well held. I would use a backup if I was in a big band on a tour of the country as it wouldn't work with every song probally as of it's heavy sounding nature, and the strings untune after vigerous playing but if your gentle, it could go a few hours solid playing. The varnish is thick on my model as well, which gives it a good durability. // 8

Overall Impression: The music I play on my guitar is a cross between metal and hard core punk, and this guitar is good for the rhythm sections and some slides and bass type lines, and I've had it for about a year now, along with my BC Rich beast that I use for the leads now. When I bought the guitar, I wish I'd asked more about the tone settings as they don't do much to the sound of my model but I've looked into that and it's surpossed to. If it was stolen or broken, I would probally buy this guitar again but I might ask more about it in the shop. My fav feature is probally the body shape and structure, and I love the bridge design. But, I am quite so-so on the distorted sound of single strings, but, you can't have every thing. If I wish it had anything, I probally wish it had a built in delay, fazer to add effects to songs without the need of shelling out 100 or something pounds for a pedal or two. // 8

Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: matster, on may 01, 2006

Features: I am not quite sure of where it was made or when to be honest but I amjust starting out so I haven't any good ideas for good guitars but it does what I need it for. It has 21 frets and the frets are not fat or small but the neck is pretty thin. No laminated top. I have done a bit of work to my guitar so I think it has a mahogany neck bit it came as Maple to my knowlege. It is a Strat style body and the bridge is chrome string-thru-body bridge. Dunno about the active or passive electronics. There are the volume, bass, treble, and 3-way switch. My finish is blue fades with black strikes through it. I have a white scratch board. I got a gig bag, a dtrap, lead and a starter amp but I now have a Marshall amp. // 9

Sound: I do all types of music, it is great for heavy stuff, not so good for sad songs, good for punk and pop-rock (Beatles, Green Day ect). As I said I am using a Marshall amp but when I am recording but not playing at the start it gives a hum and it is very annoying. I am currently finding a really good effect pedal (anyone that reads this please give some surgestions for pedals). It is rather quiet, on overdrive and full gain it has such a heavy sound, I think it is great, but it does sound flat on clean and I would rather it be rich so I am also looking for new guitar (if youn read can you give surgesstions for guitars that are not Flying V's because my mate had diffuculties holding his up). It is very varietied. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up was not impressive, after I baught it I had to tighten every screw and 1 botl, the strings were not in tune and I got no manual for using it as I was a sterter and I had no idea of anything. The fretwire was not well filed so I had it done by an expert, the wood was dirty and I gave it a proper clean, pegs loose as f--k, pickup selector gave ratteling sounds, controls very loose but it was all fixed when I got it by a guitar repair shop. I would not advise anyone to buy it without testing to see the screws and fittings. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I think that it would not be advisable for live playing, the hardware does not look like it will last long, strap buttons have fallen out twice when I was playing in pubs, I would need backups for a concert but I can rely on it for pubs but when I get a decent guitar that will all change, and the guitar will not last long and I think it will wear out to easily after I play on it for another year. // 4

Overall Impression: I have said I play everythng, I have been playing it for about 2 years now, I would have asked about the screws being tight, guitar being in tune, bridge make and the other bridges able to be fitted and the neck. I would not buy it ever if I knew it was this bad, I would buy a Zakk Wylde guitar. I hate pretty much everything about it. I dont compare it as it would always loose. I wish it had a floyd rose bridge, a neck like Dimebags did, a better tremlo bar, bigger frets and many other things like a more reliable body and fittings. // 7

Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: cmccrory, on december 11, 2006

Purchased from: Belfast Music Supplies

Features: This guitar was made in Japan and has been put together quite well. 21 frets. Strat style body and neck. My finish was just the black and white Fender style. With it you one volume knob and two tone knobs, plus a 3-way pickup selector. With it I got a very good Hiwatt practice amp, I think it is the Spitfire model, plus a gig bag and cable. Would have been nice if they had thrown in a tuner as this is my first guitar. // 7

Sound: When I was first starting out playing guitar I was playing Led Zep, Metallica and Green Day among many others. Now after having this guitar for a year I have on to more complicated stuff e.g.: Muse, Guns N' Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc. I think I prefered the guitar when I was playing simpler stuff. Sounds quite good when played through my DigiTech effects pedal but sounds quite boring and limited without. It's good for metal but doesn't cut it when it comes to solos. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Because this is my first guitar, I have not yet made any changes to it. No visible flaws then or now on the guitar itself. The strap I got with it was a bit rubbish as it broke after a couple of months. I bought a new strap 8 months ago and have had no further problems. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm hopefully doing a gig in Feb and I am confident that it would be able to withstand it. I am using it as a backup though because I am getting a Epiphone Les Paul 100 in a couple of weeks. It is quite dependable but would probably break in some form after years of solid playing. // 9

Overall Impression: It is a decent enough match to the stuff I play but not perfect. If it were stolen I would probably buy a Squier Strat or Tele. The other possibility would be a Yamaha Pacific. It is a brilliant beginners guitar and the pack I got had great value for money. But if you are a serious guitarist then look elsewhere. Decent enough guitar. // 6

Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: Razza999, on april 30, 2007

Purchased from: Saturn Music

Features: The first guitar I have baught and I love it. It was Brand New and made in China. It is a full scale guitar with 21 frets. Solid body with a laminate. Rosewood neck with Maple fingerboard, and finished with thru blue with white scratchplate. Body style is Strat, it comes with 1 volume control and 2 tone conrols with a 5-way toggle switch. My guitar came with a gigbag, strap, lead, Hiwatt Maxwatt Spitfire 10watt amp, stand, earphones and 5 picks. // 8

Sound: This guitar is amazing with its veraity of styles it can create, it can do anything, blues, rock, metal, Indie, anything. It's truely an all-rounder. I do admit that with Metal it isn't as good as you want it to be but you can rectify that problem by getting a 20Watt amp with added effects, I borrowed a mates 20Watt Amp and the sound just blew me away when doing songs like Metallica's Sad But True. Palm Mutting becomes a lot easier to hear. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar has been manufactured really well it's ver solid and since I am a clumsy person after 3 weeks it hasn' got a single mark on it apart from the scratchs of my pick. Everything is secured, even the strings which I hve thought would have snapped by now hve outlivved they're life expectancy. There were no major flaws. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Well I'm comingup to a Live gig soon and since it's the only one I'v got, I'm pretty confident nothing will go wrong with it. I may have to fit all newstrings in before the gig because the original strings life expectency is overdue. I practiced at a friedns house and I gave the guitar abit of a welly then and it just coped with it. I could certainly rely on this guitar anytime. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal/hard rock and I've only been paying 3 weeks and this is my first guitar. I had no questions to ask the shop owner, I was confident in what I was buying. If I did loose it or it had been stolen I would get another but only as a practice guitar. I like the guitars looks and especially it's sound. I don't like the head stock but that's just me bieng picky. My Favorite feature, whammy bar! I was considering getting a Vintage SG but it cost more and didn't have any stuff with it so I settled with the Nevada and I'm hapy that I did. Get a better gig bag than I did. // 9

Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: niallk280, on july 23, 2008

Price paid: € 150

Features: Features a lightweight solid Poplar body with hard maple neck (this paticular guitar neck was made with a brilliant piece of wood with really nice markings) and includes all the usual Strat style features including 3 pickups with 5-way selector switch, overall volume control and 2 tone controls for the neck and middle pickups giving a great variety of sounds, built in floating tremelo, recessed jack socket, contured body for comfort, enclosed machine heads, adjustable neck truss rod. Finish is a dark blue body with a white scratchplate. mine came in a set with a Hiwatt spitfire amp, a gigbag (which is a terrible one)and some small extras (like picks and a DVD). // 8

Sound: It has a brilliant clean sound and sounds equally as good with the distortion on. If your looking for something to play heavy metal with then this isnt the guitar for you it's fine for the less heavy stuff though. I use this through a 15watt Hiwatt amp (bad amp). I play a bit of everything and it's great for almost anything. What I said about heavy metal could be sorted out by getting a good amp (mine's a dissaster). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It was well set up, although it could be that the shop I got it from tweaked it a bit, nothing was loose, all well adjusted, one fret buzzes slightly sometimes on the 6th string but that's pretty much it. The finish lasted me so far and it's had a few knocks, everything is well screwed on and so far I've had no problems with it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think the guitar would easily with stand being played Live and it very rarely seems to go out of tune. The hardware seems very good none of it seems like it would fall off. The guitars had a few knocks and the finish still looks like new. I would happily use the guitar to gig with it's very dependable. // 10

Overall Impression: If it were stolen I would go for something better, but I'll definately miss it. Best guitar I've seen for it's price range, better than the more popular Yamaha Pacifica 012, even costs less, it's very underrated. Definately worth getting as your first guitar or as a backup. This one of the begginer guitars and really cheap. // 8

Nevada FST 32 Reviewed by: Stugg334, on may 20, 2009

Purchased from: Intersound

Features: Chinese made beginner electric, my first and only guitar so not really in a position to compare with others. Maple neck, I got mine in cherry sunburst which I'm regretting, it's much more Orange thatn cherry sunburst. It's a basic Strat copy, with a trem that does it's job, not brilliantly. Volume and two tones knobs, 5 way selector. // 7

Sound: I play some Indie, and Killers and Kings Of Leon. Bridge pickup is really icy, maybe just with my amp though, neck pickup doesnt really have any depth. Sounds best with Lynyrd Skynrd for me, neck fast enough for sweet child o mine ecetra, not for metal. Like other comments it really can't handle fast leads, just not in the price range to do so. Its much better than my mates Yamaha pacifica. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Neck needs adjusting after 10 months, string bends choke occasionally. Everything else has held out, doesnt dent easily, no big scratches. I don't gig so can't really judge. There are no obvious flaws, neck is a little sticky. The action was poor from the factory, but the shop guy set it up witha low action perfect for my inexperienced paws. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Won't stand Live i don't think. Pickups seem to be okay, and the strap buttons do a great job, of doing nothing. No problems with those. Finish seems like it wouldn't hold up to gigs, so if I was good enough i wouldn't rely on it at gigs. I would definately recommend buying a new strap, the one that comes with it stretches really easily. // 6

Overall Impression: Its a really good beginners guitat and excellent value, does what i need it to. But im am saving up for a Vintage, Washburn or hopefully PRS SE. Wish i got it in tobacco sunburst, no other real regrets. Will hopefull sound better when i get a new amp, my Hiwatt spitfire is truly awful. // 7

More Tanglewood reviews rating category latest review
+ TW130 ASM CE 9 Acoustic Guitars 07/24/2014