Dime VPRO Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 10/17/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: Dime VPRO
As wild as the man who created them, as unique as his music, the DimeV is a heavy metal weapon. Loaded with Seymour Duncans, designed with a stop tailpiece and available in flamed or caramel burst finishes.
 9.3
 8.6
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Dime VPRO Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 17, 2005

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: 2004 Korean Washburn VPRO, Dimebag Signature Series, black flame graphics, set V neck, V inlays on neck, 22 jumbo frets, grover tuners, Buzz Fenton tuning system, Seymore Duncan '59 reissue at the neck, dimbucker at bridge, two volume knobs one tone knob, stop tail piece bridge. Comes with a custom form fitting gig bag. // 10

Sound: I play rock and metal, the neck pickup has a smooth Vintage sound and the dimbucker will ripe your head off. I have several amps, a Randall Warhead, Marshall MG250DFX and a Crate Stealth 50 tube amp. Most of the time I play through a Peavey 4-12 cabinet with shetfield speakers. This guitar offers a wide range of tones and is very sensitive to palm muting and pick attack. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar as delivered, was set up very well. The fit and finish is great and the sound is captivating. The fret work, neck fit to the body and the grover tuners have a great quality feel. The tone and volume knobs are tight and noise free. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have owned this guitar since Jan of 2004. I only play for fun so I can't comment on the live playing reliability. The hardware feels top notch. I would definetly gig with out a backup. The paint and finish seem durable although I baby this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal and rock. This guitar is excelent for this. I have been playing for two years. I have several other guitars. 1971 Fender Jaguar, 2003 Peavey V-type and a 1988 Charvel model one. If this guitar was stolen I would replace it with the same guitar. The only thing I dislike it, as with any V style guitar. It is no fun to play sitting down. I bought this guitar because Dime was killed and I wanted one of his signature models. RIP Dimebag! // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ WM24 Renegade 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/10/2014