Soldier Review

manufacturer: Warrior Instruments date: 02/18/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Warrior Instruments: Soldier
A solid mahogany Strat stlye body and neck, set neck, 24 fret, EMG 89 pu, string thru body, active pu, sperzel locking tuners, straplocks included and recessed into the body, comes with case, Warrior leather strap.
 9.2
 8.4
review (1) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Soldier Reviewed by: Jimmy669, on february 18, 2011

Purchased from: Roxy Guitar Phila. Pa.

Features: Made In U.S.A. Warrior Guitars are HAND MADE instruments. I have a solid mahogany Strat stlye body and neck, set neck, 24 fret, EMG 89 pu, string thru body, active pu, sperzel locking tuners, straplocks included and recessed into the body, comes with case, Warrior leather strap. The finish is a hand oiled finish, the wood comes alive, and one of a kind. Vol, tone switch, 3 way selecter, both vol & tone are push-pull switches. // 10

Sound: The 89 EMG's are fantastic for this guitar. A full sound, with either the pickups split or humbuckers only. I am mainly a classic rock player, use only a Crate tube amp, a Rivera tube amp, and a Fender Twin tube amp. I only use a Vintage distortion pedal with this guitar when I use the Fender amp. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is incredible. the finish is amazing hand oiled mahogany, the owner, JD Lewis makes the FINEST HANDMADE INSTRUMENT in the world! This guitar came from the factory READY to play. I could not find ANY flaws in the construction or finish. Go to www.warriorinstruments.com. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Built to last and this guitar will stay on your shoulder. Built in recessed straplocks are included. I own two Warriors, and I rely on them only. I use 10's on both Warrior's, and play live with all of my guitars. I found this company at the Philly guitar show and I now own two with one more on the way. // 10

Overall Impression: I own a Les Paul, a 72 SG, an 80 SG, I now only play my Warrior's. JD Lewis is now making me a solid walnut guitar, with my own wood, as per my request. If they were stolen I would hunt the asshole down and break his fingers monthly! This Warrior doesn't have the large neck joint like A les Paul, and in my opinion, plays much up the neck. // 10

Comments