V8BRQ Review

manufacturer: Vintage date: 11/14/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Vintage: V8BRQ
Basswood body, quilt maple neck, floyd rose double locking bridge, Wilkinson double coilx2 (N) WMSH (B) WMSH pickups, gold hardware.
 7.7
 9.2
 6.2
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
V8BRQ Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 14, 2005

Purchased from: Private Dealer

Features: I'll start off with what I don't know, and that's the country of origin, and year of 'birth.' Sorry if that's the info you needed. // 9

Sound: I've started to play a lot of heavier and experimental stuff, I primarily play a Gibson Les Paul Standard, and bought this guitar because I needed one with a Floyd Rose tremolo, and the two octave range was very appealing, it has quite a unique range of sounds, mainly because the bridge pickup is coil-tapped to be used as a single coil aswell as a humbucker. Lately I've been playing alot of thrash and metal through a Roland Cube 30 with a Dunlop CryBaby Classic, and I can't really fault it, there is some minor fret-buzz, but that's the only problem I've experienced. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is very smooth, very easy to play. There are no real problems with the bridge that I know of, but I wouldn't know what they were until I was more experienced with a floyd rose. The hardware is all gold plated and it hasn't tarnished and the finish is perfect, it is in excelent condition, and would be quite easy to keep it that way. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played live, but if I was playing live with this, I wouldn't need a backup, but If I was playing live, I'd be using my Les Paul. The strap buttons are solid, and the finish doesn't wear, overall I find this guitar very durable. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing nearly 2 years now, and this suites me down to the ground. I love the floyd rose, and the range of sounds available. Overall I'm very impressed with the quality of this guitar, and if it was lost or stolen I would replace it immeadiately. // 9

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013