WG228 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 07/19/2004 category: Electric Guitars
It spots a humbucker/single coil/humbucker (H/S/H) setup, Floyd-Rose tremlo with locking system and a well finished fretboard and polished greenish-black body throughout.
 8.1
 9.6
 6.5
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
WG228 Reviewed by: JaMeZtEr, on july 19, 2004

Purchased from: SweeLee Music in Singapore

Features: - Made in China. - 24 frets - Solid alder flame top - Solid alder body - Double cut, a bit like the Ibanez RG Series - Licensed floyd rose vibrato - 5-way Switch - One tone one volume - HSH pickup config. Washburn pickups - Floyd rose locking nut // 10

Sound: It suits my style really well. Actually, it's so versatile, it can fit any music style very well. The tone knob works magnificently, unlike lots of other guitars. I like the 24 frets, as I am beginning to play lots of solos (I have played the acoustic guitar for 7 months and I'm starting to play an electric) The two humbuckers cancel a lot of hum. The single coil pickup in the middle also has very little hum. Overdrive is pretty good with this guitar. You can easily adjust the feedback. Sometimes there is too much, for my cord isn't very long, but it's fine if you had a longer one. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Very good factory set-up. I started playing it right out of the box. You don't have to do much of your own setup. Very good action. Pickups were adjusted just fine, though mine had a few brown things on the tips, but that was just mine. I can just wipe it off though. The bridge was totally awesome! Most Floyd Rose bridges only bring the pitch lower, but mine somehow can increase and decrease the pitch. The guitar has NO flaws at all. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing. The hardware is very lasting. The strap buttons are fine. Not exactly magnificent, but they will keep the straps on. I could use this at a gig without backup, but its always a good thing to bring one just incase. The finish is perfect. No worries about it wearing off. // 10

Overall Impression: I play lots of punk music. Some rock too, but mostly punk. As I said, I have played for 7 months already. The only gear I have are this guitar, a Bad Dog amp, and an acoustic guitar. If it were stolen I would get the same one. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ WM24 Renegade 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/10/2014