VP6 Review

manufacturer: Vintage date: 07/31/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Vintage: VP6
The predominantly natural look of the VP6 hides a wide variety of guitar tones, thanks to its hugely versatile two single coil with bridge humbucker pickup layout.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.3
 Features: 7.3
 7.7
 8.1
 7.2
reviews (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
VP6 Reviewed by: BarryMcBatt, on may 11, 2004

Features: I dunno where it was made. It has 22 frets. It has a tone and a volume control and 2 single coil pickups n 1 humbucker. Its a copy of a Yamaha Pacifica. // 6

Sound: Its great for my styles of music which are GNR n Metallica mainly. The pickups do buzz a lot, but its my first guitar so i dont mind. i have a Kustom KGA10 amp which i bought at the same time and a Boss OS2, and im getting a jim dunlop cry baby. Apart from the buzzing the guitar has a great sound which lots of variations, so it is perfect for sum1 starting out on guitar coz there is enuf scope for them 2 experiment. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is a bit flimsy, but wot can u expect 4 150. ive changed the action slightly to fit my needs but it was fine the way it was. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is amazingly durable, ive had it a year, n its got a few dents in the varnish but that is coz i bash it about loads. ive played wiv it live once and it was fine. im gettin another guitar tho cuz i kno i will break it eventually. // 8

Overall Impression: Its a great guitar for beginners like me. but not for experienced ones. Thnx for readin my review. // 6

VP6 Reviewed by: TheAxeAbuser, on may 12, 2004

Features: I have No idea where This Guitar was made, but it is quite a good quality guitar. The VP6 is a solid body guitar with 22 frets (neck is Maple, Solid body is probably Mahogany and F/Board is Rosewood. It has a 5 Way selector Switch, 1 volume control and 1 tone control. It has 2 single coil pickups and a humbucker pickup, It has a really nice profesional and natural finsish to it. (Transparent) // 8

Sound: I play All modern styles, also Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz and Classical. It suits all of my stlyes. nice and mellow for jazz and great for crunchy rock riffs, and all the things in between! The clean sound is Brilliant, very full and bright. but i do get some buzzing noise sometimes, but not all the time. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is perfect for me, the blues Licks sound absaloutly sweet. Its a bit low for Rock guitar playing, but i can get over it. About 2 or 3 weeks into purchessing my guitar, I did have a noisy pickup selector. But i bought some spray which cleas the selector. It was just a comon problem, nothing serious. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have gigged twice with this guitar (although its Backup). I have had it three years and i have got 10 small dents in it. (which is pretty good its slipped off its guitar stand god knows how many times!) This guitar has lots of lacker I expect it will last along time. The stap buttons are solid enough, its not a heavy guitar. It can with hold Gigging so if you have it, give it a try. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing For 3 years. I own a Ovation celbrity semi-acustic, Epiphone G400 Vintage and a Fender Standard Fat Strat. I have a Marshall MGDFX 100 Watt and a Marshall MGDFX 30 Watt. Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah and a boss SD-1 super over Drive. I will have to think about getting it again if it was lost. (Sorry PPL) I love the whole guitar! the action,finish,the sound. Everything! I am going to put some a new pickup in their soon, I will probably get some cool sounding Seymour Duncan SSL3 Hot Strat pickup. its sounds awsome! Thats all i can say on this guitar. Thanks for taking the time to read this article. Peace to all and happy playing. // 10

VP6 Reviewed by: Yoms, on july 31, 2006

Features: This was my first electric guitar. I'm not sure what year this was made in or where it was made. It has 22 frets, a maple bolt-on neck, a rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays, and a mahogony body. It has a Strat syle, with 1 double coil and 2 single coil Wilkinson pickups. It has a volume control, a tone control and a five way selector. I didnt get any extra stuff with the guitar, no strap or bag or anything like that. Theres nothing real flashy about the guitar, but I think the look is fairly cool, and I thought this was the perfect beginners guitar. // 8

Sound: Over the 5 years that I've had this guitar, I've been through several different playing styles. At first, I played mostly pop-punk style stuff; Blink 182, Green Day, The Offspring etc. Then I moved onto Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Santana, Led Zepplin etc. After this, I moved onto some emo/screamo stuff; Funeral For A Friend, Alexisonfire, Dead Poetic. After that I moved onto metal, and thats pretty much all I play now. Metallica, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, God Forbid, Bullet For My Valentine, 6 Crazyfists, Pantera. And I have to say, this guitar has performed better than I ever thought it would. It manages all these styles well. My amp is a stupidly small Fender Squire 15 practice amp (I've never needed to gig), and I also use a Digitech RP100. The sound is fine for me. A lot of depth is missing from the sound, but I've tried this guitar on a couple different amps, and it was much better then. Perfectly good sound, suited a lot of different styles. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfectly set up. Everything was adjusted fine. The guitar had a couple of minor scratches when I got it, but these were hardly noticeable. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've never played with this live, but I would feel fairly comfortable with doing so. My only worry is that my strap falls off fairly easily, but I'm sure this is down to my poor quality strap rather than the strap buttons. I've had the guitar for 5 years now, and over that time it has picked up quite a few dents and scratches, and one of the screws holding the double coil pickup in place has fallen out and been lost for a few months now (although this doesnt make much difference unless you tip the guitar forward a bit whilst playing). But overall, I think the guitar has done real well to last me this long. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, I would say this guitar is great for beginners. It suits a wide range of styles, and is amazingly easy to play. If it were stolen or lost, I probably wouldnt buy a new one, but thats only because I've had it for so long and I'm getting a new guitar in a couple of weeks anyway (ESP LTD EX-50). My main problem with it is the look. Although I liked the natural look at first, the Strat style has really started to bore me. Plus I'm sure that my new EX-50 will have a much better sound quality, as well as looking a hell of a lot cooler. But this guitar is definately great for beginners, and is quite a bargain at the price at which I bought it. // 9

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013