WM24PROE Review

manufacturer: Washburn date: 04/19/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Washburn: WM24PROE
Washburn WM24PROE guitar of the heavy metal Series, solid mahogany body, bolt-on mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard. EMG 81 Hals pickup, 85 Brucken pickup active humbucker, Die-Cast machine heads; Buzz Feiten tuning system; licensed Floyd Rose tremolo, color black.
 Features: 9.5
 8.4
 9.7
 7.1
reviews (2) pictures (2) 14 comments vote for this gear:
WM24PROE Reviewed by: Frededk, on july 24, 2008

Price paid: € 938

Purchased from: Eskildsen.dk

Features: Washburn WM24PROE BK was made in Indonesia 2008, it features 24 Jumbo frets with star inlays. Massive Mahogany body and bolt-on 25, 5" mahagony neck. It has a nice Black Finish on a cool looking Strat-like body. The bridge is an Original Floyd Rose tremolo system. It features Active EMG pickups, EMG81 in bridge and EMG85 in neck. It has a 3 way toggle. The tuners are Buzz Feiten. With the guitar did I get a Washburn gig bag. // 9

Sound: If you play heavy this is the guitar for you! It really has a sound suited perfectly for that genre of music. I'm using it through my Ashdown Fallen Angel stack and a Line6 POD-Xt-Live. It does not have a lot of noise when you are not playing, so it is very comfortable to have when you are not playing. If you want to be making harmonics this is a really great guitar to do that on, because of the EMGs! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it I changed the 09 strings with 010, and just played. It can be played straight out of the box. There have been no problems with it so far and I have played it for hours every day for nearly 3-4 months. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't been playing it at a Live show yet, so I can just say what I think, and I think that this will be killer to have at a Live show! I know that it is a bad idea not to have a backup when you are using Floyd Rose, but I actually think that there is no need for backup here. The finish seems to last and the sound will as well. // 10

Overall Impression: For my metal it is the perfect guitar and it was very cheap (I know that it might seem expensive for you, but guitars are expensive in Denmark), and through my Fallen Angel stack and Line 6 board this guitar really shows what it is worth! If it were stolen or lost I would probably go buy a new one. I love the looks of it, I mean just look at it! It is very light weight which is what I like the most. The fretboard is easy to play on from 0 to 24th fret. I compared it to other brands which actually were more expensive and didn't feature as much as this. This is a guitar you have to try, and maybe buy. // 10

WM24PROE Reviewed by: DarkShot08, on april 19, 2012

Purchased from: Purchased online

Features: This guitar was made in 2009. It boasts a super fast phenolic fretboard with 24 stainless steel frets on thin mahogany neck. It is a solid body guitar, the body is mahogany and beautifully carved to give a stunning and unique appearance. The finish was glossy black, and it really goes well with the curves on the body, this beast also boasts a nice point reverse headstock that looks totally killer. The bridge is an original floyd rose tremolo, the guitar also came with original EMG 81 and 85 active pickups installed. There are two knobs, one for volume and the other for tone and 3 way selector switch. The guitar has black hardware and black Grover 18:1 tuners. With the guitar I got a excellent padded Washburn gig bag (the best gig bag I've seen in all my years of playing). Worth noting is it's phenolic fretboard, it's fast. Very fast. And very smooth, it is better than rosewood and anyone who is used to playing on rosewood would be amazed by the feel of the phenolic fretboard featured on this guitar. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of metal and rock, and with it's mahogany body and EMGs, this guitar is suited perfectly to that type of music. It has a really heavy sound, and the stainless steel frets seem to add a bit of sharpness to the tone (I think this is a good thing). The pickups are totally silent when not being used, and I have never had any problems with them. I feel while this guitar is suited to metal, it is actually quite versatile, I was able to get some nice clean sounds from different amps and effects, however I would not recommend buying this guitar to play clean songs, not because it's bad, but because you could probably get better from a different guitar! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar come set up to standard tuning, the action was very low which I liked. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, as was the tremolo and the intonation. The guitar come with no flaws and was perfect, I tuned it to drop D and adjusted the usual things you have to adjust when dealing with a floyd rose and began to play straight away without having to adjust anything out of the ordinary. The guitar was set up perfectly and I overall I found no flaws after I inspected it (I'm always a bit skeptical when ordering things online hehe). // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing. Period. It is an excellent guitar with an excellent sound, and is very presentable as it is a gorgeous guitar for any metal fan to look at. The hardware will last nicely, I have dropped it one or two times by accident and nothing has broken or even scratched. The strap buttons are made of a kind of plastic, however they are nice and sturdy and I haven't bothered to replace them as I have not felt that I needed to. I would definitely depend on it and I would definitely use it without a backup. The finish will last forever unless you somehow manage to bust it, and you can not fault the guitar for that. // 10

Overall Impression: I am in love with this guitar. It is the best guitar I have owned and considering it's price, it's a NUTS deal. One can not even comprehend how much of a crazy deal this guitar was, when set up correctly, it plays like a guitar TRIPLE the price. I compared this to a more expensive Ibanez and Schecter and this beats them both by far. This guitar far surpassed my expectations and I am incredibly happy I bought it. If it were stolen or broken I would 100% buy another one even if it was double the cost. There is nothing about this guitar that I hate, it is sheer perfection. The only thing I wish it had was a neck-thru construction then it would be sheer perfection of a greater magnitude! // 10

More Washburn reviews rating category latest review
+ XM-STD2 8.3 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014