WI100 Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 01/25/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: WI100
This guitar has the VCC system which means it has single coil and humbuckers. My musical choice is metal, punk and grunge. This guitar is really easy to get perfect tones out of. I get perfect tones for nearly every song I play.
 7.6
 6.1
review (1) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
WI100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 25, 2012

Features: This guitar has the VCC system which means it has single coil and humbuckers. It has two VCC control knobs and two volume controls. It has a carbon black matte finish. The only real problem is the placement of the top strap button which allows the strap to fall off if you twist the wrong way or if you have a tendency to bop along with your playing. // 8

Sound: My musical choice is metal, punk and grunge. This guitar is really easy to get perfect tones out of. I have played Gibson Les Pauls, SG's and Jackson Flying V's and I have never came across a guitar so easy to adjust sound quickly. I get perfect tones for nearly every song I play. I use a Marshall 100 watt tube with the standard two buttons and its perfect. It's hard to get perfect tone on lower wattage amps but it is doable. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't buy this guitar from a shop I traded it with a friend for an electro-acoustic Epiphone. Although I was not present when the guitar was purchased I have to say it was in outstanding condition. There was one scratch on it but that was from wear and tear. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would bring this back to a gig without a backup I rely on it that much. If your too heavy picking and sometimes hit the body under the strings the finish will fade in that area but if you take care of it it will last you for years. The finish will also fade if not put on guitar stand or if its being rubbed up against all the time. Again if you take care of it, it will take care of you. // 9

Overall Impression: If this guitar was a woman I'd marry it. It's easy to play real speed demon. Bends work brilliant better than when I had the SX custom. I love the VCC system and would not trade for any other guitar in the world. I don't let any untrained unexperienced guitarists so much than stare ay it. Highly recommended guitar if you can get one, seriously get one. I've only been playing for two years and I'm self thought and I can play hard songs such as psychosocial and master of puppets with this and cannot on any other guitar I've ever played. I cannot stress to you how brilliant this guitar is. The only fault in it is the top strap button placement. // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ RX10 8 Electric Guitars 10/17/2014