V100BB Review

manufacturer: Vintage date: 02/05/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Vintage: V100BB
This is a 2009/10 model. This guitars has an amazing sound, it can be said that many kinds of music can be played on it.
 9.2
 9.6
 8.7
review (1) pictures (1) 26 comments vote for this gear:
V100BB Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 05, 2010

Purchased from: Music Land

Features: This is a 2009/10 V100 model - 22 frets, on a very thin mahogany neck - The finish can range from gloss black, to gloss traditional sunburst. I has gold/silver hardware and appart from the head, it looks exactly like a real 'Vintage' guitar! - It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge - Traditional Wilkinson pickups commonly used by Vintage. Controls include 2 volume and tone for the Rhythm and Tone settings. // 9

Sound: This guitars has an amazing sound, it can be said that many kinds of music can be played on it. I use it mainly for Rock, ACDC/Black Sabbath, that kind of stuff. Thought I can still use it for Metal like H.I.M. And Disturbed. It also has a beautiful clean tone on it, I was able to play delicate song such as Tears in Heaven with a beautiful tone! I use a Line 6 Spider IV, and it matches perfectly. I cannot say if it has a rich/full sound as it has both and best of all it has no background noise as long as you have the noise gate turned on on your amp. Differs in sound can be: Jimi Hendrix - Nickelback - Eric Clapton - Black Sabbath - The Darkness - Fallout Boy - Greenday - Evanescence I Could Go On And On! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up ready to use when I received it! The action is lower than my Ibanez RG which is surprising! However I did have to raise and lower the pickups a bit to get the perfect tone and volume that I wanted, but that is expected for any guitar you'll buy! It had no flaws or marks of any kind and I intend to keep it that way! The strap nuts are also brilliant, they will give amazing hold while playing live which I have done so dropping it is never an issue! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar really will live up to stage and live playing, its built perfectly and is sturdy! The hardware is always reliable however there are some other pickups out there for example that are better, But For The Price these are great! I would certainly be comfortable to use this live without a backup. I did buy some EMG pickups but they were expensive and not really needed, I simply enjoy the sound of EMGs. // 9

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of music; rock, punk, clean and metal. It can play all of those genres! I have been playing for around 4 years and I have owned the older V100, This Is Alot Better Than The V100! I also own, an Ibanez RG350DX and a Squire Bullet Strat. I am very pleased with this buy because of the improvement of the V100, if this was stolen I would certainly go and buy this guitar again! I love its Slash (Velvet Revolver) look and how it makes pinch harmonics 2nd nature, Its Very Easy! I compared it to the VS6 (SG copy) though I owned that before and I fancied the Les Paul Copy. If you want a Les Paul Copy for an affordable price then This Is The Guitar For You! Don't be put off by the label of Vintage! This 2009/10 version makes a big difference! // 10

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013