V100 Review

manufacturer: Vintage date: 10/01/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Vintage: V100
22 frets, set neck, two tone pots and two volume pots. Mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard. The two pickups are alnico humbuckers and the scale is 628 mm. Being as Les Paul copy, the guitar is also fitted with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and trapezoid inlays.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.8
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.2
 8.9
 8.9
 8.8
reviews (30) pictures (3) 65 comments vote for this gear:
V100 Reviewed by: McCheese, on march 27, 2006

Purchased from: GuitarBitz.com

Features: 22 frets, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, tobacco sunburst finish, Les Paul style body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 2 volume, 2 tone controls, 2 humbuckers, gold Wilkinson hardware. // 10

Sound: I play MCR, Green Day, Fall Out Boy and similar music and it has no trouble at all coping with any of these music styles with the Pickup Switch set to Treble. It's also great for a more blues sound when set to the Rhythm position. It even sounds great on just my 10 Watt Stagg CA-10. It feels like it could be used to play anything. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When it came out of the box, it was ready to play, the action was perfect, whe pickups were perfect, and was put together perfectly. As soon as I played it even without an amp I could tell it was an excellent guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would definately gig with this without a backup. The pickups are easily powerful enough to play live. Despite what other people have said, the strap buttons are very solid and work perfectly with my Gibson Strap. This thing could withstand a nuclear blast. The paint wouldn't come off even if you tried. The pickups get marked quite easily, though, but it isn't very noticeable. // 9

Overall Impression: I bought this to replace my Squier Strat and god, it's 1000000 times better. There have been no problems, and it is perfect for my style of music. I love the finish on it with the gold humbuckers. I tried Epiphone Les Pauls, but this just felt better put together, and sounded better. If it were lost I would probably force the guy who stole it (I would find him/her) to eat my old Strat. It's that good. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 18, 2003

Purchased from: Stagebeat

Features: This guitar is packed with features for the money I paid. When you take it out of the box it looks and plays a dream. The gold hardware sits atop a silky smooth maple body. All 22 frets play well but some choke a bit but this can only be heard when its not plugged in an amp. the pickguard has defended the guitars maple body really well and hasn't shown a scratch since I got it. The humbuckers work really well. // 10

Sound: I play metalica style music from mainly the kill em all to reload albums. It plays these really well. Snap this up with a DigiTech RP50 and youll get the perfect sound for One! I also use a vox wah, Danelectro distortion and chorus (which I think kick ass! Choose boss if you want to sound like everyone else :P) and the rp50. I use Washburn Mad Dog amps which kick ass . There is no noise even when held up to a computer moniter. The only problem about the sound is that if you dont have amp that sounds anything like a rectifier is sounds a bit too rich. Other than that its great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The only niggles I had were that it came with a scrath on the cutaway and the jack and volume control were loose. But these were easily fixed when I sent it back. The scratch was permanent though but they knocked about 30 quid off it to say sorry. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great for live work. I also use a Westfield Stratocaster which is another great guitar for the money. It will last a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: It is amazing value. If Gibson got their hands on it theyd slap their name on and sell it for 1000. If it were stolen I'd hunt the cunt down. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: DownDirtyDog, on november 07, 2005

Purchased from: soundsmusical.com

Features: This guitar has a blues rock look, mine is finished in tobacco sunburst. It has a mahogany body and maple neck (it's really smoothe). It has gold plated hardware including the twin double coil pickup layout (Wilkinson pick ups), Tune-O-Matic bridge and tulip head tuners. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my music style just right, I like to play blues rock such as Eric Clapton and Led Zeppelin and also stuff like Iron Maiden or Nirvana. This guitar seems to me to be great for a beginner who is still searching for a "style" as it can be used for just about anything. I'm using my Vintage with a Vox Pathfinder 15R, which is a great amp let me tell you! I've played my Vintage through a couple of other amps and it really does sound much better through the Vox. The quality of the sound from this guitar is also great, it sounds so clean and it's so easy to play, it makes you sound like a better musician than you actually are (being a beginner and all). It makes you want to play it more and more. You can also Switch to fatter sounds with the rhythm/lead Switch, lay on some gain and you've got a great grungy crunch, lean it off a little and you have that classic blues rock sound. It's really very versatile. It certainly has better sounds than my friends guitars, they were amazed at the sounds I got out of it and couldn't believe the price I paid for this quality. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the Vintage the action wasn't set right, there was a lot of buzzing from the low E, that was easily fixed! When I got the guitar I looked over it, I loved the way it looked and the tobacco finish was gorgeous. There were flaws though, you could only see them if you're a picky sod like me. Things like on the pickup selector you can see the seams of the plastic head sticking out a little, the pick guard also looks a little cheap. It's these tiny little flaws that remind you how much it cost, and when you go into a shop and see some real les pauls you will notice these differences in quality straight away. I can't take too many points off for these things though, as they are miniscule and can barely be noticed. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I really cannot comment on "live playing" or anything like that, but I can tell you that this guitar feels well made. It has a solid feel to it compared with others in the price range, I think I'll be playing it for some time to come (or until I feel like making the step up to something better). // 8

Overall Impression: I'm really very impressed with my Vintage, I think for the price I paid I got the best value for money out there. If it were stolen or lost I would definately buy another, I'd even have the same colour finish! It's just so versatile and feels so nice to play. Some of you with your real Les Pauls and Strats may be thinking I've marked this way too high, I just want to say that I've marked this guitar thinking about how it compares to others in it's price range. In conclusion this is a great guitar for the beginner. // 9

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 04, 2011

Price paid: € 298

Purchased from: M&C Music, Bucharest, Romania

Features: My Vintage V 100 is made in 2010, in Indonesia, according to the label. It has 22 medium frets, on a scale of 628 mm (since we all know it is a "copy" of a Gibson LP, these figures belong to public knowledge). Frets are remarquably finished for a guitar in this price range. Body and neck are made in Mahogany, while the fretboard is in Rosewood. It has a very beautiful Flame Maple top too. Its color is Cherry Sunburst: not my favorite, but, since the guitar is a gift from someone I love, it just doesn't matter. I also own two other guitars, one is Satin and the other Black, so a little variation of colors is welcome. I forgot to mention the set-neck construction. Being, as I said, an LP "copy", its body is very much alike the Gibson's flagship. But Trev Wilkinson has added a few little changes to the model: the headstock proudly bears Trev's "W" instead of Gibson's "Open Book", the inlays aren't trapezoid, and the cut is deeper, allowing you to reach to the 22nd fret much easier. All hardware comes from Wilkinson as well: the Tune-O-Matic bridge and the tuning pegs (old school, made in plastic, very authentic but fragile too), all beautifully built and finished. Until now, this combination proves to be surprisingly stable and reliable, the tuning stability being remarkable despite the lack of any locking device. The two humbuckers are Trev's as well, passive of course, designed after Seth Lover's specs, with the exception of the microphony of the old Seth's pickups (who weren't wax potted). Two Tones, two Volumes, a 3-way toggle switch. No accesories included, if you don't take a poor lead for an accessory. // 9

Sound: I play the guitar for about 30 years now, but I'm not a professional and I quitted playing in bands some 20 years ago. I mainly play Progressive, Hard Rock and some Blues. I also compose pretty awkward songs for voice and electric guitar, the latter exploring many sound areas with the help of a sound processor. Despite being a gift, the V100 suits me just fine. It's versatile, because the 3-way toggle Switch is complemented by the four Volume and Tone knobs, which allow you to get to a wide range of sounds. I have a basic equipment at home: a Vox Pathfinder 15 W and a Korg AX 1G sound processor, but, as I've mentioned in other reviews, I have access to many professional amps and pedals, since some of my closest friends play in pro bands. Actually, you don't need to use an AC 30 in order to understand how good this guitar is. Even with a microscopic AC 30 AmPlug, the V100 sounds great! It isn't noisy, but, being an LP-type guitar, it is clear from the very beginning it won't be so brilliant as a Strat. The two humbuckers are meaty, providing a rich sound with great harmonics and considerable depth. Playing clean, with little gain on the amp and the toggle Switch in the middle position, you can get a surprisingly clean accoustic sound. No "bell" sounds, though. Sometimes it's too meaty and too "punchy": I can't imagine it could play "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", but neither can do an "original" Les Paul. It's great for Rock, however if you want to play Blues, just Switch to "Rythm" position and... here you are. I even tried to reach to some Metal sounds, and the V100 delivered exactly what I expected to get. It's really an amazing guitar. I wouldn't refer to it as "the best possible copy of an LP", because it has a character of its own. Offering the same basic features as an LP, it is more adapted to the needs of the modern player (for instance, its sound is clear even when heavily distorted). It emulates the spirit of the first Les Pauls, hence it's more "original" than recent Gibson productions, such as the despicable Studio Les Paul. Briefly, this is a guitar you can play on and communicate to, not mummified memories of a glorious past. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up was excellent (I know it because I tested the instrument at the music shop before my brother decided to buy it for me). Only the G string, strummed roughly, shows some fret buzzs in the first half of the fretboard, but I suspect the bad factory strings are guilty for that. In a couple of days I'll replace them with some GHS "David Gilmour Signature Strings" and I'm pretty sure the buzz will vanish. Pickups were perfectly adjusted too, I just took the instrument out of its (very) cheap cardboard box, plugged it into my amp and played on it. Action was a little higher than on other LPs I've seen - a feature I like, because it boosts fingers' dynamics -, but it can be fixed by anyone in about 2 minutes. The strings' tension was right, the knobs and the toggle Switch are as they should be, nothing is rusted, nothing is misaligned. Only the bridge humbucker shows some little stains, but nickel never stays in a perfect condition for a long time anyway. Finish is of an excellent quality, especially if you don't forget we are speaking about a guitar costing only a fraction of a Gibson. // 9

Reliability & Durability: From my experience, I can instantly answer: yes, this guitar withstands any kind of live and - that's more important, my friends - studio playing. All the hardware seems very solid, maybe with the exception of the plastic tuning pegs (but I'm not the kind of "player" who drops its guitar or throws it into the public). Strap buttons are solid, however I consider the possiblity of replacing them by Dunlop's straplocking system, as a supplementary precaution. It's too early to say that I depend on the V100, one of my other two guitars being upgraded upon my specific requests and hence being very competitive. But I'm in love of the Vintage since I tested it in the music shop. I felt the need of an LP in my equipment and I was equally disappointed by Epihones (due to poor sound and low quality wood) and Gibsons (the good ones are far too expensive, while the "affordable", despite being expensive too, aren't true Gibsons). My Vintage is a real instrument, it has a character of its own, it's well built and I'm sure it will last for many many years from now on. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said, I play Progresive, Hard Rock and some Blues. The V100 is not very good for Progressive, but it's amazing for all the other stuff I play. It also helps me redefine my style, since I discovered a different range of sounds than those I was used to on my other two guitars, both of them basicly Fender types. I've been playing for 30 years, however, it's only recently that I've discovered the LP: until 2-3 years ago, I was Fender's inconditional fan. With the age, a certain wish for more depth and authenticity brought me to the LP. Thus, Vintage V100 is a good match, although it is not my best guitar (this place being reserved for my Yamaha Pacifica 120 S, with Seymour Duncan pickups and Jinho Locking keys). If stolen, I'd suffer very deeply and I'd try to get another one, although I know there won't be another one: Vintage makes true guitars, not labels, hence there are not two V100 of a kind... Above all, I love its complexity. It's such a reffined instrument! The detail that I'll never play "Green Is The Color" on it doesn't change the obvious fact that it is a wonderful guitar, which can only be compared to the high-end Epiphone Les Pauls (like the Black Beauty) and the real Gibsons. I don't care snobs will say it's not a genuine guitar: it really is something else than a copy, it's an instrument full of character and very very good for its price. If you want to get serious about Rock, grab it, my friends! // 10

V100 Reviewed by: fridge_raider, on october 31, 2003

Purchased from: Fox's Music

Features: The Vintage V100 is a terrific Les Paul Copy, so obviously it's specs are similar to an LP but cheaper ;) - 22 frets, set neck, two tone pots and two volume pots. The body is made from mahogany, with a mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, and binding on the body and neck. The make of the tuners is not specified, but they are made from Die cast gold. The two pickups are alnico humbuckers and the scale is 628 mm. Being as Les Paul Copy, the guitar is also fitted with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and trapezoid inlays. // 10

Sound: I personally find this guitar to be rather versatile. A number of tones can be gained from the 3 way selector by tweaking the tone and volume pots. I play blues, rock and metal on it and find that it can handle all three and more, and has a great warm clean sound and rich distorted sound. For this price though, the pickups are obviously not the best, but I was surprised at the quality. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was well set up out of the box with no adjustments needed as the action was already at the level that I prefer. The pickups were also fine. The translucent wine red finish (with grain of wood showing through) looks gorgeous and together with the gold hardware and binding lends a look of class to the guitar. My only minor quibble in this section is that the binding on the neck is a little poorly applied in some places, but on the body, it is spot on. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is durable, the finish seems very thick and well able to withstand small knocks and dings without suffering damage. The strap button are strong and the guitars construction seems solid. The hardware seems to easily get scratched but this isn't a large problem at all, as long as you take care of your guitars. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar was a fantastic choice, soundwise and lookswise. When I bought it, I was considering other Les Paul copies, particularly Epiphone, but found that I preferred this. And excellent guitar, especially for the price. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: slashs_#1_fan, on june 18, 2005

Features: Not sure when it was made, look up the "John Hornby Skewes" website for the features. It has 22 frets with trapeziod inlays. Mine has a gloss black finish with a Tune-O-Matic bridge with 2 volume and 2 tone controls for the 2 humbuckers. It came with no accessories. // 10

Sound: I prefer to play hard rock like Guns N' Roses and I like to play Rage Against The Machine. My band plays blues rock. It suits all these styles great. I'm currently using it with my Marshall MG15CD, but I have plugged it into my mates 80w Fender. It sounds great in the Fender, and great in the Marshall when the toggle Switch is set to "treble". It sounds a bit too fat on "rhythm" but that its not only down to the guitar. The "rhythm" setting gives a great solo sound on my mates Fender amp, but is still too thick for riffing. Both settings sound lacking in depth, but for 179, you would expect the stock pickups to be poor. For the price they are good. You can get a variety of sounds out of this guitar but the pickups tend to struggle with solo's. The sound tends to break up when playing on the "E, G and B" strings whilst a note from the "E, A or D" strings is still vibrating. I would replace the pickups if I had money. I have used my friends Gibson Les Paul through my amp so I can compare it to the Gibson. Obviously it doesnt come close but it is a very good effort for the people at Vintage guitars. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar out of the box, I needed to file down the 8th and 13th frets and they had minor damage and bending the strings would have just broken them. This annoyed me a little but it sounded fine afterwards. Apart from that, I could play it straight from the box (I needed to tune it obviously). The finish was perfect although now I've had it for a year and a bit, it has so many fingerprints that are un-removable (obviously my fault). I would rather that I got the tobacco sunburst now, but colours, dents and the general appearance of a guitar doesnt bother me. Except for the fret damage, it was perfect when I got it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would happily gig with this guitar. It is solid and will last me. I changed the strap buttons to get strap locks because the buttons were a bit small and my strap kept on coming off. I would gig it without a backup. I have a buzz on the 19th fret but that only came as I started stringing it myself. The only faults with the guitar were caused by me. It is solid and reliable and worth the money. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar does suit my style well, and is nice to play. The neck is nice and it is attractive. The sound could be better, but stock pickups on a 179 guitar are never going to be that good. My Brother has a Telecaster, my best friend has a PRS Soapbar and I have another friend who has a Gibson Les Paul. I prefer the feel and the way this guitar plays to the PRS and the Telecaster, but the PRS sounds a lot better and the Telecaster doesn't suit my style. Obviously the Gibson wins hands down but for 179 this guitar is great. You could buy some Gibson humbuckers and buy this and fit them on this for less than a third of the price of the Gibson, although the Gibson feels nicer to play. Most people looking at this review will not be able to afford a Gibson and I think this beats any guitar in the 0-250 price range. If it were lost of stolen I would get the insurance money and a bit more of my own and probably buy a Fender Stratocaster as I'm suffering from mike mccready syndrome at the moment, but don't get me wrong, I love this guitar. My only mistake was getting the black, I wish I had bought the tobacco. It is a dust magnet so it needs a lot of care. With the minor damage and a slightly weak sound, I can only give this an overall rating of 4, but I highly recommend it to any1 as a starter guitar. // 8

V100 Reviewed by: brainfreeze4u, on april 13, 2006

Purchased from: local music shop

Features: 22 frets, solid body in wine red; mahogany body and neck with white binding and a rosewood finger board, golden plated electronics and knobs, 2 tone pots, 2 volume pots, 2 mini humbucker Alnico pickups, Wilkinson gold machine heads, 3-way selector Switch. // 10

Sound: I tend to play blues and 80's rock mostly, I use a Marshall TSL122 speaker set, the guitar isn't the quietest at high volumes, but at anything under Gigscale it performs wonderfully, the feedback is minimal and with the selctor set to treble the sound is sharp and responsive. Set it to rhythm and it plays comfortably the mid rnage notes without too much twang like I get from my Fender. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish is fantastic, the wine red mahogany with the woodgrain visible through the lacquer looks great, the gold plated accessories look good, but I have found it has worn of near the bridge and on the bridge side pickup where it has much contact with my palm. The finsish ont he neck was touchy, with several things that initially annoyed me. I planed down some of the binding, replaced the laquer and redid the markers, looks fantastic. The jackplug and potentiometers werent attached properly, I opened the guitar up and set everything in its place, whilst doing so noticed a lot of residual woodshaving dust and some mediocre shaping of the inside cavity, not that this makes a difference or will ecven be noticed by many people. The pickups didn't come properly adjusted, and I found myself having to readjust them so that all strings came out at the same volume, and similarly the action was to high for my liking, but as with any guitar nothings perfect when you first get it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Everything seems fine so far, been playing it regularly for 2 years no hiccups. A few minor adjustments made by myself, but not essential, tend to use it in gigs mainly as a backup in case my Gibson cuts out, has happened once or twice. Reliable strong built guitar, the wilkinson machine heads dont seem to hold thier place too well after a while, but its just a matter of fixing them. The gold finish has experienced some wear where my plam rests near the bridge, and the lacquer has worn off on the binding of the body where my arm rubs when strumming. Overall pretty reliable but I have used it a lot. // 9

Overall Impression: For the price this guitar is fantastic, my Gibson SG sometimes finds itself being put down in prefernce to the oldshool tone of this reliable guitar. I bought it as a present for my girlfriend whom it turns out didnt continue to learnt to play, I adopted it and it has seved me well, lasting longer in fact than my relationship, which both have suffered some wear and tear. If it was stolen I think I would buy another, purely because it is an indispensible tool as a backup guitar and something to use without wearing out my other guitars. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: Danfender, on april 26, 2007

Purchased from: guitarbitz.com

Features: My V100 is in cherry sunburst and looks great! If you ignore the headstock it looks like it is a 1000 guitar! It was made in china. It has a set neck, which for a guitar in this price bracket is a great feature for extra sustain. The solid mahogany body is a nice weight and gives the sound out nicely. 22 medium ish frets! // 9

Sound: I play blues/rock and this guitar can really pull off that early Eric Clapton sound. it's humbuckers sound very good distorted, but like most humbuckers not so great clean. I use a Roland cube30 with a Boss metal zone pedal and it gives me a nice rich sound even at low volumes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Heres where the guitar slips a bit with the. When I bought the guitar (of the internet) there was a horrible buzz on the 12th fret. It cost me 25 to get it a set-up from my local guitar shop. If you buy this guitar in a shop however, it should be set-up alright. The finish looks great though as you can see the grain of wood through my finish. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Reliability and durability seems to be good. I haven't played this guitar on stage yet but if I was gigging with it I would be quite confident that it would keep working well. One of the tone knobs is wobbly but I think I did that when taking it to band practices. // 8

Overall Impression: If you want a guitar to do most styles of music especially rock nicely then I strongly recommend this guitar. I have high expectations on guitars as I also have an American Stratocaster but I am still pleased with this guitar, and for the money you can't go wrong with it. If it were stolen I would claim on our house insurance to get me a new one now! // 9

V100 Reviewed by: hminh87, on july 15, 2008

Features: I think this guitar was made from early 2006 in China. According to the seller the neck is '60s style, set Mahogany with Rosewood fingerboard. Solid mahogany body, maple top with Tobacco Sunburst finish (it's really beautiful btw). My guitar came to me without any finish flaw, scratch or ding. It features two covered humbuckers, TOM and stoptail. 2 volume and 2 tone knobs (UFO type), standard 3-way toggle switch. The straps might need to be replaced. // 9

Sound: I'm running this guitar through my Line 6 Pocket POD and my sister's Piano (which has really powerful speaker). I play mostly Guns 'n Roses, Velvet Revolver and Metallica. This guitar can deliver them all. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock Wilkinson pickups. In fact, they sound really good to my ears. I was so pleased with the Slash tone I can pull off these little thingies. The original plan was to swap them with my Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded set (JB/Jazz) but now I don't really know anymore. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came to me with very good setup. Action was medium, exactly how I like it. Intonation was spot on. The pickup height needed a little adjusting. The bindings has turned cream and hardware have started to tarnish. Since I like 'Vintage' type of guitar these can only be a huge plus. Neck was quite straight with a tiny little relief. No high or low frets, no dead notes anywhere. Some noticeable scratches on the side of the fretboard which I think from the filing of the fret edges. Not the best inlay works I've seen but they're not bad at all. Wilkinson Deluxe tuners hold tuning surprisingly good. Even better than my last Epiphone Custom Grovers in my opinion. The Switch makes a huge noise when switching. It will be replaced soon. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is solid and heavy. The finish will last for a long time. My only concern is the strap buttons. They don't look like to be able to hold the weight of this guitar for long. But we never know. I would be able to depend on this guitar without any backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I have only been playing guitar for one and half year. I've owned a Ibanez RG321MH, Epi ZW LP Custom and a ESP LTD MH-1000. I think I do know my fair deal about guitars and stuffs around it. I came to Vintage because I only needed a guitar to play through the summer but oh boy! I think I'm going to keep this little bad boy for a long time now. This is probably the best J200 I've spent! // 10

V100 Reviewed by: Jimmypage356, on august 18, 2008

Features: This phenominal guitar was made in 2006. I am not sure where it was made. It has 22 frets and the neck inlays are trapezoid and the neck is mahogany. With a solid top. Neck wood is made of mahogany. The finish is a gorgeous sunburst. It's got a cutaway. The bridge style is tune o matic. There are three tone controls and on volume control. The pickups are wilkinson pickups. I got a bag and a strap with it which was pretty cool. // 9

Sound: This guitar suits all the styles I play! From Led Zeppelin to Rage Against The Machine this guitar suits all. I play loads of Iron Maiden and new kind of punk rock and this guitar is perfect! I replaced it for my Fender Squier and this is much better the sound is amazing especially when set to treble. Some times the rythm sounds to fat but overall a great sound. The amp I'm currently using is a cheap Fender amp but it still sounds great on the guitar. A very rich sound. This guitar has a large variety and I would recommend it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Guitar was set up at the factory very well and the only flaw was that it didn't come tuned which costed me a string but no worrys. Everything else was fine. the scrath plate was a little loose but I fixed that. Everything else was absolutley great! There were no other flaws it looks amazing. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've only had this guitar for like a week but I know that I would definitley use this for gigging. The hardware will last a long time. The strap buttons are very solid. I would gig without a back up because I think this can last. The finish does not seem to wear off easily. So highly recommended way to go Vintage! // 9

Overall Impression: For the style of music I play this guitar is a perfect match there is nothing else outhere for the price that is better for me. I've been playing now for three years and am pretty good. I should have asked them if it was tuned that's the only thing. If someone took it I would beat their asses off if I found them and definitley buy the same thing. My favourite thing about this guitar is the sound I can't get over it and it's looks. You feel that you're Slash or even Jimmy Page! Best thing for the price now go and get one! // 9

V100 Reviewed by: CorrosionMedia, on september 17, 2012

Purchased from: Gear4Music.com

Features: The V100 is a Les Paul style guitar manufactured by Vintage. It has a flamed maple top, a mahogany body and Wilkinson hardware. The neck is also made from mahogany with a rosewood fretboard and 22 frets and pearloid crown inlays. On the headstock, you find Wilkinson Deluxe WJ55 tuners. On the hotter end of the guitar, you will find a pair of Wilkinson Double Coil pickups, two volume and two tone knobs - like you would find on a real Les Paul. On my V100 (Flamed Iced Tea finish) the hardware is chrome. Included with my purchase was a 2m cable and already had 9s fitted. // 8

Sound: The guitar can have a crunchy rhythm sound or a quite smooth lead tone simply by switching pickups. I am running the guitar through my Line 6 TonePort GX, and I've played with a wide range of tones and they seem to suit the guitar quite well. I usually play with a Satriani tone which suits rhythm and lead. The V100 seems to pretty noiseless when the pickup volumes are up, but when they aren't, there is a slight hum unless any grounded hardware is touched. I usually play Metal, Rock, Blues, Ska and Punk and it fits in well with all of these styles. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Out of the factory, the intonation needed alteration, but this was easily fixed with a basic toolkit and is now perfect. The pickups and action were set perfectly, requiring no change. There doesn't seem to be any cosmetic flaws, although the pickguard looks to be made of a cheap plastic and seems poorly machined. All of the components seem to be of a high quality and there is ZERO rattling. The only other issue is that the high E string tuner is rather stiff and makes you hold the guitar away from you in fear of the string breaking. The 14th fret wire on the treble side was also slightly high, making the 12th and 13th frets buzz, but this was easily fixed. // 7

Reliability & Durability: The guitar seems to be very solid, putting up with me banging the headstock occasionally with no visible damage. The body has a thick gloss lacquer, which also looks very durable. Overall, the V100 feels very durable and I would certainly play it live and not need a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I play Metal, Rock, Blues, Ska and Punk and this guitar fits in well with all of them. I've been playing for 5 years, but I've only owned two guitars - this being the third - and the V100 makes a great addition to my collection. When I was buying it, I looked into other Les Paul copies, but this seemed to be of the highest quality. If this guitar were stolen, I would definitely buy another Vintage over an Epiphone. I own a Strat and an Ibanez RG, so a Les Paul style guitar is a good addition to a collection to have a wider range of tones. To sum this guitar up, If you're looking for a Les Paul type guitar for under 400, go for this; it's miles better than the competition. // 9

V100 Reviewed by: Faith No More, on february 19, 2005

Features: it has 24 frets (thin) with a satin black finish I think? With a tune-o-matic bridge, passive electronics. With a 3-way selector Switch and tone and volume controls for each pickup. // 10

Sound: It suits most of the stuff I play grunge, punk and some metal like Nirvana, Megadeth, Metallica, Peal Jam, NOFX and some other stuff like that. I use a Epiphone Studio 10 which is fine but quite alot of buzzing when you turn the gain up, and a Boss DS-2 to hide some of the amp sounds too. The guitar has a good sound and good sustain, the neck pickup is good but I thought the bridge one was a bit screetchy and made the treble loud. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Though the 7th fret marker is squint and if you play on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd string on the first fret you get alot of buzz but it's still a good guitar. And the jack socket was a bit wobbly so that worried me abit. Nothing major though. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't know about live playing. The hardware looks like it would last since mines has got some bangs on things but doesn't seem to get dented? The stap butons are good but abit small so if you don't have straplocks the strap might fall out sometimes. Yeah I would depend on it and have another guitar just in a different tuning. The guitar has a good finish especially when it's black. // 8

Overall Impression: It has a good sound with the humbucks which is good with the distortion from my DS-2. I have been playing 5 years but this is the only guitar I own for just now. If it was stolen I would buy it again because I like the Les Paul but don't have that much money and I get a bit sentametal. I like the neck and fretboard it's good for playing fast and the sustain is really good. But the middle around the curve on the side the width looks a bit narrow might just be me but anyway. I think it could of been good if it had a bit for a whammy bar. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: Kada2110, on november 05, 2007

Purchased from: Roland Centar

Sound: Now, this guitar isnt actually mine, but my friend and me have tested it a lot. It was tested on a Roland 30W valve amp and it sounded great! The pickups are really good, made by Wilkinson, but the guitar could sound like a beast if you changed pickups. As I said, it's not mine, but I'm gonna buy it because it rocks, and I'll be using it with a Marshall MG15CD amplifier and on a 120W valve amplifier. It's not noisy, the sound is bright and clean, on overdrive, it's a rock/metal MACHINE! It only hums when you put it on distortion, volume MAX and gain MAX, but I think that is normal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar isnt mine, but I know one dude who bought it, he said that when the guitar arrived, it had a little scratch. The action was excellent, the neck pickup wasn't fitted properly, so he did that, like in 10 minuted. Actually no big flawls that you can't fix. But keep in mind, that he bought it in a shop. // 8

Reliability & Durability: That dude who I was talking about played with it 3 times Live, and he said that the guitar is really good! The strap buttons are solid, he used it without a backup. He dropped it one time in front of my eyes, and nothing! For the price, it's reliable as a high price guitar! My friend has it for a year I think, and he said that it's really reliable! // 10

Overall Impression: My style of music is classic rock/heavy metal and my own songs which are from blues to metal. It's a very versatille guitar and it can play almost everything. When I buy it, I'm planning to put DiMarzio pickups on it instead of the Wilkinson ones, but in a year or two. Maybe never, who knows. This guitar is at least one class higher from the price! The pickups are good, but if you want a good guitar that will last you and is good for gigs and stuff, change pickups, if you play home, or some small gigs, in bars etc. Then don't change pickups. The dude who has this one has a Fender USA Strat, Ibanez JEM777 and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and he says that this guitar is better from Epiphone, more comfortable from the JEM. He said that he played a Gibson LP Standard and that this guitar isnt as good as the Gibson (of course) but it has the sound quality almost equal to the Gibson. It's not as comfortable and high quality as the Gibson, but with a PickUp change, it would have the same sound as the Gibson, and sound is the only thing that mathers to me. I love everything, hate it's weight, but with a good strap, that's not a problem. My favorite feature: the amazing sound! But don't trust me, I'm a beginner, trust my friend Who plays 10-12 years and played A LOT of guitars. Buy this, you won't regret it! // 10

V100 Reviewed by: pag_slash_2, on july 30, 2008

Purchased from: DV247

Features: A good old LP copy. Made in China, mahogany body, flame maple top, single cut-away. Two Wilkinson Vintage PAF style pickups, which are loosley based on the original PAF, designed by Seth Lover for Gibson. Standard Gibson style 3-way toggle switch and one tone and volume pot for each pickup, which is useful. Tune-O-Matic bridge, and Wilkinson Deluxe tuners, which do a fine job of staying in tune, especially for such a cheap guitar. All electronics are passive (so they don't need batteries). I got mine in a gorgeous cherry sunburst finish. // 8

Sound: The sound of this guitar, through different amps is quite versatile, mainly due to the PAF pickups, which will go from some nice cleans, to a hard rock distortion. However, it should be noted that you'd probably need higher output pickups to be doing crazy black death metal riffin'. The neck pickup has some nice thick lead tones on offer, and roll back the tone pot a bit, and add some gain, and you have a particually nice 'woman tone' (think 'sunshine of your love') Clean things up and you have a full smooth clean. However, overdriven, the neck pickup can begin to sound muddy playing chords quite quickly to the point where the sound has no definition. For riffing and rhythm, I prefer the bridge pickup, which has a sharper, brighter, more defined sound. Clean, and you can get some great country twang out of it, and distored, some great rock tones if you play with you amps EQ a bit. With both pickups selected, you can get some throaty, expressive blues tones if you set your amp so it is slightly breaking up. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Take a glance at the V100, and it's virtually indistinguishable from a Standard Les Paul. Of course, it has it's differences (e.g. sharper cutaway), but the point still stands, that this guitar looks pretty damn good. The finish was impecable, and you only notice the minor imperfections (which are Standard in a budget guitar) when you look closely. The pickups were fine, the action was nice and low. My only complaints are the discoloured inlays (some of which are slightly yellowy) and some of the plastic parts, which seem a bit soft and bendy for the job. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The finish seems quite strong, but has picked up scatches over the months I've had it, I think it will last for now. Most of the hardware seems good, apart from the flimsy feeling pickup selector. However it's not all good. I have some trouble with the bottom strap button, which constantly comes loose and needs to be retightened. After about 6 months of owning the guitar, the washer and nut that hold the input jack fell off, and I had to open up the back panel of the guitar, push the input jack on, and screw the washer and nut back on, however, I should have seen this coming. Whenever the washer comes loose, you can retighten it, usually by hand, and you should know when it's coming loose. So, I'd use this for a gig, but I'd bring a backup guitar if I was rich which I'm not. // 7

Overall Impression: I've talked about a lot of problems with this guitar but they're all pretty much tiny problems. The bottom line is that this guitar sounds good, it's a joy to play, and you ain't gonna find anything better in the price range, and of that I'm serious. I did a lot of research before I bought this guitar. I looked at squiers, Ibanez, epiphones, esps and plenty others, and this beat the lot, I was a little suspicious, because this isn't a well known brand, but this guitar is worth plenty more than the asking price and you won't regret getting your hands on one. // 9

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 13, 2009

Price paid: C$ 450

Purchased from: Kelly's Of Simcoe

Features: This guitar was made in '07 in the United Kingdom. It has 22 jumbo frets and, a (very fast) set mahogany neck. It has a solid mahogany Les Paul style body, two wilkinson humbuckers, a beautiful tobacco sunburst finnish, Tune-O-Matic bridge. This guitar uses two volume pots, one for each pickup, and two tone pots, again one for each pickup, a three way selector Switch, and wilkinson tuners. All hardware is gold finnished. // 10

Sound: I play a mix of everything, punk, metal, blues, you name it, I play it, and this guitar plays it all beautifuly. I'm playing out of a Peavy 130 special with a Behringer overdrive/distortion pedal, and that setup plus this guitar rivals the sound of any of the greatest guitarists (not saying that I'm better, I'm just saying it sounds as good if not better). The pickups don't feedback unless I make them and when I set the guitar down while it's still plugged in you wouldn't know it uless it moves and the strings vibrate. I play a lot of metal punk and rock'a'billy, and with this guitar all are not only possible but sound great, throw on some distortion and drop the tuning and you'll be getting all the metal vibes you could handle, flip on the overdrive and you'll have a great punk tone, or just keep it clean with some reverb and have a go at some Stray Cats tunes, all are suitable on this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was perfectly set up from the time it was taken out of the box (I should know, I was the one Who took it out and put it up on the wall at the store I bought it from), not in tune but once it's in tune it'll stay that way untill you change it, the pickups were adjusted perfectly, nothing to worry about there. The only things wrong with it are the input gets a little loose but that's easy to fix, and the gold harware gets tarnished after a while, but some car polish gets rid of that pretty quick. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've been playing for two years and been playing Live shows for half of that time, and this guitar and its predicessor (same guitar, different finnish) stands up to all the punishment of being on stage, me and my left handed rythmn guitarist have smashed headstocks more than once and my guitar is fine, his was not as lucky. This guitar is an absolute tank, and whieghs as much as one, and the stock strap buttons were very sturdy, i swapped them out for some strap locks for some added security. I've accidently bumped into chairs and mic-stands and other guitarists while playing but if you looked at the guitar you wouldnt know it, nor would you believe that it had been played at all, not a single pick mark on the pickgaurd. The only reason i would ever have a back up for a gig would be for alternate tunings, and in the event that i break a string. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal, punk, and rock'a'billy and I couldnt ask for a guitar better suited to me. This is the second V100 I have owned (nothing was wrong with the other one, I just grew tired of the finnish, it was an Icon series so it was "pre-beatten" and I didn't like the look of it after a while) so obviously I love the guitar. I've been playing for two years now and already I found and own my dream guitar, if someone stole it, I would find the bastard that took it and give HIM an enema with a machine gun. I played every guitar in the store I bought it at, and at every guitar shop in my area (no joke)and I loved this one, even compared to the Gibsons I played. The only thing I wish this guitar had was a Bigsby trem system, but that's just a personal prefference. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: LezPaulEpiphone, on may 15, 2009

Features: The guitar was made in China, with 22 frets. Scale length: 24.75". Fretboard is rosewood, with a mahogany body. The neck is also mahogany, set neck. Tobbaco sunburst flame top. Wilkinson deluxe tuners, stay in tune well (non-locking). Wilkinson pups (1x Double coil, 1x stacked ceramic). 2x Volume, 2x Tone, 3-way pick-up selector. I got a case, straplocks and a lead included when I brought the guitar. // 9

Sound: It suit's my style quite well, I play a lot of Metallica style metal, with some heavier stuff, and also some GNR style rock. I'm using it with a Roland Cube 15X, although I have tried it with a Peavey Valveking, and then the guitar really excelled. It isn't noisy at all, on the bridge pick-up you get a very warm, rich sound, while on the neck pup, it goes quite bright. The guitar has quite a lot of variety, although my friend, Who plays blues, doesn't like the neck. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well, I only had to make a few adjustments, then it was perfect for me, minimal fretbuzz. The action is medium height, just how I like it. Everything was routed properly, and the top was also done very well. The guitar contained no flaws, apart from a few blemishes in the binding and a very noisy pick-up selector. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very sturdy, it will defiantly withstand Live playing. The hardware is quite long lasting, but I have heard from some people with the same guitar that their hardware has come off within 3 years. I don't know if the original strap buttons are solid, as I got some schaller strap-locks with them, they have served me very well, and never broken. I would use this guitar without a backup, but I would be extremely careful with the headstock. Because it is a "Les Paul" style guitar, the headstock can snap off quite easily, the first one I got was returned within a day, because I noticed a crack at the joining of the neck and the headstock. I got a replacement a few months later. The finish is very good, and I doubt it will wear off. // 7

Overall Impression: I play Metal and some Classic Rock, and it is a very good match. I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now, and this is my second electric guitar (first was a squire fat Strat). I also own an Acoustic, a classical, and a Roland Cube 15X. If it was stolen/lost, I would buy it again. I love the looks of it, and I love the warm sound of the bride pickup. I don't hate anything about this guitar, I love every part of it. Compared to the Epiphone Les Paul, I preferred this one, I love the sharper point to the cutaway, and it is much cheaper than the Epi. It sounds the same as the epi, although the Epiphone's neck pick-up was slightly fuller sounding than the Vintage. // 9

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 15, 2009

Price paid: £ 199.99

Purchased from: soudhouse

Features: When I bought it the action on it was very good, also the neck is smooth and quite playable. The finish is amazin' I have the flame maple cherry, the pickups are wilkinson as all the hardware is on the guitar. The strap buttons are very firm and should not need locks. It has two tone and two volume with 3 way pick up selector with a tune o matic bridge style bridge. Tuners are wilkinson deluxe they work very well. Oh and it's is a les paul style // 9

Sound: The sound is very crunchy and crisp which is perfect for metal and rock sounds, you can also get a nice clean bluesy sound out of it aswell. I play mainly Hendrix stuff which the V100 issnt the best for because of hedrix of course using a Strat however, it is still near enough the sound. It is perfect for the playing styles like Zakk Wylde etc. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was amazing on the guitar, strings were perfect only the low E string buzzed but I think taht is because of the new strings. The finsih is just beautiful (flame maple cherry pick ups were at a perfect height, nothing more they could do really. It think they could of made the neck like a proper Gibson guitar but it is a bolt on which doesn't help sustain. However it is still quite good. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The strap buttons are really strong and have not failed since I have had it, the pickups seem in good condition as with most of the hardware nothing has broke... Yet, but I don't think it will anyway. However I would not gig this without a back up guitar cos' you never know what is going to happen, I wouldn't even gig with a Gibson without a back up! I mean look at jimi page he has about 30 back up guitars! However the guitar does seem reliable it just depends on how you play the game, risk it or go safe. // 9

Overall Impression: I play blues and classic rock and this guitar out shines othwer guitars I have played such as Washburn and squire. If it was ever stolen I would probaly buy another one to be honest cos' I just thinks it suit's me. I mean I have been playin' for a year now and have picked guitar up quite fast nearly at grade 8. Playing the likes of Santanna and Hendrix isn't exactly the best obviously cos' they use different guitars. When I picked this up I had a Vintage SG sat next to me so I compared them, both seemed very good except I felt the SG was to light and the trough neck was to fragile, but then again it's all down to personal preference. Overall the overall tone and everything else has impressed me with it will certainly last till' I can save up for a Gibson (Long time haha) but it will last. And it's awesome! // 10

V100 Reviewed by: MM14, on october 20, 2009

Purchased from: Local Shop

Features: This Guitar I believe is made in china. It has 22 Jumbo Frets with a rosewood fretboard but the main body and neck are made of mahogany. The Guitar I bought had a gloss black finish but the guitar comes in a variety of finishes. Even though this guitar is a Les Paul Copy it's is astonishing what you get for your money. In this guitar you get a 3 way pickup selector and 2 tone and 2 volume knobs. This guitar has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and Wilkinson Deluxe WJ44. The pickups that you get with these guitar are Wilkinson Double Coil pickups. In conclusion the features on this guitar are value for money. // 8

Sound: I do not have a specific guitar style because I like to experiment with things, at the time I had the guitar I didn't use any amp that's worth mentioning although it did fufill expectations. This guitar has a great tone for the value and will be a good consistant guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I recieved the guitar I was extremely happy but things went bad quickly. I had frequent problems with the tuners of the guitar where they would become loose. The guitar was averagely set up although there were a couple of things loose. Although I had a couple of problems I am convinced it was a one off. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was a fairly solid guitar at start and will withstand most things. The guitar hardware does look like it will last a fairly long time.This guitar is reliable although I had a one off guitar I think if looked after properly it would last for years on end. // 7

Overall Impression: This is a all around good guitar, it would satisfy your guitar playing needs immediately with a good tone and a great value for money. I did sell this guitar but I am now looking for a new one though. In my opinion this guitar would beat most epiphones les pauls. All in all this is a great guitar and I would not hesitate in buying one. // 8

V100 Reviewed by: samturner31, on november 18, 2009

Purchased from: GM music

Features: The Vintage V100 is a copy of a Gibson les paul, it has 22 frets all easy to reach thanks to it cut away body my one has a solid white finish and has a cream lining on the out side its head stock is also a solid finish in black though. It is strung threw the bridge just like a les paul I find this a lot easier than stringin a Fender Strat, it has a volume and tone setting the upper ones for rythem lower ones for treble, the pickups are wilkinson (golden). It hasnon locking the tuners are Ilkinson dulux sadly they bend or snap far to easy as they are quite long so I advise to by new shorter ones. This guitar came with a gig bag and a set of tools // 8

Sound: This guitar is great for rock or blues so really my style chicking picking is easy as you can rest your hand comfortably on the bridge, I'm using a peavy valve king 112, befor that I used a Fender sp15, I use a Dunlop wha wha pedal and a Boss OD2 over Drive pedal it gives a lot of power it makes a rich sound under rythem and quite heavy under treble, but pulling string bends on any fret below 15 many many times can de tune it slightly but it can make a great varietys of sounds. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well I had to make on ajustment that was the amp socket it came lose all the time but that was sauted with some silacone the pickups were to high but easly dropped down into place the bridge was routed well. There was ablank paint spot on the under side but only a tiny bit not visable from 2 meters away only on close inspection but altogether well asembled. // 9

Reliability & Durability: this guitar has been played Live to 200 people4x can't see my self having to change the hardware any time soon and in its life time I hope I never will. The strap buttons are solid and supprted by a thin leather layer, I always use a back up but out of my 5 guitars I would use this for small gigs without a back up any day. // 9

Overall Impression: I am a rock, blues and inde player this is a great match. I've been playing only 8 months, I own a Fender tele, Gibson SG, Takamine G series, and a baby Taylor my tele and SG were given to me as a hand me down of my grampy. I wish I asked where it was built and what is the perfect upgrades, I think if it was stolen I would buy it but with a road worn look, I love the feel it has and it's looks I can really say I hate any thing my favorite feature is the golden hardwair, I compere it to a Epiphone I chose thig guitar for it's price, I wish it had a loking tuners, sadly Vintage guitar are palmed down as bad guitars and I can't see them out runnig Gibson any day soon:( but still awesome. // 9

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 09, 2010

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Alphenaar Haarlem (Netherlands)

Features: Not sure where it was made. Don't care too much either. It has a rosewood fingerboard with stunning pearl trapezoid inlays. Gives you a really expensive feel to it. I've got it with the black finish, white accent. Brilliant copy, it looks just like the Gibson with the white line at the edge. I love that. Passive pickups which were suprisingly good. I wanted to put EMG's in but these babies rock. Also I don't want to cut this thing up for battery space. // 9

Sound: I play a lot of Punk with my band. It fits our own songs perfectly. Heavier and milder songs. Green Day sounds wicked on the rhythm pickup. Three Days Grace and more metal-ish punk sounds better on Treble, as one would expect. I play it mostly through my Line 6 UX2. Via Pod Farm I can get any great sound I want. It performs with '70s and '80s as well. Slash, Boston... Haven't tried that much of it, but it sure was a great tone. Sustain is pretty long too. Makes me think of Spinal Tap 'You can go and have a bite, you'll still be hearing that one'. Overall GREAT! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know about factory settings becuase the renowned music stores in the Amsterdam area set it up before selling. So that was all perfecly in order. No flaws whatsoever. This 10 belongs to the store as well, maybe... // 10

Reliability & Durability: Great thing. First thing I did was fit strap locks, because I just don't like to take risks. I sing as well. When I play support guitar and sing things just sometimes get a little crazy, especially whilst switching. Had a guitar once that fell during band practise and scratched the finish. Strap locks cost you merely 15 and 30 minutes, so fit your Axe with it! That said, this guitar seems very sturdy. // 9

Overall Impression: I replaced my '50s Fender Mexican Strat with this. I did a head-to-head comparison on this huuuge Marshall Amp in the store. It did better on every front I care about (so not Jazz). It is great for all my Punk to Metalneeds. I would hunt the f--ker down if it were stolen. I love it depdability and sound. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 25, 2010

Purchased from: Music Matters

Features: Made in 2009/10 or thereabouts.22 frets. Solid mahogany body with maple flamed top. Its the Flamed Ice tea finish (which photographs do not do justice to). I wanted a cherry finish but when I saw the IT it blew me away. Mahogany (?) neck and rosewood fretboard with pearloid inlays. Its a Les Paul Copy (single cut) with Wilkinson chrome hardware. It came with a gig bag and as many picks as I could get away with without feeling greedy. // 9

Sound: Given that the Les Paul was designed as a solid body jazz guitar this instrument can handle all sorts of styles. I'm using a Roland microcube at present and it sounds fine through that on a variety of settings from clean (JC120 style) to rectifier. The guitar can evoke a variety of moods by twiddling the knobs. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Initial set up was ok - Bottom E buzzes a bit and the nut groove looks very deep. A slight raising of the action solved this though. My only gripe is that the scratch guard is quite flimsy and the metal arm securing it to the body was thin and had bent slightly so when I took the scratchguard off there was a mark under the screw. A little clear nail polish soon righted that and it looks much better with the scratchguard off to show off the flamed finish. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can't comment on live playing as I'm new to guitar (about a year and a half)but I can see me holding on to this guitar for a while. I replaced the strap buttons with some straplocks and they're solid. The finish is really good. Its a really solid instrument and feels reliable which adds to your confidence. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a variety of styles depending on what mood I'm in and this guitar accommodates them all with ease. I've been playing for over a year now and bought this as a committment to improving. I play it through a Roland microcube which suits me fine at home. I did however play it through a Blackstar in the shop and the sound was gorgeous. I wish I had checked under the scratchguard before I bought it though. If it were stolen I'd go straight back and buy another one. Even when sitting on its stand it looks lovely in the room and I'll even pick it up to play unplugged for a few minutes. I suppose one its drawbacks is the weight but I understand thats par for the course with an LP. Overall a great guitar for the money: the shop matched the best internet price I found and threw in a gig bag. Afterwards I brought it back for the buzzing and the guy there fixed it up in a jiffy with no hassle. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: vascoa7x, on october 29, 2010

Price paid: € 250

Purchased from: dolphinmusic

Features: It came with stock vintage(passive) pick up's they're actually very nice it's really easy to get some nice squeally harmonics out of the guitar, Vintage tunners et overall Vintage hardware. I hate the tunners the guitar doesn't stay in tune for a long time especially the 4th string and the 6th one. It has 22 frets. The old look finish on the guitar looks killer, the body(mahogany) of the guitar is heavy wich is really nice, since most of the epiphones these days the body kinda sucks.. It has a tune-O-matic bridge, 2 volume and 2 tone controlers. // 7

Sound: It's awesome for rock, blues and even some metal, it always depends on the ampifier you use.. You can get some bright clean tones out of it, and some nice hard rich distorcion sounds. Just play a little with the 2 volume and 2 tone controlers and get a lot of diffrent tones, I'm currently using a Fender frontman 15 wich sucks, but I use a Boss ME-25 for the tones. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up was perfect, the string's were 0.10 gauge they we're ok, right now i have Daario 0.10 on the guitar, the action is still perfect. The sustain is awesome. The pick ups we're a bit too low for me but that's easly fixed just get a scewdriver. The old look finish suits the guitar very well. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have the guitar for 6 months now so obviosly I didint have any problems till now, looks like this one is going to last for a while awesome guitar for the price paid. The straps buttons are ok. I would play live with this guitar with no problem I really fell like can I count on her. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for almost 2 years now. I really like the guitar its awesome for the price i played an 500 Epiphone custom and honestly I barely could tell the diference. If you're into rock some metal and cheap good les pauls this is the guitar for you. For the price range of 250/500 I don't think you can get any better than this. What i love about this guitar is the action, sound, and looks. What i really hate aboust this guitar is how it easly after 1 hour or so of playing some of the thinner strings go out of tune.I wish it had way better tunners.. If it was stolen and I only had 500 to spent on a guitar I would definitly buy a new one. // 8

V100 Reviewed by: WeeReid12, on march 15, 2011

Purchased from: Music Matters

Features: I don't know what year or where it was made, but it was probably made in China or somewhere like that. Wilkinson tuners, which are ok but could be better sometimes a bit loose on the G string, mahogany set neck, rosewood fingerboard, 22 jumbo frets, trapezoid inlays, solid mahogany body, flamed maple top in a flamed honeyburst finish which is stunning whatever way you look at it. Although the red paint on edges, some of it may have ran before it dried, it's minor and you have to really look at it to see it. 2 Wilkinson humbuckers, which sound amazing. Nice thick tone on the neck pick-up on both clean and overdrive channels and the Bridge is perfect for solo's. I may swap them out for some Slash Seymour Duncan's soon, it would make this guitar absolutely perfect for me. Tune-o-matic Bridge and stopbar tailpeice, 2x tone, 2x volume, and a 3 way pick up selector. All the usual features of a Les Paul. // 8

Sound: This suits my style perfectly, blues, classic rock, hard rock, but it can do other styles as well. My guitar teacher says it can do metal pretty well, and I would have to agree with him. I'm not a big metal player, but I would mess about a bit with it. And it brilliant. I am using it with a Marshall MG15FX, the new one, and a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah pedal. It is a perfect combination for this guitar. It produces a very thick and powerful sound on both pick ups. Obviously the neck is a lot thicker in tone, and it produces a perfect blues tone, or a singing melody, and the Bridge produces singing leads. Nothing to complain about. I did adjust the height of the Bridge pick up a lot. It's not the manufactures fault, it's just my preferences. All in all, two great pick ups that sound perfect for the guitar and the styles I play. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was perfect for me. No need to adjust the truss rod at all. As I said, I raised the pick ups a bit to get a crisper sound, but thats the only thing i changed on the guitar. Everything else is great. Bridge and tailpiece firmly fitted to the guitar. The finish is as solid as a rock. I've hit it against desk's, chairs, walls, people, and yes it scratches, but no cracks in the finish at all. One problem though, the fretboard is poorly done. It has dents and scratches even before I got it. It doesn't affect the sound, but is kind of annoying. The controls are solid, the pick up selector is really noisy when played through an amp, but thats the only flaw in this section. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will stand playing live. I haven't played a full gig, but I've played a couple of songs live, and it does the job perfectly. The hardware will last a long time. I did swap the strap button for some Schaller strap locks. Being a heavy guitar, if it falls, it's gonna hit the ground hard. It's just to be sure. If I did play a gig, I would have a back-up. With my luck, I would break a string. But thats the only reason really. The finish is solid and would last a long time. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said I play blues, classic and hard rock, and it does them pretty well. I play sort of Guns n Roses to AC/DC and it does the reasonably well. Not so much AC/DC, but close enough, and I can get a decent Slash tone out of it. I have been playin for about 3 years This is my second guitar. My first was a Tokai SG, which is a good guitar, but this just beats it to hell. This guitar is perfect in my opinion, very minor flaws and perfect sound. Lost or stolen? You wouldn't get far with it, being so heavy, but I would get it again, or an Epiphone. All in all, a brilliant guitar, at a great price. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 29, 2011

Purchased from: Electro Music

Features: Please note that I am reviewing the V100Wine Red edition which has Slimline Humbuckers and a totally different colour from the regular V100! I was looking for the best guitar I could at around 250-300 (about $500) and tried out 5 guitars, such as an Epiphone Standard Les Paul, Yamaha Pacifica and some others similar but this one was cheapest and the best out all the ones I tried! Its a Les Paul style with a Wine Red finish with grain and is a great looking guitar, built from mahogany(and I have to admit it does way a lot!)and 22 frets as well set in neck.It has all the Standard Les Paul hardware in shiny gold, the only exception being the pickups which are slim humbuckers instead of the usual full fat ones (more on those later),the tuners are good for the money and do a decent job but then again if you wanted something better for gigging then maybe you could invest in some new and better ones (like I have) but there good for the money and do their job. It has the Standard control set-up with a tone knob and a volume knob for each pick-up (so four knobs in total) and also a Standard 3 way pick-up switch. It has fantastic playability and the neck had such a great feel, not 2 thick but not flat as a pancake either. It has a low action (which I prefer and find easy to play with) which really adds to the playability. The tone is another great aspect to this guitar, playing it not plugged in sounds great and wait till ya plug it in! // 8

Sound: The pickups are slimline as previously mentioned and have a really great sound! They are the perfect cross between a humbucker and single coil, the neck pickup has a warm and humbuckerish sound that is sweet and smooth whilst the Bridge is bright and sparky and sounds rather 'single coiley'. When you start to play with the tone controls you unlock a whole new vista of sound and tone. At 5 the sound becomes becomes deeper and a bit muffled and down at 0 the sound is deep and has a unique tone and quality which is really best on the neck pick-up and gives a brilliant bluesy sound and is great for light chord progressions. I play mainly blues and rock (I like playing Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Hendrix, Rory Gallagher and the like) and this guitar is perfect for these styles and would work great with many other styles too like jazz, indie, funk etc. because of the great slim-buckers. They handle distortion rather well and this works for rock and even some metal but if you're looking for a metal guitar look else where! It has brilliant tone for a guitar this cheap and unplugged it sounds good and plugged in its just as good, if not better! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: It came well set-up and with a great action but this is probably the guitar shops doing. I've re-strung it and conditioned the fret board and it sounds great and feels it too! This thing dosnt chip easy on the body but be wary around the head because it chips pretty easily there but this wont happen often. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Its a very durable guitar the only thing to worry about is the tuners because if you were really rockin' out you'd have to be putting the tuning back a lot of the time and they might not last as long as some new ones. Also you might want to fit some strap locks on too because I found the strap buttons werent the best in the world! Check the soldering and wiring because I had a little trouble when one the tone controls stopped working but a quick solder solved any problems. // 7

Overall Impression: Well worth the money, beats the likes of Epiphone in to a cocked hat and would be perfect for a beginner or an intermediate guitarist like myself, so if you're looking for a cheap but brilliant guitar look this one up! Especially if you play anything such as blues or rock! But if you want a Metal guitar look elsewhere. // 9

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 17, 2011

Features: Left handed Les Paul Copy made in 2010 don't know what country 22 medium frets rosewood neck mahogany body maple laminate top should be tobbaco sunburst but looks more like honey burst (nice shade) Trevor Wilkinson hardware gold plated gig bag included but got me a case as its going to be a working instrument. // 9

Sound: Bin playing 40 years now so play many styles of music but mainle classic rock and blues currenty use a Peavey JSX rig or sometimes a Peavey 6505+ old stlye pedal board overdrive distortion delay chorus reverb wah with the three channels I can get pretty much a very wide range of sounds with this rig and the guitar is to my ears just as good as the real thing (used to play gibbos) having used Ibanez Rg for the last 7 years did not know how I would adapt to a Les Paul but have not put it down since I got it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Finish is realy good set up poor badly seated 13 fret choking b and top e stings could not get low action also Bridge mountings not seated into the body correcty again affecting the action on the g b and top e volume and tone controls more liks on of switches but probably due to it being a lefty and pots wired arse about face going to upgrade elecrics desite these problems after my guitar tech gave it a good set up and addressed the above problems plays like a dream and to be honest you could get the same problems with a high end guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Have gigged this guitar since purchase with no problems solid build with well designed hardware but did fit strap locks very heavy guitar always take back up to gigs but not had to use yet (am seriously thinking of another V100 for back up perhaps the lemon drop). // 10

Overall Impression: Have played many years with a range of top quality equipment many different styles different amps effects and guitars wanted a Les Paul but took a chance on this copy to see if I should get a gibbo and now can not justify spending 2000 plus for somthing I can get for 200 it is a working tool am not worried about taking it out to some of the places I play in having said that if some dick head trashed it I would put him in the hurt locker and definitly get another. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 08, 2011

Purchased from: Oaktree Music Deals

Features: Year? Not sure. Single cutaway. Tune-o-Matic Bridge. 3 way selector. Mahogamy neck rosewood fingerboard m.o.p trapezoid inlays 22 frets. Mohagany Body, Carved Maple Gold Top, High gloss finish. Wilkinson P90 style soap bar pickups (stacked Ceramic). Non locking Vintage Tuners. // 9

Sound: Clean and bright on all settings. Great for Rock, Blues, Jazz. Pickups are a nice balance between humbuckers and single coils. Great crunchy sound with some gain thru Roland X30 amp. Very Quiet. No clicks, pops or static from pots or pickups... Quieter than my American Strat. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Reasonably well set up. Some buzz on lower frets, adjusting the truss rod fixed it. Nice low action. Some rough varnish on the neck/binding near the nut, fixed it with some polish. Lovely rosewood fingerboard... A bit dry after being removed from package but after a few rubs with some fast fret it shines. // 9

Reliability & Durability: All good Quality Wilkinson Hardware. Never goes out of tune. Should withstand some hard gig work without a backup. But allways bring a backup. Solid strap Buttons but will be replaced by locking ones like the rest of my guitars. Thick Chrome Bridge and tailpiece. Finish is thick high gloss. // 10

Overall Impression: Playing for 30 years. I play mostly Rock/blues some jazz. My other guitars are American Strat deluxe and my favourite a strat style guitar that I built myself with a shaved down "hard V" neck. I bought this because I wanted a humbucker style guitar but with less muddy sound and I just HAD to have a gold top. Great Value. I have owned Ibanez and Epiphones but this one beats them all. If it were Stolen I would replace it with the exact model. // 10

V100 Reviewed by: mattwigan, on january 13, 2012

Purchased from: Reidys Home of Music

Features: 22 frets, mahogany body and neck, rosewood fretboard, wine red with gold hardware, Les Paul style body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 2 volume, 2 tone controls, 2 mini humbuckers, wilkinson pick ups. // 8

Sound: I play rhythm and bluesy tones aswell as classic rock. I feel it suits my playing style perfectly. Set on treble I believe it could be great also for progressive rock and metal. I use it through a Peavey Vypyr 75 and Sanpera I pedal. You can get clean sounds aswell as really distorted sounds so will suit most music tastes. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I was away in Mexico at the time it arrived and the tuning pegs was broke on delivery and had to back for a new guitar. The shop was excellent from start to finish but the tunings pegs are a little flimsy. The pickups I think are fantastic. The stock pickups are Wilkinson and Wilkinson components are quality. The guitar did have a slight blemish on the side of the fretboard but for 200 can you really complain? I do have fret buzz on the top E string although it docent come through the amp it can be annoying but should be easy to correct. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I am 100% sure that this guitar can be used for gigging and withstand the wear. The hardware is Wilkinson and should last as it is quality. This is my main guitar but I would always carry a back up, not carrying a backup would be crazy especially when gigging right? The tuning pegs could be better quality they are plasticy and I don't think they could withstand a fall or two. // 7

Overall Impression: At the end of the day this guitar costs 200.00ish with Wilkinson hardware and a great finish, for that price is there much to complain about, I think not. Great guitar that will suit most styles. I would recommend it to anyone and also recommend the dealer (Reidys Blackburn). If it were nicked I would hunt the b*****d down and break his legs. The only thing I dislike about it are the tuning pegs, there very flimsy. I love the finish (wine red) and the gold hardware looks so good. I looked at many other guitars for more money (in and around 400 new) but this was better than most. I would recommend this over most Epiphone Les Pauls copies in similar price brackets. Summary: For the price for a Les Paul Copy I do believe it takes some beating. // 8

V100 Reviewed by: EVH-SETH, on october 01, 2012

Purchased from: The Bay

Features: Got myself a Vintage V100 the other day and had to write a review. Where to start. Mahogany body and neck, maple cap, rosewood finger board, the chemicals of rock and roll. Beautiful flame maple top, I got the cherry sunburst model. If your reading this you already know plenty about the classic Les Paul design and everything that goes with it (bridge, controls, configuration, etc). This a Wilkinson model and boy is it worthy of a review. The tuners are fantastic, classic look and design only with "Wilkinson" on the back. The neck is a thick style neck, by thick I mean it fits my hand very snug but still is easy to play. It is by no means a 50's style baseball bat. // 9

Sound: The pickups are STUNNING. I've had upwards of 30 guitars and these are some of the best stock pickups I've ever had. Kudos to them on that one. Unfortunately I already had a pair of SD Alnico 2 Pros that I'm gonna drop in:) the guitar itself sustains for DAYS. I clocked it for fun at 30 seconds the other day. I play a lot of classic to hard rock and this fits perfect. I get an awesome GNR, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin tone. I play through a Peavery JSX 2x12, and they are a match in heaven. I'm sure it could handle any style of music really. I just don't play it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was very nice when I got it in. This is one of those guitars that just feels "right" in your hands. I bought mine as a second on ebay becuase it had some fretboard discoloration. Lucky for me. The BEST $160 I've ever spent on musical gear. The body is beautifully finished and despite others reviews does not look like a toy. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would trust this gigging wise in a heartbeat. Plan to use this at my next gig matter of fact. I'd never gig without a backup anyways so I'm not gonna answer that part. // 10

Overall Impression: For a guitar that cost me $160, where if I had picked it up in a shop I would easily pay $400 for, I love this guitar. 3 days prior I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra, bone stock, for $330. I sat down and compared the two side by side. The Vintage's pickups kicked the Epi's out of the water. The neck was much "better" feeling (hard to explain). The tuners were much better, tuning stability also. And just the overall vibe of the Vintage was awesome compared to the Epi. Needless to say, I'm selling the Ultra. I love the Vintage series guitars. If your looking for something like a Gibson but don't want to shell out nearly a FRACTION of the cost, go Vintage. The headstock is the closest post-lawsuit design that I've ever seen legally. If you have a chance, go out and play one. // 9

V100 Reviewed by: clear and blue, on october 22, 2009

Features: as with all review databases, the features have basically been done to death so I'll try not to repeat the marketing blurb or other reviews. Neck isn't quite as wide as I would have liked - it is a decent size, plays well and not at all cramped but I prefer the look of the massive neck on the 50s les pauls even if I haven't played one. Frets are thin/regular. This isnt a problem for me and I spend most of my time bending and am only ever seconds away from a vibrato. All of the parts work as well as can be expected and is (in my opinion) no way inferior to the Gibson stuff. Only draw back - open up the control cavity and the pots are pretty small low quality affairs with cheap little ceramic capacitors. Jackplate, pickup selector etc. Is all good. // 10

Sound: this is the reason I bought this guitar - best possible les paul tone you could ever hope for, for less than a grand. I love playing it unplugged even; beautiful resonance through the body and right up the neck. Nice powerful feel and it kind of has what I think of as a distorted sound even when unplugged. Not really distorted but when you play softly it is round and sweet, play harder and it has a really aggressive edge to it like a growl - and this is before you even plug it in. However, on plugging it in to my Laney VC15 (maybe its just my amp) some of that Acoustic feel disappears. don't get me wrong, it sounds good and the pickups seem to be a good quality but sometimes your fighting a battle against muddyness. I think this could be down to the electrics and is the reason I'm giving it a 9; change the wiring, pots and capacitors and I'm sure itll come to life. I put some dr pure blues nickel strings on it and cannot recommend them enough. From this guitar I was wanting those classic rock and blues tones that I guess most of us want. These just helped give the guitar a bit more life (not that it was lacking). I did the peter green mod (magnet flip) to the neck pickup and, at the expense of the usual middle setting, gained a load of different sounds in complete contrast to the beef and bite of the neck and bridge by themselves. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I was expecting a rubbish finish as everyone says about this guitar that it has a really good sound if you don't expect anything too pretty. I was proved wrong. I really can't fault the finish. I even love the staining and wood grain along the back and up the neck. The plastics are all a nice tasteful aged colour and I like the style of knobs used. The snot green tuners look pretty cool too and I like the logo on the headstock. When I got the guitar, action and intonation were bang on. The action was quite low from the factory and although that would be a dream to a lot of people, I prefer it a little higher so I sorted it out accordingly- the bridge is really easy to use. If I remember right, the guitar was also pretty much still in perfect tune when shitty link dropped it off which was a surprise. I have a couple of gripes with the neck though. Firstly, although this has seemed to have stopped being a problem, sometimes if you just sit there and bend the same note (same fret+same string) repeatedly for a while you'd get this rough feeling like you are planing the top of the fretboard or something. This was like fingernails down a blackboard to me combined with the sound it made. Ofcourse you'd have to be just arsing about with different sounds from the same bend for almost a minute before this would happen. Second, the frets. Although nicely finished down the sides of the neck, many of the higher frets have flattened out on the top. I can't remember if it came like this or whether I did it when I was using the stock steel strings. I've had a couple of snapped wound 3rds where it was only the outer wrap wire that got cut at the 8th and 9th fret. This left the string still on but this little fret long collar that could slide up and down a couple of milimeters. Needless to say the string sounded crap at this point. I'm pretty certain that this was caused by the flattening of the frets and maybe having sharp edges or something at this point of the neck. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Only issue so far is changing strings (every few months) and once had to tighten jack. Nothing untoward here. Finish is tough but not too tough if you know what I mean. it's strong but you don't have that feeling when you pick it up that underneath inches of plastic coating, your guitar is half the size you think it is. Could almost pass for nitro but is resistant to knocks and scratches. All hardware is brilliant and nicely engineered. No problems there. // 10

Overall Impression: Although I may seem to be picking up on a lot of negatives, I LOVE THIS GUITAR! Really, having had it about a year now, I don't lust over any other guitars and I certainly don't think I'll ever get another les paul type guitar to replace this. The comments I made are really looking to find fault (however much it makes me feel unfaithful to her) because I know when I look to buy something I want to get a better picture than "it kicks ass/rocks etc". I compared this to basically every competitor from cheaper gibsons to all sorts of copies and this one came out on top for me. Really a quality guitar at a ridiculous price. If you're looking for a les paul type solid body for those classic tones, this has them all (and the finish isnt bad either). // 10

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013