VR4000BTB Review

manufacturer: Vintage date: 04/18/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Vintage: VR4000BTB
Twin humbucking pickups with double blade polepieces take care of the Razer?s high output sound, with master volume and tone rotaries, 3-way pickup selector and neat coil tap facility giving the Razer a wide range of tones.
 8.8
 8.4
 9.1
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
VR4000BTB Reviewed by: Soad/rhcp/gnr, on august 09, 2004

Features: It has 24 frets, It has a nice mat finish. It's an SG like body. 1 volume, 1 tone and 2 pickup selector switches. Free Gibson Jimmp page signiture model guitar (just kidding.) // 6

Sound: I play lots of GNR and Metallica and it does the job great. I use it through a Zoom 505II with metal distortion and a Fender 15g amp which is a great combination especially for the overall price. Not a lot of feedback. You can get high pitch soloing and deep crunchy powerchord tones out of this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The only flaw is the tips of the headstock can get knocked of easily. Slightly top heavy but I fixed the somehow. Other wise nothig else. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Strap buttons are fantastic. The hardware should last. I could most definetly depend on this. The finish is brilliant. // 10

Overall Impression: This a great value guitar. I have been playing for 7 months and this is my second guitar. If it were stolen id get this or perhaps the Cort M200. I love its appearance and the finish. I wish I had a Gibson les paul though. // 10

VR4000BTB Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 18, 2005

Purchased from: Ebay baby! Hahaha score!

Features: Nice little metal axe, 24 frets (a little sharp when sliding). Solid body contruction with a very very nice matt black finish (prone to getting dusty). Body is a cross between a ESP Viper and a Gibson SG, I love the tapered edge on the top, allows for comfortable play. 1 volume, 1 tone w/coil tap and 3-way selector. The Wilkinson twin humbuckers work well with the construction, this is truly a metal axe, very crunchy sound. The raised adjustable bridge acts as perfect rest and handy for palm muting, Wilkinson tuners dont let go, I've owned for 6 months and only had to tune it twice (I think). // 8

Sound: I play metal metal metal, it suits it well. Neck is thick (compared to my Jackson). Easy to string so a ideal back up guitar. Using a MG30DFX with a DOD Grunge and a Rocktek Distortion pedal, sounds awesome. Unfortunatly the solid body construction causes alot of 1st fret rattle, easily cured (ahem) by strippin the strings out and raising the nut (little bit of glue works). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory action was wikked, pickups set back to allow for personal preferance, I raised the adjustable bridge to compensate for the 1st fret rattle. No problems with the finish or anything apart from the nut being too low. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The finish is prone to light scratches due to it being matt but they are easily rubbed out. I can see this guitar holding up against the test of time, I give it a thrashing whenever I wanna throw some abuse at somthing (Jackson too precious) and it's still alive and kicking. // 8

Overall Impression: I play metal all the time. Been playing for a little while I got a Jackson JDR-94 Concept as my main baby, using my lil MG30DFX amplification, routed thru my PC with guitarfx software with DOD Grunge and Rocktek Distortion pedal, also with Vintage metalaxe Razor (blb) and a Westfield Strat style bass. If I lost or somone half-inched the VR4000 id consider buying it but probably just buy a Epiphone SG (as I like them). The features and play are simular to the more basic (cheaper) Yamaha (H-S-H) but the Vintage just feels better. // 8

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013