VS6 Review

manufacturer: Vintage date: 10/02/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Vintage: VS6
22 frets, double humbucker, rosewood fretboard, double cutaway SG-style, 3 way selector switch with a Rhythm and Treble and "neutral" setting between the two.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.1
 Features: 8.4
 8.5
 8.8
 8.2
reviews (21) pictures (4) 42 comments vote for this gear:
VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 25, 2004

Purchased from: www.gear4music.com

Features: I got this a day present for myself in 2004. It has a 22 fret neck, dual cutaways which allow access to the high end, two volume controls for both the bridge and neck pickups with two tone controls to pot. The neck is glued on and made of solid mahogany. It plays like a true SG and believe me I've played a few. It has a standard tune-o-matic bridge and a three way pick-up selector: bridge, neutral, neck. // 10

Sound: This axe is extremly versatile as I've used it for blues, rock, metal, funk and even country. I've used it through Marshalls to a H and H but my main amp is a little 10 watt Kustom with celestion speakers. You can go from saturated distortion to clean and it sounds great. From Metallica to the Red Hot Chili Peppers you can't go wrong. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar worked well straight from the box with a bit of tuning. It didn't arrive tuned which bothered me slightly but otherwise great. Nice low action but I've used a slide on occasions. The pick-ups could be a little beefier but I'm not complaining. The strings are 0. 09s but the guitar can take up to 0.13s with no difference to sound or tone. The deep red cherry finish is magic. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This baby will last through anything believe you me. I've dropped it once, not even a dent. If I could I'd add a couple more of these to my collection but maybe in black next time. This thing will last people so go and get one! // 8

Overall Impression: For me this is an ideal guitar, I love it to bits and to hell with anyone who says you need a good big name axe to sound great. I've been playing for 7 years and this complements my Encore Strat just fine. The humbuckers are loud and proud. If it were stolen I'd kick the guy's ass who stole it then get another one. This could easily stand its own against the Gibsons and Fenders of this world so no complaints from me. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: smb, on february 09, 2005

Purchased from: www.gear4music.com

Features: The VS6 is a pretty good copy of a Gibson SG. It's a twin cutaway electric with a pair of humbuckers and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. The first thing I noticed is how great it looks - no wonder Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath always plays SGs! The cherry red finish is the best, it just looks so devilish. It's fairly lightweight mahogany body and the neck is easy to move up and down. Thanks to the twin cuts, you can get right up the frets - great for solos. There's 22 frets; the controls fitted are two volume, two tone and a three-way pickup selector. // 8

Sound: It's quite clearly a guitar for metal and hard rock, and the electrics are well up to the task. The body feels like it can take some abuse (although I wouldn't want to damage it!) You can get a range of tones easily, my fave being a warm sound (both pickups open and mid-tone on the neck, no tone on the bridge pup) but you can quickly find nice sharp and harsh one (think the solo on Wicked World). I like to keep it clean with little or no effects and a basic amp, so read another review for how it copes then. The sound is clear and bright with little or no noise. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I have no complaints about the factory setup - it had even been tuned. The frets are nicely positioned and filled, the saddle and bridge sensibly positioned and at the right height. I'm a pretty heavy handed player, and broke the top string pretty quick (maybe I should go back to my bass) but I haven't found any problems or had to make any adjustments yet. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar seems solid in all respects. The strap buttons ain't goin' anywhere, and the dials and Switch feel sturdy. Aside from the string I broke (my own fault) I've a lot of confidence in it. Gigging without a backup is asking for trouble, but don't expect your backup to get a lot of use. This is a dependable guit'. // 8

Overall Impression: I play Kyuss, Queens Of The Stone Age, Mondo Generator and Black Sabbath mostly. So while there's some damn hard riffage, there's some mellow and calm intros and interludes in some songs. This guitar looks and sounds the part. It looks dead sexy, and sounds like you're Iommi himself. I'd like to fit some heavier gauge strings because it loses some tone on de-tuning but it still sounds great in C F Bb Eb. At this price, it's hard to fault. It's ideal for a beginner but an amature could be proud of it (a pro would probably prefer a genuine Gibson). This guitar kicks arse if you like heavy metal. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: Encore_God, on august 05, 2003

Features: This excellent guitar was made in 2002, presumably in the United Kingdom. It is a 22 fret, double humbucker, rosewood fretboard, double cutaway SG-style guitar in a gorgeous Cherry Red finish. As with all SG's and copies has the Gibson-style 3 way selector Switch with a Rhythm and Treble and 'neutral' setting between the two. The buttons and switches are supremely well made, and far better than a majority of the copies I've seen (Epiphone included!) // 8

Sound: I generally play a lot of blues, blues-rock, rock and some metal here and there. It does exceptionally well with the string bending and vibrato I use, which is made easier by the supreme action. I generally use this guitar with my Kustom 10 watt amp and my home made Treble Booster Effects Pedal. It sounds very good with the amp, and is very versatile...with the pedal it is amazing. The humbuckers eliminate all feedback entirely when the guitar is standing, and give a powerful defined tone when in use. The amount of sustain that can be gained with a bit of tweaking is immense, and a warm tone is very easy to get with this guitar. Palm muting is very easy also due to the robust and comfortable bridge. It's hard to dislike this guitar on it's sound output...there's something there for everyone. The only sound I have difficulty with is the Clapton sound...but it is there! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I had the action sorted on the guitar as part of the set up, so from the factory I have no idea. However, the set up I received was the best imaginable, with the perfect level of action that made playing laughably easy without the fret buzz that I had put up with for so long! The flatboard is nearly flat, beautifully finished and perfectly smooth, and the 22 frets are all superbly fashioned for easy navigation. The colour of the wood is a massive plus point on this guitar...the grain of the wood can be felt through the perfect Cherry Red finish. The colour is utterly superb...pictures do not do the axe any justice. Everything was perfectly set up...it even stayed relatively in tune through transit! This is another strength of the guitar...it can stay in tune forever! Utterly flawless, and much easier than any rivals...in fact, it can easily compete with the top Gibsons I've tried... // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar recently did a sterling job in a 'Golden Oldies' Night in which I performed...where it handled The Who, Eric Clapton and Deep Purple superbly with minor adjustment. All was perfectly in order, and it really does rock when turned up...very loud! The strap buttons on SG's in general are obscurely placed when considering the weight of the neck, and in concert you do need to hold the neck of the instrument in order to save yourself from a neck fatality! This in reality is the only downside of the guitar...however, it's a damn sight lighter than the Les Paul, and easily more adaptable and versatile. All is in perfect order, and the guitar lets you just go out and rock! No backup required, this axe will do you perfectly all night! A wide strap is required ideally with a strong leather end in order to hold the guitar and spread the weight well. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing now for 4 years, and my gear is limited. I think my playing stock will be even more limited now! This guitar is ultimately versatile, and I'd like to stress that this guitar leaves the Epiphone SG's way behind, it's more effective, better quality, and much more cost effective. If lost, I would have to deliberate between another VS6 or a V100 (Les Paul style), as this was my original dilemma! In general, this guitar not only sounds excellent, but is very easy to work with and play...and has oodles of the 'wow' factor. A hit with the ladies! :) I would like at some point to take it into school to try it with the amplifiers there. That way I could see the guitar work to its near limitless potential. Overall, the best guitar on the market in this price range! // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: The Beige, on march 02, 2009

Purchased from: Music Room

Features: I can't quite figure out what year it was made, could be anything from last week to a 1970's Legend. I'm not sure. It has 22 frets, medium jumbos, rosewood fretboard with set mahogany neck (like almost every other Vintage guitar) and is very playable. It is basicly an Epiphone SG Special, but I think it is slightly better. A mahogany body visible through the red varnish it one of the may aesthetic features that drew me to this guitar. It has Standard tune-o-matic ridge with stop bar tailpiece, which I find very easy to palm mute on. It has 2 volume and 2 tone controls with a 3-way selector for the two humbuckers. All of the hardware is made by Wilkinson including the pick-ups and tuners. The tuners are locking but are very fragile, as I found out when one of my friend knocked it over, and one of the machine heads came off. I got a free gig bag with the guitar. // 7

Sound: this guitar suit's my music style perfectly, I love bluesy style rock and AC/DC, so a) I can imagine that I'm Angus young and b) it gives a perfect, bright sound that can easily be switched to a very metal-esque sound by switching pick ups and turning the tone up. I play it through a 45watt squire amp and it sounds brilliant. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action to me is fine, but other people have said it is too low and that they can't palm mute on it. However I can palm mute perfectly on it so I'm not complaining. I have made no adjustments to the guitar since it came out of the shop, I haven't raised any pick-ups, I haven't even had to take off the tone or volume knobs to adjust the lining up of the numbers. The guitar does have one flaw hat I have only recently spotted, it does have a few small nicks in the fretboard, but they are hardly noticeable. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I am unfortunately only an ameture guitarist, so I have not had the liberty of playing Live, though when living in a small house with 3 small children, it gets bumped a lot, so I suppose it could withstand Live playing. The hardware looks like it was done very professionally, and will definitely last for quite a while. the strap buttons are very solid. I should know as once you get a strap on, its hard to get it off again. the finish is very durable and will last a long time, even with heavy playing. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly AC/DC kinds of music, so a good rhythm pick-up is essential for me, I have only been playing for 3 months self taught so I'm not familiar with any advanced techniques. I also have a Hutchins copy of a Dan electro pro, which is good but unreliable. I do wish I had asked how much replacement machine heads were before I bought it, as I had to pay 5 to replace the one my friend broke, I think he still owes it to me. if it got stolen, I would buy it again, without a doubt. I love the colour of it, the sound it makes and just the overall feel of it, it makes me feel like I'm a guitar god (a grade 2 guitar god but hey, I can dream). I don't really hate anything about it, except for the colour of the machine heads, a kind of bogey green. almost glow in the dark colour. my favourite feature is the bodyshape, I have always liked SG's, so this one was a must have. When I was in the store, I went in to try out an Ibanez, but as I was playing (pretty badly) I saw the Vintage, and of course fell in love, so to speak. I do wish it had a Bigsby bridge, albeit a low one, but otherwise, I'd say this guitar deserves a 9/10. // 9

VS6 Reviewed by: Enix165, on august 11, 2010

Price paid: C$ 480

Purchased from: Music City

Features: The Vintage VS6 is an SG-style guitar made in the UK with a mahogany body, mahogany set-in neck, two Wilkinson humbuckers, a batwing pickguard, a Wilkinson Tune-O-Matic with stopbar, 2 tone/volume knobs, trapezoid inlays(which I love) and Wilkinson Deluxe tuners. I love the feel of it, the neck's fairly thin, but not Ibanez-thin, and fast, and I usually hate gloss/finished necks, but I don't mind the neck one at all, and the guitar itself is nice and light, good for on-stage madness. I'd give it an 8 for features, because the tuners and bridge aren't exactly top-notch, and while they do stay in tune reasonably well, it doesn't stay in tune as well as my Dean MLX. // 8

Sound: I play classic rock, old 70s Sabbath/Judas Priest-style metal, thrash metal, speed metal, 80s hard rock/heavy metal and a little classical, and the pickups in the VS6 hold up great to anything from clean to wild scooped-mids distortion. I play through a Randall RX75RG2 75-watt combo and a DigiTech RP90, and I find it has a really beefy tone out of it, great for rhythm, and I'd put the tone on par with a Gibson SG Special, which is double the price around here. I'd give it a 10 here, because I really can't think of a guitar I've played that's sounded a good deal better, especially not for the $480 I paid for it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The VS6 I bought was a floor model, so it was all set up great, and the finish was pretty much flawless(I got it in a transparent cherry red a la Angus Young, and I think it's beautiful). The G string's tuner doesn't seem to work too well(I'm thinking it's the nut, it'll be flat so I'll turn it a little bit and nothing happens then I turn it again a little more and it'll be sharp, and it's been like it on all 4 sets of strings I've gone through since I got it in June), and the saddle on the high E came a little loose after a while but I fixed it with no problems. I'd give it an 8 for the tuner and the saddle, because otherwise the guitar was set up great, and the finish is beautiful and well-applied. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar'll last a long time, and I'd gig with it, although I'm thinking those tuners might need a swap for some Grovers sometime soon. The strap buttons are a lot more reliable than those on my Dean(whose strap buttons tend to let go of the guitar, and having your guitar fall mid-gig is just a liiiiiiittle bit of a problem), and the finish definitely seems like it's going to last. I'd give it a 9 here, because, again, those tuners aren't very good, but everything else is fine, and // 9

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of old-school stuff, and this guitar is a great match for me. I've been playing for 2 years, and out of my current guitar lineup(this, a Dean MLX and a late '80s model BC Rich Platinum Assassin) this is my favorite soundwise. If it was stolen I'd get another providing I had the money. The guitar has a reaaaaaaally nice sound you wouldn't normally expect from a $480 guitar, and I love the feel of it, but as I've been continually stating, I hate those tuners. I tried out a Fender MIA Strat, a Gibson Les Paul of some sort, an Epiphone G-400, a Gibson SG Special, an Ibanez RG of some sort, a Godin Les Paul-type guitar and a Gibson SG Standard, and I'd say this was probably the third nicest-sounding out of those(the Gibson SG Standard and the MIA Strat being above), and the nicest-looking and second cheapest(the Godin was used and going for $350) out of them, so I'm glad to have got it. I'd give it a 9, it sounds, feels and looks like a Gibson SG Special, for a fraction of the price. // 9

VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 25, 2003

Purchased from: Johnny Road House Music

Features: This guitar I think was only made a few years ago alongside the Vintage version of the Les Paul. It has the usual 22 frets mixed in with the rosewood neck. I'm not entirely sure what the body is made from but I think it may be maplewood but dont count on me for that one. It has two tone and volume nobs and a Switch. Unfortunately it does not have a wha handle on it, and this is a shame because I would have liked to play this guitar with a wha. I think that the best feture is definitely the neck as it is so easy to play and it's very light on the fingers. It has two standard pickups that are very nice to play. All in all this has got most of the standard features you would need. // 8

Sound: This guitars sound its besically a classic rock/mellow rock sound. I play this with a Marshall MG15DFX and I find them to be a very good match-up. This guitar is very versitile as it can play all sorts from The Doors even to Ill Nino if you want. Although it is not intended to be a metal-style guitar it can still be used to that effect. This guitar has a very rich and full sound most unlike the Stratocaster and I find it best used with quite a bit of reverb. In my opinion this guitar is very versitile and has many different sounds; you just really need the right amp. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first bought this guitar I was mainly suprised at the general quality of the wood and the neck. This is not a bolt-on guitar and so the neck is very nicley fitted to the body. The bridge was fine and the humbuckers seemed all nicely in place. My main real concern with this is the jack socket as this is very clumsy. It fell out after only a few days of me buying this and, although this is not a major problem, its is still very annoying. Also at least two of my tone and volume switches have come loose and one of them has even fell off. These types of clumsy errors are very annoying for the buyer and even know I have not fixed all of the problems. // 6

Reliability & Durability: You can depend on this pretty much always if you look past the minor bad details. The hardware is very durable and the neck on it is very solid. the strap buttons are a little badly placed but altogether ok. I have had this guitar for about a year now and it has been very good. It has withstanded heavy playing (System of a down, korn etc) but has still been good. The fretboard on this guitar is wonderfull and has not worn a bit since the day I got it. You can depend on this guitar but I would not use it at a gig with no backup as there are some clumsy errors on the manufactorers side that could effect your playing. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mainly metal or rock music and this guitar has suited down to a tee. Although an Ibanez may be better for metal this still is a very good option. I loved this guitar's versatility and the fact that it can suit most types of music. The fretboard on this guitar is amazing and is one of the best around for the price. I have compared it to things like the Squire Standard Strat and I have to say this guitar outrankes it in every way. For a beginner, this is really the type of guitar you should be looking for and, for the money, it is a great choise. Really I think the only other option if you dont want this one is the Vintage Les Paul as they are both similar guitars and both play brilliantly. All in all if your a begginer BUY THIS GUITAR. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 12, 2004

Purchased from: Allegro Music

Features: This guitar is a copy of the SG. It is a nice cherry red finish. It has 22 frets, 2 humbuckers a volume and tone for each and classic 3 way Switch between rhythm and treble. The guitar is a mahogany body with rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays. The tuners feel a little loose, but the guitar stays in tune for ages. The pickups are not that great and would recommend changing them for use with distortion. Apart from this, it is a great guitar! // 8

Sound: You can basically get any sound out of this guitar, rock, blues, metal jazz etc... it is so versitile. I run it through a Marshall 30 DFX and also through an effects program on my computer, and it sounds great through both. You can have it bassy, or very trebly just by using the tone controls on the guitar itself. It has a warmish sound, not that bright, sometimes a bit too bassy, maybe my new pickups will fix that? No not use for loud distortion, it doesn't sound that great. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar action was near perfect when I got it and pickups seemed to be in optimal placement. The bridge is sturdy, but you might want to adjust it, as it seems the bottom e doesn't want to play properly. The only problem I had with it is trying to get the back cover off, it was jammed in and wouldn't come out resulting in a nice big chip to the finish on the back of the guitar. It seems to get scratched a lot, with a big scratch in the body work appearing and many more on the body itself. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand playing live if you changed the pickups. The hardware does seem like it will last for a long time, and the finish although will scratch, doesn't chip as it has been bumped into a few radiators in transit. This guitar is now my number choice guitar for playing and I can depend on it. I would take this to a gig with no backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play blues and rock and this is a very good match. This is now my 3rd electric guitar in 2 years, but once the pickups have been changed I will be sticking with this for some time to come! If this guitar was stolen I probably would buy another one, assuming I hadn't saved up enough for the Gibson. I wish it had better pickups on this guitar and a coil tap, other than that it is a great guitar. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 21, 2004

Purchased from: Dawsons

Features: This guitar was made fairly recently (2003 my guess) in Korea or China. 22 medium frets, twin humbuckers with separate volume and tone controls for each. 3 way selector (rhythm, neutral and treble). Mahogany body, rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays. Glued neck. Tune-o-matic bridge. Basically an SG! Amazing for the price! // 10

Sound: This guitar is in a word. Amazing. It can cover all my styles (mostly old-school rock), and many more! I'm playing it through a Marshall MG50DFX with Boss DS-1 and Crybaby Wah all liked with Planet Waves gold leads. The sound is crytal clear on the clean channel, and using my DS-1 gives the perfect amount of crunch for rock. It does sound a bit bassy at times, but not too much. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Well. Despite being a great guitar, the action was terrible when I bought it. But thanks to the tune-o-matic it was really easy to sort. Dawsons had previously re-strung with Ernie Ball Super Slinkeys. The pickups were 'wobbly' but are secure now after fiddling with a screwdriver. Electronics are fine. The finish is immaculate, not a scratch or dent anywhere! The finish is unbelievable, has to be seen in person, the pictures do not do this guitar justice. The deep cherry red is to die for! Aside from high action and wobbly pickups, absolutely perfect. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would stand up to playing live, but I'd take a back-up (it's just stupid not to!). The hardware will seem to last, as will the finish, as I play pretty heavily. The strap buttons seem solid too, although I'd prefer it if weren't on the back but I'n not too bothered. Very dependable in my experience. Thumbs up! // 10

Overall Impression: Fits my style perfectly, my 'Strat' just didn't quite cut the mustard. I've been playin for 7 months and this is the best guitar I've tried in it's price range, I even thought it was better than the Epiphone G400! Only 1 thing I'm not entirely happy with, due to the design it's head-heavy and doesn't balance right, but that's not a major problem. I'd definately buy another if it were stolen. Considering the features and price, it's a bargain. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 28, 2005

Features: This guitar has 21 frets and it has a really smooth maple neck. It is a duoble cutaway body just like an SG. It has two humbuckers which are both made by Wilkinson so it has a 3-way selector. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds amazing, I play mostly '80s rock like Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Metallica and this guitar suits it perfectly. The humbuckers give it a real rocky noise although you can get a blue sound out of them if you change the selector. I use a Marshall MG15CDR and it goes really ell with it! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Thumbs up. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would say that this guitar will do many live gigs because whilst I have had the guitar (12 months) nothing has gone wrong (touch wood), the pickups haven't failed nor has the strap buttons or anything! The finish is also very good, like I said, I have has this for about 1 year and there is only one scratch on it and thats because I accidenteally scratched it with a knife. Apart from that, the paintwork and finish is great. // 10

Overall Impression: I would say that this guitar is perfect for beginners that play rock (metal) and that it goes well with any amp but preferably Marshall! // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 16, 2006

Features: This is a solid body SG style guitar. I'm not sure what year mine was made, but probably 2005. I chose mine in cheery red with chrome hardware. It has Wilkinson deluxe non-locking tuners, 2 Wilkinson humbuckers and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. It didn't come with anything exept an allen key (but I can't find where to use it), and a 1 year manufacturers warrenty. // 8

Sound: My style of music is just general rock, like U2, Red Hot Chilis, Green Day etc. This guitar suites any types of music and I love using it to play some U2. The clean channel is exellent and has a rich crunchy sound. On overdrive it sounds amazing! You can pile loads of distortion on it and it will still sound good. At the moment I have only got this 70 watt bass amp which my neighbour gave me for free, and it sounds ok, you can't get much sound out of it but it still sounds good. Sometimes I take it round to my friends house and use his Fender Champion 300, this set up is good, but I'm soon getting a Marshall MG30DFX. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar was exellent. I just opened the box, tuned it and was playing for hours. The pickups were slightly to low for my liking but I just raised them up a bit. Theonly flaw eit it is that the neck strapbutton is on the back of the guitar, and causes it to be neck heavy. The finish was exellent with evenally applied varnish. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would use my VS6 without a backup at a gig, and I feel that it would stand up to years of punishment. The finish is exellent and it looks amazing in the cherry red. The hardware seems good, but I have only had it for 2 weeks, so I can't say much there. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar matches my style of music perfectly. I am very new to learning the guitar and this is my very first axe and am getting a Marshall 30watt soon. I have no regrets buying this guitar even though I had never played one before. If it was lost/stolen I owuld deffinatly buy another Vintage, but maybe a Les Paul style. My favourite features are the way it looks and the way it sounds with distortion. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: Stevie B, on april 20, 2006

Features: I bought this guitar in 2005. It is an SG copy and is very well made. It has 22 frets, 2 Wilkinson humbuckers, 2 volume and 2 tone controls and a 3 way selector. It has Wilikinson non-locking tuners and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. // 9

Sound: I play stuff from Blink 182 to Slayer and this guitar manages it all very well. It is suited for hard rock and metal. I use it with a Boss MT-2 and a crappy little practice amp. It has a nice bright clean sound and with the MT-2 sounds crunchy and bassy. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was not set up perfectly and there was a bit of fret buzz to start with but I raised the action and now its fine. The pickups were fine and so far I have had no problems with this guitar at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand live playing easily with no backup required. The hardware and strap buttons seem like they will last forever I've had no problems at all. The finish looks great and doesnt look like it will wear off at all. // 9

Overall Impression: It is a good match for the styles I play and compared to my first guitar, an Encore KC3, it is incredibly good. If this were stolen or lost I would probably get another one as I love it so much. I compared this to an Epiphone SG and an Ibanez GAX30 and it seemed the better choice and although they all look similar this had the best sound. A great guitar. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: Kollik, on september 01, 2007

Purchased from: www.rockland.sk

Features: I bought this guitar in the beginning of 2007. It has 22 frets with typical SG dual cutaways, mahagony body and a classic Tune-O-Matic bridge. With two volume and two tone controls, two Wilkinson humbucker pickups, it enables quite a variety of settings and sounds. It has non-locking tuners, but the tuning stays perfectly. // 9

Sound: I play many music styles, from Queens Of The Stone Age, Muse, NIN etc to pop or blues. And I have to tell, that it suits perfectly to all of them!!! I am using small 15W Crate amplifier and Zoom G2. Clean or distorted, the guitar sounds fantastic, comes as close to a true SG as possible. It is noisy when you want it to be noisy, clean when you need it to be clean. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought it personally in a reliable store, so the guitar was ready to be plugged and played as soon as I took it home. I had no problem with pickups what'soever. It had a little problem with 6th fret which gave a little buzz, but it was solved easily. I play this guitar with 0.10 strings and I am satisfied. And the cherry red finish is simply amazing, still cannot get my eyes off it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have not used it in Live gigs, but I would not hesitate to play it (even without a backup). On the stage, it would look very good and sexy. It is heavy enough to give an impression of a reliable instrument. Vintade company keeps surprising by making such quality guitars. This guitar will last long I'm sure. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing several years on a Cort solo series guitar, but VS6 showed me how inappropriate it was for me. Vintage VS6 suits me perfectly, it easily handles styles from heavy metal to sweet pop. I love the finish, it feels as a thousands dollars guitar. For such a prize, it surely has no match.I'm dreaming of Vintage V100 to add to my collection, but VS6 still amazes me. If my guitar was stolen, I would curse who stole it, and then I would run to the store and buy another one. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: Elliot_Prudence, on november 26, 2007

Purchased from: www.Andertons.co.uk

Features: This guitar has 22 frets with trapeziod fret markers, two wilikinson passive humbuckers, a Tune-O-Matic bridge, Vintage tuning heads and two tone and volume knobs for each pickup with a 3-way selector. The cherry red body looks nice and is made from mahogany. Double cut away horns makes it very easy to get to the high notes. A downside to this guitar is the neck, it's vanished so it slows you down and shredding becomes more difficult. This guitar used to be ideal for me but as I play lead aswell as rhythm now, I'm craving a Floyd Rose and more powerful pickups so I'll be looking for a new axe shortly. // 7

Sound: This guitar seems fairly versatile. I've used it for blues, rock, hard rock, metal etc. but when it comes to heavier stuff like deathcore or nu metal, this guitar fails to deliver in my opinion as the bass and distortion aren't strong enough. In my opinion, the best thing about this guitar are its harmonic capabilities (you can some bad ass dimebag squeals on this thing)which is suprising for a guitar with wilkinson (pretty much unbranded) pickups. I run this guitar through my line6 spider III 75 watt which greatly improved the tone of my guitar compared with my old Marshall DFX15 watt which I used to use. This guitar has pretty warm tone but at the same time is quite bitey and harsh, great for rock. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was pretty much perfect out of the boxas it was in tune, pickups were well positioned etc. No blemishes or flaws in the wood either. The only thing bad was string buzzing because the action was very low but this took 2 minutes to sort out. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I bought this guitar about 8 months ago and I've used it constantly since then doing gigs and at band pratcise. I've gotta say it was flawless for the first 6 months or so but recently I've noticed the tone and volume knobs have come loose and twist around in their housing and therefore don't turn properly. Other than that, which I'm sure could be fixed quite easily, I've had no other problems with this guitar. To be honest I think I would take my other guitar to a gig as a backup because of the hardware problem. // 7

Overall Impression: I've been playing for almost 4 years now. If my SG got stolen I wouldn't buy another one because my taste in music has changed quite a bit in the four years that I've been playing guitar and I'm now into heavier stuff so I would buy a guitar specific for metal so I'd get something with quaility pickups and a floating tremelo and I'm be buying a new guitar soon anyway. Basically if your into blues or hard rock, I'd advise you consider this guitar. If your into metal or shredding, I don't. // 8

VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 25, 2008

Features: This guitar was probably made around year 2005 or so, it includes - neck through body design - nickel hardware - two humbuckers - two volume knobs - two tone knobs - 3-way pickup selector - non-locking tuners - active electronic setup - all-solid wood I got this guitar last year, and I've learned to play on it. It's a fantastic guitar to learn on assuming you have it set up right, I've learned to adjust different instruments, and I've fiddled around with all the possible settings with this guitar. The intonation is perfect once set, and it plays beautifully. No tremolo but it's SG afterall. // 9

Sound: The guitar is a beautiful instrument in hands of a capable player and can produce most tones you want, although being best suited in the rock genre. Also produces very nice blues and clean tones. The bass end is good, the high end is good too with good setup, though the sustain could be a bit better with the high end. I play anything from Clapton to Kreator with it, it plays them all allright. Plays harmonics clear and loud because of the active humbuckers, tho it does have a bit shallow soundworld. Good lows, excellent midrange, a bit shallow highs. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up OK at the factory, though I did a little tweaking on it. The electronics were good but one tone knob and the output plug were loose, fixed that with a bit of glue. Finish was perfect right off the factory. The horn cutaway is perfect for high fret access, very easy to play. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's good for Live, it does it's job and is very durable. No problems. The finish lasts for ages, I've hit it against everything and dropped it several times and no signs of the finish coming off.. It's a workhorse, a tank. You can't possible break it without a good effort, I haven't even broken a string on it. If you'll take good care of it, it'll last for ages. The strap buttons were OK I guess, I replaced those with straplocks in few months though. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good instrument for a beginner, and I've done few gigs with it without a backup (only short ones). If it was stolen I'd probably get a more expensive guitar, tho if given only 250 bucks I'd get the same exact one. It's a excellent guitar for price, as good as any other one or better. // 8

VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 26, 2009

Purchased from: GAK

Features: This is an SG copy, with 22 frets, a set mahogany neck (great on a guitar at this price point) with a rosewood fretboard and mahogany body. It has a Tune-o-Matic bridge with a stopbar tailpiece and Wilkison tuners. It has two double coil passive wilkison pickups that are controlled by a 3-way pickup selector. The features are brilliant for the price point of the guitar, but obviously don't match those of a higher priced guitar such as a Gibson. // 8

Sound: I use this guitar for many styles, but based mainly around hard rock and blues. I play it through a Roland Cube 60 and a jim Dunlop crybaby and am very impressed by the tones I get from it. The bridge pickup cuts like a razor and is perfect for AC/DC style distorted tones, and sounds very good when clean. The neck pickup is great for thick, creamy Clapton style blues, and with the gain backed off delivers some lovely sounds. One point I must make is that this guitar is not really suited for sparklingly clean arpeggios or funky, Strat style sounds, but humbuckers usually don't Shine here anyway. This guitar is versitile, dealing with almost anything I throw at it, but is geared mainly toward blues and hard rock. I don't think it would be great for super distorted death metal, but mind you, how many death metallers do you see using SGs? // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar arrived in brilliant condition, with no scratches or marks whatsoever. I picked it up and had a play, and other than being slightly out of tune it played like a dream. The neck was fast and allowed much better upper fret access than my previous guitar (a no-name Les Paul Copy). When I plugged it in the pickups worked well, and the tone and volume pots were fine. One problem I have with it is that the pickup selector makes a hell of a lot of noise when flicked. This is the only thing that brings the rating down, other than that it would have been at least an eight. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have had this guitar for nearly two months now and despited being played at least once a day it is still in the same condition it came to me in. I'd definitly gig with it, but wouldn't recommend it without backup. The hardware is great, but I'm thinking of replacing the plastic tuners with some metal ones. This guitar, with proper care (For example, not smashing it on the floor after your set) looks like it'll last donkeys years. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar has to be one of the best guitars in this price bracket (0-200) and I feel I will be playing it for years to come. I have been playing for about a year and a half now and havn't owned too many guitars, but think it is something special. I considered buying an Epiphone g400, but on all fronts this guitar has it beaten. Looks, price and sound. If it was lost or stolen I would definately buy another one, and reccomend it to any beginner/intermediate players looking for an axe for rock and blues. // 9

VS6 Reviewed by: Bigsteve92, on august 11, 2009

Features: I don't know when or where this guitar was made (I'm the third owner) It has 22 Frets, and is a 24 3/4 scale. Both the neck and body are mahogany which gives the guitar a really nice sound but makes it slightly top heavy - this is easily fixed with a leather strap. The body is SG style with the '61 style pickguard that is only on one side. The guitar has 2 humbuckers - both wilkinson chrome covered. Both humbuckers have a volume and a tone control of their own. This means that the toggle Switch can be used like a killswitch (by setting one volume to 0 and the other anywhere above 0). The tuners seem to keep in tune fairly well (once they're in tune that is). They rattle a fair bit but I'll put this down to them being well used. They aren't that great for putting the guitar in tune. // 8

Sound: This guitar will play quite a wide range of music. My style varies quite a lot and this guitar ALMOST meets that range. In my band at the moment we mainly play blink182, sum41, Bowling For Soup and Greenday covers (aswell as some other stuff but the above gives a good idea) and with a bit of tweaking to my amp and effects pedal it will do any of this perfectly well. Infact, the only stuff I'd say it didn't do well was anything drop tuned below Drop C#. It has a lovely full sound and the brightness adjusts with the tone knobs fairly well. I've played the guitar through friends amps and it'll squeal nicely when it's played through a high wattage amp with a bit of gain. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I have no idea how well the factory set the guitar up since I didn't get it from the factory. Same goes for the pickups. The Bridge is TOM and doesnt't require routing so I guess that question is obsolete. The finish is black on mine so I don't know how well the wood is matched up. I have however seen the cherry red version in two music shops and it appears the quality of the book match varies. One of them was matched up almost to perfectly to the point you could barely tell, and the other was just poor. everything on my guitar is satisfactory other than the tuners (see above) and there's something about the inlays that doesn't quite seem right, they don't seem to be as pearly as most inlays. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will most certainly withstand Live playing. The hardware all seems to be of a very good quality and will last (other than tuners, see above) The strap buttons seem solid enough but because of how the guitar sit's on the strap I use plastic strap locks (my Schaller ones would dig into me if I put them on here) I would probably use it at a gig without a backup due to the fact that my only other guitar is a Marshall Rocket Special which sounds terrible next to this guitar. The finish seems to be of a nice quality, the only problem is the 'buckle rash' on the back of it where somebody has played it with a belt with a big buckle on. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing almost a year and a half now and I've been using this guitar for about 12 weeks now. I own a Marshall Rocket Special (Strat copy), a Marshall MG15CDR practice amp, a Boss os2 overdrive / distortion pedal, and a DigiTech RP150 mutli effect processor. If this guitar was stolen I'd go and break the thief's legs and get it back. Failing that I'd have to settle for a cheaper guitar or hope for a good deal to come up again because I can't afford to buy one of these guitars new (around 200 from what I've seen). // 9

VS6 Reviewed by: willT08, on october 20, 2009

Features: Mahogany Body and Neck, Rosewood fretboard, 22 Frets, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 2 Wilkinson Humbuckers, 3 way, 2 Tone, 2 Volume pots. Very well-built guitar. Perfect for gigging. No sectacular quality parts but well built and sound great, in general, not just for the price. // 9

Sound: This guitar is a Rock/Metal machine depending on what you do with the pickups. I'd really recommend picking this up as a modding/gigging guitar. Throw in some Actives and i'm sure this thing will blast through any kind of Metal. Throw in some BareKnuckle's, Duncan's or DiMarzio's and you've got yourself an absolute Rocker. I'm personally thinking about picking up another one and doing both of the above ideas. The stock pickups are generally good. The bridge is nice and full, very warm and has a nice bite to it. A very charactered pickup. The neck one is very flabby, little definition, no mids to it at all. However, the bridge is so nice that you won't care, at least I don't. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action wasn't great out of the box but then that's what happens when you buy online. After sorting that out, this guitar is very, very comfortable. Bit neck heavy but with a thick leather strap you couldn't feel any better holding a guitar. You know it's there, just as you would with an SG, but it's not too heavy. The finish is perfectly fine, no flaws at all and it can take a beating. No problems really, not much to write. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is a TANK. Seriously, it's been dropped, hit, frozen and all kinds of crap in the 2-3 years I've had it. Worst thing that's happened is my Jack came a bit loose after being dropped. Strap buttons are very good without any locks. An ultimate gigging axe. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, a really nice guitar. Great sounding, comfortable, easy to play. Way better than any Epi or Tokai I've played and a load cheaper. If you want a real rock guitar that's perfect for modding into a Metal beast or Crunchy axe, then this is what you want. // 10

VS6 Reviewed by: kinslayerSOA, on july 02, 2010

Purchased from: The Music Shop

Features: The Vintage VS6 is a 22-fret SG style guitar with Wilkinson Humbuckers (with a 3-way selector) and a tune-o-matic bridge. The mahogany body is finished in cherry red and looks GORGEOUS. The tuning pegs are Vintage's own. The features are fantastic for the style you expect an SG-style guitar to do (classic rock, classic metal), but with a bit of work the guitar also works well with faster metal like Children of Bodom. However, there are limits to the features of this guitar, with the pickups and neck being slightly tricky for extreme styles of rock and metal, like Dragonforce or other 'shred' artists. // 8

Sound: For my style of metal, such as Firewind and Children of Bodom, this guitar sounds good. The bridge pickup has a good 'bite' to it for powerchords and palm-muting, although the bridge's lead tones are slightly thin and lacking. The neck pickup is a good choice for solos, as its more 'full' sound works for metal solos. I only use this guitar with my Roland Cube 20X, so maybe my opinion on overall sound is going to be weaker than somebody with a full Marshall stack, but personally I think that the guitar has a good balanced sound (as long as you're prepared to Switch pickups mid song) for metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I got the guitar as a present in a huge box, so I'm assuming the guitar is as it was set-up from the family. All I had to do was get the guitar out and tune it before I knew I had a well set-up guitar in my hands. The action is low enough for my style of playing, the pickups worked nicely, and I was straight into playing more complex patterns than I could ever achieve on my old Strat-replica. There are a couple of niggling flaws though. The bolt on the pickup selector always manages to work itself loose, which can get irritating when changing from bridge to neck, but if you can put up with tightening it then you're fine. Also, the jack plug bolt can sometimes become a bit loose which can shake up the electrics a bit (to the point of cutting out for a second yesterday) but once I retightened it it all works again. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I personally think this guitar will easily stand up to live playing. I'm playing live with a band before the end of the year and I am confident I will not need a back-up guitar on hand. Everything seems strong enough to stand up to the demands, although I do have to take a pair of tongs along... the guitar fell over recently and one of the pegs shattered way too easily, so that's my only real niggle with the durability of the guitar, as even dents I have in the guitar do not affect the finish. Back to playing live though, there are a couple of things you have to be aware of. As with all SG style guitars with the top mounted jack, you have to be careful not to stand on your lead and either wreck the lead or the jack plug. Also, i had 2 non-locking straps that seemed to slip off a bit too easily when I moved around. However, using a Planet Waves locking strap that problem was negated, so I suggest this to anyone aiming to play live with this guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, I am very pleased with this guitar. I've only played on 3 different guitars, two of which were strat-copies, but I can tell that this is a good guitar. It sounds good for metal and rock, is easy to play and looks good. If the guitar were to malfunction or were to be stolen, on my budget I would buy it again without any quibbles. However, I would probably start looking for more expensive options as my ability is growing, and therefore I would look at LTDs and Deans. I'd also love a guitar with a Floyd Rose, which is the only thing I really wish this guitar also had. Overall, I would suggest this guitar to anybody out there, whether they are advanced players or slow-starters. // 9

VS6 Reviewed by: AaronIsCrunchy, on august 16, 2010

Purchased from: Mark One Music - Deal

Features: I am unsure what year it was made, but as I bought it new I would hazard a guess of 2007/2008, and as with all Vintage guitars, it was made in China. It has a 22 fret neck on a mahogany fingerboard, with (at a guess) fat frets. On the neck, there are pearl inlays, and positioning dots on the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 17th, 19th, and 21st frets, so even an idiot like me can't get lost! SG Copy body means that it has a double cutaway body, and the characteristic cherry red colouring, but this can vary. The tuners are Wilkinson, as is the bridge, and there is no whammy bar, and the tuners are non locking- bit of a pain but there we go.There are two volume controls and two tone controls, with a three-way pickup Switch between treble-normal(?)-rhythm. I got a case with it, but this was second hand, costing me 30. // 7

Sound: It suits my music style very nicely - it plays classic rock well, but best of all it plays (curiously) metal and blues. The guitar itself seems to be suited to a distorted tone, and playing jazz on it is nigh on impossible. For a metal player, maybe the strings are not thick enough for downtuned riffing, but the high strings are beautiful for soloing on - I just keep breaking the damned high E! I am currently using a Peavey Vypyr 30, so consequently it is having to cope with lots of effects that are already built into the amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was OK - if a bit low to be honest! THe pickups were adjusted perfectly, and therefore I had to do no tampering upon getting it home. It does, however, have one large flaw. The frets get 'notched' after about a year's usage on a couple of places, and this is (according to where I live) a pain to repair. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing very well, and the hardware (apart from the frets) is very durable and will keep going and going. The strap buttons are definitely solid (if a bit small), although I would bring another guitar - not because of the quality (which it isn't), but more to do with string breakages, as I'm a clumsy idiot. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mainly metal, and this is a very nice guitar to play it on. There are better out there, but I believe that for this kind of price it is one of the best around for small amounts of distortion to heavy downtuned riffs. I have been playing since I was 8 - that was 7 years ago now - and have since amassed a collection of two electrics (this and a Squier Stratocaster Copy), two nylon strings (both awful), two amps (a Peavey Vypyr 30 and A Fender Frontman 15), and a Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz pedal (which is good but eats batteries). I did compare it to one other guitar, (an Epiphone Les Paul Copy), but as I was after an SG, this was the obvious choice for me. I love the body, the sound and the fingerboard - I hate the frets though! // 8

VS6 Reviewed by: jimmy_bones1, on september 30, 2011

Price paid: A$ 350

Purchased from: Blackwood Music School

Features: Vintage VS6, Gibson SG quality copy. Made from Mahogany in a laminated body with no extra top, giving it the standard SG thin body feel. It has a set-in Mahogany neck with 22 frets at 24 3/4", mounted on a Rosewood board. I purchased it in the classic cherry red, semi see-through colour. It has 2 humbuckers, which are Wilkinson passive pickups which give very different sounds. 3 way switch with standard passive electronics. The Tune-O-Matic style bridge gives this guitar much more depth in playing style, but is limited due to the lack of tremolo. Along with this bridge, there are 6 (3x3) Wilkinson tuners, in fitting with the name, the Vintage style which almost look as though they would glow in the dark (which was a let down). I've never seen this in stores since I bought it, but I paid 350 (sale from 500) but it's worth between 230 - 300 pounds on an English guitar online shop. // 9

Sound: Unfortunately, as it is a short scale guitar with passive pickups, it does not suit the playing style of metal, as in anything lower than Drop C, the strings do not cope so well. However, it does do alright, considering. I only have a small practise amp (30W) with only the in built distortion, and it does still pull out some great harmonics and sounds from the amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Currently, the action is very wrong, as when I last replaced the strings, the bridge moved and I am currently trying to fix it. So the action is too low in some parts, and ok in others. The neck is not at the correct angle either which is another factor in the action problem. However, when I purchased the guitar, the action was very good, although not extremely low action, it was still very playable. When I bought the guitar, the strings were not in a very good condition, but this is unlikely a factory error, most likely the transit to the dealer, and the time in which it was waiting to be sold. I have not had a single problem with the pickups, although the pickup selector could be a little quieter, but it does not affect the playability of the guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I believe that it would be well up the challenge of live playing and the hardware is of decent quality so there is no problem there. The strap buttons are very well set out in comfortability of where they are, structural position and durability. I would would use this as a singular guitar at a live gig, unless there was a requirement to radically switch tunings. The finish is good, and I have only managed to chip a small part of it off near the back electronics cover in the 3 years that I have owned the guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is best for rock style of music, not so much metal, which is what I pay mostly. However, it can perform it with little difficulty. I have been playing for about 3 years, and I own very little gear, only the guitar, a strap and an amp. But this all I need at the moment. I am currently building a 7 string, which will compliment this guitar nicely. If it were stolen, I would definitely buy another one, I like the way it feels and plays. I love nearly everything about it, apart from the lack of frets. // 9

VS6 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 02, 2012

Purchased from: Preloved

Features: I am unsure of what year this guitar was made as I purchased it as a spare guitar, unaware of its sheer brilliance, from Preloved at 25 (yes, you read it right, 25). The guitar features a 22 fret rosewood fretboard, a double cut-away style body, a tune-o-matic bridge, passive pickkups, a 3 way selector, two humbuckers, and volume and tone controls each pickup. Included in my 25 was also a guitar stand. Overall, the features are equivalent to what you would expect from a more expensive guitar. // 9

Sound: I have been playing for two years, and I am told by most people that I am musically gifted and sound like I have been playing all of my life apparently. I play all sorts of genres man. Everything from jazz, rhythm and blues, early rock and roll, to punk rock, modern alternative and pop, to the occasional piece of metal. Providing that you select the correct tonal and volume settings, there is not one genre listed above that this guitar cannot handle brilliantly. I currently do not own my own amp as I am a poor man(it is something I am going to get for Christmas), but I am currently taking advantage of my college music department's Marshall ValveState V8080. I find that this amp has a lush reverb and compliments the natural tone of the guitar well. With this guitar, you can switch from the sound you would expect to hear on a Green Day song to the sound you would expect from a Chuck Berry song in a matter of seconds. It's just that brilliant. This is my fourth guitar. Before this I owned a Gear4Music Stratocaster (don't even bother), a Johnson Stratocaster (a little better, its a project atm) and a Stagg Les Paul (poorly balanced, felt nasty to play). This is the best guitar in terms of sound I have played so far. I even prefer it to the Fender Telecaster, of which I tried out in the music shop. Please don't hold that against me, I just prefer it to the Tele. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know how well this guitar was set up from the factory, as I purchased it second hand. I can confirm, however, that when I received it, the action was brilliant. The pickups were also all at the correct height. There were no flaws to speak of, however, it does seem to quickly drift out of tune. I believe that is due to the cheap strings I purchased off eBay though (Fender 150Xls). In terms of the finish, mine is in the ebony (black) color. The finish is glossy and feels nice to touch, however you can see where finger prints, dust and hair has gathered against the black finish. This is not the manufactures fault, it looks lovely as long as you keep it clean. It is just the nature of this color. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is definitely gigable. I did 2 gigs with my band with the aforementioned Johnson Strat, and ended up playing an hour instead of a half. However, when I decided to play this guitar on the third gig, we seemed to be playing all night (from about 8 until when the pub shut at ll?), so this is definitely suitable for gigging. I would trust it as my primary guitar, but I would keep a spare in case of tuning issues, a string snapping etc. The hardware feels solid and like it would last an eternity, however when I got this guitar home I realised the knobs were loose. This was easily fixed. The strap buttons are solid enough, however if I was getting into it and playing heavier stuff whilst dancing around a bit, I would invest in some strap locks. The electronics have never failed me on this guitar and the finish is better than good enough to last, it is fabulous. // 9

Overall Impression: As I mention earlier in the review, I play a variety of styles and this copes well with every one of them. I already said how long I have been playing for and my lack of an amp, and mentioned my preference of this baby to a Fender Telecaster. I have no regrets at buying this guitar at 25 and would happily save up 300 if this was lost or stolen. If I came along money, I would obviously opt for a Gibson, But I thoroughly believe that this is the best alternative that is cheaper than Gibson. I love the tonal variations and the feel of this guitar. There is nothing I hate about it. I don't have a favorite feature, its all good. This is my favorite guitar at the moment. // 9

More Vintage reviews rating category latest review
+ V6 Icon 8.6 Electric Guitars 08/15/2013