MR250 Sammy Hagar Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 08/23/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: MR250 Sammy Hagar
This is a really neat collector guitar that is one of only a few limited edition pieces made.
 7.4
 9.8
review (1) 32 comments vote for this gear:
MR250 Sammy Hagar Reviewed by: guylikesnirvana, on august 23, 2007

Features: This is one of the rarest guitars in the world. There is only 12 in the world. I don't know what year it was made but it says it was made in Korea to trick the person who got it to make them think it was a common guitar. But it is made in Chicago, Illinois. 22 maple frets. Laminated top. Body and neck woods are maple. The neck is connected to the guitar and it ends about in the middle of the guitar. Finish is an Orange ripple effect. Body style is almost an early version of the Gibson Les Paul. Volume tone and 3-way selector controls. Washburn pickups. Non locking tuners. Gig Bag and cable included. // 9

Sound: It does good for like Guns n Roses because the strings are kinda easy to move (Ernie Ball strings only) and the neck is easy to move up and down also. I use a Princeton '65 amp and Danelectro distortion, echo, chorus and flange pedals. Not very noisy Rich Bright sounds. It does great pick scrapes, slides bends, stuff like that. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Great at the factory great at home. Pickups are just right. Every thing on this is perfect no flaws no scratces. Nothing period. and I mean no flaws. Saddle fits, no noisy pickups, no loose controls, no misaligned bracing, no poorly filed fretwire, no finish flaws, no poor quality wood no rusted hardware no loose pegs. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It will withstand Live playing. The hardware seems like it will last. Wait it will last. Strap buttons are good except the bottom is kinda loose. You can depend on it. I would use it without a back up.The finish withstanded 2 or 3 years before I got so yeah it will last for a few years more. // 10

Overall Impression: I like to play classic and this is perfect. I've been playing for 3 years now. I own a Washburn WR150 and a red Fender Telecoustic. Nothing I wanted to ask. If this were lost or stolen I would kill myself because I could never replace this guitar. I love the whole guitar, I don't hate it, I love the features. How would you compare this to other guitars? Dude 12 in the world! // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ WM24 Renegade 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/10/2014