Dime 332 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 10/20/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: Dime 332
A bolt-on neck, a pair of hot humbuckers, a tune-o-matic bridge, and string through "V" hardware make the 332 an incredible value. The fingerboard is made from Rosewood and is fit with jumbo frets, and the 2 high output humbuckers each have their own volume knob.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.4
 8.4
reviews (5) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Dime 332 Reviewed by: specialhonky540, on december 20, 2004

Purchased from: Frankies Music

Features: Just for the record it feels very awkward to be talking about this guitar seing as how Mr. Dimebag Darrell was laid to rest last week. It was made in 2004, I'm pretty sure. It has 23 frets with pearl circle inlays. It is a solid top with a solid body. It has a polished finish. It is considered an Explorer shape. It is a String-thru body. It has Active electronics. Volume, tone 1 and tone 2, as well as a Switch to go from the neck pickup, the bridge pickup, or both. The tuners are locking as well as being grovers. A cable and tools came with it, but I had to buy the bag separately. // 10

Sound: It suits my music style perfectly. It goes from gut busting metal riffs to sappy love ballads in the blink of an eye. I play all over so it is the best guitar I have owned yet. I am using a Stone amp that I got with my previous guitar, but I don't have any effects yet. It's fairly guiet. The only noisy setting is if you leave it unattended and on at the same time. If the tone 2 control is all the way up it will cause some noise. It can make a variety of sounds. It can squeal, bend, hammer-on, pull-off. If you can imagine the sound, this guitar can pull it off. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up great. The only modification that I had to do was put lock tight on the input jack. It was a little loose after about 4 months. The pickups were never out of order, they have always been perfect. The top and the bridge were assembled correctly. The guitar only contained fingerprints, if you consider this a flaw. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could withstand my life. The hardware is made of Grade A material. I'm positive that this guitar will outlive me. The strap buttons are set on place and tightened with screws. If I am still playing thirty years from now, I wouldn't trust any other guitar to do the job that this guitar does. The finish looks as if it will last a good 10 or 15 years. // 10

Overall Impression: I play blues, and hard rock. Mostly Guns N' Roses and stuff from Slash. This is the best match I have had with a guitar yet. 2 years this Christmas. I also own a J. Reynolds Strat copy that I am letting a friend borrow. I also own a Stone amp. If it were lost or stolen I would probably buy a Les Paul Studio and if I found the person that stole it I would beat the living shit out of him with the pointy part of the guitar, and then defocate on his children. I love everything about it. The 2 things I wish it could do is magically turn into a Les Paul Studio and have more frets, you know you can never have enough frets. My favorite feature is the 23 frets. I compared it to the Jackson RR3 I liked the Jackson better but I found this one locally and it had about the same features that I wanted. I wish it had a Barrell on the end so I could shoot a hole in my wall. That would be frickin' awesome. // 10

Dime 332 Reviewed by: mitch155, on july 11, 2006

Purchased from: ebay

Features: Not sure when it was made, I guess a few years back, it was made in china. There are 23 frets which is awesome. There is a black finish. There is a volume knob for each pickup and a tone knob, there is also a switch that switches between the pickups. Not sure what type of pickups, but they sound awesome, better then my friends epi Explorer. It is equipped with Grover 18-1 tuners. It came with a patch cord and that is it. Don't know what else to say. Ill give it a 9 because I love these pickups. // 9

Sound: This guitar is mainly for metal, but it is very versitile. I use my DigiTech RP50 and my peavy 175 watt amp and this guitar sounds beautiful, the only problem I have is that it isnt the cleanist sounding guitar, still awesome for busting out some metal tunes. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up beautifully from the factory, the pickups were set perfectly and the only flaws in the guitar was the fact that it had some roough spots on the surface, but I also bought this guitar as a B stock. I'm not a fan of the black finish though, it looks and gets dirty very easily. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I would trust this guitar to play on stage, maybe not without a back up though. It seems as though this guitar breaks strings really easily. Strap buttons are solid but you do need a strap lock or the strap will slip out easily, the finish seems as though it will last. The guitar is very durable. Grover tuners will always last. // 7

Overall Impression: For the style of music I play, which is very wide this is a good match, although I would like to have another guitar like a hollow body becasue I play every type of music pretty much. I wish it was a different finish because I'm not a huge fan of black finish's. I also wish it had a floyd rose tremolo and was loaded with a dimebucker pickup at the bridge and emg 59 at the neck. My favourite feature of this guitar would be the history and legend of dimebag darell. If someone stole this guitar, screw what other people are saying "I would buy another one" if someone stole this from me I would hunt them down and make them eat three trash cans and a Pink bike. // 7

Dime 332 Reviewed by: ericman93, on november 11, 2006

Features: My Dime is a 2005 Washburn Dime 332. Although it doesn't say where it was manufactured, I believe it was USA. It's has a very thin neck for playing fast and hard, Jumbo frets for more room for fingering, and the action is very high, but I was surprised on this guitar because most guitars that have very high action get a buzz from the frets hitting the strings, this guitar does not buzz, at all. It is made out of mahogany, but is light unlike most mohagony guitars. This guitar never goes out of tune. The strings sit on a tune-o-matic bridge (better than the Gibson one) and string through the body. It has 2 volume controlls and one tone controll. It runs on a 3-way selector. It sounds exellent on it's factory pickups (2 Seymour-Duncan Dimebuckers), and the sustain goes on and on forever! The Grover tuners are great, they never slip, keeping your Dime in tune, always. // 10

Sound: It very well suits my music style. I play heavy and death metal. I play it through a Marshall AVT275X Cab, with a Marshall JCM2000 Lead 100 Head. It sounds so excellent. The guitar has a very wide range of sound depending on your distortion pedal. I run mine through a Zoom 505 Distortion. I can make it sound muddy, heavy, and just downright evil. Or, I can make it sound bright and happy with the click of my pedal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up ok at the factory, but I had mine professionally set up. The Action Is very high. The guitar fits so nicely against your body. The bridge was routed nicely. The black finish is thick and won't wear down. Good action, fit & finish no flaws I can see. Everything else was perfect! // 10

Reliability & Durability: Evey thing will last, but I didn't like the strap buttons, they were horrible, they were too small. The guitar falls to the ground. Fortunatley there is a soulution to that problem. I went down and bought some black Peavey straplocks. They work ecellent. You can seriously depend on this guitar. When ever I gig with it, I don't even bring a backup! // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing 12 years and I own 14 guitars. My band has been around for 8 years, we have played 212 gigs so far. And never in my career, have I come across a guitar this great! It doesnt't even match my Gibson Explorer that I payed $1200 for. There is nothing I wish it had, because it has everthing I need. If this Guitar was stolen, I would kill the son of a bitch that stole it! If you want a great guitar for under $800, buy this! // 10

Dime 332 Reviewed by: Fausch, on december 11, 2008

Purchased from: Zamar Traverse City

Features: I don't know, but I think it's 2004. Made in China. Rosewood fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets with the generic Dot inlays. It's solid mahogany, and I'm pretty sure the neck is maple. It's that ML shape tht has become oh so famous as of late. It has a Tune-o-matic bridge with the string thru V. The guitar has hot-ass Seymour Duncan pickups with some incredible sound. It has two volumes, one tone, and a 3-way toggle. It has Grover 18:1 tuners, which seem to go out of tune pretty fast. It came with a Washburn gigbag. // 9

Sound: For being a metal guitar, this bastard is pretty versatile. I play everything from Killswitch Engage to Stevie Ray Vaughan, and this guitar sounds pretty awesome, even when playing those warmer, bluesy riffs. I'm using a Rocktron Rampage (Small Amp,) and relying solely on the distortion from the amp (Which doesn't sound too bad.) The sustain is wonderful. Notes ring out forever and a half. I've useed this with a big-arse Marshall amp and it sounded orgasmic. It's nice to have a versatile guitar when you're working as a band to establish a signature sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought it used. The action is kinda high, but I like it that way. Buttery action just doesn't do it for me. As for the controls, my tone knob is f**ked up and the strap buttons aren't very solid, but other than that, everything is perfect. The finish is beatiful other than a couple of dings from me dropping/bumping it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've only played one gig thus far, and I'd do it again with this guitar. I'd definately bring backup, because this thing is a string-snapper. Other than the output jack and knobs, this thing will outlive me. The strap buttons aren't very solid, and that's caused some damage to the finish, but from playing alone, this thing won't turn into the SRV Strat. // 9

Overall Impression: I play anything metal, rock, or electric blues, and this sounds pretty sweet any way you slice it. I've been playing for 15 months now and this is my only electric guitar. I have no regrets about this buy and I would definately replace it if it was lost or stolen. I love the shape, the sound, and the durability. It was a christmas present, so I couldn't really compare it, but I wouldn't ask for another style. I wish the strap buttons were better and I would love either gold or black hardware. Maybe a third pickup for more tonal versatility. // 10

Dime 332 Reviewed by: andy1717, on october 20, 2009

Price paid: £ 199.99

Purchased from: Gamlins Music

Features: 22 Fret. Black glossy finish with chrome arrow at bottom of body. Looks real cool and suits metal lovers more so. I know nothing about the type of wood. It's a bolt-on neck which has never given me a problem. Difficult to find a case due to shape. Has 2 hum-bucks giving it great sound no loss of quality. // 9

Sound: Great for metal not sure about a clean sound. Doesn't quiet sound clean enough. Excellent for tapping and sweeping. If hooked up with a great amp and you'll be well away. I'm using a Line 6 Spider III 120w combo amp. Doesn't loose and quality when cracked up. Haven't been able to turn my amp to full yet in my bedroom. Unbelievably loud. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Not too heavy but wouldn't swing it around on stage. Good feel when holding it. Nice for when you want to hit the 22's and play high up on the neck. No restrictions due to shape of body. Would be better if the amp connection wasn't in the front sticking out. Looks out of place. Well made and still in good condition 3 years onwards. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Not had any problems that I haven't caused through misuse. I've dropped knocked and scratch it. More than once which lead to the neck splitting. It was repaired for 80. Don't think it could take much more. Electrically no problems. Only due to the size and shape it has which is why I can't give it top marks. If looked after (like most things) there will be no problems. // 6

Overall Impression: Great for metal, Needs a hard case for transport as for the big head it does take quiet a few knocks. Looks and sounds great. Needs a gentle hand to care for. Unfortunately I don't have a gentle touch so I'm giving it a powerful 8. Other than having to be wrapped in cotton wool it's a overall good guitar to have in your collection. Great for pros and people with a little experience. Wouldn't get it just starting. // 7

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ Parallaxe PXS10FRDLXWB 9.3 Electric Guitars 09/24/2014